Crunch Reviews

of reviewers recommend Crunch
Read Crunch Reviews

About Crunch:

Crunch takes the stress out of accounting by reducing both cost and time. We provide simple online accounting for contractors, freelancers, sole traders, limited companies, and small businesses.

With over 10,500 clients, we offer a range of fixed-fee packages and bespoke solutions so you can design a service to suit you. We help with accounting, tax reporting, Self Assessments, payroll, expenses, bookkeeping, and much more.

We’re not just another software provider - we offer unlimited support and advice through our client management team and chartered certified accountants.

reviews@crunch.co.uk

Telecom House, 125-135 Preston Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 6AF

Tell us how Crunch made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Crunch 5 star review on 28th June 2016
Cams
More Photos & Videos
I have been using Crunch for the last 5 years. Their software is incredibly intuitive, their staff extremely helpful and overall they've made running a small business an effortless and stress-free experience. I can't recommend highly enough.
I have been with Crunch for almost 4 years and I have always been happy with Crunch's services and staff, but I have to highlight Mina Beshara as he was amazing with the accounts closure when my circumstances changed and I stopped contracting. He helped me a lot through the whole process and also managed to help me and explain me how to maximize gains. I consider his efforts and proactive attitude very positive and I felt the work progressed very well as I would even get daily or hourly updates. Keep up with the good work Crunch and keep up with the good work Mina Beshara!

Pedro Soares
Crunch gets handsomely paid by their customers to turn them into ledgers of their own system. Great marketing: I chose Crunch to make better decisions about my finances and simplify things. The reality is that I am turned into a operator of their system and spend all my time and energy trying to work out instructions to place all information in the right format and in the right places, just for the system to process it, and for me not to miss deadlines and pay penalties. Yes the customer service is pleasant and accessible, but what you get is advice on these instructions; and while you get stuck in the minutiae you don't get the time to get advice on your finances and the things that matter to your business. The Crunch model is a lure and their marketing plain misleading if not totally dishonest.
Hi Fred,

My name’s Andy and I’m the Client Experience Manager here at Crunch. Thank you for your recent feedback and I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with the service. I'd like to get in touch to understand a little more about how we can look to put things right and improve.

We built our software to be as user friendly as possible and offer first class support to help our customers use it. There may be times where our support is needed more and it looks as though something hasn’t been as straightforward as we hoped.

We're clear with our marketing how we operate and we are open with what the service is. We also provide a Premium Package which has an allocated bookkeeper help with the day to day transactions for people who want this.

I'll be in touch to see if I can offer my support and see where we can look to improve.

Many thanks
I started my own business at the end of 2016 for the first time. I had no idea how to get it up and running, registered with Customs House, or how to do any of the accounting whatsoever. I started using Crunch and got Luke Young as my account manager. He walked me through the whole process and was unbelievably patient with me given I regularly had no idea what I was doing. Luke was always available to quickly and simply answer my (numerous and often repetitive) questions with regard to how to correctly enter my account information and was always there to walk me through things I didn't understand. Overall I'd recommend the service to anyone, it's solid and you've always got someone there to answer your queries.
Easy online platform
I have to say, I'm allergic to accounting. So, while I understand the system is easy to use, I'm terrible at it. Having said that, my Client Manager, Matt McNeill, has been really supportive and helped me through every step of the way! He's fantastic.
Neat user interface and easy to understand for novices.
The crunch app is easy to use and very friendly as you have an instant view of the company's accounts. The support and account managers are helpful and get things done fast. I do recommend the service for anyone who wants to spend less time on acounting and more time on business!
Luke is professional, friendly and extremely attentive to our account. Great customer service from someone with patience and experience.
Very professional service, helpful and friendly. Excellent online portal.
Very helpful staff and get things actioned quickly. Very knowledgeable and would highly recommend Crunch!
Great customer service, super helpful
Amazing customer service and great user interface
Extremely high quality of service. My account manager, Luke, regularly goes out of his way to be of assistance. I've never run a business or business account before so when I started out I was completely in the dark. Crunch and Luke helped immensely; genuinely don't think I'd have been able to get it done without their assistance.
Crunch always respond to my questions promptly, accurately and with an appropriate level of detail and context. They also don't get frustrated with what must be pretty basic enquiries from people such as myself who know very little about small companies, accounting or taxation.
We've been using Crunch services for over two years to process our monthly payrolls. The services have a quick turnaround time and dealt with professionalism, everytime !
I have been with Crunch since 2011 and I use to really rate them highly, but now they have gone down hill in the quality of service! The has been a few issues this year and I have wasted enough of my own time trying to resolve issues which relating to incompetence! I have finally decided to take my accounts elsewhere.
Hi there,
I'm very sorry to hear you're unhappy with our service. My name's Andy and I'm the Client Experience Manager here at Crunch. I'll begin investigating what has happened and I'll be in touch as soon as I can.

Please leave this with me and again I'm sorry that you're currently unhappy with the service,
Having been with Crunch for a couple of years I feel the service has gone dramatically down hill in the last year. To start with support questions were answered quickly and they the accountants were on top of my annual accounts. This year my accounts were due to be submitted to HMRC on 28th February 2017 and my corporation tax paid and cleared the same day. After two months of asking Crunch where these were I received them late on February 27th leaving only that evening to check them and also hope my payment to HMRC went through so I didn't incur any fines, which would have been my responsibility. Being self-employed, as all of us are, I didn't need the added stress of this situation on top of my day job when I pay Crunch a monthly payment to handle this for me. My year end is 31st May, my accounts are quite small and updated regularly, therefore Crunch had 9 months to prepare them but left it until the last day with nothing but an insincere apology (no phone call from my client manager).

Following this situation I have tried to reconcile my recent bank statements and found that all reconciliations since 31st May 2016 have been undone through a software error. I have contacted them to ask how it's happened and if they can reconcile all the transactions again as I don't feel I should have to do this. This was 2 weeks ago and unsurprisingly I'm still waiting for a resolution.

On recent experience I wouldn't recommend Crunch as their customer service is really poor. Find another online accountant or pay for a local accountant who you may find more helpful and prompt with their support.
Hi Craig

Please allow me to introduce myself as the Client Experience Manager here at Crunch Accounting, I’m sorry to hear you’re not having a great experience right now and I’d like to step in and offer my help in resolving your issues.

I'll be in touch this morning to see what we can do to get things back on track for you.

Please leave this with me,

Many thanks
This is all new to me , and I feel I am being looked after very well . Nothing is too much trouble for the crunch team and great value for the money.
They leave things until the last minute, until I complain, and after I have accrued fines. Just not what an accountant is for.
Hi Iain, I'm very sorry to hear that you're currently experiencing trouble with the service you're receiving.

My name is Luke and I'm the Client Experience Coordinator here at Crunch accounting, I've passed this onto one of our managers so that they can have a look into your situation.

Please leave this with us and we will be in touch as soon as we can.

Kind regards,