CCTV Builder Reviews

Leading supplier of Security/CCTV products in the UK

info@cctvbuilder.com

Unit J - Broughton Business Park, Caxton Rd, Fulwood, Preston PR2 9BT

Tell us how CCTV Builder made you happy
I have recently placed two small orders with CCTV builder for intruder alarm components. I have previously had no contact with this supplier and found them through their website.

The reasons I chose this supplier are that their prices were excellent, the delivery charges reasonable and the components were readily available.

The delivery of the first order was entirely satisfactory but something went badly wrong with the second.

Dispatch of the secomd order took nearly 3 weeks and eventual notification of despatch was very confused coming not from CCTV Builder in Preston, but OBBS in Bolton. It seems that OBBS have the next site in Fulwood to CCTV Builder. Are they the same company?

I was unable to contact CCTV Builder by telephone; messages left on an answering machine were never answered.

I was notified that the order would be delivered on the 28th September and DPD would let me know the time of delivery. The goods eventually arrived on the 29th.

The packaging was entirely inadequate. The goods were simply put in a polythene envelope with no other protection at all. Fortunately the goods were undamaged.

I understand that the company might be working under exceptional circumstances but I would want some assurance of much better service than for my second order and some information about who I am dealing with before placing another.
It started off well in that the prices were competitive and everything that I needed was in stock according to the website.

Having placed the order my delivery didn't turn up when expected and after communicating with them I was told that some items, well actually most of the items, were due to arrive from the supplier in the coming days. So, not only was my delivery slot missed but when questioned, the items weren't even available some time after the delivery was due. How does that work? So much for "in stock".

In fairness, they shipped what they could once prodded and the rest then came soon afterwards.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt. On my second order, it was just the same in that only when I nudged them did the items suddenly appear to ship.

Communication with their admin email address never resulted in a response, only via the sales email address (which I came across by accident).

Having now installed everything, one item is faulty, as diagnosed between myself and the manufacturer. I've asked cctv builder three times what the returns procedure is. There has been no response whatsoever, not even via the sales email address.

I'm lucky in that the defective item didn't cost much and I will probably have to write this off and buy another elsewhere. I'm thankful that it wasn't a big ticket item.

I worked in customer service and ran my own customer service company for many years. Customer service is important to me and appreciate the difficulties both as a customer and as a service provider. My expectation is, I feel, reasonable, but I feel both ignored and mislead in my dealings with cctv builder.
Having confirmed the receipt of my order on Thursday 7th May I was
disappointed when I did not receive the purchase until Saturday 16th May.
CCTV Builder is rated 4.71 based on 149 reviews