Carpetright Reviews

Purfleet

Categories:
Home & Garden
Home & Garden

How would you rate Carpetright ?

"Crapetright cant even fit carpet to a simple square room, there was so much excess and the carpet wasn’t even racked to the skirting which means carpet keeps coming away. Even after calling them back out there wasn’t much of an attempt to fix it. We went back to the store where we just got told they are probably busy at the moment"
"Carpet Right fitters have really let us down, leaving us with a major problem. Another carpet fitter was surprised with how it had been left. Would not recommend, and definitely will not use Carpet Right again - they just didn't want to know and have ignored our complaint. Wish I'd seen these reviews before going there, but fortunately we were doing room by room, and this was our first room. Thankful it wasn't the whole house."
Ben MacCallum
Verified Reviewer
"Had a carpet fitted on my stairs and landing on the 08/05/18. Fitter was rude, arrogant and brash after he expected to fit carpet in one room instead of the stair and landing that we had ordered. However, after all the rudeness the carpet was eventually fitted well. My wife and I noticed within a minute of him leaving that the fitter had made a slash from his blade on my sofa. I called the store I ordered the carpet from who asked the fitter to come back. He came back and said he could have done it. Didn't admit to anything but luckily stopped short of calling me a liar. He said he would speak to Carpetright as he wasn't sure of the process or where he stood. I spoke to Head Office and the store on numerous occasions and after two weeks they finally came back to me saying they'd spoken to the fitter who had denied cutting my sofa, and because of that they were not taking my claim further. I asked them to review this decision and gave them all the details again. They said they investigated further but i suspect they just kept me waiting for another week whilst they did nothing because they came back with the same decision. I am disgusted that the fitter, who has told a pack of lies to get himself out of this, has the backing of Carpetright. Carpetright and the Fitter can expect to hear from my solicitor. This isn't going away."
"Absolutely appalled with the after service and quality of the carpet. I had exact the same carpet 9 years ago and it was triple the thickest. Poor quality, poor service. DON'T USE THESE!!!"
"Company a total embarrassment Glasgow forge worst customer service ever!! They deserve to being closed down and losing ther jobs disgraceful branch and company stay clear!!"
"Customerservices are ridiculous. I have sent 2 emails tohead office and have not received a reply from you which is unacceptable. I have had the wrong underlay delivered and we had to go to store and collect the correct one. My carpet wad measured wrong by the shop and I have waited in 3 times and no one has shown up."
"Fitters (Andover, Hampshire) turned up and made excuses not to fit carpet, clearly they were running behind on another job. They lied about the condition of my floor and left. I spoke to the shop manager and he said that they had shown him photos of the floor and he agreed with the fitters, but the photos were not available for me to see. Apparently they had taken photos of the inside of my house without my knowledge and/or consent. On the same day I arranged for some professional carpet fitters to assess my flooring and it was fine, carpets were fitted by them the next day. BEWARE - Carpetright policy is they will not give refunds on carpets and/or accessories such as grippers, door bars and glue etc. Not surprising Carpetright are in financial difficulties!!!"
"I will never use this company again. They didn’t order enough carpet so had to come on two separate occasions to fit. First fitting they fitted my bedroom carpet with a join which wasn’t agreed. Second fitting they informed me that they had measured wrong so would have to put a join in on the landing and stairs. They are coming back to re-do. There was a stain on the carpet that the fitters tried to hide with fluff. The fitters arrived 2 hours late meaning our other trades had to be turned away. I’ve complained and they say they have no mechanism to compensate. A truely disgraceful company who have no idea what they are doing and frankly I can see why they are going out of business. I know things can go wrong - but it’s how it’s handled when it goes wrong that counts and this company have got it all wrong - avoid - go elsewhere / anywhere else!!"
"Dreadful service mis sold items paid cash offered fitting 18 days away asked for sooner date after making a fuss offered and accepted today....no one turned up!! Lies made by manager carpet still in store No one knew about fitting today.. manager Robert lied!! Sales assistant pushy and only interested in saying anything to make the sale!! Disgusting service!! AVOID THIS COMPANY we want a FULL REFUND"
"Head office staff waisting time and making empty promises. Fitter don’t know how to fit carpet and causing damage to my property. They are closing the case because they protecting fitters identity. My advice is not to use them and report to police any damage to your property."
"Very poor. Carpet was incorrectly fitted, sagging and loose/moving in areas when walked on. Two members of management inspected the carpet and admitted it was loose but within acceptable parameters. Photographs provided by Carpetright appeared to show staff pushing the carpet back in as it is stood on, why would they need to do this? This could give the impression the carpet was normal but the angle of the remainder of carpet was very obvious that it was sagging. The hand is clearly pushing the carpet back into the position it should be in as it has rolled over and bulged. They then sent out a fitter twice more to fix the problem, this fitter confirmed the carpet had been fitted badly the first time around and it was dangerous. Why would you send someone out, twice, to fix an apparently acceptable issue at your own cost? Why would their own fitter advise the carpet was poorlt fitted if it was not? The dealings with store, customer service and head office were disgusting. Many e-mails simply ignored, a blatant refusal to accept facts, poor communication and misinformation throughout. I have given up dealing with head office, people should know to avoid this company. AVOID AT ALL COSTS, AFTER SALES IS SHOCKING."
"I am writing with regards to a recent purchase made on July 12th, 2016. I would like to return the goods as I have changed my mind. To explain in more detail We purchased a carpet for our lounge last March ish! After 3 months we noticed a snag of yarn developed adjacent to the kitchen door threshold after various call's, emails etc they came up with the most pathetic excuses even to say it was a cat that did it which we do not have! I have never found such rude and insulting people from a company in all my life, this has caused so much stress and caused anxiety attacks, during which time from Oct both me @ my husband have undergone operations hence from November I've been unable to pursue this issue. In December the same thing has happened by our other lounge door by the gripper. We had a letter from a Company Feature Flooring @ Carpets saying Had a Z trim, or a square edge Kano lock been used this would have prevented this happening, they wouldn't except this because we didn't pay the Company for the letter! We also purchased a carpet from them in our last house 3 yrs ago which amounted to £700.00 when the fitters left there was small nails everywhere which I stood on (luckily not my granddaughter) and they did nothing!. To this day this has been resolved , last week I was told the case was closed @ the last communication the last 3 weeks have been deleted conveniently!! Next step is the papers 👍"
"Very bad service from Carpetright in Edinburgh Hermiston Gait shopping centre. On the day of scheduled flooring, they called me and said damp proof underlay for LVT is not ordered and fitting can't be carried out. We made an order weeks back and all along we have been told that everything is in place for the flooring. There is no proper response from the sales person in the shop as well, seems like they are doing it as a charity to their company. Very disappointed with the service."
"Carpet cut to small after 4 days no information from store needed carpet asap so had different shade carpet off the roll just to get it fitted before my furniture arrived they said it would be done Friday didn't happen now it's Saturday fitted came.first not enough underlay I supplied the missing bits lay carpet . Again cut to small phoned lowestoft store he thought it was funny I am still waiting for carpet 10 days from first fitting never never use carpetright they just don't care"
Ann Greenwood
Verified Reviewer
"Brought a carpet from your store in Crawley when our fitter fitted it I noticed a flaw phoned your store sent a photo as requested they didn’t want to know phoned your customer so called care team same response. I will never use your company again . Terrible aftercare have you never heard of fit for purpose"
"We bought a very expensive mattress which after a few months both sides of our mattress dipped significantly. My side was worse than my wife's despite the fact two nights a week I'm not there as I work away. We contacted the store and the sent two people round to have a look at it. One of whom was a manager of the store manager. He agreed it ha dipped significantly, over 50mm. He arranged for an "independent" bed specialist to check it. They decided it was an acceptable amount of settlement. After months of bad backs and difficulty turning over in bed we got rid of our £1000 mattress."
Stuart Spencer
Verified Reviewer
"Ordered stairs & bedroom carpets from Harrogate store. (£1400.00 order). On the day of fitting nobody turned up to fit. When I complained to the store they claimed that our contract was with the independent fitter and so was not Carpetright's fault. I was told that Carpetright couldn't be held responsible for the no show !! The employee was completely unhelpful and not interested that we'd wasted a day off work to be at home for the fitting. I'd recommend pople to avoid Carpetright at all costs."
"All of their divan beds on display have 4 drawers, but the prices displayed are for divans with no drawers, suddenly the price on the ticket is increased by £100, they should state that the prices are for a bed with no drawers."
"I went to carpet right to get a new bed, I was after a 5ft crushed velvet sleigh bed. The man in the store seemed great and measured the bed for me telling me it would fit as it just makes the measurements. I went through the process and paid £600 for this bed and got told it will be delivered within 2-3 weeks. After the 3rd week had passed I still haven’t received my bed until a week later! When the bed came I was putting it together to then see it does not fit. I contacted carpet right to clarify if they had sent me the wrong size to which they didn’t the man in the store measured it wrong. Carpet right would not refund me as they said it was my fault that I didn’t measure it myself. So I am now stuck with a bed that I now need to try and sell. Awful customer service and a waste of time and money. I am so upset as now I have no bed and temporary sleeping on my mattress."
Keri Gardner
Verified Reviewer
"Beyond disappointed with this store. We went in to the Andover store and chose a carpet, got a quote and booked the fitting. Two days before we were due to have the carpet fitted, I received a phone call telling me that the fitting would not be going ahead as they couldn't get stock of the carpet for at least another month. I received no real help and was refused any sort of compensation from them, it was all pretty matter of fact with a perfunctory apology. I ended up buying the same carpet online for £300 cheaper and booking my own carpet fitter. Ringing around other suppliers, none of them had the same problems with accessing stock for the carpet I wanted. To be honest I would avoid this place like the plague, have to agree with previous comments regarding unhelpful staff. I learnt my lesson the hard way."
Carpetright is rated 1.32 based on 246 reviews