Dance Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Dance Direct
Read Dance Direct Reviews

About Dance Direct:

Dance Direct has grown from a family run business to become the leading dancewear retailer in the UK and Europe. Our passion is in providing high quality, affordable dancewear and accessories to the dance community; our pride is in enabling dancers to achieve their dreams without worrying about the cost. Working in partnership with Revolution Dancewear – one of the world’s leading costume and dancewear manufacturers – we also supply a fantastic collection of high quality ready-to-wear costumes for shows and performances.

Harlequin House, ,

Tell us how Dance Direct made you happy
Dance Direct 5 star review on 4th June 2021
Suzanna
Dance Direct 5 star review on 26th May 2021
Katrina
Cheryl
Tessa G
Disappointed that you were out of stock of one of the items I ordered (due to a stock discrepancy) but took payment for it. Whilst I understand that these things happen, I would have expected this to have been picked up when my order was packed and reported. Triggering an automatic refund and email. That said getting the refund was no trouble and easy to do
Just a little disappointed that one of our items was wrong, the code on the item sent was different to the item we ordered. Otherwise we were happy with the other items we received.
Good afternoon, I'm sorry to hear that one of the items is incorrect. Please could you send us an e-mail with more information and a photo of what you have received instead to hello@dancedirect.com?
I like the products from Dance Direct, however I do find the warehouse and packing service a little less professional. I have had garments delivered which are not the size that the packaging states and most recently I ordered a pair of shoes in UK size 5, which were a US 5. I had to fill in return forms and go to the post office in Lockdown to return them.
Excellent products but the website is awful. Very slow and difficult to navigate. I tend to avoid it unless I need to use it despite the excellent range
Very fast delivery to the other side of the world. sizing very generous, and not true to size chart. ordered a Large child, but needing a medium or small?? otherwise costumes are lovely, i would have given a 5 star review if the sizing was more accurate.
Good afternoon, thank you for your feedback, I am sorry to hear that the sizing was very generous, I have now passed this feedback to our buying department to look into further.
My previous orders have fast and efficient and have the lowest prices that I can find. I’m very happy with the service
Really nice shoes but the popper came un done multiple times on stage.... dangerous :(
Hi Laura, Thank you for your review. We are very concerned about this, could you kindly send us an e-mail with your order number to hello@dancedirect.com so that we can organise a replacement for you as this could be a faulty item, and allow us to address the issue with our supplier?
Ordered a chiffon wrap skirt in adult size (one size only) I am a size 10 and it is only just about okay, not really big enough. The item itself is perfect just sizing not generous enough!
Phone orders are easy , people are very helpful. Website orders are a nightmare, photos aren’t clear enough and colours aren’t clear. Very confusing -and I am still waiting for 3 refunds.
Hi Pamela, thank you for your feedback. We have raised your comments with our IT department regarding the issues on the website. I will call you for the tracking information so I can look into your refunds.
I order black footless tights in s/m for my size 8 daughter they are very small more petite than s/m. The leotard was a good fit however some of the stitching is not great, we are kept both items as needed for the next day but not sure how long the stitching will hold in places. Ordering and delivery was all very easy and the item was delivered on time.
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that the stitching is poor on the leotard. We would like to look into this for you, please could you send a photo of the problem to help@firstposition.com.
Sizing wasn’t clear on ordering, we ordered normal shoe size as it didn’t state otherwise and they came up really small
Thank you for your review. We are sorry you are unhappy with the sizing. We value your feedback and will certainly forward it to the relevant department. We hope you continue to shop with us in the future.
I ordered two pairs for my daughters ballet performance. It was vital they were pink. But both pairs arrived and even though the box and ad say pink, the tights are definitely peach. Missold. We couldn’t use these for the performance and instead had to wear old ones. Otherwise the tights are good quality.
Thank you for your review Iwona. We are sorry to hear you are not happy with the colour of the tights you have received, if these are unopened they can be returned for a full refund via our free returns form. We hope you continue to shop with us in the future :)
I ordered 9 of this skirts for a dance group, the quality of the skirts is good for the price. But DO NOT TRUST the measurement on the chart! it is kids size only so the bigest would be like a size 6 for adults!
Thank you for your review Alba. We are pleased you are happy with the quality of the skirts you have ordered it is a shame to hear you are not happy with the sizing, with the particular skirts you have ordered these are not made in normal leotard sizes and are in waist size. We hope you continue to shop with us in the future :)
Fair prices and decent range of products. Slow delivery.
Thank you fr your review. We are pleased that you are happy with our products. We can see that your order was placed on the 11th and was received on the 13th. Hopefully next time this will be quicker. We hope that you continue to shop with us in the future.
I am very satisfied with the product (black leotard), but making sure I am buying the correct size was very stressful. Please add a page to the website with a size chart and make it easy to navigate to.
Thank you for your review. Please accept our apologies the sizing chart was not easy to find. The sizing chart should be below every item. We hope you continue to shop with us in the future :)
I was unable to use the discount code that I’d been sent with a previous order.
Thank you for your review. The discount code on the back of your invoice is valid on first position items only. We hope you continue to shop with us in the future :)
Reasonably priced but pretty certain these shoes had been worn before!!! Slightly disappointed to be honest.
Thank you for your review Debbie. We have contacted you directly. Kind regards, first position
Expensive delivery
Thank you for your review. Your feedback will be passed on to see if this is something we can improve on. We hope you continue to shop with us in the future :)
It was my first time ordering from here, and I was worried the leotards wouldn’t be great because of the affordable price. I was so impressed with my leotard and I love wearing it! It’s great quality and fits perfectly!
Thank you for your review Lily. We are pleased you are happy with your first order and that as well as a great price we manage to offer amazing quality also. We hope you continue to shop with us in the future :)
Pants fit fine wasn’t happpy with shine of material and quite thin also not able to return even tho o ly tried on over other underwear!
Thank you for your review Emma. We are sorry to hear you are not happy with your purchase, unfortunately due to health and safety reasons we are unable to accept the return of underwear. We hope this doesn't prevent you ordering with us in the future :)
Dance Direct is rated 4.58 based on 3,173 reviews