BP Chargemaster Reviews

+44 (0)1582 400 331

sales@bpchargemaster.com

500 Capability Green

Tell us how BP Chargemaster made you happy
Thanks to Joe he was very informative and did a very tidy job
Very good service and excellent rapid charger.
Installation of the Chargemaster was excellent. Admin side less efficient with having to send 2 lots of paperwork and a different person every time. Biggest gripe was that we were told on buying the car that total price for charger woulb be £600 less grant. In fact it was nearly £1000. Pehaps you can advise BMW of this real cost. Many thanks - very pleased
The charger works perfectly but the app is a little confusing to use Doesn't show the cost or that the charger is connected or not or that charging is in progress.
I was surprised how soon I as was offered a fitment date. I was offered the next day, but took the option of the following week. The fitment went well with no problems.
Was a bit of delay getting it installed due to my house having an older electrical supply. The installer was very nice and courteous and the process was as pain free as could be. The App is a little unreliable but the charger works fine.
The initial installation was efficient and quick. But it was very disappointing and frustrating that the smart charge app did not work. After numerous calls and emails to which no one gave me a solution I was given a check meter, so that I could monitor my usage. This is imperative as I am a licensed Taxi driver and need to for Tax purposes. What was more annoying was that it took so long to be told that there was a problem with some units and the app communicating that you already knew about but had neglected to tell me prior to purchase. Had I known this a check meter could have been installed at the same time as my charger problem solved. Having said all this the charger is working well with no current problem.
The fitting and booking for the system was very quick and done promptly. However when I went ot use the charger for the 2nd time it wouldn't work although the powers was still going through it as the orange light was on. I rang the customer service number and was on hold for 18 mins and then cut off. I rang back again explained I had been cut off, was put through again to wait a further 8 mins. When I finally spoke to the support tema I was told to turn my breaker switch on and off again, apparently this an instruction via the engineer. This did work but if this is a known cliché IO would have preferred to have been told this rather than spending half an hour on the phone at MY call expense..
All went well
Wouldn’t charge to start with. Ok now
Service on the phone was frustrating - we got worried that we would be allowed a charger based on the load in the house, and our advisor wasn’t able to provide any guidance or clarity on the process. On fitting, the electrician was fantastic. He found a way to install the charger with a fraction of the disruption to the house and saved us a fortune in redecoration. Just wish the surveyor and advisor were as good as the fitter.
Quick installation and service.
Pre sale and fitting very good. App poor and does give correct information and I don't trust the scheduling The building standards certificate came with the wrong address on it so not legal document, rang to arrange for it to be changed told by engineer to just cross it out and write correct address!!! not acceptable !! rang to complain told it would be corrected and resend still waiting 10 days on
Very efficient booking and install process - thank you
Overall the unit does a great job of charging our car and is convenient. We have an ongoing issue where the unit stops charging and has to be reset at the mains on a regular basis to continue charging. This varies but ranges from once every couple of weeks to once every few days. It resolves the issue but is also frustrating. Chargemaster are aware of the issue but seem unmotivated to resolve as technically the unit still charges after having to intervene on a regular basis. Apparently the issue is down to the embedded mobile sim which sends telemetry back to Chargemaster - something that is not required by me (as the app is a waste of time) but will stop the unit charging if it can't "phone home". Customer service whilst acknowledging the issue keep telling me someone will call me back - despite chasing them every few days this never happens. I can't help but feel they are trying to sweep this issue under the rug.
Very efficient and helpful communication with staff. Because my install was a bit complicated, they sent their electrician to do a site survey and we discussed the options. He could not have been more helpful and returned to do the installation about a week later. The charge unit is a tethered version and it would have been useful if the cable was about a meter longer. I have had to reboot the charger once as it was not charging the car. The webpage showing charge data is very basic. I have not yet tried the phone app
I am very happy with the EV charger installation. Everything was carried out in a friendly and professional manner.
App is not at all helpful
Booking process was straightforward and quick. Engineer arrived on time and was excellent. The unit is working perfectly. Only negative is the app which is poor, but I understand an update is due soon.
efficient service, very friendly and helpful electrical engineer who did the installation
BP Chargemaster is rated 4.29 based on 2,888 reviews