hampers.com Reviews

of reviewers recommend hampers.com
Read hampers.com Reviews

About hampers.com:

Hampers.com is the online website for Clearwater Hampers LTD, one of the largest gift hamper companies in the UK, supplying food, wine & gifts, all year round.

Established in 1979 and based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. Hampers.com brings you the finest quality food & drink hampers to send as gifts to the UK and Worldwide.

With Free UK Delivery and great customer service, you need to look no further for luxury hampers to send at Christmas and all year round!

help@hampers.com

36 Innovation Drive
Milton Park
Abingdon
Oxfordshire, ,

I sent a hamper for my cousins 30th. I wrote a message to go along with the hamper so he knew who it was from however the message wasn't attached. Very disappointing service. Won't be using hamper.com again as I have had no problems with other online hamper services. Thought I'd give your company a go.
Dear Erin, We are very sorry to hear the recipient missed the 30th Birthday message you wrote. We can confirm this is printed on the underside of the delivery label, where it states at the bottom "LIFT HERE FOR MESSAGE" in red. We are happy to send you a copy of the label if you would like to see this, & hope this didn't spoil the gift & the recipient enjoyed the contents. kind regards, Hamper.com
No message with Hamper, person receiving it didn't know who it was from, Contacted the company and they were going to send an apology with some chocolates and that never happened either.
There was no message attached as I had requested therefore the receiver did not know who it was from
There is a big problem with the courier that you guys use. UK-Mail is a terrible company. As it happened I ordered 2 hampers over Christmas. Neither of them ever turned up. 1 got lost in transit and the other was mysteriously never delivered. Eventually I did receive one of the 2 hampers after it was re-ordered with an account credit. I refrained from ordering the 2nd replacement. Hamper.com seems like a good company but the courier you choose to use is appalling. On that basis, it is doubtful that Hamper.com would be my first choice again in the future.
Original order lost did not receive in time for Christmas. Was a present from daughter in Australia. Very poor selection in replacement which was not received until January 25th. Mainly cheese biscuits, small Applewood cheese, small date fruit cake, bottle of wine, oatcakes, small shortbread, fruit and nuts, and packet of new berry fruit sweets. All in all VERY POOR HAMPER.
I was very disappointed when the hamper I ordered for Christmas was not delivered until December 28! The recipient had to track it down himself. It was still on the delivery truck. A Christmas hamper that isn't received until Dec. 28 just does not mean the same, nor can it be enjoyed in the same spirit of the season.
Ordered lovely hamper for my family who I don't see very often. It arrived however when calling my family to ask did they receive the gift. They said 'oh it was from you why did you put congratulation on the hamper we didn't know who it was from.' very embarrassing considering I never put that on it. And the personal note I wrote they never found.
The hamper I ordered was delivered after the date I specified. This was not the fault of the courier company, the hamper wasn't actually despatched until after the date it should have been delivered. Particularly disappointing as I ordered (and paid for) the hamper two weeks ahead of the delivery date. I will definitely not use this company again, there are many other more reliable (and cheaper) companies to choose from.
I bought a hamper as a present. Luckily I opened it before wrapping it and passing it on to my friend. The tins inside the hamper were battered and completely out of shape. I ended up having to take them out and replace them with new produce. I wouldn't purchase this again.
Delivery for my hamper was made on a completely different day from what I specified. This meant the hamper was delivered when no one was at home and left in an unsecure location for 9 hours with food that need needed to be refrigerated. No notification that the hamper had been delivered until 12 hours later, resulting in food that had to be thrown away as it wasn't suitable to eat. Will not be ordering again.
Appauling customer service in response to emails after ordering and no access via website to alter CYO orders.
Single order split into 2 deliveries 3 days apart owing to a mistake in the office. Denied by staff. Cost me a 4 figure sum in lost earnings. Big mistake as I shall not bother them again.
The gift was delivered to the recipient way earlier than the nominated delivery date. And it was 'left at the porch'. This is irresponsible, anybody could have stolen the hamper. When I enquired about the early delivery, the company came back to me and said they didn't receive the requested delivery date. REALLY? If that is the case, then they should update their system and regularly maintain it. If they don't even receive the preferred delivery date, why did they even let me choose the date on the order page??
Apparently my order was fulfilled by two separate suppliers. This means that the order arrived three days apart. The first part arrived with no card so the receiver hadn't a clue who it was for, or from. When the second part arrived the card was wrong. They had somehow managed to insert the name Gary to my partner and children. I'm not Gary in case you're wondering! Customer service responded quickly to my first email however it basically said: let us know if it doesn't arrive today and we will chase our suppliers. How about chasing them and responding to me with some kind of answer. The second email recieved no response. In actual fact if you look around hamper.com are 25-30% more expensive than some competitors. I'm awaiting feedback. Hamper.com may think this excessive but the surprise to my family was ruined. I'm not sure I'll use them again. Bunches.co.uk do hampers at Christmas time and I'd recommend, they were cheaper, faster, got the job done and to top it off I got a 10% discount AND money off any future orders.
I bought 4 hampers. 3 were delivered fine. 1 however was delivered to the wrong address. When I received the the delivery confirmation but the recipient confirmed they did not have the hamper, I emailed hamper.com but did not get a response. I then called and spoke to Michelle. I explained the situation and she said she would ask the delivery driver. She said to call back in an hour and they were open till 6pm. I called 45 minutes later and the business was closed. I left a message asking to be called back, but I have not received a call. At that point the hamper was missing. We only found out this morning that the hamper was left on the doorstep of a neighbour. My confirmation said it was securely delivered, it wasn't. Its not the end of the world, but it is not acceptable hence the rating.
Two hampers were ordered - placed at the same time and for same recipient. One was delivered on 21/12, the other on the 22/12 - they should have been delivered together on same day and at same time
Terrible customer service 2 emails ignored waited in all day for a delivery which didnt come Hamper ok not really worth the money
Not the best start for a first order. I ordered the hampers to be delivered on the Saturday so that I could present them to my sons football coaches on the Sunday but they didn't arrive until the Monday. Maybe not all the fault of hampers.com but it didn't help me at all.
The hamper was delivered quickly, however it had broken glass and leaked pickle in it due to a breakage. I was quickly promised a refund, however three weeks on I am still waiting and the communication from the company is very poor, with no apologies on the rare occasions they do respond to me.
The hamper was poor value for money and in future i will look more closley at what it contains and the weight of the products instead of just looking at the pictures. It is only worth half the cost!
hampers.com is rated 4.80 based on 19,393 reviews