CarShop Reviews

1 New Reviews Written
04AM
4AM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact CarShop?

Tell us how CarShop made you happy

Email, Live Chat, Telephone
"Bought a car a few months ago and had nothing but trouble since. Originally I turned the vehicle on after 3 weeks to no other sound but buzzing electricals which even affected the indicators and how they work. The buzzing noise got so loud when that my parking sensors were making a noise that can only be described as screaming. ( enough to cause an accident) I explained the problem but after a diagnostic check I was told there was nothing wrong and due to it being intermittent I had to get a video (whilst I was driving?) if it happened again for evidence. 2 months ago I managed to get a video of the exact same thing happening and took my vehicle and the video of course into the Wakefield branch. They said they would take my car in again and look at it but would not be able to provide me with a courtesy car. I had to decline this offer as I was due to go on holiday and needed a car. Whilst away on holiday the screen completely stopped working in the vehicle so I had no other choice but to drive back from my holiday destination just to book an appointment as I could not get in touch with the call centre and refuse to pay for a faulty vehicle. I turned up to pick up the courtesy vehicle today 2 1/2 months after reporting the issue to be told they do not have any fuel left in the tank so wouldn’t be able to give me this courtesy car that was booked in over a week ago (not to mention the handle is snapped off on the inside of this courtesy vehicle and is a health hazard) It is fair to say I am extremely unhappy with the whole car shop experience and would not be silly enough to recommend anyone visits this place. Especially due to the fact that 2 family members who purchased their vehicles at the same time as myself not have issues with their vehicles electrics, engines and drop links that are being dealt with as we speak from the car shop too."
Are you CarShop? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Unprofessional and rude. I would not recommend anyone buying from the Car shop Northampton. After 18months of taking my car back and complaining, I have just won my case against the car shop as they sold me a car that was not fit for purpose. For 18months they have made excuse after excuse from its my fault, to there is nothing wrong with the car (even after an independent inspection company which they hired confirmed a problem). I have had employees tell me on the phone they want to punch others, I've had one tell me he never wants to see me again, I've had one tell me he had been checking my car for nearly a week at the shop when my car had been at home the entire time and when my car was return after the case being ruled in my favour they rang me asking what was wrong with the car and why it had been brought to the store. Complete joke of a company. Don't let the car shop get away with selling cars that are not fit to sell."
"So....after paying a viewing deposit of £99 I arrived at the Sheffield branch at just after 5pm. I waited a little while to be greeted by a sales agent we will call Tom. We went for a quick chat I had made it plain on a couple of emails prior to my arrival I did not need any finance/loan for the vehicle and I had made it equally plain that I had done my own online history checks of the vehicle (Audi) before arrival....Big hint here to all - Always pay for an online car check report as it could save you thousands and lots of heartache and it gives you plenty of information on the car...anyway car keys were produced and we went off for a short test drive...all seemed good. On return I was left to look over the car and had printed out my own vehicle check list and spent a good deal of time checking the vehicle over to some bemusement of a couple of sales staff! Surely they would do the same themselves if buying a car I thought. Next was the expected sit down sales chat....ooh yes the add ons..which I knew were coming....first the £149 admin fee......supposedly on another post they were told it was optional...uh no never ever was it mentioned it was optional by Tom..mmm I thought what do I really get for that admin fee: a) oh the car will come with a valet....so every car I have previously bought has always been clean and sparkling when handed over at no cost..so I am basically asking for it to be handed over clean then ! b) next V5 paperwork....aaah you mean fill in the slip for change of ownership and hand it to the new owner so they can put it in an envelope and send it off to DVLC (cost = first class stamp) c) HPI check - I told the agent I had done my own due diligence check and paid for that the day before (cost 3 checks for £5.00 online each so what did they need to check that I had not already? d) 114 point inspection...well this is surely the basics if I owned Car Shop I would be obliged to undertake an inspection before selling on the car...not pass this cost onto the future customer...better option for customers to take an experienced mechanic with you if you can and let them do the vehicle inspection for you as it will be truly independent and should provide you piece of mind. Tom then spent an inordinate amount of time walking back and forth around the dealership and not really concentrating on just the one customer...me. Tom spent a number of times at either the front sales desk or had to go and speak with what appeared to be another customer. At one point I could see there was a heated exchange between himself and one of the probable business managers and I pretty much read this as you are not selling it hard enough to the customer. I then caught up with him at the sales desk and asked what the delay was but he promised he would be back soon as I was to be handed over to a business manager.....I sat down for another 20 minutes wait! Tom returned..... Now back to another part of the admin fee....and I asked about the following: e) Checks on documentation supplied and service history - So I asked for the MoT certificate and I was verbally told a date for the last MoT and shown a certificate which showed no advisories...in fact it had very little information on it ! Service history - surely they could produce this important piece of documentation.....aaaah no not really we don't have that and told that it could have previously been a fleet car and therefore I think to myself who buys a car without fully knowing and seeing evidence of the service history ! So we get onto the extras....GardX....mmm £299....uh perhaps not I have a very good friend who has a professional car valet business who does it for less. Tom disappears returns and offers what about £50 less off the GardX....perhaps Tom has had a long day I thought and again said No. I then requested and received the Car Shop checklist for the car....tyre treads I spot...2mm...so I ask what is the legal limit....mmmm pause...types in Google...answer 1.6mm....oh so I stated it would not be long before I need to replace both rear tyres then ? Well we don't let vehicles leave the dealership with illegal tyres...so what does that 2mm figure mean...ie 2mm above the legal limit or just 2mm ? Answer received - We would have replaced and put new tyres on the car....my answer - Really ? I asked Show me the paperwork of tyre purchase and fitting.....(pause) well they may not be new tyres.....So I reply which one is the real answer....New tyres fitted or not so new tyres? Look of confusion on sales agents face and I reply 'You don't which it is and I don't believe you and this is where I stop. I got up and started to leave and one of the possible senior sales agents asked on my way out if everything was alright I said No I am leaving. So the moral of the above blog and some free advice : 1. If you pay are thinking of paying any sort of deposit on a car that is less than £30000 use a credit card and pay a minimum of at least £100 you are then protected by Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Card Act...so if you then pay the rest of the balance of the car off by other means = bank transfer etc the initial paid deposit on your credit card will ensure that any additional payment of balance is also protected = any dispute you have with Car Shop you can directly pursue through the credit card company = much less pain. 2. Do your homework on the car you are going to buy...it's not a small purchase and you don't want it to be a dud - Check paperwork/history meticulously - take an experienced mechanic with you if you can. 3. Consumer Rights Act 2015...easily found on the internet = Knowing your rights = Good Read 4. Perhaps you could follow my own previous route and search out the CEO's contact details and contact them as they are usually not that hard to find. This move unsurprisingly usually provides the major impetus for someone a lot higher than your sales agent to contact you directly from the company to deal with your complaint in a much more expedient manner than it may have done otherwise. 5. If all else fails then there is Trading Standards, Motor Industry Ombudsman and sometimes best of all the small claims court for legal recourse to recouping your money.....so don't wait forever on promises of getting your money back. I deal with many international customers on a daily basis...as I said to the sales agent 'Managing the Customer relationship' is fundamental and key in my line of work. Underpinning this is ensuring the customer feels completely valued at all times which was an ultimate fail and an Alan Sugar 'Your Fired' moment on this occasion. The baseline of my day-to-day work revolves around true facts and meticulously sourced hard evidence and could never be based solely on the words of someone I have never met or worked with before."
"I visited the Manchester branch a few weeks ago, having telephoned the day before to book a test drive. On arrival, it was a good 20 minutes before the vehicle could be found, and then it would not start. After a further 45 minutes the vehicle was started, but it was decided that it had a fault and was not reliable enough for a test drive. Clearly no preparations whatsoever had been made for my visit. The following week I visited the Warrington branch to test drive a different car, again telephoning to make an appointment the day before, and making a point of recounting the experience of the previous week to the telephone receptionist. She said she would send an email to the Warrington branch to ensure the vehicle was available and ready on my arrival. Unfortunately that was not the case - on arrival I waited ten minutes for the vehicle to be located, and was then told that the vehicle in which I had booked a test drive had been transferred elsewhere and was no longer at the site. Once again a completely wasted journey, despite making an appointment. I sent two emails to the company setting out the above experience - they did not even bother to reply. So glad I didn't buy from them!"
"Put down a deposit on a car on the 28th of June and 7 WEEKS later I have not had the refund. Worst customer service I’ve ever experienced in my entire life. All done through email and customer service centre staff may as well be sacked because they do absolutely nothing. Been into the Manchester store at least 6 times and every time it’s says it’s been actioned and will be here within 3-5 working days and NEVER IS. Car was in absolutely terrible condition. Painted over with white paint to hide dints and a scraped and smashed windscreen. Managed to lose the car 2 times and added over 200 miles to the car. Looks like I’ll be seeking advice and taking them to a small claims court. Go to somewhere like fords of windsford amazing service and clearly take pride in the cars they sell. Don’t waste your time."
"Avoid Cardiff branch at all costs."
"Don’t buy a car from Car Shop you’ll get better service from a back street garage than you will from Car Shop. I got car off them in mid June, had it brought up from the Cardiff shop to the Norwich shop. They said they would keep in touch and let me know when the car was in Norwich, no they didn’t took me 2 phone calls to find out it was ready to pick up. When I went to look at the car it see if I wanted buy it it was covered in bird muck when I asked why it had not be washed they said they wouldn’t clean it as I was not buying the extra paint package off them. After I complained they relented and cleaned the car. On checking the car I found the interior rear view mirror was faulty they agreed to order a new one and fit it when they got it from the main dealer. That took 6 weeks and umpteen phone call too customer service to get it sorted. Each time a lady called Julie would be on the phone on customer services and was not very help full I’ll ring you when we get it. I phoned last Friday 26 July managed to speak to someone else only to be told we’ve had the mirror in the service department since the 10 July. So I seems Julie in customer service could be bothered to let me know they had the mirror. Managed get mirror fitted the following day. All in all it was not a good experience all the are interested in is you getting finance off them to buy the car, luckily I was paying in cash for car or they want you to and buy extras off them warranty cover, paint protection or weeks car insurance Like I said at the start avoid Car Shop worst experience ever buy a car somewhere els. They promise everything and never keep to there word"
"I firstly, rang up to book an appointment to view one of your A Classes, however was rang two hours later to be told it had been reserved. This was fine. I then reserved the A Class which I have now bought. once I was told that I could pay £99 to reserve which was fully refundable. I came to view the car that same night with my father. It however had a chip in the windscreen. I was told this could be glued but was not happy with that as it would most likely get worse in the winter. The manager then came over and told me if I claimed for the windscreen chip on my own insurance that Car Store would pay the excess. I was astonished by this as this would count as fraud as it did not happen whilst I was the owner plus it would increase my excess. Car Store refused to then replace the windscreen. I then paid £200 to get an A Class down from Gateshead which I was told was in perfect condition. Once it had arrived, I rang up and was told by a member of staff it was in perfect condition and ready for me to view. I then attended your Chilwell branch for the second time and it was not in perfect condition. The scratches were quite visible on the front and back bumpers and he just said “I didn’t see these”. I then stated that this was a second wasted visit and that I would only be interested now if you replaced the windscreen in one I've now bought. This was approved. I then noted to the staff member whilst my Father was witness that the string on parcel shelf was broken. He said he could glue it and I said no I wanted it doing properly. He assured me this would be done by the Saturday I came to pick it up. He also said the chips in the door would be fixed too with a touch up pen. I rang up the day before the Saturday, was told by a member of staff the windscreen had been replaced and that the parcel shelf string had been fixed. So, the Saturday morning came. I came in, the windscreen had been fixed. However the parcel shelf had not been. And neither had the marks on the doors. I was quite upset about this as this should have been the day I picked up my new car with no problems. Just a swift transaction. I was in your store for approximately 2.5 hours sorting this parcel shelf out. When the colleagues were in the body shop with my car, my Father walked in and stated he saw them trying to glue the parcel shelf plastic cap back in, even when I had told them it needed doing properly. I then said I wanted to speak to the Manager as every time I had come in I had a different person dealing with me and they didn’t now anything about the case previously, which did not help at all. The Manager, was initially quite helpful and apologised (first one I had had). She said she'd get this sorted with Mercedes and that if I took it into them that Car Store would pay for my fuel to and from Mercedes and the total bill for the shelf. I then took the car away that day and rang Parts department at Mercedes on the following Monday. I was told to come in so they could have a look at the shelf. I took it in the Thursday and they said it was do-able and gave me the price. I then gave a staff member at Mercedes, the manager's details and he said he’d send them to her. I then get a call two hours later from Mercedes, sating that he’s spoken to Car Store but has not yet given the go ahead and said she would speak to me. I then rang Car store, who did not call me back until last thing that day. The manager said she had sorted it and to book it in. So this is what I did. So today, I took my car in again to Mercedes and dropped it off. The colleague dealing with me asked me if it had been agreed with Car store properly as he had nothing on file from Car store manager. I said it had and to contact Car Store for the bill. He stated Mercedes had emailed Car Store previously for authorisation and they had never replied. However, The Manager at Car Store had told me she had sorted it, Mercedes did not know of this and had email proof which they showed me (no replies from Car Store Management). I then get a call an hour before I am supposed to pick my car up from staff at Car Store saying there’s an issue with the accounts your end and I will need to pay the bill and claim it back. I was very stressed by this as it had been agreed with The Manager over two weeks ago that Car Store would foot the bill. I then rang Mercedes who told me they would have to hold my car until I paid. I therefore had to go in to day and pay the £99.28 which should have been paid by mercedes. I have not had one apology for this. I did not expect a car sale process to be so stressful and I believe I am owed compensation for the disorganised and stressful situation I have had to endure at the hands of Car Store."
"Put a deposit down on a vehicle, asked the salesman twice to check it was still available. Went to collect the next day to be told it had been sold to someone else and head office should have called to let me know about the error."
"Worst experience I have had buying a car in the end didn’t bother apart from 6 visits and over 10 hours waiting walked out the car I was buying don’t buy it’s been painted over in there garage it is a Mercedes B class reg LM15 JNO at the Sheffield branch the staff havnt got a clue what they are doing not even a phone call with a appology do not use car ship Sheffield"
"Found a car online in Cardiff, advertising as showroom condition. I rang the showroom and a salesman told me the car was as the photos .. perfect. I paid £99 returnable deposit and £50 delivery. 4 days later I went to see the car at the Manchester branch... It was a disgrace.. dirty, full of little scratches, and 2 really deep scratches in the leather, one on the driver's seat, one on the back seat. I get my £99 back but not the £50 delivery. If I was told the truth about the leather, I would never have asked for it to be delivered. I will be putting a letter in the post to head office."
"I bought a car and had issues with the information the staff provided regarding the service of the car. Was told no car would leave the lot with less than 6months service. Was told that my car would not need servicing till July 2020. My car now needs a service 4 months in to owning it and when i called i was told it wasn't 6 months, it was 3 months. Very convenient. Was given an email address to complain to and after 3 emails, with verified automatic emails saying someone would reply to me soon and 8 days i have received no reply. How can you treat your customers like this?! The servicing issue is one thing but ignoring complaints is another! Check out your own staff reviews on indeed, even they don't rate you and say its basically slave labour for peanuts! You've forced me to come out in public to get a response and i shall post this on every review i can find!!"
"SHOCKING NEVER RECOMMEND CARSHOP TO ANYONE MIS-SOLD TWO PRODUCTS ONE BEING GARDX PAINT PROTECTOR My son bought car from the Cardiff branch on 24 May 2019. Once agreed that this was the car we watched a video and they said that this amazing product was FREE and worth £299.00 and IN the price of the car LIE ONE .. it was added the price of the car. Product two... we agreed to the legal protection for £329.00 with the finance person of 13 years experience. We asked if that's all it is £329.00 yes was the reply.. LIE TWO.. then added £90.20 of interest to it. My sons finance went up an extra £389.20 due to the miss sale of these products. I also found that a number of people have been mis-sold these products especially the GARDX. Please if you have been conned let everyone know.. I'm waiting for a reply after a 7 day investigation... and we will have to see what happens next...maybe watchdog will be interested in this company. Also they reason they have 5 stars on the trust pilot site is that they quickly ask you to write the review before anything is agreed or signed ...shambles."
"By far the worst customer service I have ever received! From both a member of the sales staff (Amy) and the Cardiff General Manager. Rude, disrespectful, and very disregarding of me as a customer. I went in to enquire about a very nice looking Golf, that I found online, and i was met with hostility immediately. First, I was quite forcefully encouraged to take out a finance package, before I even saw the car, and then sighed at when said I would buy outright. When I finally saw the car it looked really nice!! But they then wouldn't let me see the service history, or tell me when the last service&mot was when I noticed an altered lead in the bonnet. The Manager then came over and laughed at when I mentioned selling my current car to my partner instead of them! He then refused to let me test drive the car unless I put down a deposit for the car today!! Stating, "unless you can by it buy the end of the week there's no real point..." I was then told to go test drive a Golf at another garage and come back and buy their car here! When I then complained about their customer service, stating that I felt like I had been treated unfairly and disrespected, the manager proceeded to imply I was the issue, saying "no one else has any issues.." This was a real shame as I really liked the car, but I have been totally put off purchasing from them due to the terrible customer service. I hope it was just a bad day at the office for these 2, and I really hope others don't get the same kind of service I was given."
"Bought a VW Golf and everything was fine. Paid the money ready to collect the V5, MOT, Service History etc. to be told there was none - it must be at the other branch. Issued a V62 instead which meant £25 extra when I taxed the vehicle - This would be refunded when all the documents arrived and posted to me. That was 3 weeks ago and despite chasing them I have received nothing. Not the best experience. OK when you're purchasing, but after that not good at all in my opinion."
"Bought Mercedes from Carshop Cardiff . When driving home car started vibrating from N/S rear. Thought wheel needed balancing.Took it to local garage and was told the wheel was out of shape. So contacted Carshop . Who made me drive back to Cardiff to tell me they will order a new wheel . Took the car back a week later after chasing them on the phone all week. The finally changed the wheel , but changed the wrong wheel. So when l home I rang them . The excuse they gave me was there was nothing on the job card in the workshop. Poor excuse any one with any common sense should of ask the question, not take a one in four chance of getting it right. After three days later they agreed to send the wheel to Halfords Bristol for them to change it . When I got there the Carshop had not booked it in , so had to go back the next day . Finally done but there is still a vibration in the car . I’ve recently emailed the car shop of this problem, and was promised a call back from customer service manager. Three days later sill no reply. It seems once they’ve had your money they don’t give a f**k. I would not recommend the place or buy from them again."
"Terrible when it counts. Buy car, 2 hours later engine management light on, booked in to be checked. 6 days later total failure. Will not start. Immobilised. Have to organise own recovery to them to be looked at. No support in the meantime no courtesy car - no courtesy at all actually! Pending some answer but refusing to make any decisions to refund/repair or return my PX vehicle which is still on site. Generally being really unhelpful and hiding behind x days to look at it. Where is your sense of urgency? Still time to get on top of this and provide some customer service - lets see."
"Didn't buy a car because the car we went to view ended up knocking over my 2 year old, pinning him under the car and dragging him a couple of metres around the Norwich showroom. The car was driven by a now ex employee. Apparently the independent investigation attributed no fault according to the CarShop. The CEO wanted to send my son a gift basket!!! A gift basket!!!? I wanted assurances that this wouldn't happen again but didn't get any. Seeing your child get knocked over and the thought about what might have happened had he been in line with the wheels will live with me forever. No remorse or compassion has been shown. Had I read reviews before booking an appointment, I wouldn't have stepped one foot on the premises. From what I can make out, it's not just the Norwich branch that is unprofessional, it's all branches."
"The sales person Luke was very nice, tried selling us lots of add on's but i guess thats part of his job. The aftercare totally rubbish, there was 3 things that was agreed would be done by them and to phone and book them in. This appointment was cancelled twice then when it went in they only did one job, so booked it in again to have the other two jobs done, when it came back they had only done one job and im still waiting for them getting back to me to discuss the last job which they said they would. I would not recommend car shop to any of my family or friends"
CarShop is rated 2.32 based on 37 reviews