ClickMechanic Reviews

11% of reviewers recommend ClickMechanic
10AM
10AM

Tell us how ClickMechanic made you happy

"Will not be using these guys again. I would recommend avoiding, as the quotes they offer are nothing short of guess work based on, not expertise or are they practical or realistic. You are better going direct to your local garage. These guys quoted me a figure for repairs, and once the vehicle was taken and at the garage the price jumped by 20%. What is the point of giving a quote which is out by 20% - thats significant, and renders the service obsolete. You will get some quotes right, even i could do that on guess work. To make matters worse, their idea of a resolution is essentially well thats what it is, like it or lump it attitude. AVOID!"
Are you ClickMechanic? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback ClickMechanic receives and that when things do go wrong, you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"3195965 D Lawrence 1 review Published 4 seconds ago DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE I have had a bad experience with this service ...not the garage which is excellent and wont be named but the way that jobs are costed out by the people in Shepherds Bush. In my case I was charged £125 for gearbox oil which doesn't sound alarming ...the mechanic thought the car in question would need 10 litres of the stuff ...it only needed 4.5 litres to full the gear box of the 2.0 car. Your can buy the toughest Dexron 3 grade gearbox oil in a 5 litre container for £25 ( decent brand too ). So if you enjoy and look forward to being ripped off please use this service...their waiting for you !!!"
"All the mechanics are independent. No garage has any association with them. ClickMechanic is just a portal for mechanic work. They take about 30% commission on the job and the mechanic receives the 70% about a week later. Customer service is atrocious and you are on your own if an issue arises. Good for initial contact but once you have your mechanic, keep his or her number. The whole concept is about money as no one that works for ClickMechanic can use or has even seen a spanner."
"Having booked with click mechanic as their website said they had mechanics available for the following day it turns out they don't. Have wasted a full day in which I could have found a mechanic for myself - DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE THEY ARE TIME WASTERS. Their customer service staff are ill informed and unhelpful"
"Came round to diagnose with a fault on van which I told them the problem was. Had another problem with high level warning light coming on . Mechanic said he would drain some oil off but the oil was at the correct level on the stick, I said don’t bother. Got a copy of his report said he had sorted the oil problem which he had not , warning light still comes on. Then got a bill for £89.00 easy money what a rip off won’t be using again."
"Very Bad experience. These guys are a total rip off. They took about £760 from me and the noise on my vehicle has become worse. It turned out that they did not know what they were doing and were doing a guess work and diagnosing the wrong problem and fitting the wrong parts. I was over charged for the first part I was told was fitted. I found out the part cost far less and the labour time charge was a rip off too. I should have waited 2 weeks for my garage to fix the problem but was in a hurry. These guys are criminals. My experience with them is the worse regret ever of my life. Please everyone beware so you don't end up having the same experience. Go for a reputable garage where you will get value for your money."
"It seemed like a good idea and would have been nice n easy if it had worked. But I will never use them again. To cut a long story, there was a lot of confusion about who they were sending, it kept changing. So I had no idea who was coming. Anyway the actual mechanic was very good, very knowledgeable, and said that the problem with my car wouldnt be resolved by the work that I'd booked, but he did not have the extra part that it would need. So he couldnt do anything, but I would be charged for the call out. I was expecting that to be around £20 - £40 as thats what the website said. So I was pretty upset to be charged £83, yet I still have the original problem with car. Im not happy with ClickMechanic because they told me it would be a local mechanic (4 miles) but they cancelled the local one and sent someone from another county, 30 or 50 miles away, hence high call out charge. If they'd given the job to the local he may have been able to source the other part needed and get on with fixing my car. I tried to get the issue resolved through ClickMechanic website and got absolutely no response from them at all, even though its them who take the money and the mechanic did his best to get me a partial refund. The only way to escalate an issue with ClickMechanic is to waive your rights. You have to AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THEIR DECISION AND NOT TAKE MATTERS FURTHER. Thats unfair and unreasonable, I had to search for their address to bypass that waiver, if anyone else needs it its: ClickMechanic Ltd Centre House 56 Wood Lane London W12 7SB Put your issue in writing to them. Eventually the mechanic himself reimbursed £29, and I still havent had any response from ClickMechanic. They are quick enough to take your money but dont want to know when theres a problem."
"Placed a booking with click mechanics for work to be done by unique motors limited and quite frankly don't use this site. Wasted a whole day waiting for the mechanic to turn up! Not a call nothing.....I called the number what was given at around 10.30am because the booking was between 8-10am and no answer after 3 calls,on the 4th call I get an answer from the mechanic and I ask when is he going to get to me as the booking window has passed,he replied he was due to be to me around 3-5pm and he was sorry for the the missed booking.so I wait until 7.30pm! Not a call from the mechanic to say he wasn't coming so I left him a message on his phone just to say ,being courteous does not cost anything and disappointed at the lack of communication. Well you may have gathered I will not be using this service again and I would advise anyone thinking of using them......DONT! You'll regret it!"
"Poor service. I booked a full service for my car and the mechanic (Autoway LTD of Birmingham) never turned up to collect the car."
"Disgusted with Click recommended mechanic had car for 7 weekes and only returned car after police intervention. The car was returned with cosmetic damage and completely immobile due to malicious damage to gear box. Click have done nothing apart from hide behind there terms and conditions. Our car went from being perfectly roadworthy & MOTd 2 weeks prior to mechanic collecting ( to replace cylinder head gasket ) to a piece of scrapmetal and insurance write off. Click have no Morals or Ethics avoid like the plaque"
"Got ripped off they sent a young kiddy round called Ash brought the car back with hundreds of pounds worth of damage to it not happy. Local garage fixed it with inspection report .Avoid at all costs."
"Unbelievable disappointing experience. I was advised NOT to use them. Extremely poor communication & customer care. Mechanic did not do a through job and took 4-5 hrs to return my car. Now facing having to waste more of my time trying to resolve a dispute that has dragged on for months. I now have to fork out double the amount paid to take the car to a more reputable mechanic to have the said issue fixed. AVOID!!"
"Just AVOID !! Similar experience to one of comments below. I booked a repair with them after receiving a nice (how naive!) quote for £132.63 to replace CV joint on my car. Then I emailed them saying there's mistake with requested arrival time and then replied that the quote doesn't include parts... so "new" total is £436!! That smells like false trading/advertising. I give them 2stars instead of 1 star as the email correspondence was prompt and I wasn't charged "cancellation fee"."
"basically you roll the dice using this company.. you may get a good job done, but as In my experience, you may get a mechanic who ends up causing more damage than they came to fix WITH ZERO CUSTOMER SUPPORT..... THE ORGANISATION " CLICK MECHANIC " IS JUST A BOOKING AGENT FOR THE MECHANICS AND JUST IGNORES ANY ISSUES. ...FULL STOP..... YOU HAVE NO INBUILT REDRESS go to the MONEY SAVING eXPERT . com site and search on click Mechanic to get some idea of what Im talking about.... my case isn't listed on there. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUYER BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY AVOID !!!!!!!!!!"
"Even though I have been using this service previously and initially thought is brilliant ,the last two experiences with them really disgusted me . In the race to maximise their profit they have definitely dropped the quality bar by using really dodgy mechanics . In the latest incident they have assigned a mechanic to complete some bushes replacements on my vehicle and even though they charged me for the works and claimed that works were done ,when checked by a third party mechanic it was reported that only half of the bushes replacement were replaced . I have brought this to their attention but they immediately disregarded me and refused to assist in resolving the problem leaving me £200 short without any further explanation ."
"I think this service is truly dreadful and would advise people to stay away from them like the plague.I have just had an ubelievably appaling experience with them where they didnt just let me down once but at every touch point. I asked for a quote on their system for front CV joints for my car on Tuesday 24th April, the system quoted me £319 and I booked the repair for Saturday 28th April. Late on Friday evening the day before my booking, I received a phone call saying there was a problem with the booking, it looks like the quote hadn't undertsood what parts are required and that my booking would not go ahead, but they would telephone me the following day to confirm that the work would be done either on Monday 30th or Tuesday 1st May. This call on Friday came very late in the evening when it was too late to phone any other mechanic to do the work. I waited on Saturday (today) and no call came, so around 4:30 I phoned them and complained that nobody had phoned me back. The lady on the call (Alexandra) then said we are trying to understand what has gone wrong with the quote and what parts are actually required, I stayed on the line and she then said the actual quote for the work requested is not £319 as our system stated but £900 plus - not even close to the quote. I then obviously challenged this and she said she would look into the work and parts again and phone me back with more information to get teh work done on MOnday or Tuesday as I had ben told the veining before. I waited over 45 minutes for her to phone back, but she did not, instead a very rude mechanic phoned me back (again late in the evening when I had no chance of contacting any other mechanic) who spent most of the call speaking non-stop without even taking a breath, and then talking overy senetence I tried to speak. He then said he could do the work for £410 (not £319 as originally quoted or the £900 plus). I asked when he could do it and he said a chance it could be done on Monday 30th or the Tuesday 1st, I said that I had been told it would be done either Monday or Tuesday as the company had already let me down and left me high and dry and I needed the car to use Wednesday 2nd May. He said he isnt going to promisehe could do any of these dates (despiet what wa spreviously agreed). I said that is not acceptable to say that now, and he then said so you are saying you are not accepting the work then (i.e. intentionally putting words in my mouth which I never said, as I was comp[laing about the shifying sands of pricing and dates), he then spoke over me and said I am not authoring the booking and hung up. Rubbish quotation system, lowest of the low communication, and customer service skills of rude mechanincs that must have come from the Fawlty Towers school of customer service. I am now preparing to take them toc ourt for the additional costs caused by their misleading quotes, cancelling too late and leaving me high and dry with no means to contact any other provdier at sushc short notice - I turned a quote down for £450 in the week based on their low quote and my car could have been repaired by now had their information been accuarte and they communicated the issues with their IT system and quotes in a more timely fashion. They suck big time."
"An easy to website with all prices for all jobs. Half the price of a garage. Their guys are friendly and professional and I will use this company for all my motoring needs(I have three vehicles on the road)"
A
"ClickMechanic is a very good way of getting your car fixed cheaply and professionally by qualified mechanics. They provide a very quick and transparent service for all cars no matter how big or small the problem and they take away any fears that people may have about being ripped off by a potentially more unprofessional car repair outlet. I have only used these once, so far, but I will definitely use them again the next time I have a problem with my car."
ClickMechanic is rated 1.50 based on 18 reviews