Cavells Reviews

of reviewers recommend Cavells
Read Cavells Reviews

info@cavells.co.uk

16 Mill Street

Not great experience - given my purchase was cancelled due to a design flaw with the product I purchased (Veja trainers) - the product shouldn’t have been available in the first place if faulty.
No word on my returns status. Not allowed to reserve the size I'm exchanging for so would have to re-purchase... I don't think I'll be re-purchasing.
Positives, very quick delivery and very quick refund after item returned. Negatives, I had to pay £9 to return a coat that was wrongly labelled with a Cavells store Label as a size 16 and had a dutch size 42 label in the coat. Reno and Pelle are a dutch brand and a size 16 is a size 44. I was sent a size 42. On that basis I would not shop with Cavells again.
Sent me a garment which was clearly damaged. This should have been spotted at the point of packing and dispatch. They apologised on email but blamed the manufacturer rather than accepting that it shouldn't have been sent at all. I wonder whether they thought I'd not notice, especially since the item was greatly reduced in their sale?
Ordered a pair of trainers, all went through then received an email saying that they didn't have it and I would get a refund in 5 days. Not the best for a 1st experience shopping with them
The box came absolutely ripped and the shoes had a tear in the rubber of the sole
Visited your smaller store in Oakham and fell in love with a pair of sandals in sale Assistant told me you did not have my size. In navy She also told me that they came in white but did not have my size. She did not go to look! Visited your larger store but none there either Returned to the smaller store again and was attended to buy another assistant VERY HELPFULL she gave me the item no to go on line too try and locate the sandals else were That evening found the sandals in white and ordered the white pair They came from your smaller Oakham store were I had been told by the first assistant there were none in stock As I live In Oxfordshire I had too pay postage on an item that was in store because the first assistant did not go and look All the other assistants in store were very nice and friendly
I returned the shoes I had ordered and requested a smaller size. Because the size I wanted wasn't available, I was refunded instead - minus the cost of P&P it cost me to return them. As I've ended up with nothing, sorry, but I resent having had to cover the cost of postage myself. I feel this should have been covered.
I paid for next day delivery on a Thursday and received item the follwoing Tuesday?
This was the first time I had bought fro Cavells. I particularly wanted the Rosamunde tops. I found the website quite misleading. It appeared to suggest that all the Rosamunde items were 50% off, under each item it even said how much was saved but at checkout the items I ordered did not generate a discount. In fact the discount applied to only one item. I will be wary of ordering anything from Cavell's online again, although may make the effort to come to Oakham. I am thrilled with the items I did receive.
Purchased a pair of boots via the website but was disappointed with the finish of them when they arrived and the box lid was bashed in also. Did not meet my expectations in terms of quality or condition and feel that it is unfair that I have now got to pay to return them to Cavells. Have emailed the company twice requesting a pre-paid returns label or the option of them exchanging them for a pair in pristine condition but have heard nothing. Will be returning them and won't be bothering to order from them again.
very slow at processing refunds
The product was quite grubby and I had to take it straight to the dry cleaners! It was a sale item and I liked it otherwise I would have sent it back! This has never happened to me before even with sale stock!
I placed an order for some sandals I really liked but four days later I was informed that in fact the sandals were no longer available? I was disappointed I must say, it said the sandals were available when I ordered?
I ordered this item because the website stated it was 100% cotton. When it arrived it was lambswool and labelled as such. You can understand my annoyance at having to pay return postage for what is obviously your mistake.
Cavells is rated 4.77 based on 671 reviews