BP Chargemaster Reviews

+44 (0)1582 400 331

sales@bpchargemaster.com

500 Capability Green

Tell us how BP Chargemaster made you happy
Does what it says on the tin.
Marcus Graves of Chargemaster came promptly at 0800 adter 3 hour jouney from Cambridge. He carried out a very thorough testing of the Non RCD Insulator advised by your excellent Sayful Alam. He stated that the electrics installed by Gjf Electrics were well up to standard. He then installed the Chargemaster unit and explained its workings and I then used it to recharge my new Zoe under his supervision. Well done!
However, your telephone answering delays are terrible and need addressing. Note.
Not happy with the isolation switch ,it looks like an indoor switch ,but it was fitted on the external wall
Initial contact to arrange installation wasn't great but once things started moving along was excellent. Easy install, no fuss
All good in the end although the requirement to find and employ ones own electrician to add a new fuse, run the cable tidily and certify the earthing of water and gas pipes was unhelpful.
I can't fault the actual installation service. Firstly, the technician gave us an hour's notice of his arrival at our house which was helpful. Then he found he couldnt use the breaker in the main consumer unit that we had originally envisaged so he found another breaker elsewhere in the house that he could use. However this required more complex wiring to where we wanted the Chargemaster placed and the whole installation took considerable longer than first planned. He completed the job professionally and courteously and we are very pleased with the work
I think they need to update their IT systems so that the information they hold on you is clearer to whoever is dealing with your case.
Pre installation requirements handled well. Customer service trying to book an appointment was appalling spent two hours over two calls trying to speak to someone and sent mails that took days for anybody to respond. Installer was excellent on time and efficient! Just need to improve booking and customer service telephone access by a million miles
Unit quality, functionality and installation all good but initial survey of remedial electric meter/supply work required could have been more thorough.
Didn't expect to be left with offcuts of wiring. Otherwise very good work.
Mike the engineer was polite, efficient and worked quickly and tided up after he had finished the installation. He arrived ahead of schedule, informing me by phone that he would be early. The charge unit was placed exactly where i wanted placed, and is not intrusive in any way. The phase before having the unit installed was done in an efficient and pleasant manner by phone with a lady named Aga. I was kept informed all the way through the process, from start to excellent finish. I am delighted with their work ethic.
Following installation of home charger unit at my home, BP Chargemaster failed to send me: (i) NICEIC domestic electrical installation certificate; and (ii) NICEIC Buildings Regulations Certificate of Compliance. I had to raise complaints with the customer support team - who didn't understand the request and promised the appropriate person would contact me. They never contacted me as promised. I am still waiting to receive: (a) copy of completed QA Checklist form for installation works; and (b) copy of the completed Installation and Functional Test Report for installation works. I have requested these by email and calls to BP Chargemaster's customer support - no response and the documents are not being supplied. Order 102110 and INV 102110300
Installation was smoothly carried out, although the fitter had to wait 1 hour for another fitter to bring the terminal box.
Very pleased with the installation and operation. One small criticism - the design of the plug / cable holder means that the cable sticks out way beyond the reel; it would be better if the holder were placed to the side. The initial quote rose by £50.
Very thorough survey of our house electric installation. Bit strange that, having insisted we fit a whole new consumer unit so that we could provide a circuit not protected by an RCD, Chargemaster then fitted their own RCD to the circuit for the charging socket. So there's a question why we needed to spend over £400 in addition to the £599 Chargemaster charged us.
Information confirming installation date could have been improved but the installation and the product are excellent. I would recommend this company to others as a result.
Fitted with minimum mess - fitter came in good time
All seems OK but have not used it yet!
The charger is easy to use and fits neatly in my garage. However it took many months of sending photos and emails to BP for them to agree that my electricity supply was up to their requirements. There was a need to upgrade the wiring in the garage but it was difficult to get details of what was required. Worth while in the end but hard work dealing with the company. I am happy to give more details on customer service if required
Chargemaster customer services are appalling. You wait ages for someone to answer your call. They make appointments for fitting your homecharger that they fail to keep without explanation or follow up. They fail to pass on the paperwork for the installation of your unit when the person handling it goes on holiday. I could go on. Don't get a home charge unit from them, there are others on offer. I recommend using ecotricity when charging away from home as their charge points are easy to use, have a good record of reliability and use green energy.
BP Chargemaster is rated 4.23 based on 3,476 reviews