CarStore Dundee Reviews

CarStore Dundee 5 star review on 29th December 2020
James Patton
CarStore Dundee 5 star review on 18th December 2020
Lesley Smith
My most recent experience with Bobby Miller was a good one, he was very helpful and his communication skills were what was required and more.

The following comments in no way reflect on my experience with him.

Unfortunately this was not enough to turn around the sour experience of buying a car overall, I had bought a car in November, after having it for 2 days, the thermostat had went. after handing it back, I was told to pick it up 5 days later, I then had the car for 2 days and it started steaming. The technician had a look and said he would get back to me. the car was in for almost 3 months and had a new engine fitted.

After receiving it back, the auto start stop was causing problems. After breaking down at a petrol station, I had green flag pick me up and drop the car off back at Peter Vardy Car store Dundee, After speaking with a few of the salesmen, I was told that I would be best getting the finance company to rewind the finance and hand the car back. Turns out the car needed a new starter motor and battery along with new earthing straps.

I then got to speaking about getting another car and was told that they would be able to work it out so that I was not losing any money on the first car. Turns out that I have lost out on over £2000, I am still waiting on receipts for all the work done, then I will be taking it to a financial advisor.
Hi our experience has not been the best we were sold a Ford kuga that had to be brought down from Aberdeen which took over a week to come down nobody from Dundee bothered to call us we always had to call to see if it was in when we viewed the car we noticed that the windscreen was chipped in the centre also the rear parcel shelf was faulty and paintwork inside the door which we were told all wood be sorted by Monday ready for collection I had my doughts but Monday came and went no phone call to say it was ready or not ready but we got a call on Tuesday it would be ready on Wednesday which we could not make so Thursday 6pm we had a great lady do the hand over she was really helpful can't praise her highly enough about your only employee I will we drove the car home when I noticed that none of the faults we were told would be we went back to the store only to be told that nobody from the service side was there and somebody would call in the morning how can a car that has a stone chip in the middle of the windscreen be missed on your 100+ check that we kept getting told about when we buying the car is beyond me and the other 2 faults but I have a very bad feeling about this car
More of a night club that a car store. Whilst initially I got a car I wanted, from there is just goes down hill. No communication at any stage and I had to do the chasing - which mirrors the feedback online from other customers.
The salesman was excellent however the buying experience was not pleasant as we were let down on our first choice as the vehicle was below standard, had it not been for the trust I place in Mo Kola I would have taken my money and gone to another garage. He was exceptional and it was not his falut that the first car I picked was not of a standard expected.
I had the car for 1 day and the indicator in passenger light has went out
deliverly took too long, was told cetain work had been done on the car when it hadn't been.
I was in twice and saw the car i payed a deposit 5 days before arranged pick up and i even spoke to sale person twice before pick up day . Ehen i arrived the car was not ready and i had to hang around with my 2 year old for over 3 hours . With no pram for her she was very upset and fed up . To then find out the satnav is not workint as sd card is tge wrong one. Still waiting for a new one . I do hope it comes or a formal complaint will be going in . The whole reason i bought the car was for satnav so im not happy about this . To then get car home and find thw front lights is not working to phone and be put on hold over 4 times to then get someone who says bring car back for a look peter vardy is way out thw way for me so ive decided to take to my local garage and get replaced myself . As i have lost all faith in your service . And dont think id choice to come back it all seems no one has any idear of whats happing . The sales people where kind and helpful i do give them credit but as for the car being check is not satisfied sevice clearly your 100 odd checks where not done and really lacking and communication is terriable

I have had fundee car store phone and are trying to resolve my problems ive had since this review was posted . So hopefully have my new sd and satnav working soon .
Took 12 days to get my car ready. When i went to pick it up has the engine malfunction light on so now have to return to get it checked. Was told no car goes out with less than 9months M.O.T. My car had just under and was told it would be checked and done when getting ready and now home have realised it’s not been done and will have to enquire about that also. Overall feel the service I’ve been provided is poor and feel the carstore is just after people’s money and not the quality of service.
Car not prepared for collection.not taxed and paint defects pointed out by salesman, not rectified. Workshop staff attempted repairs but not to good standard. I will have paintwork rectified. This was our 6th car from Peter vardy and I would think twice about any future purchase
When picking the car up it have several dents and big chips. This once only looked I complained.

Once someone came to look at the mess I had to argue that the chips were visable from more than 2 meters away.

Once a Manger was involved the they agreed to fix the issues. Sadly some of the touch ups were poor and look the wrong shade.

Dents have been fixed.

When I originally looked at the car it was dirty as it was due to get cleaned.

I have found other simple things like the car was nearly out of oil. This is a simple check that clearly was not done.

To be honest I am not happy with hand over team or after sale.

The sales team were great and very helpful. I would recommend Peter Vardy from a sales point. They have a vast range of cars that will suite differnt needs.
I enquired about a car on Wednesday 16th May through AutoTrader, I asked about getting the car moved up to the Aberdeen branch for my ease but the Aberdeen branch were not making it easy. I decided to just get the bus down on Monday 21st to buy and collect the car in person. When I got there I was informed the car wasn't actually there, but in a compound in Glasgow. After 15/30 minutes of further investigation it turns out the car was actually sold in April. Although Ross was very helpful, and I ended up spending £2k less than planned, I bought a completely different than what I actually wanted to buy, and a completely different car to the sold one that was advertised. Also when I done a final inspection, the spare keys and service book were not with the car, they were in a box somewhere and the service book wasn't even associated with the car, someone had to call the previous garages in the service book to try and confirm it belonged to the car.
Had a problem with my car since the day I collected it. I have tried to contact yourselves to get this resolved multiple times. Almost 2 weeks later and no one has phoned back to get my problem sorted. Shocking aftercare.
Honestly your sales man Tony MacDonald handled it all quite well.
However I feel your system does not work properly when financing the car with another financier. An absolute debacle from start to finish.
Was far from satisfied with your after sales handover team and workshop staff. Sales was fantastic however after mentioning problems that were promised to be resolved all that occurred was more problems and more damage to vehicle when car was unveiled. Pity car was not seen before finance documents were completed as this would have delayed documents being signed for until it was dealt with accordingly. To be given the car on handover with a broken light and with marks on bodywork and interior that were not there before was utterly disgusting and for then to find out it was also not serviced which was all agreed on prior to buying. This does not say much for your (High level of standards). These comments are by no means a reflection on the sales person that sold the car and only reflect on the after sales service personnel. OK
When picking up my new car I questioned why there was a charge of £207.50 for Supagard Paint and Fabric Protection which I did not want and said I didn’t want this at time of purchase but I was told it was too late as it had already been applied to the vehicle. I was then told from the sales advisor that he was sorry he thought he made it clear that was added in which i feel it wasn’t clear as I didn’t want it. I was then told that because it had been applied I would get £250 off another car when I trade my car in which 1. I don’t have it in writing 2. The sales adisor who offered this might not even still be there in 5 years and lastly 3. I might not want to trade my car in as I might just want to keep it. I didn’t have the worst experience ever but I certainly don’t feel I have had the best experience.
Maybe bad luck but only had my car 24 hours and power steering failed
Got told by the salesman that I could pick up my car anytime after 0900 on the Monday. To find out that the car wasn’t ready. Left waiting for 2 hours while they got the car ready. Girl from handover team was great and got everything sorted so I could get the car that day. Clearly a lack of communication between sales and handover team. General feeling of they got the sale and didn’t matter what happened after they got the money.
I cannot fault car salesmen at all, Ross, Dan and James went above and beyond to accommodate my needs however it took EIGHT WEEKS for me to receive my car which wasn't anything that could have been avoided but it made the purchase of my car extremely stressful and at times I felt there was no end to the duration of time I was waiting. I asked to speak to someone higher up at the beginning of July and have still not as of yet had the opportunity to do so, which is frustrating for me as a customer. Some situations with the sale of the car took longer than they should have to be dealt with in my opinion and this resulted in me having no choice but to go through the complaints department.
Car was not ready when required. At one point I was advised that I could not get the car whilst the salesman who sold me the car was on holiday. Clearly incorrect. It should be noted however that the salesman did an excellent job and on his return from holiday kept me well informed of the situation with my car
They never made us happy
CarStore Dundee is rated 4.77 based on 2,719 reviews