BP pulse Reviews

Read BP pulse Reviews

+44 (0)1582 400 331

sales@bpchargemaster.com

500 Capability Green, ,

Tell us how BP pulse made you happy
The only really positive is the guy that installed this. Website is awful, uploading photos then they disappear so you aren't sure if they have uploaded, no contact for weeks after the request. No clear guidance on who or when it will be fitted. A need to then resend all of it again as the name changed and platform. App is shocking and really not user friendly in the anyway. Mixed identity as this review is chargemaster but everything else is pulse.
The home unit was installed quickly and the technician kept me informed about each part of the install. We even chatted about future enhancements in the bp network including the upgrades to the old motorway charge points.
It was great to have my home charger installed, fantastic. Thank you Mohammed for making this possible for reassuring l am happy about everything l can now charge my car at home. Thank you again Mohammed.
This was probably the most satisfying transaction that I have experienced for many years. Communications by telephone and email were efficient while being highly congenial. Every stage of the process happened promptly and when promised. Guidance for customer input was impeccable. All together a first class service.
The installation was fine but after sales customer service is appalling. I'm still waiting for my 'within 48 hours' response nearly two weeks later
Impossible attempt at using a chargemaster point in Newport, in the end an engineer paid for my charge so I could get home- fortunately he was there servicing the unit. The app did not work and contactless payment would not work , very frustrating. Now I cannot find where my balance is on the app, apparently I paid £19 to top up but there is nothing to show this . I have to log onto a defunct Polar app to see this!
I am so very disappointed with bp pulse and it’s service so far. They fitted my charge point and it hasn’t worked since, I have made countless calls to them and have been told someone will call me back but I am still waiting for a call back. It seems that bp pulse are not capable of delivering this device or to be honest customer service.
Great service. Installation was easy & quick.
BP pulse 5 star review on 28th April 2021
Very happy with the service received from BP pulse and they managed to fit the unit ASAP
I wrote a bad review, but I haven't received an email to let me verify that my review is genuine. Please send me one. My reveiw follows: First the good news: my BP Pulse wall box is up and running, charging my Renault Zoe at the expected rate of 7kW. Also, the electrician who came to fit the wall-box was professional and polite, and did an excellent job. However, dealing with the administration of BP Pulse was very frustrating. I requested a different and more expensive wall box (at extra cost to me, naturally) a Myenergi Zappi, to make the best use of the energy from my photovoltaic panels, but, late in the process, I was told "We are BP Pulse, and the wall-box we fit is a BP Pulse one". As I wanted the £500 grant from Renault, that's the decision I reluctantly accepted, but I felt that this customer's wishes were not being respected. The form to fill in on my mobile phone was an exercise in sheer frustration. I found I needed to restart filling in the form from the beginning each time I took a photograph, and I eventually filled it in on my laptop, with photos fed in to the laptop from my phone. The website wouldn't accept my photo of my MPAN number, and the means of manually filling in the MPAN number wouldn't accept more than 11 digits, whereas mine has a letter and 21 digits. There is something that felt exploitative about the way the sequence of web pages is set up: the customer needs to click a link to indicate his/her commitment to going ahead with the purchase before finding out what the cost is going to be! In summary, if it weren't for the £500 grant from Renault I would have had my wall box fitted by a different firm.
Long wait to be installed but installation went very well and was carried out efficiently.
All fitted without any fuss. Haven’t used it yet but I’m sure it will be fine
Installers who were sub-contracted by BP pulse were professional and provided good workmanship. The 2 month process to get the installation booked (which could really have taken 2 weeks, if it were not for slow responses and repeated requests for information I had already provided) was fragmented and frustrating. They are clearly struggling to meet demand - either through high demand or improper resourcing.
The BP Pulse charging system came included in my purchase of my Smart car, whether that had something to do with the absolutely disgusting poor level of service I received from BP Pulse I dont know, All I know is out of choice I would never use them again, it took over 2 months to get my charger fitted with no responses to emails and taking so much time to come back to me, honestly one of the worst companies I have ever had to deal with, steer clear!!!!
Very courteous and professional fitter who did a great job. Otherwise, where do I start? 1. The website to order your installation looks like a neat solution but takes so long to upload photos that it kept timing out. 2. I was given 5 different installation dates in successive emails. 3. The engineer actually turned on the one date I couldn’t do despite mails and calls over 3 weeks to which I got no or little response 4. The app is really poor, needing a password every go and often getting the charging status wrong. My sister paid £100 less for a flawless PodPoint Installation.
Fitted last week fitter was very professional and polite was installed in 3 hrs . Looks nice on our wall . Would recommend Bp Chargemaster to anyone getting a ev car .
Firstly the good news. The home charger electrician and support desk staff were great but everything else is just a disaster. BP Pulse is clearly struggling. Emails lost, long delays to hear back from them, a useless App which is a complete mess 45 minutes waiting time to get through to the support line, etc etc. My lease car meant I had to use them but if you have an option go elsewhere.
I am a veteran EV / PHEV owner and whilst had no issues with BP Chargmaster in ordering, having it installed or getting the app up & running. I was upgrading my old faithful Podpoint 7KW non tethered charger that had given up the ghost connecting to the App. The New Chargemaster unit However came free with my new Mercedes GLE350DE (had to pay £350 as you can't claim more than one grant) and I wanted tethered because it handily came with a 32amp cable which is crucial to achieve a full 7kw charge. So far so good and as a passive charger it works perfectly that would get it a full 5 star rating. Where it all goes horribly wrong is when you want to control the timer using the Smartcharge App to a) take advantage of off peak electricity or b) charge only to 80-90% to protect the battery if the car is not being driven the next day. As my friend Nik Hamilton discovered its near as useless resulting in either no charge or a full charge when yo don't want it. The issue appears to originate in the way the charger communicates with the app. It has a built in sim which communicates with BP rather than simply using a WiFi connection which would placecthe app & charger on the same network. The app communicates with BP and back to the charger via the sim & vice versatile. Despite my vast experience its not resulted in success in over 6 months the app says the car is connected when it's not & vice versa ot advises that is charging when it's not & vice versa. The BP help line do try their best but you can tell they are completely brow beaten & as frustrated as I am. This is a terrible shame as the charger without the app works 100% everytime with a full 7kw charge given using the 32amp cable
Communication poor. I had to make all the enquiries re progress of application. Since being fitted no correspondence received re bp pulse card. No registration accepted for Smartcharge App
BP pulse is rated 4.13 based on 3,664 reviews