Colin Appleyard LTD Reviews

of reviewers recommend Colin Appleyard LTD
Over 7 Days
Read Colin Appleyard LTD Reviews

About Colin Appleyard LTD:

Established in 1971, Colin Appleyard is a family-style business selling new and used motorcycles and cars and associated parts, accessories and clothing. In the showrooms, on the telephone or online, we have long-serving, knowledgeable staff who understand our products and want to give the best possible service to our customers.

enquiries@colinappleyard.com

DAVID BUXTON
Colin Appleyard LTD 5 star review on 17th June 2020
Nigel simpson
John Shields
Disappointed with service this time. I needed a new battery in the spare key, was charged for one but it did not work. Staff knew it did not work when they returned the car. Went back to the garage this morning and was told it was a dud one. Car was not valeted at all. Not your usual standard.
Hi,

We sincerely apologise for the low level of service you received.

We believe you’ve now spoken to our service manager and are happy with the resolution you came to with him.

Once again, we apologise and if you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to get back in touch.
I was informed on the phone prior to booking that minor service & mot would take 2-4 hrs. If I brought car in for 8:30, they would try & have it fine for closer to 2 hr mark. When I turned up, lady behind counter questioned I was waiting as not Aline could be 2-4 hrs. I explained not been told that on phone, I live 20 miles away with limited transport links had to get train back &retirn. Communication poor
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, and we apologise for any miscommunication on our part. We take all complaints seriously and will look into this further and be back in touch.
""I purchased a Suzuki GSXR 750 motor bike from your Keighley branch about a month ago Reg number GF60VXB. On my first ride out the handle bar grip nearly came off and the bar end was missing. I checked the bike over when I received it so I missed it or it fell off when I road it the day I received it. I spoke with the sales man for two days about this and finally I turned up at your shop and we took one out of a similar bike. While at your shop I spoke to your team about this matter and its severity and was dismissed and told it happens. The bar end should not have come off and the grip should be glued on. If I had crashed because the grip had come off, the day I get the bike things could be a bit different now but your team were not interested. The clutch lever had too much cable slack and the throttle had excessive play too and the front brake was stiff and felt like the pads had glazed over giving little feel. I mentioned this and was told they had been looked at and all was as it should be. I know you have trained mechanics, but I have road raced and raced motocross for years since I was 10 years old now 50 and I know how a bike should feel, so after the bar end and grip problem I think you were just having me on and you never looked what I asked you to. Sorry but you asked for feedback and I have given you it, thanks Mr Burnett any problems Tel 07906273792 or email mick.burnett20@gmail.com
(Keighley Motorcycles) - Posted 3 years ago
Hi Michael,

Thank you for your feedback and we apologise for the problems you encountered with your bike.

The staff at our Keighley bikes branch have been informed and we’ll look into this further and come back to you in due course.
The loan car wasn't ready for collection despite ordering several weeks beforehand. When one was found it didn't have any fuel in. I made a list of several things I had problems with over the year but when I collected the car I was told that the problems I'd identified were not problems. US driven the car for a year so I felt I was in a good posistion to note any issues
(Keighley Nissan) - Posted 3 years ago
This would have been an excellent review but I am so disappointed. My car went in for it's 2 year service and all went smoothly. Dropped my car off, picked up the hire car(almost empty tank) returned the following day, paid and off I went. It was then that I read the receipt where I found I had been charged £2.50 for screen wash which is rather weird as I had filled the bottle myself the day before it went in, so unless they had drained my Shell All Weather screen wash and refilled with theirs then it begs the question what else have I been charged for that hasn't been done! I know £2.50 isn't a lot of money but it's the principle.
(Ashton-under-Lyne) - Posted 4 years ago
Overall good, the first bloke I delt with Simon was a top bloke, how ever after him had a few issues. I was promised a bottle of wine with my car which I never got, but that's nothing really. I was promised a full tank of fuel which I did not get. But the main issue was i was contacted by the dvla saying that I was not the keeper for my Nissan after a few weeks of buying it. And another was the tax refund for said Nissan. Basically someone in the office had fluffed up moving my private reg.
They have stated that some from the garage has filled something out wrong and I am not the keeper at the min and it is not taxed.
Which means me and my son have been driving around in something that is not insured as I was not the keeper not taxes and it was displaying the wrong plates.
Made things worse ca knew about this and did not tell me.
(Huddersfield) - Posted 4 years ago
Hi Richard,

I believe you've spoken to a few members of our team on the issues you've raised in your review, and I'm told that you're happy that everything has now been rectified.

Once again, we can only apologise for the mixup with the DVLA. If there is anything else we can help with, or if you have any further queries - don't hesitate to get back in touch.
Generally our experience was good at Huddersfield however we feel let down by discovering that they had MOT'd the car 3 months earlier than required after saying they would contact us when it needed doing. The promised follow up call was not received and we suspect that the mpg reading on the car may have been achieved on a rolling road and not the open highway.
(Huddersfield) - Posted 4 years ago
Hi Trish,

I'm sorry your experience at Colin Appleyard didn't meet your expectations. We take all comments & criticisms seriously, so I have passed your message on to our Sales Manager at Huddersfield who will give you a call in due course. We believe the sales person who dealt with you and your Suzuki Splash didn't explain the situation with the MOT clearly as we were trying to save you a trip back in 3 months time to MOT it, so Ali will call you to go through that

With regards to the vehicle MPG, this is something stated by Suzuki and as such, we have no control over I'm afraid. Suzuki state on their website & marketing materials that "Fuel consumption figures are based on an EU test for comparative purposes only and may not reflect the real driving results". Weather conditions, driving style, journey type etc. are all factors that affect MPG, which is why they state that the figure is for comparative purposes only.

Again, I can only apologise for us having not met your expectations with your vehicle purchase. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.
just had my service and 'free' MOT. I paid £9.14 for my free MOT?
I haven't taken advantage of the weekly wash and vac service I'm entitled to (being a service plan customer) before this service, so a little disappointed my boot hadn't been vacuumed.
Nice friendly staff, but they should know the price of a tyre? And when I'm rung to say the car is ready to collect they should know how much my bill will be?
(Keighley Suzuki) - Posted 4 years ago
Dear Mrs Horn,

I believe Colin, our service advisor, has spoken to you already to go through your comments here. You were not charged for the MOT and we're sorry about any confusion this may have caused, it is just the way it is displayed on the invoice because of the VAT element. We apologise that your boot hadn't been vacuumed - but Colin has assured me that we will valet your car the next time you're in the area, and if you give him a call the day before he will arrange that for you. I hope this helps, and if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to get back in touch.
Colin Appleyard LTD is rated 4.65 based on 1,360 reviews