CSJ Reviews

How would you rate CSJ?

Elaine Houghton
Elaine Houghton
Verified Reviewer
"We recently got a door fitted from csj.We were very impressed about the length of time from ordering the door to getting it fitted was all completed in 2weeks. The team that came to fit it were very good and done a fantastic job. Would recommend csj to my friends"
Diane Gibb
"Everything done as promised. Very happy with our new door and will consider csj again for our kitchen😀"
Mr & Mrs Aitken
Mr & Mrs Aitken
Verified Buyer
"The products that they use are of high quality, as are the finishing materials. In addition, the tradesmen are cheerful, pleasant and having provided an excellent standard of finish they clear up very effectively."
"Had 7 windows fitted by Team 3 this week professional efficient job done happy customers"
Reverend D. Horseburgh
Unverified Reviewer
"Fantastic work by the joiners, good to see people taking pride in their work, nothing was a problem for these guys especially as they were working on my property which dates back to 1892. New windows and French doors fitted look lovely, will definitely recommend to anybody else in our village looking for work. Thanks again CSJ. Rev D. Horseburgh"
Steven Meechan East Kilbride
Verified Reviewer
"csj where fantastic from start to finish. they took our ideas and turned them into reality. from the moment we first contacted them to when they finished our bathroom every attention to detail was perfect, the quality of workmanship was second to none, so Ben (the plumber) who was here for the whole fit, whatever their paying you tell them to double it. Honestly the whole team where fantastic and we now have a showroom bathroom to be proud of, so much so that we are definetly getting csj in to do our downstairs bathroom and when the time comes we will also get them to install our kitchen and would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone who wants great quality workmanship with great service."
Jim And Sheila Dickson
Verified Reviewer
"I had two previous jobs done by CJS which were both very good. The third, however, was a bit of a disappointment. After having a window fitted in our small bedroom. I noticed that the wood on the upright of the inside casing was bubbled. The veneer on the plywood was lifting off. As we had planned to varnish the inside to match the natural wood flooring and skirting, my wife and I discussed this,and decided to paint it instead. I called CJS and asked if I removed the faulty veneer, re-filled it and painted it, would they give me some kind of discount, as it would cost them a fair bit to have someone come out to replace the wood. After calling them twice over a period of a few weeks, I was told that, no, I would not receive any kind of discount, and that they would send out an "engineer" to remedy the matter. The engineer arrived, and told me he was given the wrong information. He was told it was a piece of facing that needed replacing, despite me sending them photographs clearly showing the inside casing. He agreed with me that it would be costly to them to remove the inside woodwork to replace the faulty part, and he agreed to call his office to ask if they would give me a discount instead. He never got through to his office, despite calling twice. He removed the bubbled veneer and filled it (with my filler, as he had none) On leaving, he still had not heard from his office. I now have a window sill and casing painted white instead of being varnished as planned, and I still have not received the customary phone call from CJS to ask if the job was done to my satisfaction. Very disapointing."
Gillian Babkier
Verified Reviewer
"Only 1 star and that’s for the team who worked on my bathroom. They were polite courteous and did an excellent job. I can’t recommend CSJ due to the “project manager” assigned to me. Didn’t turn up on the first day of work which too was actually a day late then denied he said he would be there. He only bothered to call me when asking for more money and came to my home as there was an issue with no running hot water from my bathroom tap after work was finished. Again said there would be an added cost as I now needed a pump (surely this should have been identified before job started). He said I was shouting at him and I realised nothing positive would come out of the immediate situation I asked him to leave my property he threatened me with solicitors which in a later conversation he again denied. The pump was installed to give me running hot water at no extra cost which I was grateful for but I was also promised someone would be out to clean off all of the silicon marks from my wet wall which never happened. I honestly could not face another conversation with the “project manager “ so have tried to clean the walls myself. This should have been a pleasant experience but this individual made it upsetting and very stressful to the point that I cannot enjoy my new bathroom due to the bad memories"
"Had new back door fitted last week by team 4 very professional efficient work did not take long."
"We have just had our third job done by CSJ. We had a new front door and window, then a new large lounge window and now we have had a new back door. In every case the tradesmen have been efficient, helpful and tidy. They may not be the cheapest option, but the quality of the products and the standard of workmanship is well worth it."
"Just had new windows and door fitted. Very professional and efficient work. We are extremely happy with the end result and the products supplied."
"New door fitted. A few hiccups with regards to missed signatures on paperwork etc, but acceptable due to new staff. Very friendly throughout the process. Job completed professionally and I'm happy with the result."
Dalgety Bay, Fife, KY11
Verified Reviewer
"This is the second time I have used CSJ (Central Scotland Joinery) and asked to have #Team3 - Davie, Bryan and John. Very smooth and easy service from start to finish once again via the Head Office, despite all the chaos of Snowmaggedon2018. The quality of workmanship is perfect. And the quality of the doors and windows (which are manufactured to measure in Falkirk) are far better than other "leading" well-known companies, in my opinion, and more than half less expensive, if I'm allowed to say that. One quote from a local, regularly-advertised company was three times the cost of CSJ. Heat loss and drafts from the old windows and doors frames and double glazing - versus - the new CSJ ones has noticeably improved: I have had to turn down the heating. Amazing! I will never use any other joinery or home improvements firm and totally recommend #Team3 and CSJ. So glad their sales team turned up one day on my doorstep. They're all also really nice people to deal with, into the bargain. Other home improvements needed and the next project is in the pipeline and CSJ will absolutely be carrying it out."
George And Anne, Edinburgh
Unverified Reviewer
"From first contact with sales and then to the installation itself we were treated with courtesy and respect. My wife and I are in our mid seventies and we both have severe health issues. These factors were taken seriously by the company sa;es team and were passed on to the installers so that on the day of the installation we were given special care and consideration. The windows make a big difference to the appearance of the house and have not gone unnoticed by friends and neighbours. The woodwork finish inside is excellent and really improves the decor of our rooms. In terms of value for money putting in these high quality windows is one of the best decisions we have taken regarding home improvement. We have nothing but praise for CSJ and regret not having used them earlier. George and Anne, Edinburgh"
"I have just had a large front window fitted and didn.t have to wait to long . the joiners arrived on he date arranged and it was snowing so they suggested to wait so no damage was done and they came back the next day to fit window . the joiners were very professional and the window was fitted with the minimal disruption . they were very friendly and they cleaned everything up behind themselves ."
Eddie Colliar
Verified Reviewer
"We have just had new front and rear exterior doors fitted by Team 3. The guys worked from the minute they arrived, and we were very surprised at how quickly the doors were fitted. The guys were courteous, tidy and hard working. Driveway and floors covered up, and they hoovered and swept up when finished. Good explanation of product given; locking, cleaning, keys etc. Great job, great product."
Sarah And Chris Reid
Verified Reviewer
"We had team 3 out this week to fit new sash and case windows up stairs and down, and fit a new solid door. Their standard of work was impeccable, the boys were so professional and you would never know they had even been, such a tidy finish. We love our new windows!! Thanks so much"
Jamie McCall
Verified Reviewer
"Had 8 windows and a bay window fitted recently. Still some issues to be ironed out in regards to the wood work finishing (a gap at the top of window frame and wall) but have been promised this will be rectified. Have dropped a star as I was promised by sales man that all furniture would be covered with dust sheets and all mess tidied up. Appreciate there will be mess and dust, but still had to go and clean up rubble after engineers left. Dust everywhere but more care could have been taken to cover though, couch dusty and computer monitor coated in dust. Also a few marks up and down stairs and hall where windows taken upstairs have been bashed against the walls scraping paint and walls and a few bits of plaster knocked off walls with removal of existing windows. I’m happy with the finish of the windows though, the uPVC and glass is quality and the mahogany window frames are really nice. Just hope to see the engineers back soon to rectify the few small issues I have. When reported the customer service staff really apologetic and friendly."
GM, Dalgety Bay, Fife
Verified Reviewer
"CSJ Team 3 has just left after installing 2 new windows and 1 new front door at my Dalgety Bay, Fife home. Very pleased and could not fault anything. They were running an hour or so late arriving, but I appreciated the excellent communication from the staff at the head office who called to let me know in advance, so it wasn't a problem for me. I never buy services on the doorstep, to be honest, but the sales team when they called were really genuinely friendly, helpful and the main reason for using Central Scotland Joinery (CSJ) was they were all from the Falkirk area where my family are from. I see their vans around my local area quite a lot. I will definitely get them back again and totally recommend them. I wish I'd got the kitchen door and another 2 windows done as well - for the reasonable prices they charge for quality doors/windows and EXCELLENT WORKMANSHIP. I don't know why I didn't do that in the first place. I think at the quotation visit I was so taken aback at the reasonable price that I went blank but I should've definitely got the kitchen door etc done too. More than happy to have CSJ Team 3 back again. Nice lads, polite, no mess left etc, 3 hours to do the full job which is exactly how long they said it would take. The only downside is the fantastic new windows/door make the rest of the house look shabby by comparison!!!"
Iain Patterson And Mary Wilkins
Verified Reviewer
"The crew of two did the job very well and at no great inconvenience to us. Using the new walk-in shower is a joy and the finish is just fine. Thanks. Would recommend your company to anyone."
"Excellent service from initial meeting right through to fitting our new windows. Very pleased with the windows fiving us more light into our living room and improved insulation throughout the house"
D. Macleod, Edinburgh.
Verified Reviewer
"Time wasters, I took time off work to get a quote done for 3.5 bathrooms in an extension, the guy came out, measured up, said he would get the quote done then didn’t have the courtesy to say he wasn’t going to bother. Tried to chase them up but just got the run around."
"Workdone for Mrs Young at 2 Southhouse Loan, Edinburgh. Appeared at time arranged to fit new front door, took care of all her concerns, including items in her hallway, and even moved pots and plants in her garden so as not to be damaged. She was delighted with the work, including all clearing up afterwards.."
CSJ is rated 4.69 based on 274 reviews