Clarks Reviews

73% of reviewers recommend Clarks
3PM
3PM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Clarks?

About Clarks: C & J Clark Limited was founded in 1825 in Street, Somerset. Clarks is one of the UK&s largest, privately owned company&s. Sold in nearly 150 countries worldwide Clarks has a broad reach, creating footwear for men, women and children.

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Clarks made you happy

"Ordered on Tuesday 1st January totalling £63.50 (money came out my account next day). Had an email on the Monday 7th January saying they had refunded my order (still pending expected refund 10th Jan!) as the items were out of stock, really disappointed & annoyed that they took my money straight away."
Are you Clarks? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Took over a week, and a chase letter, to eventually be told the item was out of stock. No appology or explanation By that time all alternatives in the sale were gone. Why it takes so long to do a stock check at the warehouse is beyond me. Having been given a delivery date at the time of order you would have at least expect someone to notice the order had not progresed after it was supposed to be wih the customer."
"30/12/18 0011 HRS weather lousy. walked into clarks Denton,to be greeted by Glen with a beaming smile asking if he could help? I repied ,am just looking. After choosing 2 pairs to try I turned round and glen was there .I asked could I have both full pairs to try plus a shoe horn. After trying them on I told glen I would have both pairs,he reboxed them while I was putting my shoes on then escorted me to the till. In and out in 30 mins with exellent service. My kind of shopping."
"Excellent customer service from zhara who is a real credit to the company."
"Hi bought a shoes today from charks & was well impressed with the Customer Service expierence trust me, the service that was delivered was excellent & i have to highlight (Palv) from The Clarks Shop, 2 Humberstone Gate, Leicester & please to keep up the good customer service work."
"Visited your St Helens shop yesterday afternoon with my daughter and two grandsons aged four and two. We were served by Rachael who provided first class service. She was extremely helpful and patient with the two children and we left very satisfied with four pairs of shoes"
"Bought a pair of shoes 1 month ago and the left shoe leaks."
"I have visited Clark’s in wickford high street several times now and the service that they provided was amazing. I have a 2 year old boy and I am always unsure if he needs a new shoe size and the staff are approachable, friendly and knowledgable."
"The assistant Ellie should be a role model for new workers she is very patient and doesn’t mind if we make mistakes for example I ask for a size 2 👞 shoe then I ask for a size 3 me and my kids say that she deserves a break and she deserves to be on a higher level thank you respectfully sincerely Fawzi and family"
"They delivered my leather goods very quickly and professionally. Delighted with products."
"The sales assistant lynzi at the lowestoft store was polite and helpful she not only helped me make sure the shoes were a good fit she also brought some black boots to try they were so comfortable I bought them too great service highly recommend"
"Very good quality and inexpensive"
"I recently bought the Tallow Evie bag in the Walthamstow branch in London. When used it for the first time the straps kept disconnecting from each other and as a result fell off me and on to the ground. i ended up having to carry the bag in my hands. I decided to take the bag back to the store. I approach the store manager and told her the issue with the bag. She began by insinuating I was wearing the bag wrongly and that I couldn't have a refund because I had used the item. I was shocked because one I had explained that there was a problem with the bag and secondly when I was trying to talk to her she seemed to have an answer for everything. I asked her to give me the customer service number along with her name which she did since she had refused to give an entitled refund to me. After getting through to customer to a lady by the name of Elaine and explaining my situation I was given a reference number and told to hand it to the Linar the manager and to get her to call Elaine back. The manager went to the back of the store to make the telephone call and it is my belief that she tried to argue against a refund for the returned bag. I spoke to Elaine after the manager spoke with her who proceeded to tell me that the manager was not going give me a refund as it was at her discretion. Again I was forced to argue my point as I had a legal right to a refund on a product that was not fit for purpose. Then she suggested crediting my account with the money which I agreed to. I was asked to return the phone back to the manager who went to the back of the store and returned after approximately 7 minutes. When she came back she went behind the till and said to me that she was going to give me a refund just this once and that I wouldn't be entitled to future refunds. I told her that I wouldn't be returning to her store again and that she needed retraining in order to deal with customers properly. That encounter put me in a bad mood. I felt as if I was being treated like some criminal for exercising my right as a consumer. I did speak to head officer again to complain about the way I had been treated. They in turn told me that they were going to speak with the area manager about visiting the store to talk with the manager about her conduct. Whether this will happen I don't know but I will complain further in a letter to Clarks as this situation should never have occurred."
"Unfortunately this company has gone downhill in recent years and we will no longer shop at Clarks. Bought my son some school shoes in September after having him properly measured by October the soles had fallen off the shoe. Returned to store and was given a replacement pair. These lasted another 4 weeks and in November the sole came away. My mistake at this point was not requesting a full refund and taking my business elsewhere. The pair we were given in November lasted until May when the sole fell apart. This was the most expensive model in the kids range at a cost of £55. Returned the the metro centre, Gateshead store and was told by the very rude and unprofessional assistant manager that as the shoes were 6 months old this was fair wear and tear and refused to refund. This is unlawful as clearly states in Consumer rights act 2015 that goods should be of a satisfactory quality. Clark’s are clearly scrimping on quality to maximize profit and judging by the other very low reviews clearly have poor customer service as well. They think that it is acceptable that their top end kids shoes only last 6 months before wearing out. What a poor standard they must have. I could take them to the small claims court but it is not worth it for the small amount involved, they clearly know this hence why they operate a company policy which is in contravention of statuatory rights. A small minded corrupt company, your short sightedness has cost you hundreds of pounds as none of my family and friends will ever shop with you again."
"3 pairs of school shoes have had problems with the soles. Paid for a repair 3 times, costing £45. Clarks policy is they are not interested if the shoe is 4 months old or the child's foot has grown. We were not looking to be given free shoes but perhaps a £10 token towards our next purchase. Nothing. Dismissed by both shop and customer care. Shoe Repairer also said Clark's shoes are not as good as Marks and Spencer."
"My daughters Clarks school shoe strap snapped off after three months of use. I took the relevant photos, spoke to and was advised to emailed customer services helpdesk. I received a very quick response and have received a voucher to buy some new ones, as this was the first time that we had ever had an issue with a Clarks shoe. Great service and great product. Would recomend"
"Excellent help from staff, very attentive, mens shoes were marked but offered to order them on line for home delivery. Did not take this up but staff discounted scuffed pair. Only down side was we purchased 3 pairs of shoes valued well over a hundred pound and still had to puchase a bag to carry them home!!!!"
"The boot/shoe is very comfy and warm!"
"Arrogant female staff getting mens backs up telling them to wait and ignoring them."
"Good selection of shoes and easy ordering process."
Clarks is rated 3.91 based on 33 reviews