BP Chargemaster Reviews

+44 (0)1582 400 331

sales@bpchargemaster.com

500 Capability Green, ,

Tell us how BP Chargemaster made you happy
I have had various and several communications with the company. They asked for many photos and clarifications. They also asked me for some amendments to our current supply in order to comply with their requirements. Finally I got an email from Mr Mohammed Shabir asking for further details. I explained to him that I already supplied all the information. He was very prompt in verifying everything and immediately wrote back to me confirming that he had referred my application to the booking department. I commend Mr Shabir for a job well done.
Fitted the 7th 4 2021, has worked for 2 half -days ,USELESS .Very unreliable ,have no faith in the unit!!!!Fortunately i have not yet collected my EV,hope the problem(s) are sorted out soon.
Worst non existant customer service. Installation went well. No certificate, no reply to emails or queries. App does not work, unable to set charging times for night rate. Customer service refuse to respond to repeated queries. Worst service I ever received. Only used them because it was supplied with mercedes car.
awful service - trying to get unit installed but sent me a link for information that does not work, repeatedly asking for the same information over the phone. No one knows what is going on and most of the information is never recorded on their systems so each time you call them, you have to start from scratch. I am only using them as they are the preferred supplier for Mercedes. I would not use them again
Installation of charger went well but trying to get the electrical installation certificate...... well 6 months since installation and I still haven't got it!!! Great to hear new chargers being installed to help transition to electic vehicles but BPchargemaster customer beware about very poor BPchargemaster customer service support.
Really appalling customer service. The customer service team seem very nice and knowledgeable but their hands are tied by atrocious systems. You are promised a single contact to take you through the process. It doesn't happen and you are passed from pillar to post. Emails are not replied to nor telephone calls returned. It only took me 6 weeks to get my charger installed. The engineer told me he had just fitted one for someone that had waited for 8 months. Considering that you have to pay up front this is unforgivable. Now, 4 weeks later BP pulse telephoned me and sent an email asking for payment. They are really, really stupid. Don't use them.
Completely fed up with our charger. We've had to get Motability involved to get any response out of BP. That, at least, got an engineer out to come and check there was nothing electrically wrong with the box and to check connectivity. Now it's been established it's a software issue, neither us, nor Motability have heard a dickybird since. We have, at least, managed to ascertain that the car will accept a charge when left asleep for a period of time (plugging the granny charger in and switching it on after half hour), so at least we know it's not the car. All I want is a basic timer to turn power on to the car at 1am, it's not much to ask, for goodness sake! Instead, it has to be reset every time we use it and the scheduler doesn't work with my MG (sometimes doing nothing, other times continually charging, then once in a blue moon recognising a schedule set and then nothing more.). The app never spots the car is connected, unless the scheduler is off. Sometimes it won't even charge hubby's Prius with it's own built in scheduler! If it weren't for the fact that Motability supplied the charger and the whole grants system, I'd be asking for my money back and trying to get another make.
Really bad experience. We picked up our new Mercedes on 16 December. Applied end of December. Never able to talk to same person. Keep being asked to send photos of things we have already sent. One helpful person promised lots and delivered nothing. Still don’t know whether they have everything needed and when our charger will be fitted. Can’t believe this is BP and Mercedes.
Slow service, difficult to contact, the App doesn’t work. Will need to get a lot better if the whole country start to use EV’s.
picked up my EV 13th Jan 2021 Still no charger Unable to make contact with anyone despite submitting all the necessary information Looks like the engineers get good reviews on the whole, I wonder I'll ever get to that stage!
The Installation went well but I need a letter showing it was installed by somebody qualified for my landlord or they will get me to remove it
Do not bother with this company, waited 3 months for installation,after being messed about with photos we had to send,was installed with a wrong fuse which would leave our house insurance invalid from a electric fire,found out that fuse was also not put in probably,still waiting for a certificate from the company,still waiting for reply from complaint.keep getting cut off from then when I would say it is a joke if I found any of this funny. They have changed the name to bp pulse but are still incompetent and unprofessional.
yeah not bad. I am glad I didn't pay for any of it - The delays were long but when things finally happened they did fairly quickly. Had insolation switch installed a week early and then the charger a few days later. The tradesman were great and the workmanship is top notch. But now I am waiting for my login details for the portal - Told 3-6 days well it's been over that so I have no idea what they are doing but it's annoying me now.
They lost our application, told us we were booked in then told us we needed to bi-pole our electricity by contacting our provider who then lost our application as well! This has been 5 MONTHS now, cancelled in Feb and still waiting for refund. Shocking service and £400 down still, no reply to emails or calls. BP advertise they are committed to a greener future but from my perspective they are set in the stone age
Daniel was a consummate professional, he explained what he could do and what would be best.
Good service and install went well and worked with me to identify best location
Engineer was prompt and professional. App easy to install and get working. That said, there was a lot of prep that had to be done beforehand (fitting isolator switch and getting metre tails upgraded).
BP charger came as part of the purchase of my new Renault. Initially they couldn't be contacted by the dealership and once the process began it was so inefficient. It has taken almost 5 months since purchasing my car to get the charger installed. Now I am trying to get the App activated, 2 weeks from install and still not active. My personal impression from the start is that BP have tried not to install the charger, asking the same questions via email, looking for problems throughout. One part that did go well was on installation day. The engineer, a sub-sub contractor came, found issues, founds solutions and got the charger up and running. Couldn't fault his attitude or workmanship. When I need another charger I will be avoiding BP if I have a choice. I have also experienced issues with their public network over the last 2 years while running a hybrid. The chargers are down more than they are operational. Poor show for such a big company.
Incredibly poor (ongoing) service. Long wait for installation date. Unit only partially installed on installation date and no date given for completion. Left with an open trench outside house and a car waiting to be charged. Numerous emails left unanswered, a phone team that can't talk to the installation team and numerous promises ... they will call you back ... but they never do. Shame you can't give 0 stars.
The engineer turned up on time and was very pleasant. He explained everything to us,and listened to our opinion. He was very tidy and cleaned up any mess. Our Chargemaster is fitted discreetly.
BP Chargemaster 5 star review on 31st March 2021