ClickMechanic Reviews

9% of reviewers recommend ClickMechanic
6PM
6PM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact ClickMechanic?

Tell us how ClickMechanic made you happy

"Company is a joke. The mechanic they sent was 2.5 hours late, and when he arrived he was rude to my wife raising his voice in front of my toddler. He spent 10 minutes moaning about the price that click mechanic had quoted for the small job, and told my wife he would wait to speak to me (her husband) because he might get more sense out of me (his words) even though he had decided he wasn’t going to do the work by this point anyway. When I arrived I obviously told him to go away because he had made my wife extremely uncomfortable and nervous. To my surprise it turned out he’s a mobile mechanic who is banned from driving due to alcohol and drug addiction (which by his appearance wasn’t too surprising in hindsight) and he was being driven to jobs by his mate in a car. Not a van full of tools as you would expect. The click mechanic website details his qualifications as “other” so with all this in mind, be extremely cautious of using this website because they seem to have no concern whatsoever for who they send. And click mechanic won’t allow us to leave a review of this person on their website so don’t be surprised by seeing only positive reviews on there for the mechanics. We tried to call and complain but they just suggested calling the mechanic directly to complain. However the issue is with click mechanic sending us this useless person and wasting my time, since it was them we were paying directly. We were told a manager would would call us back from click mechanic but this never happened. Complete shambles DO NOT USE THEM. Ended up going to a local garage and having the work done for basically the same price anyway, but with a polite respectful attitude."
Are you ClickMechanic? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I really don't understand how this service has such high ratings... I really wanted to leave them 2 stars but with the experience, I can't really think of anything other than 1 star. I got a really high quote from their website but then I thought they got such high ratings so I will go for it. I got a text late in the night that Sahil will come to meet me the next day between 8 am to 10 am. I message him that that is way too early and maybe try to come at 10 am. The next morning he calls me really early and asks me how does 11:30 am or 12 pm sound? I said that is perfect and was waiting for him. It was 14:00 and he never showed up. When I called him he cut my call. If you are not going to show up at least have the courtesy to tell me so that I can look for someone else. Really disappointed, terrible service."
"They tried authorizing the payment 24 hours before the job was being carried out. I wasn't informed of this at all. All I was informed of was that payment wouldn't be taken until the job was complete. I wouldn't trust this company especially with £307.10 and it's now been cancelled leaving me with a days loss of wages unnecessarily. Looks like I will just have to get a kit and do it myself! Can't reply on anybody these days but yourself."
"Requested 3 separate quotes for work that I already had a quote for from my local garage which I have used for years. I was trying to ascertain whether it was better to get the vehicle repaired or sell it so thought I would get some separate quotes as a last ditch effort to make up my mind. Having read all the "rave" reviews on the website, it looked very promising. I was therefore appalled to receive quotes which was over double the price the local garage was quoting. So I could either pay £1700 to the local garage or £3600 to Click Mechanic!! Ummmm somehow I don't think so. On this basis I will avoid at all costs. It is also worth adding at the time of reviewing 78% of the reviews are 1 star, with only 10% being 5 star. Actions speak louder than words - or stars in this case."
"They hire absolutely idiots who will be good to your face and the opposite to your car!! Be warned don't be the next fool just find a trustworthy local mechanic it's not hard"
"Initially seemed good: mechanics (Swinton Recovery Ltd) came Saturday 22nd Dec to diagnose the car; came (albeit over an hour past time window) and seemed pretty bang on as far as mechanics go. Diagnosis reader said right rear abs ring sensor - and a brief test drive he said the noise I was getting was a potentially a worn o/s rear wheel bearing (despite the noise going when put in neutral whilst moving, which tells me it's the transmission, probably the diff)... Sent me a quote of just over £182 for the above to be fixed, and said they'd pick it up and do the work on Thursday 27th Dec. So, got back home early that I normally would do on Boxing Day night from being with family, so I'd be there from early morning (as from my experience of your typical mechanics, their time management is p*ss poor, so no exact time window given at all on this occassion - and having a HM Forces background, that drives me mad! Know I'm not the only one out there they have to go to, but most mechanics I've ever dealt with need to seriously sort their scheduling and time management out, can't do with it!)... Waited in all day, on one of the only days I take off in the working year, was told by text after me texting them twice (as they'd asked me to remind them) that they'd ring me shortly (at just after 12:30pm). However, never heard a thing, so had my day almost completely wasted not being able to go anywhere or do anything, with cancelled family plans etc! You also can't login to the website, despite it supposedly creating a login for you after your initial booking being setup (for you to then add a password) - it constantly gives an error "OOOPS! Something went wrong!" so, internal It problems too, so can't login to farm it out to someone else! All a very nice sounding idea in theory like a lot of these things, but I won't bother again (can't login anyway of course)! Unrecommended, will have to take to another potential rip off garage the normal way, 40 quid plus VAT for a tutt (and another 40 +VAT for a "pfff" and shake of the head and a scratch of the temple)! Cannot in anyway recommend - rubbish! Don't waste your time and money and just book into a garage the normal way and take your chance as usual! Cack."
"+++DO NOT USE CLICK MECHANIC+++DO NOT USE CLICK MECHANIC+++ I had a service done at a VW main dealer giving my Golf a clean bill of health except it required a new water pump. The car was 9 years old with 42000+ miles at the point of service so rather than pay main dealer costs (£569) I went to CLICKMECHANIC a web based booking firm for car repairs who gave the job to one of their designated mechanics [SPANNERWORKS] for £282. Approx 140 miles after the work was done the engine suffered a mechanical breakdown - the engine is a total write off. After 7 weeks of inaction and denial by CLICKMECHANIC as well as different stories as to the root cause from two of their designated mechanics [SPANNERWORKS and Darren at MOBILEAUTOCARE] I had the car recovered to VW Bromley by Darren. My combined costs for work across Darren and Spanner total over approx £700 and the car did have a market value of approx £4000 - now zero VW Bromley have inspected the car and written a letter stating the engine write off was a direct result of the work carried out by CLICKMECHANIC whose mechanic had carried out the water pump work. Remedial costs are over £8000 so the car is a write off. This letter has been sent to CLICKMECHANIC who have yet to respond. BTW their customer service is awful - a very thin veneer - do not be fooled by ''Ted'' - he is not on your side and to date CLICKMECHANIC have done everything to deny responsibility."
"Will not be using these guys again. I would recommend avoiding, as the quotes they offer are nothing short of guess work based on, not expertise or are they practical or realistic. You are better going direct to your local garage. These guys quoted me a figure for repairs, and once the vehicle was taken and at the garage the price jumped by 20%. What is the point of giving a quote which is out by 20% - thats significant, and renders the service obsolete. You will get some quotes right, even i could do that on guess work. To make matters worse, their idea of a resolution is essentially well thats what it is, like it or lump it attitude. AVOID!"
"3195965 D Lawrence 1 review Published 4 seconds ago DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE I have had a bad experience with this service ...not the garage which is excellent and wont be named but the way that jobs are costed out by the people in Shepherds Bush. In my case I was charged £125 for gearbox oil which doesn't sound alarming ...the mechanic thought the car in question would need 10 litres of the stuff ...it only needed 4.5 litres to full the gear box of the 2.0 car. Your can buy the toughest Dexron 3 grade gearbox oil in a 5 litre container for £25 ( decent brand too ). So if you enjoy and look forward to being ripped off please use this service...their waiting for you !!!"
"Came round to diagnose with a fault on van which I told them the problem was. Had another problem with high level warning light coming on . Mechanic said he would drain some oil off but the oil was at the correct level on the stick, I said don’t bother. Got a copy of his report said he had sorted the oil problem which he had not , warning light still comes on. Then got a bill for £89.00 easy money what a rip off won’t be using again."
"Very Bad experience. These guys are a total rip off. They took about £760 from me and the noise on my vehicle has become worse. It turned out that they did not know what they were doing and were doing a guess work and diagnosing the wrong problem and fitting the wrong parts. I was over charged for the first part I was told was fitted. I found out the part cost far less and the labour time charge was a rip off too. I should have waited 2 weeks for my garage to fix the problem but was in a hurry. These guys are criminals. My experience with them is the worse regret ever of my life. Please everyone beware so you don't end up having the same experience. Go for a reputable garage where you will get value for your money."
"It seemed like a good idea and would have been nice n easy if it had worked. But I will never use them again. To cut a long story, there was a lot of confusion about who they were sending, it kept changing. So I had no idea who was coming. Anyway the actual mechanic was very good, very knowledgeable, and said that the problem with my car wouldnt be resolved by the work that I'd booked, but he did not have the extra part that it would need. So he couldnt do anything, but I would be charged for the call out. I was expecting that to be around £20 - £40 as thats what the website said. So I was pretty upset to be charged £83, yet I still have the original problem with car. Im not happy with ClickMechanic because they told me it would be a local mechanic (4 miles) but they cancelled the local one and sent someone from another county, 30 or 50 miles away, hence high call out charge. If they'd given the job to the local he may have been able to source the other part needed and get on with fixing my car. I tried to get the issue resolved through ClickMechanic website and got absolutely no response from them at all, even though its them who take the money and the mechanic did his best to get me a partial refund. The only way to escalate an issue with ClickMechanic is to waive your rights. You have to AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THEIR DECISION AND NOT TAKE MATTERS FURTHER. Thats unfair and unreasonable, I had to search for their address to bypass that waiver, if anyone else needs it its: ClickMechanic Ltd Centre House 56 Wood Lane London W12 7SB Put your issue in writing to them. Eventually the mechanic himself reimbursed £29, and I still havent had any response from ClickMechanic. They are quick enough to take your money but dont want to know when theres a problem."
"Placed a booking with click mechanics for work to be done by unique motors limited and quite frankly don't use this site. Wasted a whole day waiting for the mechanic to turn up! Not a call nothing.....I called the number what was given at around 10.30am because the booking was between 8-10am and no answer after 3 calls,on the 4th call I get an answer from the mechanic and I ask when is he going to get to me as the booking window has passed,he replied he was due to be to me around 3-5pm and he was sorry for the the missed booking.so I wait until 7.30pm! Not a call from the mechanic to say he wasn't coming so I left him a message on his phone just to say ,being courteous does not cost anything and disappointed at the lack of communication. Well you may have gathered I will not be using this service again and I would advise anyone thinking of using them......DONT! You'll regret it!"
"Poor service. I booked a full service for my car and the mechanic (Autoway LTD of Birmingham) never turned up to collect the car."
"Disgusted with Click recommended mechanic had car for 7 weekes and only returned car after police intervention. The car was returned with cosmetic damage and completely immobile due to malicious damage to gear box. Click have done nothing apart from hide behind there terms and conditions. Our car went from being perfectly roadworthy & MOTd 2 weeks prior to mechanic collecting ( to replace cylinder head gasket ) to a piece of scrapmetal and insurance write off. Click have no Morals or Ethics avoid like the plaque"
"Got ripped off they sent a young kiddy round called Ash brought the car back with hundreds of pounds worth of damage to it not happy. Local garage fixed it with inspection report .Avoid at all costs."
"Unbelievable disappointing experience. I was advised NOT to use them. Extremely poor communication & customer care. Mechanic did not do a through job and took 4-5 hrs to return my car. Now facing having to waste more of my time trying to resolve a dispute that has dragged on for months. I now have to fork out double the amount paid to take the car to a more reputable mechanic to have the said issue fixed. AVOID!!"
"Just AVOID !! Similar experience to one of comments below. I booked a repair with them after receiving a nice (how naive!) quote for £132.63 to replace CV joint on my car. Then I emailed them saying there's mistake with requested arrival time and then replied that the quote doesn't include parts... so "new" total is £436!! That smells like false trading/advertising. I give them 2stars instead of 1 star as the email correspondence was prompt and I wasn't charged "cancellation fee"."
"basically you roll the dice using this company.. you may get a good job done, but as In my experience, you may get a mechanic who ends up causing more damage than they came to fix WITH ZERO CUSTOMER SUPPORT..... THE ORGANISATION " CLICK MECHANIC " IS JUST A BOOKING AGENT FOR THE MECHANICS AND JUST IGNORES ANY ISSUES. ...FULL STOP..... YOU HAVE NO INBUILT REDRESS go to the MONEY SAVING eXPERT . com site and search on click Mechanic to get some idea of what Im talking about.... my case isn't listed on there. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUYER BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY AVOID !!!!!!!!!!"
"Even though I have been using this service previously and initially thought is brilliant ,the last two experiences with them really disgusted me . In the race to maximise their profit they have definitely dropped the quality bar by using really dodgy mechanics . In the latest incident they have assigned a mechanic to complete some bushes replacements on my vehicle and even though they charged me for the works and claimed that works were done ,when checked by a third party mechanic it was reported that only half of the bushes replacement were replaced . I have brought this to their attention but they immediately disregarded me and refused to assist in resolving the problem leaving me £200 short without any further explanation ."
ClickMechanic is rated 1.43 based on 23 reviews