Co Op Electrical Shop Reviews

75% of reviewers recommend Co Op Electrical Shop

How would you rate Co Op Electrical Shop?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

36 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Martin

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Co Op Electrical Shop in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Just avoid - use amazon - they are bureaucratic and it took me days to arrange for a return - and then I was charged a significant amount for the privilege. very poor service"
"Ordered a washing machine which arrived hours late so lost a day waiting at home for the delivery. I was advised that I could take out an extended warranty after delivery and in the first year at the same price as if I bought it at the same time I ordered the machine. Not so! Coop staff lied. I now have to to the insurer direct and the additional warranty costs more. I raised this with the Coop and after being fobbed off many times I was then told warranty should cost the same as if I'd bought it through them and they would look into it. This morning I get an email telling me it will cost me more and they can't help. Customer service is abysmal I would avoid shopping with the Coop, once they have your cash they're not interested."
"I ordered a Washing Machine, good value and stated next day delivery. We were given a delivery window of 7 - 7.47 am, so I got up at 6.45 to ensure the dogs had been let out and I was up and about for the delivery. When my wife got up and put her phone on charge, she had a missed call and it looked liked we missed the delivery - frustrated we rang Coop Electrical as I (or my dogs) had not heard everything. They told us that the driver had rang us (phone was dead) and we asked why he hadn't rung the doorbell? We were told he had, and that they had a recording of him knocking on the door. I stated he must have been at the wrong house (but he quoted our VRN so this was not the case), or that he was lying as neither the dogs (who bark if someone walks past the drive gate) or I had heard anything. They said that they would send us the recording (which hasn't materialized) and then as an afterthought to check we hadn't gone crazy we checked our CCTV. No one (apart from me taking out the bins) had been in our drive from 7 - 8am. The flat out lying is unbelievable and I will never be using this company again or recommending them."
Janet Sargeant
"Really good prices and they even give further discounts if you have a co op card.when I ordered an item it was reduced before delivered and they refunded the difference in price."
"Despite choosing a day of delivery, the team didn't show up with my appliance. They had cancelled all deliveries that day, so I had to rearrange. Despite choosing 'installation' and the taking away of my old appliance, neither of these two things happened. Two guys in a white van (contractors) turned up - and clearly didn't want the job, saying they couldn't turn off the blue valve and literally just left my new washer, still wrapped up, on the floor and my old defunct washing machine still installed. I had to pay a plumber to come later who said there was had no problem at all with the valve. Customer service is non existent at the co-op. They offered me compensation of £3.99 (original delivery charge) and when I complained, they said that I could always cancel and go to Currys myself in the car! Have requested a call back from one of the managers who, despite 4 days later, have yet to speak to me. Would not recommend the Co-op nor their cowboy contractors at all! Go to John Lewis or someone who actually cares! UPDATE: Use my washing machine for the first time and it has leaked everywhere from the appliance door!"
"I placed my order on 20/11 and it should have been delivered on 22/11. Since the day of the delivery I wasn't home I decided to have it delivered to a pick-up shop the following day. On 23/11 I opened the parcel and It didn't contain my order (it seems that DPD delivered me the parcel that my flatmate has been waiting for one month instead of mine). I called coop and after 45 minutes at the phone they told me that they would get back to me because the manager R. was in charge of it. On 24/11 they didn't call me back, but i wrote them receiving no answer. On 25/11 I called again and they told me that they will send me another one straight away so that I could receive it by Monday ( I REPEATEDLY told them that It was a gift that I needed on Monday). On Monday 27/11 after waiting for the courier in vain I called COOP again, this time there was an "error"; even though my delivery was scheduled for Monday that would have been impossible since my parcel left the shop Monday morning ( they lied to me otherwise I would have cancelled the order). On 28/11 the delivery was scheduled between 15 and 16, but at 15:57 next to my tracking it appeared a message saying that the ADDRESS THAT COOP GAVE WAS WRONG. I called them again and they were truly, madly, deeply sorry but I should have to reschedule the delivery for the following day."
Lorrainne Platford
"Always helpful , polite and very chatty . Always a lovely experience , however when it comes to paying their staff , this is where they fail terribly and to call their staff liars is absolutely appalling"
Lauren
"very happy and helpful staff."
"£100 cheaper than other retailers for same product."
"had a issue with first delivery .when i contacted customer services they done every single bit to resolve the matter .very polite and professional staff . compensated me for the inconvenience too . delivery team 2nd time was very professional and polite .took extra care for the laminate flooring and carpet."
"Every morning when I go into the Co op they cant do enough to help...."
Vivian Allman
"lots of nice offers, the meals for £5 are good and include a pudding!! also at the end of the day they reduce short life items so a bargain can be had."
"Ordered a hotpoint washing machine I was given 1hr time slot and they turned up right in the middle of it two gents asked where it was going and could not have been any better if they tried. Really pleased with washer and delivery also web site when ordering. FULL MARKS TO ALL CONCERNED"
Claire Pope
"Very pleasant staff in our local branch. Good range if products we always find what we need. Card only tills are sometimes a bit stressful, however we avoid this by using the staff based cash tills ( as do most card users). We shop everyday and enjoy the many reductions the company puts out."
"Excellent costomer service."
"Good service and order arrived on time."
Pauline Colcomb
"Good product, good price and quick delivery"
"My Indesit fridge door fell off after just a year. Co-op want ME to prove it was damaged on delivery. Been a customer for over twenty years. Last fridge lasted us (fa.ily of 6) 15 years. DISGUSTED!"
Stephen
"Happy got good value"
Jen
"Good range of products and great customer service . They also make a good contribution to the local community"
Co Op Electrical Shop is rated 3.83 based on 36 reviews