Colin Appleyard LTD Reviews

of reviewers recommend Colin Appleyard LTD
Over 7 Days
Read Colin Appleyard LTD Reviews

About Colin Appleyard LTD:

Established in 1971, Colin Appleyard is a family-style business selling new and used motorcycles and cars and associated parts, accessories and clothing. In the showrooms, on the telephone or online, we have long-serving, knowledgeable staff who understand our products and want to give the best possible service to our customers.

enquiries@colinappleyard.com

Colin Appleyard LTD 5 star review on 25th February 2021
Ceci
Colin Appleyard LTD 5 star review on 14th December 2020
Brett
I have had a number of problems with MT07, mainly due to the build quality and service provided by the dealer and Yamaha. The welding on the frame had not had the slack removed and this came off shortly after purchasing the bike, leaving bare metal. Yamaha and the dealer eventually agreed to repaint that part of the frame but unfortunately after 3 attempts could not match the paint. The right side of the frame does not match the left hand side. The second problem I occurred is corrosion, the finish on this back is the worse I have owned in over 20 years. The swingarm, mainly under the chain guard but also near the chain adjusters, bar ends, water hoses, calliper bolts have all corroded and this is after just 2500 miles and I do not ride in winter. I can accept that things can go wrong but having waited over 8 weeks for a warranty decision with me having to constantly chase them up the service the dealer and Yamaha offer is nothing short of appalling. One of the reasons given for the delay was that Yamaha only have 1 person who signs of warranty claims and was on holiday which I found unbelievable. I have now decided to sell the bike and cut my losses, first and last Yamaha I will buy. I will never use Colin Appleyards for cars or motorcycles again.
(Keighley Motorcycles) - Posted 4 years ago
Dear Mr Shackleton,

We're sorry to hear of the problems you've experienced with your MT-07. The warranty claim on the bike frame was rectified to Yamaha's satisfaction but as recompense for the inconvenience, we offered you an additional two free services which you duly accepted.

With regards to your other warranty claims, we unfortunately have to wait on a decision from Yamaha before proceeding with any work. It is out of our control and we have been chasing Yamaha up for a response on numerous occasions but to no avail. We escalated the claim on your behalf, and have finally received authorisation to proceed with the warranty repairs.

Again we apologise that it has taken so long to resolve, but unfortunately on this occasion we could do nothing more as the decision lay with the manufacturer.
Worst garage I've had the displeasure to deal with in the last few years, I've made 3 attempts to buy a new Navarra and each time the garage failed to give me a response (since ordered one from Bristol Street, who were much more attentive), the intermittent fault on the current Navarra has been reported at multiple services, and witnessed by 2 different staff, and still no attempt to fix it - Issues reported, but never any follow up action (and I know one neighbour with similar experience of CA Nissan) - I'm voting with my cheque book and going elsewhere permanently
Hi Mr Turner,

We're very sorry to hear you've had a disappointing experience at our Nissan branch. I believe Dave, our general manager has already spoken with you to go through your comments - however if there's anything further we can help with, please don't hesitate to get back in touch with us.
They carried out my car-service professionally and provided a courtesy car which was clean and comfortable. The staff are always friendly and knowledgeable.
(Keighley Suzuki) - Posted 4 years ago
Very very poor after care after buying a brand new car from here!!!! Totally let down by staff!!!!
Dear Mr Palmer,

We're very sorry you feel we haven't met your expectations with our aftersales, but we equally feel disappointed to read that you feel we've let you down. We have attempted to contact you several times by phone to talk through your review, but the calls haven't been answered.

From our records we can see you purchased a Nissan Juke from us, and have reported problems with an engine noise. We've attempted to address your concerns on several occasions by trying find the source of this noise, comparing your vehicle to numerous other Jukes with you with us on occasion. Unfortunately, the engine noise you are reporting is not a fault, it is just a characteristic of the engine as you have witnessed and is not something we can rectify.

We can also see that you've visited us on several other occasions for a puncture repair on your tyre and to sync your mobile phone via Bluetooth - both which we have done free of charge.

Again, we're sorry you feel we haven't provided a good service - but we genuinely believe we have done everything possible to address your concerns, and if you would like to speak to Tim, our service manager, he will be all too happy to go through things with you.
I wouldn't say the problem.has been sorted
(Keighley Motorcycles) - Posted 4 years ago
Hi Russell,

According to our records, your bike was in for some work back in May 2014 and we haven't heard anything from you since, so we're unaware of any problems you may still be having.

You're welcome to contact our service department, or general manager who are aware of your comment on 01535 606 311.

Many thanks.
As usual, very well taken care of by Appleyards' friendly and professional staff in Keighley. They were able to give me an appointment at short notice to look at a squeaking sound the car was making (a Jimney, 4 and a half years old; I'm very fond of it). Anyway, turned out the brakes were going rusty; all sorted within the morning at a very reasonable price.
(Keighley Suzuki) - Posted 4 years ago
Well what can I say bloody abissmal. My car was scratched I went to Appys with the idea that they would have excellent service in repairing and painting my new vehichle, only to find how very wrong I was. I was informed that my car was currently in the bake oven to set the paint has it had just been sprayed I walked round the rest of the building to find some Painter called (Pete) on his knees spraying my damaged car with 3 Aerosols and a fan heater, to me that's a funny type if Bake Oven. They charge a fortune and you get a shabby job and don't let them sell you the product where when you wash your car it always looks like new they charge £400 for this product only to discover it's £30 they buy it in for..
Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback which we of course take very seriously, however as you have not provided us with your name or car details and the email address used within the review does not appear on our records, we have been unable to trace the work you had done with us. We are therefore unable to comment on the matter at this time.

We do not have a bake oven on site at any of our branches, and it would be unlikely for our staff to suggest one for minor repairs - as they are far more costly than a smart repair.

If you would like to speak to us further and can provide some additional details we will happily look into your comments. You can contact us directly via our website: www.colinappleyard.com, or you can speak directly to our Group Aftersales manager on 01535 606 321.

Also, if you are able to let us know where you can buy a brand new G3 paint protection pack for just £30 then please do so - as this would save us a fortune!
I have used Colin Appleyard in Keighley for several years now, with no cause for complaint whatsoever. My car recently developed a minor problem which they sorted out within minutes and at minimal cost. Their service is always cheerful and efficient, and I can unconditionally recommend them.
(Keighley Suzuki) - Posted 4 years ago
The whole experience was so easy and professional. Karl the sales man was very professional and straight forward. I told him what i wanted and i got it. I love my suzuki swift.
(Huddersfield) - Posted 4 years ago
7th Purchase from Colin Appleyard, Huddersfield. Excellent and seamless service again. Salesman Karl is an asset to the organisation.
Products reliable with all mod cons.
Hope to maintain our great relationship for years to come.
(Huddersfield) - Posted 4 years ago
From start to finish the Customer Service experience was very professional and the staff very competent.
A big shout out to Dave (the Manager) who found the best deal for myself, and Andy who was friendly and very helpful. They really look after you and have made my experience an enjoyable one.
I highly recommend Colin Appleyards at keighley.
Colin Appleyard LTD 5 star review on 25th May 2016
(Keighley Nissan) - Posted 4 years ago
It's a very long story, the Nissan Note I bought from keighley branch 18 months ago, had the orange key light on all the time. When the car finally didn't start after about a year, I then found out its supposed to tell you the battery in the key needs changing. I told the service I e about this, Nd they put in new batteries in January this year. Again the key light was on straight after, I drove around with it on all the time, then Recently thought better have it looked at. They had it "cleared" by nissan. The next day it was on again ! I ranger I e, to be told it was probably ly the way I drive .? I.e. not putting clutch fully down ! How to change get gear with clutch not down ? I st in the car whilst on phone to service and did as he asked ! And still the light stayed on. I have just been out in the car about 50 min. And it was not on ! Clearly it is not how I drive ! The other problem I had was o going for at least 6 months from purchase the trim round the driver door kept coming g away. On the5thvisitatleast, it was finally fixed properly. I shall use my local garage in future for any faults I would rather pay and get the job done right. That is why you get one star from me.
Dear Mrs Dugdale,

We're very sorry to hear you've been unsatisified with the service you received from our Nissan branch. I have spoken with our Aftersales manager, who in turn has spoken to our Service manager about the problems you have had. As you are aware from the bulletin we showed you from Nissan headquarters, the light that you mentioned, illuminates on your car dashboard as a result of a particular driving style. We indicated to you, that as you drive in this particular manner with your foot resting on the clutch, that unfortunately the light will continue to come on as a result.

This is how the car is manufactured, and sadly out of our control. It was explained by our service team that there is nothing physically wrong with the vehicle and that removing your foot from the clutch when a gear change is not necessary, will stop the light from coming on. I'm sorry this wasn't of more help to you. If you would like our service team to go through this in any more detail, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.
Thank you very much for seeing to our car so quickley the other day.
(Keighley Nissan) - Posted 5 years ago
Very helpful and friendly staff. The staff at the bike repair shop are more than willing to discuss any problems and give advice. Very quick repair of motor bike. Maybe not the cheapest but certainly the best. Their high ratings for customer reviews is well deserved and reflects the level of service you can expect.

Sincere thanks.
I took possession of a Nissan Note on the 7th May 2015,the salesman delt with me in a professional manner.
When I got home I started putting my paperwork in order, there was no MOT certificate,I rang the sales person who stated he would send it on to me.
2 days later I could hear knocking under the car,to be truthful I was very disappointed as it was supposed to have been checked out before I took possession.
I rang them up again and we made arrangements for the mechanic to test the vehicle.
when I arrived I tool the mechanic for a test run,within a couple of minutes it started knocking,he said he couldn't be sure what the problem was untill he checked it out,I did make a comment as to why this problem was not found when the vehicle was checked over and serviced,he commented he did not know, I was given a courtesy car and I left.
I was rang the following day to say my car was ready, I spoke to the mechanic ref what was the problem, he started talking in a way I didn't understand,I thanked him and set of home,after approximately 6 miles my grandson told me to pull over,the passenger side mirror backing was hanging off,on checking it closely I noticed the lug which keeps it in place was broken it was perfect before I took it back to Appleyards,and the reason I say that is I have to move the mirrors in before I put it into the garage,and then pull them out again when I come back out (they were perfect). I rang them up again and spoke to Jason, I believe he was in charge of the mechanical side,I informed him the mirror was perfect prior to taking it back to appleyard,he informed me he would get one ordered,but I would have to wait until they got it sprayed eventually I got a new on.
I am now leading up to the present day,I sent Jason an email 3rd June regarding the passenger side moulding(or trim)was starting to come off and I asked if he could please replace the item mentioned, I got no reply I sent another email on the 4th June eventually he replied, said he would have to get clearance from the manager ( I'm still waiting,)
I'm sorry but I forgot to mention every time I spoke to Jason ref my Nissan,he kept on saying he knew nothing ab

out nissan it did not exactly put confidence with the company I bought my vehicle from.I got my vehicle from the dealers at Shipley
I appologise for the long drawn out email. I would appreciate a reply.
Telephone 07954699597
This company cannot be bettered for friendly service and expert advice whether it's over the phone or in person. The 4 and 5 star reviews are, in my opinion and experience, a true reflection of this company.
Martin was very professional both in his knowledge of the vehicles and his attitude to us as customers. We also appreciated his 'no-pressure' approach.
i bought a 59 reg grand vitara from the shipley branch i owned the car for eight weeks and in that time only used it for two weeks in that time the car went into limp mode three times had more red and yellow lights on the dash than the starship enterprize having taken it back several times and having four curtasy cars i was told i was not doing enough mileage in it that was why the car was faulting every few days what a load of bull having complained at both shipley and head office they then got me another car the sx4 much smaller and not what i wanted but felt i was forced into it i was told that was it on collecting my replacment car i was given a black bin liner with the contents of my vitara dumped in it at the time i still owned the vitara car theves would of done a better job money was missing as were several more items i was treated very bad by this dealership and found myself worse of having lost alot of money in changing my car again
where is the vitara now on there forcourt not fixed ready to rip someone else off this car was not right when i bought it that is why the last owner part exchanged it i now know he told me
DO NOT BUY FROM THEM DO NOT USE THEM THEY WILL ROB YOU BLIND
Dear Mr Heaton,

We're deeply sorry you feel you have had a poor experience here at Colin Appleyard, and as with all complaints, we do take them seriously and investigate further into the matter to ensure these problems do not arise in future.

We have looked into your complaint and spoken to our Group Aftersales Manager along with the Sales and Service Managers of our Shipley site (who we believe you dealt with on several occasions). We have been given their account of the situation you faced with the Grand Vitara and believe that you were advised prior to your purchase that this vehicle may not be suited to your requirements due to the short, low speed journeys you carry out. The issue you refer to (clogging up of the DPF filter – please refer to footnotes below*) has arisen due to these short journeys and not as a result of a fault with this individual vehicle. Despite this, we did spend a number of hours working on the vehicle and over £1,000 in parts to ensure all other possible faults could be ruled out whilst providing you with a replacement vehicle to use. When you were still unhappy, we proceeded to source an alternative vehicle of your choice from another dealer as we did not have one in stock at that time.

With regards to your comment relating to missing items, this is obviously a very serious allegation and one we do not take lightly. We have been assured that all items present in the Grand Vitara were given back to you. The car has since been valeted and checked with no further items being located.

We understand that you feel you have had a bad experience however we do believe we have provided a suitable resolution ensuring you were kept in a vehicle and on the road at all times. Should you feel you need to take the matter further you can of course contact us directly to make an official complaint. Alternatively you can contact the West Yorkshire Trading Standards Motor Trade Partnership, of which we are approved members.

Kind Regards,
Colin Appleyard Ltd

* The following is a quote from Parkers, on their review of the Grand Vitara – which is publically available to view on their website: “The 1.9-litre diesel engine, which is sourced from Renault, is prone to suffering faults with its diesel particulate filter (DPF) - which clogs up when the car is only driven at low speeds and on short trips. These problems aren't unique to this model and engine, however, and owners should only have to take the car out on a few fast drives in order to keep the DPF unblocked.” The Grand Vitara manual, which you will have received when you purchased the car also states that if the DPF warning light appears, to drive the vehicle at 47mph+ for 30mins to clear it.
I was looking at a car in Motors UK and saw the Subaru at the dealer in Huddersfield. I contacted the dealer and rather than me having to travel from Lincoln to their showroom, they brought the car to me, I had a test drive, was treated with courtesy and respect (unlike Quicks in Hull). I bought the car and found the experience entirely pleasant.
Staff excellent. Best service we have received from a car dealer.

Matthew was excellent to deal with. Professional, courteous and a pleasure to do business with.

Flowers nice touch when coming to collect car!

Would definitely recommend you to a friend - and we will definitely bring our business back
(Keighley Suzuki) - Posted 6 years ago