Co Op Electrical Shop Reviews

64% of reviewers recommend Co Op Electrical Shop
04AM
4AM

About Co Op Electrical Shop: Find the best deals on a large range of electrical appliances including washing machines, dishwashers and televisions. The Co-operative Electrical Shop website offers a wide range of electrical products representing value for money. Our product range has been developed by including only renowned manufacturers offering quality products.

0800 28 00 111

Sat Navs
Sound & Vision

Tell us how Co Op Electrical Shop made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
"Ordered a washing machine and arranged delivery. Delivery bang on time. Delivery men great fun and very pleasant despite the early morning. Best value for my Hotpoint on the net. Cannot express how good the service I received from them was."
Are you Co Op Electrical Shop? Reply to this positive review and show your potential customers that you care about the feedback Co Op Electrical Shop receives. Reply Free
"Ordered Beko Condensing drier arrived as stated but no manual or guarantee card attached. Emailed coop who asked for more details. Information supplied and informed Beko would be contacted to forward one direct. A week later Coop contacted me and stated they could not supply one and I would have to contact Beko. I stated that they had supplied product it was for them to supply me with it and despite a Promise one would be sent to date nothing has arrived. Very poor customer service."
"No delivery to Northern Ireland, hardly appropriate for a company in the 'United' Kingdom. A company stuck in the 1990's."
"I had a delivery of a new fridge-freezer, unfortunately it was scratched so rang them and arranged for a replacement, they couldn't do the replacement for 2 days, so I ask for a gestor of good Wii payment , 20.00 pounds, but they put it on the coop card not refunded back to the original payment, so I complained a area manager was spose to ring me back, no joy, then u get lied to by staff, stay away from this company,"
"I ordered a fridge 7 weeks ago and it still hasn't been delivered. Even though the delivery is expected to be within 28 days CO-OP have not been in touch with any sort of update. Every time I phone the call centre the waiting time is ~20-30 mins, after 5.30pm they don't answer. Twice I've called and been told I would be emailed an update but received nothing. I was then given a date for the fridge to arrive in their warehouse(two weeks ago) and there is still no sign. Tried to escalate to the manager in the call centre but he wouldn't even speak to me (Craig Arnold). I wouldn't order from them again. Their service is probably the worst I have ever encountered."
"The washing machine I bought online was fine and there was nothing wrong with the product or buying process, however the delivery "service" was appalling - when the eventually arrived over half-an-hour later than the end of the 1 hour time slot I was given. I chose the (admittedly) free connection service where they are supposed to disconnect and remove the old appliance before installing and checking the new one. However, when the delivery men arrived they said ‘We don’t take them out – it should already be disconnected’. Even after I showed him the email listing the service they should be providing he refused and suggested I was actually lucky because ‘my mate would have just walked out!’ Eventually, after disconnecting the machine myself, I suggested they leave before they had finished connecting the new one, in order to avoid having to listen to the grumbling and moaning about the connections being difficult to get at. They did deliver and take away the old machine, but almost nothing else of the service was provided."
"Ordered integrated washing machine on Thursday afternoon. Text received on Friday to advise machine will be delivered on Saturday between 10 & 11am."
"Bought a coffee maker from their eBay store on 2nd August. Item arrived with a part missing. Informed Coop electrical immediately, After several days and another reminder they finally told me to raise a return request via eBay. This would have meant me paying for the return - why should I, they shipped the faulty item. After another letter of complaint they arranged a DPD collection for a Tuesday. I informed them I would not be in on Tuesday so they moved it to Wednesday. On Tuesday the DPD delivery driver arrived anyway, he then didn't turn up on Wednesday. I told coop they had to pick it up before the end of the week as I was going on holiday, no response. After returning from holiday eBay told me the time for returning the item had passed (co-op not keeping them informed of the situation). This time I called co-op who informed that there were 'system issues' and my item would be collected the next day. It was. I contacted them today,12 days after sending the item back, to check they had received the item, they had and apologised that I had not had an acknowledgement or a refund, this was because of 'system issues'. I have been told the money will be back in my account in 24 to 48 hours, we shall see. I will not shop with Co-op electrical again and looking at reviews this seems to be a familiar story of faulty goods and lack of communication. I have a feeling that co-op may be the next big name to go into administration."
"My Partner recently joined Bulb and used another members code from here! He has just received the £50 free credit!! No other provider was offering By using someone elses code you get £50 automatically once fully set up He is offering £75 if you sign up using his code £50 from Bulb and £25 from the £50 he gets So £75 off your first bill!! The code is below: refferal75gbp.tk"
"waited ages for them to answer the phone"
"TERRIBLE. BOUGHT A RANGE COOKER FROM THEM THAT BURNT EVERYTHING WE PUT IN THE OVEN AND EVEN THOUGH WE REPORTED IT IN UNDER 30 DAYS TO THE MANUFACTURER, AS PER THE WARRANTY, THEY STILL REFUSED TO ISSUE A REFUND FOR THE ITEM AS UNDER THE CONSUMER RIGHTS ACT. THEY SAID THAT IT WASNT FAULTY!! ALSO THE OVEN IS SO POORLY INSULATED THE WALLS OF THE ROOM NEXT DOOR GET HOT! THE PAN STANDS ARE SO LIGHT THAT THEY MOVE WHEN A HEAVY PAN GOES ON THEM AND THE ROTISSERIE STOPPED WORKING THE FIRST TIME IT WAS USED. DISGRACEFUL COMPANY, I WOULDNT RECOMMEND THEM TO MY WORST ENEMY. WHEN I ORDERED FROM THE CO-OP I THOUGHT I WAS BUYING FROM A REPUTABLE COMPANY WITH A GOOD HISTORY, HOW WRONG I WAS."
"I ordered a cooker at 7.30 on Tuesday morning and it was delivered at 10am the next day. Excellent service and easy to use website"
"TERRIBLE. Ordered a Teknix TKGF90BL 90cm Gas Range Cooker. Hob stands very light and move with pans, dangerous. Rotisserie didnt work first time used. Due to position of burner in the oven, directly under the food everything gets burnt on the bottom. Emailed Teknix, no reply. Rang Co-op and they said that they had to speak to Teknix in case it was faulty. I pointed out that the burner position cant be faulty and stressed that its a pile of junk that burns the food, they then said that if its not a fault they cant do anything about it. What a crock!!! I now have to wait to hear back from them. Terrible product and disgusting customer service. DONT BUY FROM THEM. On the plus side the delivery men who worked for another company, were excellent."
"Have ordered a couple of times and delivery was good. However, having had the fridge/freezer I purchased from them just under 4 years ago pack up during this hot weather period,despite checking with Consumer Direct that it should be of satisfactory quality for at least 6 years, they didn’t want to know and had no sympathy of my situation. The adviser I initially spoke with wanted to palm me off to the manufacturer, yet the contract is with them. Took an eternity to get through when I called back to speak with a manager , who was equally dismissive. All they were interested in was me paying for an engineer, which would have taken days to come out and confirm what I already knew and in between time, I had no means of chilling or freezing and had food deteriorating . The best the manager could say was that they had some good offers on! I wrote to their chief executive which resulted in an email from their customer services manager who again was dismissive and told me that next time I purchase and there’s a problem to send them a report! Frankly, there won’t be a next time. I purchased a new fridge freezer from AO who were excellent. Co-op Electrical were selling the same model for £55.00 more! So much for their good deals. I’ve had insurance from them for years, but due to this experience, I went elsewhere this week at renewal and again saved £70.00! All very well giving good delivery, but beyond that, they’ve had your money and don’t give a stuff. Not customer focussed at all!"
"Friendliest staff I've ever encountered in a convenience store."
"Ordered a fridge from Co-op Electrical. With the first 2 deliveries, the fridge arrived damaged and was rejected due to (apparently) the fridge being lifted by a fork-lift vehicle at their depot effectively crushing the sides of the fridge on both occasions. The 3rd delivery just didn't take place despite me speaking to the returns lady on the delivery person's telephone and arranging a replacement and time for delivery. When I finally got through to the Co-op (you'll wait a long time for them to answer their phones) they had no record of the conversation or the delivery that was promised. Finally, on the 3rd (actual) delivery date the replacement item arrived undamaged and was accepted. Despite the Co-op stating that a text would be sent the night before to advise of a 'one hour delivery slot', On all 3 delivery occasions, their delivery people arrived outside of the time slot. With the final 2 deliveries I was given 3 separate time slots which effectively meant that the time slot was in fact in excess of 5 hours - work that one out!! I won't be using Co-op again due to their poor communication set-up and haphazard delivery 'system'."
"The co-op give an excellent service especially their delivery drivers, they are punctual and polite. I’ve purchased many things as it is so easy to deal with.It was the hottest day of the year today and the one delivery man collapsed from the heat is name was M.singh +Mandip Singh, I would highly recommend them both, Thank you for your help."
"As per a number of reviewers on here, I would rate ZERO STARS if I could due to an ATTROCIOUS< TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL SERVICE!! I purchased an American Fridge Freezer from the Co-Op Electrical ebay shop as, with discount, it was a about £4 cheaper than AO and I thought the Co-Op would be a good place to buy -- BIG MISTAKE! AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!! . A dirty looking delivery guy and his scruffy female counterpart arrived to deliver the item in a dirty battered non-liveried non-delivery van and asked where we wanted it. In the kitchen, we said (even though we thought that was quite obvious) at which the non-delivery guy said he couldn't bring it up the few steps to the front door, spouting Health & Safety. When we wouldn't take delivery on the drive, his confrontational attitude quickly became ABUSIVE AND FOUL MOUTHED!! I have never experienced such an unprofessional attitude as a customer in all my life and I am really surprised that this would occur with the Co-op. I immediately rang Customer Service who put me through to someone they said was Clare the Transport Manager. Her attitude was dismissive and she merely advised me to buy something smaller. …….. VERY UNPROGFESSIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE AND NOT EVEN AN APOLOGY ABOUT THE ABUSIVE NON-DELIVERY MAN. So, we were forced to cancel the order and sourced the exact same appliance from AO who delivered next day with no problems. The Eastern European AO delivery man was smart and extremely courteous. He donned a special lifting strap and bought the appliance up the steps on his own, ….. putting the scruffy Mancunion Co-Op weakling to shame ……. perhaps the Co-Op should start using some Eastern Europeans who actually want to do some work for their deliveries --- BEFORE THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS!! As it stands, the Co-Op have handed this £500+ sale (and all of my future sales) to one of their competitors and cost themselves a failed delivery …. and I'm having a real laugh telling as many people as I can about the Co-Ops laughable service ...… VERY SMART BUSINESS SENSE CO-OP, NOT!! LOL !!!"
"Every other electrical store was around the same price for our products & promised price check but Coop was £10 cheaper!"
"had a tumble dryer delivered today (bedfordshire)was due 11.30-12.30 and came at 11.45 two nice blokes,asked me if i wanted the packaging removed and delivered to my garage up the drive with no problem and had a bit of banter with them so my experience with co op delivery was excellent."
Co Op Electrical Shop is rated 3.48 based on 61 reviews