Co Op Electrical Shop Reviews

60% of reviewers recommend Co Op Electrical Shop
6PM
6PM

About Co Op Electrical Shop: Find the best deals on a large range of electrical appliances including washing machines, dishwashers and televisions. The Co-operative Electrical Shop website offers a wide range of electrical products representing value for money. Our product range has been developed by including only renowned manufacturers offering quality products.

0800 28 00 111

Sat Navs
Sound & Vision

Tell us how Co Op Electrical Shop made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
"Took my money and delivered with speed . TV was broke. Never even switched on. Have contacted them numerous times they refuse to acknowledge. When they eventually did .was told too late to return. Utterly disgusting customer service."
Are you Co Op Electrical Shop? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Fantastic service very fast"
"Excellent service and price great deals and quick delivery"
"Sold me a panasonic microwave that went up in flames then refused to acknowledge the danger their product posed. Terrible custoner service. Nobody interested in the fact tjis was life threatening. Just told to pay for an engineer to prove it. Avoid"
"Even though i sometimes enjoy shopping at co op i had a bit of a problem last time when i voucher came though the post for me to spend in co op supermarket in caistor lincs. I was told i could use this voucher in this certain shop. I went to speak to staff a member of staff with black hair who refused to take my voucher i then spoke to the manager who said no that's wrong you can use your voucher here in this shop. He had it sorted out for me. I then went to get and buy some items of food and drink inside co op on that day. The look that she this member of staff gaved me was a look of hate and disgust that i complained to the manager. I was left in the queue for over 20 mins. She didnt like me complaining and i clearly felt that way that i shouldnt made a fuss or a complaint. I had another serious problem with co op few months ago i got falsely accused of theft in that shop on a different day this member of staff thought i stolen some eggs from co op and searched my bag. She shouted out loud that if i was caught stealing she would have strung me up by the neck and grabbed my throat pinned me up against the wall. I was horrified to the point of me breaking down in tears she shouted out loud if i was caught stealing this would have happened i had a receipt in my bag to prove i didnt steal anything. She said this in front of staff and customers i just was in shock i soon put in a massive complaint i had one staff young lass say to this other staff no she already paid for the item's but she forgot the eggs shes paid for the eggs and put them in her bag shes got the receipt to say she paid for the eggs separately. I received an apology from the manager when he found out about this and he was sympathetic he said that this staff would be dealt with. I went to head office about this because i strongly felt at the time what if she did this to a disabled person or the elderly no staff should ever threaten or intimidate another person especially a customer in this way. It was very poorly dealt with by her and there as been more complaints about this person working in co op. Some staff like Andy he is a joy to know and is helpful and friendly in co op a couple of others are the same very nice helpful etc but the rest not so. Its a shame they are like that."
"Payment was authorised by bank but didn't go through with Co-op, took them 24 hours to respond to my email so I could cancel the pending transaction with my bank. Tried to place the order again and prices had gone up. Customer service very unhelpful, you get passed around and told it's not their problem. Judging by the other reviews I had a lucky escape by not being able to place the order."
"We were delivered a fridge freezer and a cooker. Despite co ops claims that they take away all the packaging the delivery men refused to unpack them stating "can you imagine if we actually did take away all this rubbish we would need s compacter on the van" thry then told us how to unpack it and recommended leaving the polystyrene on the bottom of the fridge because "some of the council houses have uneven floors". We are disabled and so we struggled to unpack them ourselves and we put the packaging in the tiny shed we have out side. We rang and complained and were granted a "team" to be sent out to collect the packaging. The team refused to go near the shed. The "lady" on the phone was obnoxious and then said " I'm terminating this call now I have said what I had to say" The electrician who came out to fit the cooker (sent by co op) shouted at us for not unpacking it in advance and then unpacked it violently leaving one of the knobs permanent bent. The fridge is also damaged as the freezer door makes a crack every time I close it. I would avoid."
"Ordered a washing machine and arranged delivery. Delivery bang on time. Delivery men great fun and very pleasant despite the early morning. Best value for my Hotpoint on the net. Cannot express how good the service I received from them was."
"Ordered Beko Condensing drier arrived as stated but no manual or guarantee card attached. Emailed coop who asked for more details. Information supplied and informed Beko would be contacted to forward one direct. A week later Coop contacted me and stated they could not supply one and I would have to contact Beko. I stated that they had supplied product it was for them to supply me with it and despite a Promise one would be sent to date nothing has arrived. Very poor customer service."
"No delivery to Northern Ireland, hardly appropriate for a company in the 'United' Kingdom. A company stuck in the 1990's."
"I had a delivery of a new fridge-freezer, unfortunately it was scratched so rang them and arranged for a replacement, they couldn't do the replacement for 2 days, so I ask for a gestor of good Wii payment , 20.00 pounds, but they put it on the coop card not refunded back to the original payment, so I complained a area manager was spose to ring me back, no joy, then u get lied to by staff, stay away from this company,"
"I ordered a fridge 7 weeks ago and it still hasn't been delivered. Even though the delivery is expected to be within 28 days CO-OP have not been in touch with any sort of update. Every time I phone the call centre the waiting time is ~20-30 mins, after 5.30pm they don't answer. Twice I've called and been told I would be emailed an update but received nothing. I was then given a date for the fridge to arrive in their warehouse(two weeks ago) and there is still no sign. Tried to escalate to the manager in the call centre but he wouldn't even speak to me (Craig Arnold). I wouldn't order from them again. Their service is probably the worst I have ever encountered."
"The washing machine I bought online was fine and there was nothing wrong with the product or buying process, however the delivery "service" was appalling - when the eventually arrived over half-an-hour later than the end of the 1 hour time slot I was given. I chose the (admittedly) free connection service where they are supposed to disconnect and remove the old appliance before installing and checking the new one. However, when the delivery men arrived they said ‘We don’t take them out – it should already be disconnected’. Even after I showed him the email listing the service they should be providing he refused and suggested I was actually lucky because ‘my mate would have just walked out!’ Eventually, after disconnecting the machine myself, I suggested they leave before they had finished connecting the new one, in order to avoid having to listen to the grumbling and moaning about the connections being difficult to get at. They did deliver and take away the old machine, but almost nothing else of the service was provided."
"Ordered integrated washing machine on Thursday afternoon. Text received on Friday to advise machine will be delivered on Saturday between 10 & 11am."
"Bought a coffee maker from their eBay store on 2nd August. Item arrived with a part missing. Informed Coop electrical immediately, After several days and another reminder they finally told me to raise a return request via eBay. This would have meant me paying for the return - why should I, they shipped the faulty item. After another letter of complaint they arranged a DPD collection for a Tuesday. I informed them I would not be in on Tuesday so they moved it to Wednesday. On Tuesday the DPD delivery driver arrived anyway, he then didn't turn up on Wednesday. I told coop they had to pick it up before the end of the week as I was going on holiday, no response. After returning from holiday eBay told me the time for returning the item had passed (co-op not keeping them informed of the situation). This time I called co-op who informed that there were 'system issues' and my item would be collected the next day. It was. I contacted them today,12 days after sending the item back, to check they had received the item, they had and apologised that I had not had an acknowledgement or a refund, this was because of 'system issues'. I have been told the money will be back in my account in 24 to 48 hours, we shall see. I will not shop with Co-op electrical again and looking at reviews this seems to be a familiar story of faulty goods and lack of communication. I have a feeling that co-op may be the next big name to go into administration."
"My Partner recently joined Bulb and used another members code from here! He has just received the £50 free credit!! No other provider was offering By using someone elses code you get £50 automatically once fully set up He is offering £75 if you sign up using his code £50 from Bulb and £25 from the £50 he gets So £75 off your first bill!! The code is below: refferal75gbp.tk"
"waited ages for them to answer the phone"
"TERRIBLE. BOUGHT A RANGE COOKER FROM THEM THAT BURNT EVERYTHING WE PUT IN THE OVEN AND EVEN THOUGH WE REPORTED IT IN UNDER 30 DAYS TO THE MANUFACTURER, AS PER THE WARRANTY, THEY STILL REFUSED TO ISSUE A REFUND FOR THE ITEM AS UNDER THE CONSUMER RIGHTS ACT. THEY SAID THAT IT WASNT FAULTY!! ALSO THE OVEN IS SO POORLY INSULATED THE WALLS OF THE ROOM NEXT DOOR GET HOT! THE PAN STANDS ARE SO LIGHT THAT THEY MOVE WHEN A HEAVY PAN GOES ON THEM AND THE ROTISSERIE STOPPED WORKING THE FIRST TIME IT WAS USED. DISGRACEFUL COMPANY, I WOULDNT RECOMMEND THEM TO MY WORST ENEMY. WHEN I ORDERED FROM THE CO-OP I THOUGHT I WAS BUYING FROM A REPUTABLE COMPANY WITH A GOOD HISTORY, HOW WRONG I WAS."
"I ordered a cooker at 7.30 on Tuesday morning and it was delivered at 10am the next day. Excellent service and easy to use website"
"TERRIBLE. Ordered a Teknix TKGF90BL 90cm Gas Range Cooker. Hob stands very light and move with pans, dangerous. Rotisserie didnt work first time used. Due to position of burner in the oven, directly under the food everything gets burnt on the bottom. Emailed Teknix, no reply. Rang Co-op and they said that they had to speak to Teknix in case it was faulty. I pointed out that the burner position cant be faulty and stressed that its a pile of junk that burns the food, they then said that if its not a fault they cant do anything about it. What a crock!!! I now have to wait to hear back from them. Terrible product and disgusting customer service. DONT BUY FROM THEM. On the plus side the delivery men who worked for another company, were excellent."
Co Op Electrical Shop is rated 3.37 based on 68 reviews