BP Chargemaster Reviews

+44 (0)1582 400 331

sales@bpchargemaster.com

500 Capability Green

Tell us how BP Chargemaster made you happy
Very impressed with the engineer Alan who fitted our homecharger. His professionalism and efficiency was second to none. After the fitting he cleaned away any mess and gave us instruction on the operation of the charger.
Well done BP Chargemaster, the customer service on the phone was excellent especially responding to my particular installation . Then arranging s engineer to instal was great a three week timetable shrank to 3 days with engineers fitting in around us. All installed , nice engineer all works
Matthew
Decided to go with Bp Chargemaster for our new Mini Electric. Initial coms was very slow and frustrating. Back and forth with numerous forms and pics of where we wanted it installed, the fuse box and the mains supply. If they were clearer on what they wanted to see as part of the application process this could have been done in one go. i.e. readable pic of serial number on fuse box, not just a pic of fuse box. Installation date set, installer arrived on time. Mike Kirwin was polite, professional and courteous. Was worried about typical additions fees but he walked me through what was going to happen, gave me a couple of options of how he could access the fuse board and got on with it. I work from home so was worried about him turning the electric off but he was kind enough to work round my diary and calls and in the end only turned the power off over lunch and for less than 20 mins. Tidied up, quick demo and job done. Thank you - So, upfront process is a nightmare and lots of wasted time and calls. To a point I decided I wanted to cancel my order. Installation is quick and a great service. Does it work and is it reliable? Holding my breath!
Simply brilliant from start to finish. Great customer service. Absolutely fantastic electrical engineer installer. Well done to all, especially in these difficult times.
Excellent service, fully informed of when the unit was to be installed, all work completed on time and to a high standard. No issues todate with the operation of the unit.
Did what they said, charger works perfectly. Very happy.
Speeds up the charging. Easy to use
Everything works perfectly and it’s simple to use.
Convenient
Right from the start communications with BP Chargemaster were prompt and informative. The whole procedure for installing my charging point was carefully outlined and information requested from me was clearly explained. On the day of installation I received notification from both BP Chargemaster and the fitter, confirming the appointment and giving an accurate ETA. The fitter, SERGIO BERENGUER was fantastic, carefully outlining what he would do in clear terms. He respected my home, created a minimum of disruption and tidied up after himself. I highly commend his professionalism and would recommend him to all. The unit itself is functional and unobtrusive. I am happy with the unit and how smoothly the installation process went from initial contact to a follow-up call asking how the installation went and how the unit was working.
I commend BP Chargemaster and their professional approach to the installation of EV charging units and will use them in the future if necessary. I will also recommend them to friends and family.
Well done BP Chargemaster and Well done SERGIO BERENGUER.
Excellent product, great service from Engineer when fitting. Small thing I need an engineer to come back to re-assemble joint where cable joins unit. It has come unscrewed. I would be grateful if you could arrange.
Excellent work by two very professional individuals.
Very good service and installation
Very professional company from sales to installation. I worked for BP upstream and bpchargemaster is as good as the general company overall. Recommended.
I was dubious about using Chargemaster after reading the reviews, but I had no such issues. I dealt with various people in the office who were courteous and helpful. They even managed to pull my installation date forward. Their admin process may not be the most slick and the OLEV requirements are a little onerous, but the latter is the same for all installers. The installation itself was fantastic. I was lucky and had a veteran Chargemaster installer who took his time and a real pride in the quality of his workmanship, producing a really neat and tidy result. I can't comment on the longevity of the unit at this point, but looks sturdy enough. The app doesn't offer much value-add, but I only have a PHEV battery to charge and a flat rate electricity tariff, so a basic scheduling capability is more than enough. I can see/do anything else via the car's own app. Very happy so far.
I've seen loads of negative reviews about BP Chargemaster. I've had a different experience, so happy to redress the balance...

The installation came free, as part of a deal on a new EV. In view of the appalingly bad online feedback, I asked lots of questions of them before installation. They answered all my concerns clearly, although occasionally it did take a few days to get a reply (not unreasonable). For my part, I provided all the site survey photos they required. This does take quite a long time, espec as I am over 40 and therefore have no idea what a mobile phone camera is.

I did have to get some preliminary electrical work (several hundred pounds) done as my electric supply to the garage was pretty ropey and I should have had it done years ago anyway, irrespective of the charger.

There was no significant delay on installation. In fact they had 'phoned me even before I had taken delivery of the car and set a provisional date less than a month away.

There were some technical issues which needed additional photos and discussion between Chargemaster and UK Power Networks. I was kept informed about the progress and outcome of these discussions, whcih was positive.

I received an email well in advance with a confirmed installation date (even earlier than the provisional date).

The installer phoned in person the afternoon before installation to introduce himself and check for any special issues, which was reassuring and useful (needed directions as we are prone to SatNav errors).

The installer arrived earlier than expected, which was not a problem for us. Noel was chatty (in a good way) but it didn't interfere with his work. He was very safety conscious, to the extent that he spent a lot of time checking with his colleague back at the office about a site-specific issue which could not have been picked up on the pre-installation site photo survey.

Once the go ahead had been received, he was efficient and careful with the installation, making sure I was happy with the position, cable routing etc.

My only beef is that I was not able to have the full 7kW charger installed which I was expecting. This was due to the cabling between my main supply board and the garage. Not BP's fault (it could not be foreseen from the survey photos). My own electrician judged that it was "probably" OK when he had done work on it , knowing it was in preparation for a 7kW unit. there was therefore a disagreement between my electrician and BP's . "Probably OK" is not something I wanted to risk with high power gadgets. Noel was happy to show me the difference in cable size by way of proof of the problem and so, as safety was an issue with the full power unit, I was content to accept his offer of a lower power charger rather than delay installation to upgrade the supply cabling. had I been paying for the install, I would of course have expected an appropriate reduction in price, but that is between Chargemaster and my EV retailer!

The installer made sure I was happy with the charger functions and checked that my EV was actually charging through it properly before leaving.

At time of writing, I have only received the user manual from BP (given to me by the installer before completion), but am expecting other bits (copy of function checklist, installation report, guarantee etc) by email.

As yet, I've been unable to get any joy from the HomeCharge website link I have been emailed. It keeps telling me the password reset link is invalid, but it may be my fault.

I will post again if there are issues with receiving the promised "paperwork" by email or accessing the HomeCharge website.

If you were worried by the negative reviews about BP Chargemaster customers being stung by unexpected additional charges on installation day, I'm happy to report there was not the slightest hint of any additional charges for anything at any stage. This may be partly because I had plagued BP Chargemaster Customer Service in advance of installation with specific queries about this. With the help of my local electrician, any potential problems were sorted out in advance (notwithstanding the supply cable capacity issue, which was not BPs fault). I guess being fore-warned about potential issues is being fore-armed. Perhps some of the bad reviews arise from unrealistic expectations of what could be predicted from site photos alone. My advice is, if in doubt, ASK in advance.

In addition to commending the installer, Noel, I must mention Aga Z in customer service who patiently fielded all my paranoid queries about charges, technical details etc. without frustration or exasperation, and kept me informed at every stage. Thank you to both of them.

Suggestions to BP for potential service improvement:

1) Can you let the installers see the site survey photos in advance of arrival? The 1st Noel saw the distance from mains supply to garage was when he arrived. This caused him concern which might have been ironed out in advance (if only for his peace of mind!)
2) At sites with significant distance from mains supply tails to charger installation site, could you send the customer the minimum spec for the supply cabling, including leakage / resistance tests required, so the customer can have a local sparks test / remediate the supply cabling to the necessary standard before installation proceeds? There is only so much you can tell from a photo of a closed consumer unit, and a 32A MCB doesn't guarantee what size wiring is behind it! I can't be the only customer with a garage some distance from the mains supply. Just a thought.
BP certainly pulled out all the stops on this one. Other companies couldn't even be bothered to send anyone to do a proper survey but BP sent round one of their electricians, Marcus who was prompt, courteous and did a thorough job and explained everything. Two weeks later he was back and did the whole job in 2.5 hours. He explained how everything worked and left no mess 10 stars to him. Whatever BP are paying him, he deserves a rise. I would certainly recommend him and BP
Had my fitted today, Kamar from W Yorks fitted the unit, perfect job, very good personal skills , was very pleased with the job and overall have been very happy with service received from BP . Looking forward to using the app although the hundreds of bad reviews regarding the app is a shame.
Excellent job done and very polite and friendly.
the only set back was is that you either fit a tethered unit with the cable but do not supply the cable for the other unit where you have to connect a cable. the cable fitted at my place colour is already coming off it as it is outside in the sun and rain. It would be better to have a non tetherd unit with the cable supplied for it. thanks Kamal
Charger works very well. The engineer who came to install it was very friendly and professional. Altogether an excellent service
BP Chargemaster is rated 4.23 based on 3,478 reviews