Colin Appleyard LTD Reviews

of reviewers recommend Colin Appleyard LTD
Over 7 Days
Read Colin Appleyard LTD Reviews

About Colin Appleyard LTD:

Established in 1971, Colin Appleyard is a family-style business selling new and used motorcycles and cars and associated parts, accessories and clothing. In the showrooms, on the telephone or online, we have long-serving, knowledgeable staff who understand our products and want to give the best possible service to our customers.

enquiries@colinappleyard.com

Colin Appleyard LTD 5 star review on 25th February 2021
Ceci
Colin Appleyard LTD 5 star review on 14th December 2020
Brett
An OAP Speaking!! Been with Appleyards for years, and never let down all their Colleagues,and i mean ALL are Brilliant,helpful,a delight to know and a pleasure to work with, whether it is Reception,Servicing,Guys behind the front desk and in the Workshop and washing Bay. I don,t do F/Book,Twitter ,Instagram etc,etc, Regards,Mike T.
Hi, Many thanks for taking the time to share your kind words with us. It's very rewarding for us to hear how satisfied you have been with the service that you have received from all our staff. As a company we pride ourselves on providing great customer service and it's nice to hear you have experienced this. Thanks again, we appreciate your support and very much value your loyalty.
I have just bought a Goldwing trike from Colin Appleyards in Keighley and as a disabled rider, needed this adapted before delivery. The whole process has been excellent (even allowing for Covid throwing a spanner in the works). Mikey was been great in steering me through the process and keeping me updated. Gary made a brilliant job of adapting the trike for me including designing and building a fantastic system to carry my wheelchair. He also made a great job of altering the brakes and gear change to hand controls! I would certainly recommend them to other riders (including those with a disability). Excellent service from a friendly efficient team.
Colin Appleyard LTD 5 star review on 13th June 2020 Colin Appleyard LTD 5 star review on 13th June 2020 Colin Appleyard LTD 5 star review on 13th June 2020
Very many thanks to Tracy and Jason at Bradford.I had to ring the garage to cancel my MOT and service on Wedsdue to illness and just out of hospital.With no hesitation Tracey said my car would be collected and returned.It was returned as promised washed and hovered later in the day by two super guys. A lovely firm reflected by its staff.
(Bradford) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi, Thanks very much for taking the time to send us your feedback and leave such a glowing review. As a company we pride ourselves on providing great customer service and it's nice to hear you have experienced this. Thanks again for your review, take care and we wish you well with your recovery.
Ian in the Bradford branch was extremely helpful when I came in to look at one of your vehicles. I have felt happy from start to finish and I love my new car 😁 a much better experience than when I went to Arnold Clark!! I would recommend yourselves 100%
Colin Appleyard LTD 5 star review on 7th February 2020
(Bradford) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi Nadine, Many thanks for taking the time to send us you feedback. We're delighted to hear how happy you are with your Peugeot 308 and also the service that you received from Ian. As a company we pride ourselves on providing great customer service and it's nice to hear you have experienced this. Enjoy your Peugeot 308 Nadine and thanks very much for choosing and recommending Colin Appleyard.
Bought my new Ignis early March this year and the whole experience was excellent. Love the car very much, its just what I needed. The customer service from Simon and the team in Huddersfield was excellent. Everything about the sale and car was explained very well and made the whole process quite easy. Well done Huddersfield
(Huddersfield) - Posted 2 years ago
Hello Lynne, Thank you very much for leaving a 5 star review. It's great for us to hear how much you love your New Suzuki Ignis and also that you received excellent customer service from Simon and The Team at our Huddersfield Dealership. Thanks again Lynne, We really do appreciate your feedback.
Great to do business with the folks at the Ashton branch and especially Dean Harrison with his help with my new Motabilty Vitara, plain sailing all the way.
(Ashton-under-Lyne) - Posted 2 years ago
Hello Mr Price, Thank you very much for the great review. We're really pleased to hear how well you were looked after by the team at our Ashton dealership. Thanks again, We appreciate your feedback and very much hope you enjoy your New Suzuki Vitara.
After dealing with Keighly branch I would strongly reccomend AVOIDING Colin Appleyard. The manager is undeniably rude and has no respect for his customers. A deposit was placed on a nissan note under agreement with staff that the car would be moved to a closer neighbouring franchise to be test driven before completing purchase. After over a week, a call from the manager was received stating they want insurance and tax taken out for them to move the car as the purchase had already been made. When expressed that the purchase was not yet complete and the car needs to be test driven first as agreed with the staff, the manager abruptly stated the staff wouldn't of said that and refused to send the car for a test drive before the purchase was complete. The Manager wanted to complete the purchase before test drive and when it was expressed a test drive was needed, the manager refused to sell the vehicle full stop. Absolutely appalling and shady customer service!! Previous Toyota, Honda and Skoda experience has always been fantastic. But Nissan! Avoid! Avoid! Avoid! Or at the VERY least, avoid dealing with this branch.
Easy to deal with, friendly and approachable.
(Huddersfield) - Posted 2 years ago
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. As a company we pride ourselves on providing great customer service and it's nice to hear you have experienced this.
Went in for winter health check. Invoice stated that courtesy wash and vac had been carried out. I could find no evidence of this as car was washed and waxed immediately prior to going for health check and was splattered with dirt on return to me which, I assume, was due to being taken on a test drive. Dirt on floor inside vehicle indicated it hadn't be vacuumed at all.
(Keighley Nissan) - Posted 2 years ago
Hello Michael, Apologies, but we are unable to find any details of your visit to our dealership on our systems. If you can provide us with further information will certainly look into this for you. You can contact us at www.colinappleyard.com
Generally very happy with the service provided at Huddersfield but I had my annual service & MOT last week and mentioned that both registration bulbs were out... the warning light on the dash was on... I collected the car but when the auto lights came on at dusk ..guess what so did the warning light... it means I now have to make a trip into town to get them replaced... not a big deal but one I shouldn't have to do
(Huddersfield) - Posted 2 years ago
Hello Stuart, We are very sorry to hear this. If you contact Darren (Service Manager) at our Huddersfield Dealership 01484 514954 he will happily arrange for us to collect your vehicle and leave a courtesy car with you whilst we rectify this. Alternatively you can contact us at www.colinappleyard.com and we will arrange this for you. Apologies once again Stuart for the inconvenience that this has caused.
Good service, knowledgeable and friendly staff.
(Keighley Nissan) - Posted 2 years ago
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. As a company we pride ourselves on providing great customer service and it's nice to hear you have experienced this, Thanks again.
Very happy
(Keighley Nissan) - Posted 2 years ago
Hello Simon, Thanks for posting a 5 star review. We really do appreciate it!
I took my nissan X trail for a minor service as part of the nissan care4 package to the Keighley branch.As someone who usually does regular servicing on my own cars I was rather annoyed to get home after picking the car up to pull out my dipstick to find black oil...not clear....I drained the engine oil to find the oil hadn't been changed at all..over the weekend I changed the oil myself and ran the car for over 50 miles..checked the oil....all clear oil.so Monday I returned to the garage with the evidence in a container to show the gentleman on the service desk..at which point I said does this look like the oil from a newly serviced car to which he said ...yes ..so when nissan Chorley serviced my car the oil was crystal clear for months..Colin appleyard do it and it's as black as when I took it in..and if I had of been paying this would have cost me £219.00 for the pleasure The service manager wasn't back till wedsnday but was told he would contact me on his return.. wedsnday nights here..has he rung...no . absolutely disgusted with the service from this garage.. unfortunately for them I look after my car and do not trust main dealers .to which once again I've been proved right
Having spoken to our Nissan dealership and some of our other service personnel, we have been able to establish that this is a common occurrence with diesel engines. All of our Technicians are factory trained and committed to ensuring work is carried out fully. Our Service Manager also has many years of experience in the motor trade, in particular with the Nissan brand and has tried his best to explain everything to you. We are sorry you felt the need to post this review however we are confident that on this occasion our staff have carried out the work as per your request and as stated in Nissan's servicing schedule.
"Metallurgical analysis of a large number of failed wheeled studs have revealed that all had failed from fatigue rather than overtightening." Yet you charged me £60 for a wheel stud failure because you claimed that I, a 57 yo female, using no more than a wheel brace, could overtighten a bolt sufficiently that I could shear it off using the same wheel brace. Shame on you.
(Huddersfield) - Posted 2 years ago
We are very sorry to see you have left a 1 star review and to hear that you were disappointed with the service you received. Following your comments we have discussed the matter with our Huddersfield dealership who have advised that despite the vehicle in question having a full service history with us, winter tyres were fitted elsewhere. Whilst it is their opinion that the wheel studs may have been over tightened causing the stud to break, they are in no way insinuating that this was done by you. We would like to apologise if there was any confusion in the way this message was communicated to you.
Karl was easy to talk too and handled our purchase very well answering all our questions in easy to understand language very happy with our car
(Huddersfield) - Posted 2 years ago
Hello Maureen - Thank you very much for leaving a 5 star review. We're very happy to hear you're enjoying your new Suzuki Swift, and that you were well looked after by our salesman Karl. Many thanks
the manager of the keithley motorcyle branch needs sacking he is a disgrace and very unprofessional, because of his actions when i purchased my new motorcycle a month ago i will NEVER buy from there again nor will i recommend it to anyone. the only reason i have been back since is for the 500mile service witch was a rip off at £160 for oil and filter change.
(Keighley Motorcycles) - Posted 2 years ago
Hi Peter. We are sorry to see you have given us a 1 star review and as such have looked into your comments further. From the information we have been given it would seem you were unhappy with the original valuation we had given for your part-exchange however after further discussions with the Sales Manager this was resolved and you went on to purchase the motorcycle you were interested in. In reference to the cost of the 1st service, again we have looked into this and can confirm the charge is correct and applies to all new bikes. Historically the labour cost of the 600 miles service was covered by the selling dealer however this changed a few years back. We do explain this as part of our handover process when a new bike is collected and an information sheet is included with the pack you receive with your new motorcycle which also explains. We are sorry you do not feel completely satisfied with the service you received from us. Should you wish to make any further comment, we would invite you to address this via email to c.bond@colinappleyard.com
Hi Peter. It was good to see you back in the dealership a few days ago having a service carried out on the bike you purchased from us a few months back. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Picked up my new Bike today , dealt with Mikey Hannon , top bloke great to deal with , would recommend to anyone looking for a new/used bike. 1st class service
(Keighley Motorcycles) - Posted 3 years ago
Hi Graham, It's great to hear from you! We're very pleased to hear you received first class service from our salesman, Mikey, and thank you for leaving a 5 star review and your recommendation!
Efficient service
(Keighley Nissan) - Posted 3 years ago
Hi, Thank you for leaving a 5 star review! It really is appreciated. It's great to hear you received efficient service.
Following excellent sales experience felt let down by poor communication with service department when we booked car in for some investigation. Car was not ready when we were told it was leading to an unnecessary delay. The service manager accepted and apologised but this is not first time I've had problems which haven't been representative of the normal levels of excellent service and customer care we have come to expect and receive at the branch. I am taking manager to his word and genuinely hope that these were isolated incidents.
(Keighley Nissan) - Posted 3 years ago
Hi Phil, We’d like to apologise again for the unusually low level of service you received. I believe you’ve already spoken with our service manager who has given you reassurances that this will not happen again as we greatly value your custom. Thank you for your understanding and for bringing this to our attention. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Sincere thanks for repairing and rebuilding my Kawasaki bike. Because of the work Appleyard's had done on it before, I knew it would be good, but not that good. It's fantastic! Nothing was overlooked or substituted and it was returned to me in mint condition, as promised. These guys know what the're doing for sure. Many thanks to Malcolm and engineers who put me back on the road.
(Keighley Motorcycles) - Posted 3 years ago
Hi Pip, We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a 5 star review. Thank you very much! We're very pleased to hear you received fantastic service and that you're very happy with your bike. We will make sure to pass your comments to Malcolm and the rest of the staff. Many thanks.
Colin Appleyard LTD is rated 4.68 based on 1,609 reviews