Chiltern Oak Furniture Reviews

Chiltern Oak Furniture 5 star review on 4th September 2021
Suzanne F
Chiltern Oak Furniture 5 star review on 29th August 2021
Madeleine M
The unit came fully assembled and was good quality. Very happy.
Dressing Table not fit for purpose. Paint has started coming of the dressing table. I showed customer service a photo of my perfume on my dressing table as a example of what is on my dressing table. Customer service have said I should not put toiletries or perfume on the dressing table which is ridiculous. Trading standards have said Under the Consumer Right Act 2015 goods should be of satisfactory quality which the dressing table is not. Customer service just keep saying the perfume has taken the paint off. As a family we have spent £2000 in the last year with Chiltern Oak Furniture and there customer service is disgraceful. Please do not buy anything from this company.
Hi Lisa. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had a positive experience shopping with us. As has been discussed, we have refused this return because the item has been damaged by you, as you have acknowledged. Under these circumstances as a business we are not duty bound to collect and replace the item, and doing so would set a dangerous precedent should other items on your order be damaged in the future whilst they are in your possession. The issue present on your dressing table wouldn't have been caused by simply resting a perfume bottle on the surface. It will have been caused by perfume dripping on to the surface and being allowed to seep in to the wood for a period of time, possibly with something pressing down on it like the lid or the bottle. It looks like the lid in this instance. Given the acidic nature of perfume, I would expect the same reaction on oak, pine, leather, fabric or any painted wood. In our opinion this is not an issue of the item not being fit for purpose, rather not being treated with care. With that being said, we will not be collecting this item and I apologise for any disappointment this will undoubtedly cause. Kind regards, Chiltern Oak Furniture.
Package lovely, looks lovely, but very cheaply made would not buy again.
Quality items, fair price and super fast delivery time. Great service I would recommend if you want a efficient company.
5 star won a tv stand on a free compettion on there Facebook page. Fast delivery always on hand if you have any questions. Thank you so much highly recommend
Great communication, speedy free delivery and delighted with my bookcase
Excellent furniture, prompt delivery.
Dissappointed to find made in Far East and quite flimsy parts, not as solid as pics suggested
Chiltern oak were easy to deal with,the lady I spoke to on the phone processed my order quickly and effiently ,it was delivered within 1 week even though we are 250 miles away .The delivery was on time and the two delivery men assembled the wardrobe quickly and cleanly and took away all the packaging.I would definitely recommend this company to anyone.
Excellent product and complemented the room. Love that there is no assembling whatsoever, and as promised delivery on time👌🏾
Extremely comfortable. Ordering was easy and delivery fast. Love the look. Good value for money.
The quality of the furniture was great it's just what we wanted. From the order to the delivery was excellent.
I was very impressed by the quality and price of the coffee table I purchased and it fits in perfectly with my decor
So pleased with chairs, beautiful quality and look stunning, friends have commented on. Delivery service was quick and efficient. Would definitely buy from this web site again.
Chiltern Oak Furniture 5 star review on 9th July 2021 Chiltern Oak Furniture 5 star review on 9th July 2021
Quite disappointed on the size of furniture, looks good but not really worth what I paid for them.
Extremely pleased with my purchase ☺
I will NEVER use this 'family friendly' supplier again. I paid for a Banbury chest of drawers which arrived very badly damaged with a shattered top left hand corner with splinters sticking out. I complained and this was replaced today but I was told it would be delivered at 6.20 am and that I had absolutely no choice about it even though I explained I'm 74, in poor health and that time in the morning is terrible for me (or probably for most people). The staff were obdurate and inflexible though superficially polite. When I said I would never have bought from them had I known that it would be delivered at 6.20 am, the girl said 'you should have asked'!!! It never entered my head that anyone would think it was ok to deliver a paid for item at that time and not offer the customer any choice whatsoever, so of course I didn't ask. One thinks of 'unknown unknowns'.... I was told I could wait for the following week but it could be the same time anyway and there was no way the courier could alter anything so as to deliver to me at the end of the route (9.00 am) rather than the start. I was told they would put it back to 7.00 am and lo and behold this morning they arrived at 6.20 am. This is unheard of customer treatment to me and I am still shocked that I had absolutely no choice. Everyone I told (young and old has reacted with 'whaaaat'! 6.20 am. It's very inconsiderate treatment and since Chiltern Oak choose their courier, I consider the responsibility lies with them.
When I bought the Hampshire oak hanging wardrobe, I looked at the amount of assembly. It stated ‘requires some assembly’ which is totally untrue, as it required total assembly. Though not terrible to put together, I would never have bought it having known this. As far as I’m concerned this would not suit many customers who like me didn’t want to have to find someone to assemble it for me.
I ordered two bedside cabinets, tallboy, dressing table and mirror from the Florence range. Order was confirmed straight away, with delivery two weeks later. Had text to confirm day and 3 hour time slot. Very polite delivery team. One of the pieces was damaged, I emailed with photos and had very prompt response informing me they would arrange collection of damaged piece and replacement. Again, kept me informed. Replacement piece arrived yesterday. Five stars deserved. One of the biggest things for me is keeping customer informed and I was very impressed with how professional you are. I will be ordering another piece in this collection soon. The furniture range is great. Thankyou.
Beautiful piece of furniture. Excellent customer service, answering all my questions before purchase, even arranging a sample of the pain colour. Delivery was a little later than advised, but the tow delivery men were great. Very helpful and very polite and apologetic for the lateness.
Chiltern Oak Furniture is rated 4.71 based on 2,700 reviews