ClickMechanic Reviews

1 New Reviews Written
9PM
9PM
Click Here

Tell us how ClickMechanic made you happy

6 - 12 Hours
"I’ve not used click mechanic but was about to book them for a service on my van. Thank goodness I’ve read these reviews, I’m shocked to see that what are very simple routine services have turned into nightmares for customers. In all honesty I don’t trust many folk in the motor trade, there’s way too many people trying to make easy £ with made up faults rather to carry out an honest job. Money can be made by doing honest work & not scamming folks. It comes to something when I don’t trust anyone to service my work van for my business."
Posted 30 minutes ago
Are you ClickMechanic? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"THIEVES!!! DISHONEST!!!! THIEVES!!!! WORST COMPANY EVER!!!!! DO NOT USE!!!!! COMPLETELY DISHONEST!!!!! The mechanic (Mohammed WD4 AREA) said that he was doing another job and that I had to wait OVER the allocated time! I called back after waiting over an hour to say that I would like to cancel as a heavily pregnant lady - i was told fine he will charge me - I said i was not happy to be charged is he was the one unavailable - I called expecting to get a resolution - oh was i wrong! The attitude of the agent was - I was just about to call you, I have spoken to mohammed and he will be charging you! unbelievable! she lied and said he will be there in 5 mins - I explained that I was now recording all conversations as Mohammed was lying and had not turned up. The agent then agreed that I should reschedule for the next day! I leave 27 mins after my conversation with her had started - To find when i arrive home a FULL cancellation fee had been charged to my account! Mohammed says he turned up when I LEFT! I called back to query this and the rudest response ever and refused to give me a complaints procedure, saying i have to raise a ticket that would come directly through to her as the account manager!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! THIS EXPERIENCE WAS SO COMPLETELY UPSETTING AND AWFUL!"
"This has been the worst car experience for us. I have a disabled wife and initially ask for a quote from ClickMechanic. Everything seemed legit and then the quote kept climbing. However, despite the management eventually getting involved as we wrote them and them trying to help us (The emails eventually indicated this but ...), we now have the car back (long story) and had to bring the car to another company to fix. What took 5 weeks with ClickMechanic (and the car was still was not fixed after this time) was sorted within days by an alternative company. We have a copy of the entire conversation on their site and the mechanic's multiple texts promising to show up and continually cancelling. The mechanic promised a part refund - this did not happen. We were promised an inspection - this did not happen! We hope no customer has to go through what we have just experienced. This experience has now cost us twice as much. The Mechanic has been paid, so I guess that is the end of the story for them. We have learnt a hard lesson, but not the kind of people to hold a grudge. My wife was hit by a drunk driver three times over the limit, hence her disability... we did not need this treatment, but again, we move on with our lives."
"Let down by this company no mechanic turned up I had to make alternative arrangements after taking the time of work ,will never use again ,added bonus found a mechanic fmthat was cheaper than their qoute."
"Appalling 😡 completely the wrong diagnosis, even told them what the problem was lightly to be , then told let’s do the other issues first ( which were not even issues) then pay us the £400+ , so my question to them was well if this doesn’t work surely I’m not expected to pay that amount, I was told yes you’ll have to pay this first !! Really I think not , the vehicle has now Ben fixed by a professional company who agreed the original diagnosis was a complete waste of time , NEVER AGAIN 😡"
"Absolute joke of a company, 2 weeks without the use of my car following a routine service. The mechanic they provided didn't know how to service my car but carried on regardless. CLICK MECHANIC will offer no assistance other than take your payment, they can not assist with refunds, they will just refer you back to the mechanic, what's the point in using them. Please just use your local garage, at least you can go back to them if something goes wrong. Joke of a business"
"Booked via website for 10am appointment, no show, got a message just after that to say another mechanic was booked for 4pm - had to cancel work. ClickMechanic took two payment from my bank plus and extra for spark plugs - without asking. Finally got in touch with customer services who promised a refund - 6:30 and no refund. NOT IMPRESSED. Don't know if the service is any good until I drive to work tomorrow. Will be contacting Andrew Jervis the CEO with formal complaint. Will certainly not be using ClickMechanic again,"
"The problem with ClickMechanic is that they are the middlemen, they quote for a piece of work and when the Mechanic turns up they would do a diagnostic. If they did not bring the part or unable to fix anything, you will need to get them back again through a separate callout fee (which costs you more money - and after you pay up upfront, you may have another problem!)... so why bother in the first place?? I would recommend you go to a garage, pay for the diagnostic and get the work done there full stop!"
"So, I made an appointment with clickmechanic for a clutch change in a 2004 micra. The mechanic came on time, all was good, he took my car to the garage. After a couple of hours the garage has called me and they said my oil sump was corroded so they broke it. My car was not leaking a drop before. They charged me an extra 170 Pounds for their mistake, which, like a fool I paid. They dropped my car home, while i was at work, and when i came i just wanted to drive it. And i did, for 2 miles, after my gearbox fell off and the driveshaft came out. I called the garage, they recovered my car, but, they say ITS not their fault, which is incredible, given the fact that they removed my gearbox to change the clutch. The mounting have absolutely no corrosion. Now they wanted me to pay 500£ extra to get my car back. I didn’t HEAR a word from clickmechanic, nothing at all. AVOID DEALING WITH THESE TYPE OF SCAMMERS. AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE. Go to a local garage, ITS much cheaper an"
"Clickmechanic is yet another online company that all they care about is money. Not only they charge you 24 hours before the job is done, but when the final bill was lower than their quote (I used my own parts, could not specify that at the time of booking - I used to few years before), it will now take up to 5 days days for them to refund the difference. They claim that the money is not taken from my account, but what difference does it make when it is frozen as pending until they process the final bill days later and I can't use it?"
"Multiple bookings made, twice the mechanic cancelled, never trying to rebook, then after making the last booking, no mechanic wanted the ' job...complete waste of time...pointless..."
"The guy has not shown up (again). Not returning phone calls or texts, just ghosts me. So i decided to dig through my collection of business cards and find the OTHER guy that came and did my car before......only to realise it's the same guy that flaked on me last time, because I wrote DO NOT USE on his card. ffs!"
"All good at the start and booked my car in, this is where it ends! No one turned up no email no call. I tried to call on Monday 15 minutes no answer! They then sent me an email to say sorry we have no one in your area, no I live 1 mile from derby.city centre, very bad service and if you live in derby they have no sub contractors. Go to whowillfixmycar so much better and done in a day!"
"Unsatisfactory customer service on phone, not proper information of what was needed for mechanic. Mechanic arrived with only a diagnostic computer and no battery charging equipment despite saying I had a flat battery. Wanted a refund which they are disputing .not a good service at all.would not use again ."
"Needed my brake pads and discs replacing, so booked the job with clickmechanic. Was surprised to be able to get it done on a Sunday morning, and the mechanic who turned up was a great bloke who knew what he was talking about. The repair was done quickly and to a high quality, and I was given advice regarding other issues on the car. Will definitely use again"
"We will never use this company ever again or recommend them to anyone else after leaving two disabled people without a car for 5 months and leaving my car in worse condition than it was before.Sending out people from a dissolved company who then decided to disappear with parts from our car.Going to end up having to scrap car now as it's going to cost too much to fix it."
"Raul was exellent today. Punctual and went above anmd beyond to help me out.....Thanks Raul!!!!!"
"My experience with Click Mechanic has to be the worst ever customer service I've ever had. I have written to them as per letter below but still had no response. Dear Sir/Madam I feel so let down by Click Mechnanic and FJ Autocare I had to put my terrible experience in writing and copy in the Trading Standards Institute. I first booked the Head Gasket repair on my car on the 13th February 2019 with the belief that the mechanic would arrive to do the work on the 15th February 2019. Since then the following has happened. Feb 15th Nobody arrived. Feb 20th at about 11.30--Colin and Simon arrived Feb 20th at approx. 2.15pm Colin and Simon leave taking the head with them. Feb 21th Call from Colin asking what you wish to do with the head. Head was still not completed test at the engineers. Feb 22nd I was told head had failed but they have a replacement for £245 including delivery. Feb 23rd I paid what was required. Feb 28th Simon arrives alone at just after 3.00pm and starts to put things together He .leaves at approx. 5.15pm and states he will be back tomorrow at noon to finish the job. March 1st. Simon didn't arrive March 4th. Arranged for Simon to come on March 7th March 7th. Simon didn't arrive but arranged for his to come the next day. March 8th. Simon didn't arrive but arranged for him to come on Monday 11th March. March 11th. Simon arrived but with the wrong timing chain gasket so he couldn't complete the job but he said he would come back the next day to finish the job. March 12th. Simon didn't turn up. I'm now left with a vehicle still in pieces and another £245 down for a reconditioned head (Or so they claim. I suspect that I probably had the same head back in the same condition as they took it away) It's quite staggering that I could be met with such incompetence and lack of care. March 13th, Simon completed the work on my daughters car. March 17th. My daughters broke down because there was an air lock in the cooling system which meant the system expelled all the coolant from the radiator etc. The reason this has happened is because after completing the work on the head gasket the system should have been purged to flush out any air locks which is standard practice for any skilled mechanic. Clearly this wasn't done. March 26th. The head gasket has blown again and is bubbling water out of the cooling system even though I have check the coolant level every single day for the last couple of weeks. I have taken the temporary measure by using a sealant solution to fix the issue in the short term. The product is called K Seal ( Copy of receipt for said item available ) I feel very strongly that you are obligated to reimburse the £495 you have taken from me and I would also urge you to pursue the £245 I sent to FJ Autocare for a re-conditioned head which was obviously their little scam as I probably bought back the exact same head in the exact same condition that they took away from their first visit. I will also be communicating with my credit card company relating to this farce to push for them to recover this money if you fail in your duty of care. Going forward Click Mechanic should also think twice before continuing to associate themselves with FJ Autocare of Peterborough as they clearly aren't a reliable partner but a firm that should be treated with distrust. I await your response. Regards"
"Went on to click mechanic to get a price for a wheel bearing. Price quoted was £270 with a statement that it would take up to 3 hours and a garage would charge me £360. Had the job done for £130 in less than an hour - don’t believe their rubbish"
"Wish I could give no stars! Initially the service seemed good (eastlake) turned up on time and appeared to replace brakes, sump and crankshaft seal, I was notified of further work (rocker cover) needing doing by the garage by text message the following day. I used click mechanic again to book this work, another mechanic came and notified me that the rocker cover was fine and the sump was leaking oil, photos taken proved this was not new! (I had to pay over £50 for this call out) Also the new breaks were squeaking loudly! After several phone calls to click mechanic and wasting hours of my life waiting for eastlake garage to reattend (and not show up) I still have the same problems with my car and £600 out of pocket! Click mechanic will appear to give great customer service over the phone but don't actually follow anything up, I agree with another review on here that 'Ted' is particularly unhelpful. 'Alexandra' isn't much better!! I would not recommend to anyone based on my experiences!"
ClickMechanic is rated 1.41 based on 44 reviews