Clarks Reviews

73% of reviewers recommend Clarks
Telephone

How would you rate Clarks ?

"Very good quality and inexpensive"
"I recently bought the Tallow Evie bag in the Walthamstow branch in London. When used it for the first time the straps kept disconnecting from each other and as a result fell off me and on to the ground. i ended up having to carry the bag in my hands. I decided to take the bag back to the store. I approach the store manager and told her the issue with the bag. She began by insinuating I was wearing the bag wrongly and that I couldn't have a refund because I had used the item. I was shocked because one I had explained that there was a problem with the bag and secondly when I was trying to talk to her she seemed to have an answer for everything. I asked her to give me the customer service number along with her name which she did since she had refused to give an entitled refund to me. After getting through to customer to a lady by the name of Elaine and explaining my situation I was given a reference number and told to hand it to the Linar the manager and to get her to call Elaine back. The manager went to the back of the store to make the telephone call and it is my belief that she tried to argue against a refund for the returned bag. I spoke to Elaine after the manager spoke with her who proceeded to tell me that the manager was not going give me a refund as it was at her discretion. Again I was forced to argue my point as I had a legal right to a refund on a product that was not fit for purpose. Then she suggested crediting my account with the money which I agreed to. I was asked to return the phone back to the manager who went to the back of the store and returned after approximately 7 minutes. When she came back she went behind the till and said to me that she was going to give me a refund just this once and that I wouldn't be entitled to future refunds. I told her that I wouldn't be returning to her store again and that she needed retraining in order to deal with customers properly. That encounter put me in a bad mood. I felt as if I was being treated like some criminal for exercising my right as a consumer. I did speak to head officer again to complain about the way I had been treated. They in turn told me that they were going to speak with the area manager about visiting the store to talk with the manager about her conduct. Whether this will happen I don't know but I will complain further in a letter to Clarks as this situation should never have occurred."
"Unfortunately this company has gone downhill in recent years and we will no longer shop at Clarks. Bought my son some school shoes in September after having him properly measured by October the soles had fallen off the shoe. Returned to store and was given a replacement pair. These lasted another 4 weeks and in November the sole came away. My mistake at this point was not requesting a full refund and taking my business elsewhere. The pair we were given in November lasted until May when the sole fell apart. This was the most expensive model in the kids range at a cost of £55. Returned the the metro centre, Gateshead store and was told by the very rude and unprofessional assistant manager that as the shoes were 6 months old this was fair wear and tear and refused to refund. This is unlawful as clearly states in Consumer rights act 2015 that goods should be of a satisfactory quality. Clark’s are clearly scrimping on quality to maximize profit and judging by the other very low reviews clearly have poor customer service as well. They think that it is acceptable that their top end kids shoes only last 6 months before wearing out. What a poor standard they must have. I could take them to the small claims court but it is not worth it for the small amount involved, they clearly know this hence why they operate a company policy which is in contravention of statuatory rights. A small minded corrupt company, your short sightedness has cost you hundreds of pounds as none of my family and friends will ever shop with you again."
"3 pairs of school shoes have had problems with the soles. Paid for a repair 3 times, costing £45. Clarks policy is they are not interested if the shoe is 4 months old or the child's foot has grown. We were not looking to be given free shoes but perhaps a £10 token towards our next purchase. Nothing. Dismissed by both shop and customer care. Shoe Repairer also said Clark's shoes are not as good as Marks and Spencer."
"My daughters Clarks school shoe strap snapped off after three months of use. I took the relevant photos, spoke to and was advised to emailed customer services helpdesk. I received a very quick response and have received a voucher to buy some new ones, as this was the first time that we had ever had an issue with a Clarks shoe. Great service and great product. Would recomend"
"Excellent help from staff, very attentive, mens shoes were marked but offered to order them on line for home delivery. Did not take this up but staff discounted scuffed pair. Only down side was we purchased 3 pairs of shoes valued well over a hundred pound and still had to puchase a bag to carry them home!!!!"
"The boot/shoe is very comfy and warm!"
"Arrogant female staff getting mens backs up telling them to wait and ignoring them."
"Good selection of shoes and easy ordering process."
"Great staff, really helpful. Very busy time everyone looking for their kids school shoes, but all were patient, bpf and polite."
"Very quick delivery of a pair of gents shoes in a sale. Lovely shoe but needed a wider fitting as my arches have collapsed completely, since last pair purchased. Quick and efficient returns policy and refund. Will use again and recommend to all."
"Good quality Good price Coustomer service"
"I bought shoes and they said they would send the receipt by email. It never arrived and I was worried if I returned the shoes they would insist on a receipt. I did return and I was refunded. I may have thought about the shoes longer if I had got a receipt but the shoes probably would still go back as they were too sma"
"TERRIBLE SERVICE. ALWAYS LATE, NEVER ON TIME. YOU COULD WALK TO THE PLACE YOU ORDERED FROM FOR DAYS ON END AND STILL MAKE IT HOME BEFORE THEY'D REACH YOU!"
"I always able to get my size and style want and are good guality"
"Great selection available in the sale, fast delivery and gorgeous shoes. Thank you."
"I got my medley red shoes; they are so comfortable !"
"We love clarks shoes but the slippers are not good on wooden floors, my toddler has slipped and hurt himself on numerous occasions. We have to put some rubber puffy paint on the bottom to stop slippage but that wears off eventually. Won't be buying slippers again. Sort the soles and we will happily buy again."
"I bought some new ankle boots from e-bay ,they are leather with clarks on insole but no logo on the sole ,and the sole quality seems a bit poor not the normal rubber ,feels like some sort of composite that might be slippy ,also the sereal number on the inside rim is 07/07 ,made in indonesia nothing else, wondered if they were fake ."
"ordered on a sunday delivered free on the Wednesday very good shoes good attention from Clarks at Sainsbury Tritton road"
Clarks is rated 3.86 based on 22 reviews