Colin Appleyard LTD Reviews

of reviewers recommend Colin Appleyard LTD
Over 7 Days
Read Colin Appleyard LTD Reviews

About Colin Appleyard LTD:

Established in 1971, Colin Appleyard is a family-style business selling new and used motorcycles and cars and associated parts, accessories and clothing. In the showrooms, on the telephone or online, we have long-serving, knowledgeable staff who understand our products and want to give the best possible service to our customers.

enquiries@colinappleyard.com

Andy Wakeman
Colin Appleyard LTD 5 star review on 8th March 2020
Chris
Allan, Keighley.
Seeking to change my car I called in at Cornmill Garage in Keighley. Spoke to Daniel, and took a Suzuki Swift SZ3 for a test drive. Liked it. Exactly one week later I collected my new Swift.
In 55 years of car ownership, this is the best dealership I have ever dealt with by far - and the quickest turnaround.. No pressure, a fair part exchange allowance, and excellent service and courtesy from Daniel - plus a complimentary bottle of wine! (Never had that before!) Based on my experience at Colin Appleyard, Keighley, I have no hesitation in recommending this dealershop.
(Keighley Suzuki) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Allan, Good to hear back from you and thanks very much for the glowing review. We're so pleased to hear how satisfied you were with the service that you received from Dan at our Keighley dealership and we will forward you kind words on. Thanks again Allan we really appreciate your feedback and wish you many miles of safe motoring in your New Suzuki Swift. Enjoy the wine and we look forward to providing you with the same great service in the future.
No problem at all buying a new car with the help of Christian. Everything went smoothly and completely satisfied.
(Huddersfield) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Anthony, Good to hear back from you and thanks very much for sharing your thoughts with us. We're delighted to hear how smoothly everything went and also that you were happy with the service that you received from Christian. Thanks again for your review Anthony and we hope you enjoy many miles of safe and enjoyable motoring in your New Suzuki Ignis.
Excellent service
Hi, Thanks for the great review, we really appreciate it.
My experience was stress free and the service was excellent.
I dealt with Steve Brook and Steve Bagnall who were both extremely helpful, efficient and a pleasure to be dealing with. They knew my situation on needing a car ASAP and within a week it was ready to pick up it. Thanks Steve and Steve!
(Huddersfield) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Hope, Great to hear back from you and many thanks for the glowing review. We're delighted to hear how pleased you were with the service that you received from both our Steve's at Huddersfield and we will forward your kind words onto them. We would like to wish you many miles of safe and enjoyable motoring in your New Suzuki Swift Hope and thank you for choosing Colin Appleyard.
From taking a test drive to actually purchasing my new car & driving away, everything was completely stress free & explained fully at every stage.
All staff were extremely helpful & due to Covid, the show room felt completely safe & staff were all compliant with safety rules etc.
Many thanks to Christian for all his help & advice
(Huddersfield) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Peter, Great to hear back from you and thanks very much for taking the time to send us your feedback. We're delighted to hear how pleased you were with the service that you received from Christian. Thanks again Peter, we appreciate your support and very much value your business. Enjoy your New Suzuki Ignis.
Excellent standard of customer service - they set the bar so high.
(Ashton-under-Lyne) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Paul, Thanks very much for the great feedback. We're delighted to hear that you received an excellent standard of customer service from the team at our Ashton dealership. As a company we pride ourselves on providing great customer service and it's nice to hear you have experienced this. Thanks again Paul for your review, we really appreciate your support.
MOT service booked months in advance, arrived from Blackpool first at dealership before 0800. Even though no problems, didn t leave till nearly 1400 hrs. obliviously lost / didn t record booking !
Car not cleaned, at all either. Very poor service for a main dealer! On topof that found scrape on front left wing of my Vitara which wasn t there. Big drop in standard to previous service. Cannot recommend , would not return to Ashton u lyne branch.
Great service as always from the salesman Matthew . My Husband and I both have Suzuki models . If the Celerio was still available I would definitely have bought a new one as I find Colin Appleyard excellent for sales ,aftersales and service - lovely people to deal with.
(Keighley Suzuki) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Tina, Thank you very much for the great review. We're very pleased to hear how satisfied you are with the service that you have received from us and we will forward your kind words on. Thanks again Tine, we really appreciate your support.
My first ever purchase of a new car and it couldn't of been simpler or stress free.

Thankyou Christian for all your help.
(Huddersfield) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Adam, Good to hear back from you and many thanks for taking the time to send us your feedback. We're delighted to hear how simple and stress free you found it buying your New Suzuki Swift from us and we will forward your kind words onto Christian. All the best Adam and thank you for choosing Colin Appleyard.
Very happy. For a customer who dreads buying cars, this was an extremely positive experience. Thank you.
(Huddersfield) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi, Thank you for leaving us a 5 star review. It's great for us to hear how positive you found the buying of you New Suzuki Swift to be and we will let Christian at our Huddersfield dealership know how happy you are. We wish you well with your new purchase and would like to thank you for choosing Colin Appleyard.
We recently bought a Nissan Juke and can say that the whole experience was excellent.
Ashley Pates the sales guy, was friendly and efficient. We got a great deal and he kindly arranged delivery of the vehicle to our home.
The car is excellent, very well put together and full of the latest driving tech and safety features, it drives like a dream and looks great too!
Thanks again Colin Appleyard!
(Keighley Nissan) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Phil, Many thanks for taking the time to send us your feedback. We're delighted to hear how pleased you are with your New Nissan Juke and also the service that you received from Ash. Here's wishing you many miles of safe and enjoyable motoring and thanks very much for choosing Colin Appleyard.
Concidering it has been 13 years since i last bought a car i was a little nervous but after talking to my sales rep for the first time (Ian Chittenden) on the phone i felt relaxed and confident that i was going to get a fair deal, which i did.
Thankyou to Colin Appleyards Team.
Gerald Bell.
(Bradford) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Mr Bell, Good to hear from you and thanks very much for the positive review. It's great for us to hear how relaxed and confident Ian made you feel and we will be sure to let him know. Thanks again Mr Bell and we very much hope you enjoy your Suzuki Ignis.
I liked both The salesman Mathew and the Sales manager
Richard. They both treat me with respect and on both sides
We were transparent with each other.
I do not like Garages where you feel under pressure during
Negotiations. The car I was offered was a good deal but
Stretched my finances above and beyond.
Hi Howard, Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback and leave us a 5 star review. It's great for us to hear how satisfied you were with the service that you received from us and whilst on this occasion we didn't reach a deal we thank you for visiting our showroom and hope you would consider us in the future. Thanks again Howard, we really appreciate your feedback.
I recently purchased a Leaf and overall the personal service was good though more time could have been spent on actual delivery including a quick resume of all the featrues.
(Keighley Nissan) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback and we hope that you are enjoying your New Nissan Leaf. We do pride ourselves on the levels of customer service we provide and your comments have been taken on board & raised with the Manager of the dealership. If there is anything further that we can help or advise you with then please feel free to contact us and we will be more than happy to help. You can contact us at https://www.colinappleyard.com/company/feedback
Excellent Service throughout. I am well pleased
Hi, Many thanks for the 5 star review. It's great to hear how pleased you are and that you received excellent service throughout from us. Thanks again, we really appreciate your support.
Not happy my key fob for central locking stopped working fitted new battery told it would need reprogramming at a cost of £45 the car is less than 3 years old surely this would be covered under warranty.
Hi, We are sorry to see that on this occasion you have only been able to leave us a 3 star review. Having looked into this we believe the confusion may have come about during a conversation prior to the work where our service advisor made you aware that there could be a possible charge depending on the outcome of the investigation into the fault you reported. We're glad to say this wasn't the case and and can confirm that we do have your vehicle booked in to have the work carried out free of charge under warranty.
People very down to earth and helpful, the Jimny is fantastic, 100% happy with this great car.
(Huddersfield) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Phil, Good to hear back from you and thanks very much for leaving us a 5 star review. It's great to hear how happy you are with your New Suzuki Jimny and also that you were well looked after by Steve and the team at our Huddersfield dealership. We wish you many miles of safe and enjoyable motoring Phil in your New Jimny and thank you for choosing Colin Appleyard.
My motorcycle developed a fault. Exhaust Valve Actuator, believed to be seized open. Booked in for this to be fixed along with a 7500 mile service on 30th of June and picked up on the 1st of July.

Picking up the bike I was informed that you didn't have the diagnostic device to remove the code, (bearing in mind this is a Suzuki main dealer and my motorcycle is a Suzuki) I was told you would place one on order and to pop back in to have it removed. I paid £403.88 for this service and apparent repair.

After multiple emails and phone calls, 2 months later I was informed I could bring the bike in at my next available opportunity.

Today(18/09) I brought the bike in. You attempted to remove the code but the fault code remained.

This brings me onto this review with these points.

- You clearly didn't check or investigate why my Exhaust Valve
Actuator had failed on the 30th of June, which is the main
reason I brought the bike in.

- I was charged extra labour for this "repair" on top of the 7500 mile service(which is essentially an inspect, tighten and oil/filter service).

- Why would you attempt to remove a code for a problem you haven't fixed?

Incompetent and disappointing.
Hi James, Firstly, we’re sorry to read that you are unhappy with the service you received from us. Having spoken with Kevin our branch manager Kevin has tried to call you and left a voicemail asking for you to give him a call to discuss. We appreciate that having to wait for the diagnostic unit from Suzuki was a frustration and we have to agree took way too long, but sadly this was out of our control, that said service should have kept you better informed. We’d like to clarify the fault code issue, the diagnostic unit will only clear a fault if it doesn’t require new parts, and unfortunately in your case the bike requires parts hence the diagnostic unit not clearing the fault code. We can also confirm that you weren’t charged an extra hour for the fault being checked/looked at, you were charged the correct time and amount for the service due. Malcolm in our service department offered a cheaper resolve to the exhaust valve actuator using none genuine parts to which he’s was under the impression he was waiting for you to confirm. We hope we can be of service to you in the future and if you do have any further concerns that you wish to raise, or further feedback, this can be submitted via our website https://www.colinappleyard.com/company/feedback
Super staff, very friendly and efficient. A real pleasure to buy cars off - everything ran completely seamlessly. Highly recommend!
(Bradford) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi All, Good to hear back from you and many thanks for the glowing review. We're delighted to hear how satisfied you are with the all round service that you received from Matthew and the team at our Bradford dealership and we will forward your kind words on. We hope you enjoy the New Suzuki Ignis and thanks for once again choosing Colin Appleyard.
Efficient, friendly and polite staff throughout. Everything carried out as requested. Thank you so much
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We're very pleased to hear how efficient, friendly and polite you found our staff and that all was carried out as requested. As a company we pride ourselves on providing great customer service and it's nice to hear you have experienced this. Thanks again, we appreciate your support.
Colin Appleyard LTD is rated 4.65 based on 1,325 reviews