ConquerMaths.com Reviews

Online maths tuition for learners aged 4 to 18

01912286027

info@conquermaths.com

i4 Newcastle Enterprise Centres, East Quayside, Newcastle upon Tyne

Tell us how ConquerMaths.com made you happy
I'm a private tutor and use this with my students. They can start at the very beginning to check if they understand all the levels and do extra practice if they're not sure. Replaying lessons is invaluable - something you can;t get in class in the hurry-scurry to get things done. They love getting the certificates, more so if they can reach 90%+. It makes my job easier, because parents can sit alongside while the students work through lessons etc, and if there's still a bit of a blip, I can step in and explain things differently. It has also flagged up whether some children have dyslexic tendencies with the language used in maths.
Any hiccups, and the support team are very quick to respond.
Only one suggestion \ complaint: I'd like to see a vertical \ column layout for addition\subtraction\multiplication straight away. I don't think it's used in the early stages, and dyslexics in particular find it hard to compute across the page; it's easier 'up and down'.
(that's the reason for 4 stars)
This programme boosts students' confidence. They are eager to ask questions in class, where previously they would hold back. They can also learn at their own pace, which is the best.
I think it's something schools might invest in. Teachers could be on hand as mentors, to explain further, and let students progress faster.
It's also great for adult revision. I found several places where I needed clarification, and I already have a very old 'O' level maths. (1968)
Thank you Conquer Maths team.
It was not completely clear that my son would have access to all levels once we signed up for Conquer Maths. I am home schooling (combining with my son sports work in golf) and I wasn't absolutely sure what level he was at. However, once signed-in, I found that I could go back a level and do some revision with him. So far, so good. Many thanks.
We have just started using it and I think it is excellent but my 9 yr old daughter is still doubtful. She is phobic about Maths and I have found it useful as a diversion from my relationship with her, so we have less conflict, and she can use it in my absence as well. We both like the Australian male voice. We have called him "Jonathan". The lessons are short enough to keep her attention for the time required to teach her something, and the tests are good because she is beginning to see signs of progress which is VITAL to raise her confidence and improve her attitude to Maths. She lacks confidence because her fellow students mock her at school because she is supposedly 'bad' at Maths. On the downside, she said the lessons were 'boring'. She is a very visual, kinaesthetic learner so she would be more entertained by the use of humour, personified numbers, pictures and suchlike, but you can't have everything!
My son is really enjoying the programme and is finding it rewarding. He has only just started so I hope it will help with his Maths.
Hi I'm lucy maes mother and lucy Mae is really enjoying the maths activities. I have noticed a big improvement in her hundreds tens and units so thank you. However lucy is struggling with rounding off and I feel a visual number line when doing the questions would benefit her greatly with this. Overall I am very happy that I joined lucy up ????
I am learning more about how site works every time but at present cannot access the diagnostic tests.Perhaps someone could help with this?
it's clear and structured very well.
I have found this a very useful tool in preparation for SATS at age 11years. The extra work on screen has helped to give confidence. i would have liked the option of further work in the for of printed worksheets.
Overall well worth the cost and a good experience for the pupil. Thank You.
Nice that it doesn't require much parent intervention.
The tutorials are very clear and helpful. I would recommend them, and only wish our children could be persuaded to make better use of the site!

(The only problem I experienced was some difficulty cancelling the monthly payment when we wished to stop using the tutorials. The prcocess was not very straightforward for someone not used to this kind of thing, and resulted in having more lessons than we wanted.)

But in my opinion it is very good.
My 5yr old son is really enjoying learning maths using conquer maths and a brilliant touch is the certificate - he was thrilled with it. The thing I would suggest is that you put a voice over option on the questions at the end of the lesson as my son can't read yet. I'm not sure many just turned 5yr olds would be able to read and understand the word "submit" for example or "how many".
ConquerMaths.com is rated 4.68 based on 621 reviews