Castle Cover Reviews

02AM
2AM

info@castlecover.co.uk

Tell us how Castle Cover made you happy

"Had car insurance for a long time with Castle Cover While trying to replace a lost certificate online the agent was unable to say who car insurance was transferred to when they stopped doing car insurance. If insurers all share information - why could they not do this. Really unhelpful and unprofessional. Do not recommend them."
Are you Castle Cover? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Paid castle cover for years, When I moved and my 50 tv was broken they wouldn't pay out. Well out of order."
"Been loyal for years to Castle, claimed once for storm damage to roof. Claim rejected! What’s the po8nt of having insurance?! Their inspectors ar3 probably paid for reporting for a negative outcome for customer."
"Castle home insurance opperative kept asking this stupid question ( HAS MY DOOR GOT LOCK BS blablabka. Stupid bloke he would not renew my insurance unless i could say that, absurd and abrupt, i went elswhere. JUST LIKE THE TV ADD NOW SAYS ITS STUPID get sorted castle cover.."
"Cancelled my car insurance cover this morning with this mob and at the end was told of a cancellation fee of £51 to be paid because of early cancellation. RIP off mob."
"Mother died so cancelled the policy, no mention by the customer service rep that there was anything owing. Got a letter confirming cancelation, then 3 days letter a demand for payment on an outstanding balance, and saying they needed payment in 7 days. I am ok to pay any balance, but the letter was terse and almost threatening. Dreadfull service, for somebody managing a bereavement. I guess this explains why they no longer take business. Shame on them And there parent company."
"Awful rip off company. DO NOT USE THEM !!!!!! They just charged me £50 to cancel cover because I moved mid term of their contract. Omg. Awful rip off"
"Watch out for your renewal, they invite you for renewal but unlike most insurers they do not automatically renew your policy so unless you call them it will cancel. Also log in online and none of your documents are there. Also ring up to renew the day after your policy expires (because they've sent you an email to say expired) then they say they cant renew your policy now and have to go through to new business call center. Absolute rubbish!!!"
"Useless system and staff left and right hands don't know what the other is doing no communication between teams,When I tried to cancel I was told there would be a fee even though it was before the renewal date .WHAT A CON."
"I am very pleased with this company and hope to do business with them again."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
"Be warned do not take out House Insurance with this Company, they will try every trick under the sun not to pay out. I had roof damage caused during a very bad storm, they assessed it as 'wear and tear' and refused to pay for the damage. I took my case to the Ombudsman and won! Even then Castle Cover waited until the absolute deadline before reluctantly paying out. A disgraceful example of the Big Company versus the Small Punter, who won! Do not entertain them!"
"After my father had a leak I found his policy only to be shocked at him paying £450 per year. Then I contacted them to start a claim only to be told they do not cover water leaks??? Then to be told to claim for the ceiling I need to bear in mind the compulsory and voluntary excess is £450..... they have been ripping off my father with their extortionate prices since 2012.... what insurance does not include water??? Majority of household claims are for bursts!!! What a joke....in my personal opinion they are preying on the vulnerable. Certainly will NOT be renewing"
"When my father passed away, I had to reinsure his property until it was sold. As it was it was sold within a month, so had to claim a refund. I have now been waiting three months for the money to be repaid. The excuse being "There is a backlog"... I don't believe it. The last email I had said they would bet back to me within 5 working days....You've guessed it.............. Nothing... Bloody useless !!"
"Phoned up to make a small claim, found out we are no longer insured with them, for 1year 4months, they say they wrote to us to say they will no longer insure us as they have stopped doing the over 50 insurance ! The only claim in 10yrs with them was a hearing aide, my husband is fanaticle about insurance policies, if they had written such a letter to us he would have phoned them on receipt of the letter instantly, over a week now as yet they have not got back to us, and we are still not insured. Is this a fair way to treat loyal customers ?"
"Very poor! Paid by direct debit and sold car part way through year. Received a letter stating I needed to pay a final charge, with no further explanation or breakdown. Emailed to ask for details (insurance balance/admin fee) and heard no further. A month later (with no further communication from Castle Cover) I started receiving calls from a debt recovery firm. It turns out they had passed the debt on! Complete lack of communication, would never use or trust again."
"VERY POOR i decided to insure with ageas through these people ,i have in the past with no problems but this time i had a badly trained opperative that had no idea what he was doing ,i rang off to hopefully speak to a second male at castle cover , hopeless in the end i spoke to a third male that was polite and knew his insurance , was helpfull. Castle cover train your phone opperative they are rude slow uninformed , surely it will cost you custmers, im insured with you for 12 mnths but next year i look elswhere."
"Quote for this year's house insurance - doubled in price. Never claimed since commencement of policy. Have gone to "A Spokesman Says" and got the same policy for £9.79 instead of 276.29 - Appalling"
"Very poor overall performance, reluctant to settle a claim, will point you in the direction of the 'small print' be advised, do not use."
"Excellent value for money , and very good service."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 years ago
"What a bunch of money ???? grabbing so and sos Don't use really DONT USE . If you have a claim good luck they will try every trick in the book ???? not to pay out ONCE AGAIN DONT USE"
Castle Cover is rated 4.09 based on 600 reviews