Crunch Reviews

81% of reviewers recommend Crunch

About Crunch: Crunch is a groundbreaking online accountancy firm for freelancers, contractors and small businesses. By combining accredited, award-winning in-house accountants with internally-developed cloud software, Crunch delivers a complete business accountancy service for a flat monthly fee. No costly extras, your own personal account manager, and maximum tax efficiency.

Crunch’s monthly fee of £69.50+VAT includes:

- Unlimited access to your own account manager and a team of accredited accountants
- Access to our simple, real-time online accounting software to help you stay on top of your finances
- Year end filings, Corporation Tax and VAT returns all included in your monthly fee
- Our team will handle the taxman for you with our Registered Office service
- Mobile apps for on-the-go bookkeeping
- RTI-compliant payroll included for two company directors
- A hand-picked range of additional business services

To learn more visit Crunch.co.uk

review@crunch.co.uk

Telecom House, 125-135 Preston Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 6AF

Category:
Accountants

Tell us how Crunch made you happy

Would Work With Again no
"Spend your money on an online bookkeeping course, as you'll be doing it all yourself anyway. Lots of promises but very poor user experience, staff have very limited knowledge of actual accounting and expect you to do most of it yourself. To give an example I'm currently trying to reconcile my accounts, but because my credit card's CSV download (Barclays) doesn't provide a running balance, my 'account manager' doesn't know what to do. As such I have had to create my own CSV file and add all transactions (even though I have already done this in crunch), which I then upload so that their system will accept it. It still isn't sorted and because they require accounts to be completely up-to-date to do last years self assessment (?!?) I am now almost a week away from the deadline and my accountants have advised I go elsewhere! E-mail response is very slow (although when I cancelled my direct debit they got in touch straight away). Overall very bad experience and I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy."
Hi Rick,

Please allow me to introduce myself as the Client Experience Manager here at Crunch Accounting, I’m sorry to hear you’re not having a great experience right now. I’d like to step in and offer my help in resolving your issues with the reconciliation so I’ll be in touch this morning.

We’ve recently developed a new Crunch integration with Barclays as we were aware that their statements lacked some basic functionality. This is a great new addition to the service and it’s free of charge. I’ll provide you with more information when we review your account together today.

Looking forward to helping resolve your issues,

Kind regards
Would Work With Again Yes
"Impressive response times. Friendly, patient and helpful account manager (Sian), and when there is a more complex matter a schedule phone call with a senior accountant is always set-up timely. For one-man bands like myself (Limited Company) Crunch's business and delivery model offers superior value for money compared to traditional accountancies (Premium package incl. bank reconciliation and all filing requirements). Highly recommended!"
Would Work With Again Yes
"Crunch has been great in terms of getting on top of everything accounting. The online tool is complete, clear and comprehensive providing much more of a real-time position of my business than more traditional accountants i was with initially. Danny Edwards, my account a manager has been fantastic in supporting my transition into Crunch; his patience and availability has been great making my move into Crunch pain free."
Would Work With Again yes
"Our Company has been with Crunch for a few years. Once you've mastered the software it makes managing the accounts very straight forward, I was very glad to leave Quickbooks behind. It has been a pleasure to work with Louis Worrell, who has been our Account Manager this year. He is extremely helpful, professional and always responds promptly. I know if I have any difficulties, I can count on him to help me resolve them."
Would Work With Again Yes
"Exceptional service, always quick to respond, and amazing service from Lawrence Miller!"
Would Work With Again Yes
"Luke Young has been of significant help in ensuring I am up to speed with my records, expenses etc. Luke is a valuable asset."
Would Work With Again yes
"Their support, speed to responses and expertise is the best I've ever experienced. I always know exactly how my company is doing financially and am given clear information on when to file HMRC documents. They're just fantastic and really take the stress out of accounting."
Would Work With Again yes
"I want to break Crunch into two distinct parts: the service and the people. The service that Crunch provides is absolutely invaluable. They take the hassle, headaches, and panic out of accounting. They remove a lot of the confusion and stress and leave me to do what I need to do, which is provide services to my own clients. They help with with broad questions, like how I should set myself up for VAT, right down to super specific issues, too intricate to even go into. They provide a wide array of services to a consistently high level of quality. I have absolutely every confidence in everything they do for me, which is reassuring when we’re talking about money and tax and government. What really sets Crunch apart, though, are the people who work there. I know that every time I email, no matter how trivial or banal or complex or fiddly my problem, they will always reply immediately, helpfully, and proactively. They also manage to strike the perfect balance between professional and personable, which is something I value very highly: it means I know that I can trust them, I know that they’ve got everything under control, but they also conduct themselves as laid back, down to earth, and truly friendly people (special shout out to Amelia, my Account Manager at the time of writing—she has the patience of a saint!). I’ve been using Crunch for 3+ years now. I recommend them to anyone who will listen, and will continue to use them while ever I run my own business. They’re the best."
Would Work With Again yes
"Accountancy is a minefield for me, which is why Crunch get a 5 star rating here. My Account Manager, Sian, answers all of my questions (and there are lots!) on the same day, often immediately. She is absolutely amazing! Crunch really do make accountancy simple. I highly recommend them. Their service is worth every penny!"
Would Work With Again Yes
"Been a customer coming up to a year now (10 months), and have had a good experience so far. The web system used is a bit clunky in some areas, but does the job. The place where Crunch shines is customer service. My account manager will respond to any queries same day - usually same hour. This is a massive help, and the reason why I cannot think about using another accounting provider. Everyone I have ever spoken to within Crunch is knowledgeable, helpful and polite."
Would Work With Again no
"I heard about the company on internet, and communicated with their online adviser to learn more about their services. The adviser interrupted the conversation in an unexpected and unkind manner after he heard that we are not UK resident although the company for which we request assistance is UK-based. I personally and professionally felt disturbed, the conduct was pretty unprofessional."
Would Work With Again yes
"This is my first experience with English Accountants and I have to say that Crunch team have done a brilliant work for me in this my first year with them. In particular, many thanks to Lisa who has always been ready and available to listen to my questions and issues. I had an urgent matter to be solved and Lisa understood the urgency and the matter and made it possible to have my accounts ready in few days. Many many thanks Lisa!"
Would Work With Again yes
"Louis is always very helpful and always gives outstanding service. Always there at the end of the phone."
Would Work With Again Yes
"Every time I call, I get a prompt response, ether a message taken, or straight through to Louis Worrell who is 1st Class. No complaints thus far."
Would Work With Again yes
"It is my second year in business, and I can admit that when you start a venture, yes there are bumps along the way. Admin and banking is definitely NOT my area, and despite a few bugs from the system, I am happy with Crunch. It is much better now that at the beginning 18 months ago and I feel this company is also evolving in its best possible way. I was dealing with different account managers back then and I was struggling to make everything work smoothly on the system. However I have now been dealing with Rosie Hands for the last 5/6 months and she has been absolutely amazing to work with. She is very patient with all my questions, quick to answer and always willing to help, she has definitely been a huge help so far in getting everything right for my business on the admin side. 5 star customer service on that side for sure."
Would Work With Again Yes
"From the first phone call about account setup and assistance with new company (ltd.) setup liaising with Crunch has been very professional. At that stage I appreciated that there was no 'hard-sales' or 'sales' approach. Since having been assigned an account manager (S Swift) each of my queries has been addressed within great response times and with detailed, professional knowledge. Stephen has repeatedly provided the exact detailed information that I needed and also has made me aware or reminded me if information was still outstanding. The portal itself is well designed for easy navigation and very user-friendly. I also appreciate the automated messages that guide me through the process for tax payments, statement reconciliations, etc. I've used Crunch now for just over 2 months and would say it's been a friendly and reliable service! Thank you."
Would Work With Again yes
"Crunch was very good at helping me set up everything and making it simple. This past year I've also had the best account manager Luke who really stepped it up and made the whole experience even better."
Would Work With Again no
"What went right? The software should just be deleted and started again from scratch. Clunky, complicated and full of bugs. I would recommend using Wave Accounting's free cloud app and find a local accountant that you can work with as working with loads of different people creates a lot of miscommunications. The staff are great to speak to but the management and idea of the company is poorly executed which is why it actually gets a star. A shame because the company started off great."
Hi Chris,

My name’s Andy and I’m the Client Experience Manager at Crunch. Thank you taking the time to share your experiences and very sorry to hear you’re unhappy with the software. I'll be in touch shortly to see where you’ve experienced problems with the Crunch platform. All feedback is greatly appreciated and I’ll report it back to the team.

Thank you for your kinds words about our staff and I look forward to seeing what went wrong for you.

Many thanks
Would Work With Again Yes
"Amazing company who has helped me grow from a Micro business to small/mid business, advising me along the way. I have recently moved account managers to Stephen Swift who has really made the entire communications chain a breeze and goes out of his way to get things sorted quickly!"
Would Work With Again Yes
"Very easy to use software, and excellent customer service via experienced and knowledgeable dedicated account managers. Highly recommended."
Crunch is rated 4.23 based on 269 reviews