Crunch Reviews

81% of reviewers recommend Crunch

About Crunch: Crunch is a groundbreaking online accountancy firm for freelancers, contractors and small businesses. By combining accredited, award-winning in-house accountants with internally-developed cloud software, Crunch delivers a complete business accountancy service for a flat monthly fee. No costly extras, your own personal account manager, and maximum tax efficiency.

Crunch’s monthly fee of £69.50+VAT includes:

- Unlimited access to your own account manager and a team of accredited accountants
- Access to our simple, real-time online accounting software to help you stay on top of your finances
- Year end filings, Corporation Tax and VAT returns all included in your monthly fee
- Our team will handle the taxman for you with our Registered Office service
- Mobile apps for on-the-go bookkeeping
- RTI-compliant payroll included for two company directors
- A hand-picked range of additional business services

To learn more visit Crunch.co.uk

review@crunch.co.uk

Telecom House, 125-135 Preston Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 6AF

Category:
Accountants

Tell us how Crunch made you happy

Would Work With Again yes
"Luke is professional, friendly and extremely attentive to our account. Great customer service from someone with patience and experience."
Would Work With Again yes
"Very professional service, helpful and friendly. Excellent online portal."
Would Work With Again yes
"Very helpful staff and get things actioned quickly. Very knowledgeable and would highly recommend Crunch!"
Would Work With Again yes
"Great customer service, super helpful"
Would Work With Again yes
"Amazing customer service and great user interface"
Would Work With Again yes
"Extremely high quality of service. My account manager, Luke, regularly goes out of his way to be of assistance. I've never run a business or business account before so when I started out I was completely in the dark. Crunch and Luke helped immensely; genuinely don't think I'd have been able to get it done without their assistance."
Would Work With Again yes
"Crunch always respond to my questions promptly, accurately and with an appropriate level of detail and context. They also don't get frustrated with what must be pretty basic enquiries from people such as myself who know very little about small companies, accounting or taxation."
Would Work With Again yes
"We've been using Crunch services for over two years to process our monthly payrolls. The services have a quick turnaround time and dealt with professionalism, everytime !"
Would Work With Again no
"I have been with Crunch since 2011 and I use to really rate them highly, but now they have gone down hill in the quality of service! The has been a few issues this year and I have wasted enough of my own time trying to resolve issues which relating to incompetence! I have finally decided to take my accounts elsewhere."
Hi there,
I'm very sorry to hear you're unhappy with our service. My name's Andy and I'm the Client Experience Manager here at Crunch. I'll begin investigating what has happened and I'll be in touch as soon as I can.

Please leave this with me and again I'm sorry that you're currently unhappy with the service,
Would Work With Again no
"Having been with Crunch for a couple of years I feel the service has gone dramatically down hill in the last year. To start with support questions were answered quickly and they the accountants were on top of my annual accounts. This year my accounts were due to be submitted to HMRC on 28th February 2017 and my corporation tax paid and cleared the same day. After two months of asking Crunch where these were I received them late on February 27th leaving only that evening to check them and also hope my payment to HMRC went through so I didn't incur any fines, which would have been my responsibility. Being self-employed, as all of us are, I didn't need the added stress of this situation on top of my day job when I pay Crunch a monthly payment to handle this for me. My year end is 31st May, my accounts are quite small and updated regularly, therefore Crunch had 9 months to prepare them but left it until the last day with nothing but an insincere apology (no phone call from my client manager). Following this situation I have tried to reconcile my recent bank statements and found that all reconciliations since 31st May 2016 have been undone through a software error. I have contacted them to ask how it's happened and if they can reconcile all the transactions again as I don't feel I should have to do this. This was 2 weeks ago and unsurprisingly I'm still waiting for a resolution. On recent experience I wouldn't recommend Crunch as their customer service is really poor. Find another online accountant or pay for a local accountant who you may find more helpful and prompt with their support."
Hi Craig

Please allow me to introduce myself as the Client Experience Manager here at Crunch Accounting, I’m sorry to hear you’re not having a great experience right now and I’d like to step in and offer my help in resolving your issues.

I'll be in touch this morning to see what we can do to get things back on track for you.

Please leave this with me,

Many thanks
Would Work With Again Yes
"This is all new to me , and I feel I am being looked after very well . Nothing is too much trouble for the crunch team and great value for the money."
Would Work With Again no
"They leave things until the last minute, until I complain, and after I have accrued fines. Just not what an accountant is for."
Hi Iain, I'm very sorry to hear that you're currently experiencing trouble with the service you're receiving.

My name is Luke and I'm the Client Experience Coordinator here at Crunch accounting, I've passed this onto one of our managers so that they can have a look into your situation.

Please leave this with us and we will be in touch as soon as we can.

Kind regards,
"I have found that Crunch provide me with a consistent first class service to suit my business needs."
Would Work With Again yes
"I've used Crunch for over 5 years and have been very impressed with the consistency and quality of the service. My Account Manager (Sian) is very helpful and approachable and I've found accountants provide very good advice when I have queries. The software is easy to use and when I can't work it out, help is at hand, most recently from Emily, with my latest contract queries."
Would Work With Again yes
"I've worked for myself for 11 years now and like most people I have focused on the work and trusted my accountants to keep me safe and legal. After 9 years I found the previous bunch had been doing a terrible job on my behalf resulting in many fines and finally a large refund from HMRC. I needed a change and happened upon Crunch. What a breath of fresh air! Their website is slick but more importantly so are their people. I used to dread calling the accountants yet now it's like a lesson is customer service every time. It doesn't seem to matter who I speak to they are all highly profession, yet human and approachable. My Account Manager ('Stephen') exemplifies these qualities. Always there to answer my call and help me navigate the system, advice on a particular issue or pass me on to an accountant when needed. I have one referral to date and there will be many more to come just don't lose sight that it's people like Stephen that will keep me a loyal, vocal customer for years to come!"
Would Work With Again Yes
"Great service, communication and price. Highly recommend."
Would Work With Again Yes
"My experience with Crunch has been excellent. My Account Manager, Luke Young, has been solid as a rock - any problems with HMRC, worries about the process or if needed guidance on how to use the Crunch software, he patiently would walk me through all of it. He really took the fear out of accounting for me (as a finance phobic Art Director) to the point that I actually now enjoy crossing the T's and dotting the I's. I can wholeheartedly recommend Crunch as flexible and supportive accountants. Chris"
Would Work With Again Yes
"I have been using Crunch for about a year now and they have made my life so much easier. The reason we decided to change our accountant is because we never had our emails returned and was a real pain to have to go in and see the accountant and left us little time to grow the company. Crunch have been brilliant with monthly payroll and keeping me up to date with current HMRC guidelines. There is always someone that returns our emails and in a language that we understand."
Would Work With Again no
"I had a micro business with a small number of invoices & expenses. With a bit more effort I could have run my accounts from Excel, but found using an online accountant suited my needs. I was with Crunch for 5 years, at which time I only used their 'actual' accountancy services a couple of times for some very simple queries. The service, to be honest was fine during that period - but bear in mind I was only really using their web services and my accounts were beyond simple. Where I feel Crunch's exceptionally poor service was exposed was when I closed the company. They charged for over £200 to do the following: - End of year accounts - Send a form to de-register from VAT (must have take 5 minutes) - Send a form to Companies house notifying them of the company closing (another 5 minutes) - Send my final PAYE to HMRC and notify them of ending my PAYE scheme. Bearing in mind that the end of year accounts were 'part of the bundled service', and that the PAYE notice is literally just a checkbox/boolean flag on the final submission I felt this was somewhat taking the proverbial. When I pointed out that I had been with them for 5 years, and had hardly ever contacted their accountants, and they should take this into consideration regards the fee I was politely told there was no room for negotiation. So I paid the fee. What followed over the next 3 months was frankly a shambles. Passed from pillar to post, chasing them for updates, chasing them to close my accounts, chasing them for final Corp Tax / VAT figures (bearing in mind all of this is meant to be bundled in - its just final figures, not recurring). Not to mention, they filed the wrong VAT figure to HMRC, so I had to phone HMRC to sort it out. What really was annoying & I find frankly unacceptable was their 'final figures' . They had decided to change my dividend amounts, and sent me a baffling explantation, which I had to ask for clarification several times, and I felt never really satisfactory. In the end, I had to go through the last year's accounts, sales, PAYE, dividends etc with a book-keeper to sort out what Crunch's accountants were doing. And in the end - they'd missed 5K in figures which I needed to declare to HMRC for 16/17 tax year. Just avoid this company - the minute you need some advice, or come to close your business, then you'll be left wishing you had gone somewhere else. They've also not really changed their software in (at least) 5 years - apart from a styling change about 2 or 3 years ago which made it worse."
Hi Ben,

I'm sincerely sorry to hear that you're experiences have been below our level of service. My name's Andy and I'm the Client Experience Manager here at Crunch, I'm going to drop you a quick email to discuss your situation and see what I can do to help put things right.

I will also review all correspondence between yourself and our Accountants who produced your closing company accounts.

Please leave this with me and I'll be in touch as soon as I can,

Many thanks
All advice has been checked by our Senior Technical Accountant and any mention of incorrect advice should be ignored. We will be requesting a full retraction of the review.
Crunch is rated 4.24 based on 271 reviews