CarStore Dundee Reviews

CarStore Dundee 5 star review on 29th December 2020
James Patton
CarStore Dundee 5 star review on 18th December 2020
Lesley Smith
Car got handed over to me all the chips and scratched plastic not done. One off the employees putting touch up paint on wing mirror when I was sitting watching. The car was not clean inside there was fag ash and tobacco in arm rest outside the same
This company is only interested in getting you to buy the car. They sold a car to me which had a burn on the driver seat witch they fixed (my 3 old could fix it better) no filler for a puncher repair no service book. Never again.
I drove my car home (30 min drive Dundee to Arbroath) roof jamed down, wouldn’t go back up. CarStore refused to help me even though they were aware my roof was jamed down and parked at the sea on the road. No garage or driveway. They then refused to answer their phones when I called back 6pm Thursday 24th. I live at the beach so car was parked, roof open a few meters from the sea. My RAC picked up my car and took it to Montrose to get it undercover for the night before returning it to Dundee next morning. I have no car for work. I work in Dundee. I have no idea what is happening with my car or where it is now. Disgraceful service and attitude from Peter Vardy Dundee. I will be making sure everyone knows of this experience, I am disgusted to be treated in such a way. I’m a cash buyer and will not go near PV CarStore again!
It was a cockup from start to finish ,
When we made the initial enquiries about various cars we kept on getting mixed information whether the car had been sold or not. One of the first cars we wanted to look at was from the Perth store. We where eventually told this car had been sold but when we spoke to Perth they said it was still unsold. We went through one of the managers in the Dundee store who said he would contact Perth to find out what was going on. Disappointingly we never received a call back. We then found another car that was in Dundee but when we went to view it had also been sold but where offered another car. We decided to go for this one and where told it was priced at £4500. The manager who spoke to us in the store sent the paperwork through via email and when we checked it the price had risen to £5500!! After questioning this price we where told that the initial price was incorrect and the price on the paperwork was the right one. I find this very disappointing as our decision to take the car was based on this initial price. We did manage to get the price down to £5200 but this still fell short of the initial price we where told. We decided to take the car but because it was getting close to "month end" the store wanted a quick sale but when eventually viewed the car it still required some remedial work. We viewed it in Aberdeen on the 31st October but the Store wanted it to be sold this day so it was decided that the remedial work would be carried out after the sale. As advised we did a bank transfer of the money but due to it being close to closing time we had to wait until it showed up on Vardy,s system but when we where told by the bank that it wasn't going to show until after 9 we where then left by the dispatch team because there wasn't going to be a sale that night. We were only told later that we could have used our bank card and the sale would have gone through that night. It was decided that we would leave the car in the garage to get the work carried out. This was some bodywork remedial work, the wing mirror that wasn't motering and the key which was falling apart. We where due to pick it up the following week but got a phone call saying that the paint hadn't cured properly so there was a 48hr delay. When we did pick the car up we later found out the mirror was still not working so we had to put it in again the following week but Vauxhall sent the wrong part so we had to keep it in longer than first advised. We had an issue with the key and the new key that was replaced by the store as there was a coding issue with the car. The store did put it through Vauxhall to be resolved which it was. We had issues all through this process getting information as communication was very poor. We kept on getting told that the Store was very busy and especially around "month end". I find this a very poor excuse and lacked customer service. Eventually all issues got resolved but the whole process to longer than it should have and we have not had this kind of experience at any other garage. To summarise due to the incorrect price and very poor after sales we seriously consider not using this Store again. One positive was our Sales Executive John Dodds who was very good through this process and he helped us deal with all the issues we had.
Was sold a car that had what looked like accident damage....multiple things wrong under bonnet ! Was lied to on more than 2 occasions as PV staff claimed nothing was wrong with car although 2 separate ford garages said otherwise. Absolute headache for my wife who was driving the car! Treated her like an idiot telling her the noise coming from vehicle was just the sound it should make!! Very stressful experience that you would expect from the likes of Arnold Clark, disappointing from a company that claims to give good customer service. Had the car for a month and issue still not resolved!! AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!
"I picked up my 2015 car on the 30th September ,didn't think for one minute I should go round car and check bodywork ,big mistake. There were dent\/scuffs on car.I drove straight back to showroom and was then told there was no courtesy car available until the 12th of October .to say I am not happy with Peter vary is putting it mildly. I still can't believe how poor the service has been \r\n"
Selling cars is one thing. Selling cars from Dundee Carstore which do not comply with UK Trading Standards and(!) Peter Vardy's own standards is another! Icing on the cake was after e-mails & phone calls to address the car issue, Megan Linden (Customers Services Head Office Glasgow) claimed there was nothing wrong with the car and swept the claim for compensation under the carpet. So much for 'value your Clients'. Score for Peter Vardy's company reputation and services is VERY POOR and would not recommend Peter Vardy's Carstore Dundee to anyone.
Nothing but bother from this store wouldnt even give a star 2 weeks of hell from the aftersales team. Disgusting!
The car has been given faulty....not happy at all...
Only had car not even a day and noticed strange noise from engine, also engine management light came on mechanic checked over said was a valve then was told turbo needed replaced then mechanic said no turbo fine car fine after 4 days being in garage get car back not even a day and low and behold engine management light comes on again.i asked them to check if been a recall on Car got told no and then I told them there is a recall to be told no that's an old recall. Have now been told from dundee store there is a recall and that should fix the problem but I'm not hopeful it will sort the problem that the mechanic called a standard noise when 2 people I had look at car have said same thing. Nothing but an inconvenience and totally fobbed off wasted my children's hoildays as we been given a courtesy car that isn't big enough for our family and my wifes business. Wish I hadn't bothered with Peter vardy. I know it's a new store but it's not a new company!! The only 5* rating I would give is to our sales man Craig ross he was professional, friendly and did everything he could to help us find a car to suit our needs .
Not sure if you really care to be honest - I feel like I have been either ignored or passed from pillar to post and still no further forward.

However, the Sales Advisor, Craig King was the only reason Peter Vardy secured the deal. He was exceptionally well mannered and polite and did everything he could to assist and ensure I got a really good deal. Craig is the reason why I would recommend Peter Vardy.

Just a shame we have been let down by the mileage on the car and over charge on the road tax.
Everything! Communication system is very poor. They don't keep to promises made. Staff don't appear to know how to deal with issues - promise to do so but don't keep promise,. Don't return phone calls and difficult to get through anyway. Recorded advert on "call waiting" assures customer Peter Vardy is more interested in a satisfied customer than in making a sale - this phrase is totally inaccurate as it is obvious customer satisfaction is bottom of the list of priorities - they take customer cash then ignore issues arising. Advising my friends to avoid Peter Vardy and sorry I ever visited
No communication, promised callbacks that did not happen, laughed at by rude staff. Did not feel valued since the sale was completed - after sales customer service is non existent. There is now a fault with the car that I've had for two days.
Arrived to collect vehicle atallocated time, was kept waiting almost 2 hours
, was not shown around the car. I pointed out an oil leak but was told by Salesman & mechanic it was air conditioning.I phoned the following day with faults glass in boot, no sat nav in car
, no mot & dent in door previously advised would be fixed still not fixed I was assured someone would call the following day no call ever came, however the following day we returned the car with an oil leak. No colleagues available to deal with our compliant, had to wait one & a half hour for courtesy car to be organised. We had this car for a week before we heard from yourselves to be told oil leak fixed, however none of the other faults had been fixed so we refused to collect until these were rectified.we collected our car on 30th June, had it until 3rd July & then collected it once repaired on 14th July. Why a vehicle would be put out in such poor condition doesn't do your reputation any favours.
When i purchased my car i was due to pick my car up and 1 and half hrs before the agreed time which wasn't my choice it was basically forced upon us we got a phone call saying the car wouldn't be ready. I had already phoned my insurance company to change my insurance over so then had to sort all that out again. When we finally got our car 4 days later the car did not have all that was agreed. Only 6 months tax instead of 12 months. Chip in front window and chips in the paint work. On noticing these thing we pointed then out to the handover team and was advised they would be sorted out at a later date when they could arrange it. Also the car was filthy when we recieved it on handover day despite being told it had just recieved a full valet. The interior had hairs on it and there were sticky sweets down the side of the rear seats. Under the seats were covered it crumbs and dirt so clearly had not been cleaned at all. There were fingerprints all over the interior and exterior which apperntly had just been polished, which i agree had been as they never did a good job of it as half the polish was still left on the car causing lots of white lines all over the paintwork. The alloys had not been ckeaned as they were thick with dirt. Again this was all noted to handover team to which the reply was "we had paid an external company to professionally valet this car". Once again we were promised it would be done again while the repairs were taking place.
We then had to constantly phone and visit the dundee store until finally 2 weeks later I recieved a phone call to go to another garage to have the chip in the windscreen fixed. Its now 4 weeks later and still have not heard anything about getting the scratches and chips in the paint work corrected despite contacting the store everyday and being told that the after sales team are busy and would call back which they never do. And when we visit we are told they have finished for the evening despite it only being 5pm. Overall it has been a very unpleasant experience I would notherwise recommend anyone to purchase a car from here.
"Hand over was late to commence.\r\nCard reader wouldn't work causing confusion with my bank. I spent more than 4 hours in the car store that evening. Eventually had to come back the next the day.\r\nI was handed the keys in the showroom and had to ask if someone could go over the controls with me. Reluctantly they did. \r\nI was offered a full tank of fuel and the car's next mot and service by way if compensation for the inconvenience. I have been told I will get a email to confirm this but now, a week, later I am still waiting.\r\nI also still do not have the MOT certificate for the car.\r\nI only have one key.\r\nThe ambient temperature display doesn't work.\r\nThe dipstick for oil was not fully inserted.\r\nNo handbook was given with the car,"
No log book despite numerous calls to Peter vardy. I've had the car nearly 7 weeks now
. Suspect it's never been sent to DVLA and hopefully it's not been lost by the incompetent staff in Dundee.
CarStore Dundee is rated 4.77 based on 2,715 reviews