Code Camp Reviews

of reviewers recommend Code Camp

Tell us how Code Camp made you happy
My son Elliott had the best time at Code Camp. He has ASD and sometimes finds it hard to settle in to new situations; however at Code Camp he immediately felt at home. From his amazingly warm and enthusiastic welcome from the team to every day he explained as ‘flying by’, he honestly told me he enjoyed every single second and learned a lot. Code Camp was extremely well organised and inclusive, my son thoroughly enjoyed himself and already has stressed to me it’s very important he returns in the summer! Thanks a million Team!
Hi Sally,

WOW! What a wonderful review from you and your son! We're delighted he had a great experience and very keen to see him again in the Summer.

Thanks for the kind words :)
My son had a wonderful 3 days at Code Camp. Like many kids of his age, he has a keen interest in games so to have the opportunity to build his own and learn how, was an incredible experience for him. I popped in to the room a few times to see how he was getting on and what stood out was how passionate the teachers were and this made the environment relaxed, fun but also made learning more interesting for all of the children. He has been so proud of his hard work and has taken great delight in showcasing his achievements to friends and family.
It was also a great opportunity for my son to mix with a diverse mix of children and like many others over the three days, he made lots of new friends too.
I highly recommend Code Camp and will certainly look to sign him up again when the chance arises.
Hi Brad,

We're so pleased to hear your son had a great experience at camp! I'm glad you got to see our amazing teachers in action, we think they are pretty awesome as well :)

Thanks for taking the time to review Code Camp, it really means a lot to us! We hope to see your son taking on the next level at Code Camp in the future.
Fantastic course, professionally run and with a friendly/knowledgeable team who connected brilliantly with the kids. They made something that can be difficult enjoyable.
Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the kind words! We'll be sure to pass them on to our awesome teachers who work hard to make Code Camp a blast for the kids :)
My daughter went to Code Camp knowing not very much at all about coding, or had any clue about how games are constructed. She took to it as if she had been coding all her life! The teaching by the young team was amazing, she learned a new skill, made some new pals, had a lot of fun and gained a huge amount of confidence. It's great to give kids this kind of exposure to a new skill outside of school, where it feels less like learning and more like holiday club - can't recommend the course enough.
Hi Sandra,

Thank you so much for the lovely review. Feedback like this makes us so excited to keep doing what we do! We hope to see you and your daughter next school holidays for even more coding :)
I have to say that when I told my 12 year old daughter she was going to Code Camp she was not best pleased and felt it was extra work on her school holiday. After Day 1 her opinion had changed and I asked her to rank her experience out of 10 (6 she said). On Day 2 it had risen to 9.5 and by Day 3 it was 10/10.
At the end of Day 3 as we were about to leave she was in tears at the thought that she was finishing and that she wouldn't see her fellow Code Campers again (one particular girl was like a sister to her and the staff noticed it too). She was very excited about the game she created and has shared it with friends and family. I would definitely recommend Code Camp to others and my daughter will be interested in attending another event in the future.
Hi Simon,

Thank you so much for the kind words! We're pretty chuffed that your daughter has rated us 10/10, after all, they are our most important customers :)

We can't wait to see you and your daughter next time.
My son absolutely loved his first Code Camp! He was so eager to show us what he had learnt each day! Well organised, loved the T-shirt/Cap and the Medal of acknowledgment at the end of the 3 days! We've already booked for the next one!
Hi Katherine,

Thanks for the review! We're glad your son was keen to share his achievements with you, and hope he's still rocking his Code Camp merch!
My two children (boy Cormac age 9, girl Isobel 11) attended the Rydes Hill School camp in the Christmas holidays 2018 (3 days). Absolutely loved it and I have recommended you to the Head of IT and Head master at my son's school (Aldro). I really hope that you hear from them as I haven't heard further as quite a few parents there expressed an interest....many thanks and please let me know if you are holding any other camps in the Guildford area (as Weybridge and Cobham are too far for me to get to and work really!) Thanks.
My daughter (age 9) attended in Jan 2018 and absolutely loved it, it's now her new favourite holiday camp! She didn't know any other children there, but after the kids days she had made some new friends and very keen to go back to the next camp!
Hi Dan,

Wow! We're very excited to be your daughters new favourite holiday camp (blushing)!

Thanks for leaving us a review, see you next school holidays :)
My son loves Code Camp - he has attended three times and really enjoys it. The quality of teaching is excellent and there are plenty of breaks and time away from the screens. Highly recommended!
Hi Zoe,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review. We're so glad your son enjoyed Code Camp enough to come back 3 times, sounds like he is well on the way to becoming a coding superstar!

We hope to see you both again at a future camp :)
I’m giving this a 4 due to my child’s overall enjoyment - they loved the camp and would very happily return.

However, we had a couple of niggles which made me not entirely confident about the camp as a parent. First of all I found it very difficult to speak to the provider before booking. When I dropped off and picked up none of the staff were wearing name badges and didn’t introduce themselves by name either. This meant I didn’t feel I had a contact to discuss any issues with.

On the final day all the children were brought out to the car park to be collected at 3.30 pm despite the fact that pick up is scheduled to run up to 4.30. It was a rainy day and I don’t think that’s a great experience for kids that might be left waiting until 4.30 pm outside in February! At this age (7+) I would expect them to stay in the base room with activities until collected, with that service offered until 4.30 pm, because the parents have paid for care up to that time.

I appreciate that the camp is a three day block where skills develop throughout the programme, but I would prefer self contained one day sessions. I also felt the price was too high for three days.
Hello,

I'm very pleased to hear your child enjoyed Code Camp and thank you for taking the time to write a review!

We're disappointed that some elements of your experience were not up to Code Camp standards, so I'd love to address some of your concerns:

We do endeavour to get back to every email and voice message within 24 hours, but typically it's much quicker. I will definitely be checking in with the customer support team to ensure these standards are being maintained.

In terms of pick up, I agree that it is unacceptable for the children to be waiting outside at this time of the year! Our classes start at 9 am and finish at 3:30 pm, with drop off from 8:30 am and pick up until 4 pm.

In the drop off/pick up time children are encouraged to participate in offline activities supervised by the instructors, while the Camp Manager electronically signs children in/out as their carers arrive. If the weather permits, the meeting area is outdoors so children can play on the school equipment during this 30-minute window. During the cooler months, the meeting spot should be inside. I'm very sorry to hear that this was not the case at the camp your child attended.

Additionally, all of our facilitators are provided with Code Camp uniforms and name badges to make them easily identifiable to the children and parents.

Would you mind telling me which camp your child attended so I can address the above points with the Camp Manager to ensure they don't happen again?

Thanks again for the feedback, I will be flagging these issues with the relevant people to ensure the Code Camp experience is great for both children and parents.

Warm regards,
Mary
My children enjoyed Spark Camp so much they couldn't wait to go back and try 2D Game Makers.
Awesome! We can't wait to see them next time at Code Camp!
Kids had a great time. Teachers were very helpful. It would be great to have (help) all kids present their apps and speak for a few secs rather than picking up 2 kids to present their work
Hi Vinay,

Thanks for leaving us a review!

At the majority of our camps all of the children get the opportunity to present their games at the award ceremony, it sounds like maybe in this instance they ran out of time! The last afternoon of Code Camp kids can be busy de-bugging their awesome games and getting them ready to publish, so this does happen on occasion.

I'm glad your child enjoyed the camp, we hope to see you again next time!
My son really enjoyed a lot at the Code Camp. He was too excited to create the game and was really happy while giving us a demo.
Looking forward to next level.
Thoroughly enjoyed the experience and support to learn to code in an enjoyable environment
My child went into Code Camp knowing nothing about programming/software development. Having completed a 3-day course and showing me a game that was created, my child wanted to continue the piece of work by showing and describing how to add new levels to the game.
Great well run camp for kids who are interested in coding /games. my child loved. My constructive feedback is : be good to have more tasks that encourage collaboration between the kids and critical thinking. And also focus on other apps than just games/entertainment. thx
Great content. Good staff. My son loves it.
Thank you for your review. Glad to hear that your son enjoyed his time with us learning to code.

Many thanks,
Entisar & the team at Code Camp
Great code camp! My son had a wonderful time and the teachers were helpful, nice and understanding!. Camp took place during a very hot week and they made sure the children were hydrated. My son was delighted every day to show us his progress and the game he coded.
Very nice team and i wish they were running during term time as well
Hi Natalie,

Thank you for taking the time to review Code Camp. We're very pleased your son had a great time, despite it being the hottest day on record!

We'd love to chat with your school about running in the term time. If you'd like to refer a school you can do so here: www.codecamp.co.uk/refer (and get a free term of afterschool classes if it goes ahead!)

Many thanks!
My son was extremely excited about the stage 1 course, and couldn't wait to go back each morning. I would in future recommend to share a curriculum with parents, to understand what was learned and what tools used--it isn't easy to interrogate an 8yo, and outside of outcomes I don't really know the details of what was taught.
Hi Ehud,

We're very pleased to hear your son had a great time at Code Camp!

Thank you for the feedback about sharing the curriculum with parents.

We know that getting kids to relay what they've learnt throughout the day is no easy task! From next season (Summer school holidays) we will be sending parents a daily email detailing what their child has learnt and some talking points for when they get home.

If you'd like a breakdown of the curriculum please shoot us an email at hello@codecamp.co.uk and we can send you something.

Thanks again for sharing your Code Camp experience!

Mary & the Code Camp team
I received some feedback from my daughter and she mentioned possibly having a younger and older group setup for future Code Camps. Apart from that she enjoyed the Camp.
Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch! We're very glad your daughter enjoyed Code Camp.

We do split our classes by age when enrolments number allow for it or if we have access to multiple rooms in a venue, but unfortunately, this is not always the case. We tackle this issue by adding extra Teachers Assistants to ensure the older kids are getting challenges and the younger ones are getting enough help. As the program expands, we hope for this to occur less often.

Thank you very much for your feedback!
Code Camp is rated 4.79 based on 61 reviews