Carpetright Reviews

Purfleet

Categories:
Home & Garden
Home & Garden

How would you rate Carpetright?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

204 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Tony Minihane

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Carpetright in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Tony Minihane
Verified Reviewer
"Ordered and paid for our new hall and stairwell carpet 4 weeks ago. Told carpet out of stock until Feb 20th, and someone will call with a fitting date in due course. OK, fair enough. Someone did call and gave us the date of the 22nd. Sounded good given that the carpet only came back into stock on the 20th. That gave us enough time to strip the hall completely and redecorate before the 21st. That said, on the 20th (!) the carpet fitter called to say he was on his way.. I advised him that he was 2 days early and we had not completed the decorating, he said he would take the carpet back! On the 22nd, nobody came or called by midday so I called them and they said they were waiting for me to rearrange because I had cancelled!! I told them the correct version of events and was advised that they would call me back in a couple of hours with a now date for installation. Here i am over a day later and still nobody has called despite me leaving another message on their voicemail."
"I bought my flooring from Elgin Carpet Right and arranged a mutually convenient date. I took 2 weeks off work to have this sorted so I would then move in over the second week. The joiner arrived on Friday 9 February as agreed with the salesman, Alan, to supply and fit the laminate in my living room, hallway, master bedroom and third bedroom. The joiner arrived and I let him in to the property. He then said “so just to confirm, I’m doing the master bedroom and hallway?” My initial response was to giggle thinking he was joking! I then told him which rooms were to be done. He said there was no way he was doing them all that day, and would need to converse with Carpet Right as to why they gave him the wrong information. He said he would do my hallway and living room. I walked outside and glanced over at the laminate he was going to fit, turns out that it wasn’t even the right one! I ordered a deep brown/red laminate for my living room/hall and a grey for the 2 bedrooms. The laminate Carpet Right had provided was a very light beech colour. The joiner said he could get the grey laminate for the bedrooms from the store, but that they would have to wait 10 days for the laminate for my living room/hallway. Of course this was a massive inconvenience as I was due to be all moved in by Friday 16 Feb. I went by the store at 9:30am and spoke with my salesman Alan, he advised he would phone me late morning/early afternoon with an update. No phone call, so I phoned just before close of business. Alan advised that the laminate would arrived the following Wednesday/Thursday for fitting on the Friday/Saturday, he needed to confirm with the joiner if he could manage. He later confirmed that the laminate would arrived on that Wednesday but the joiner could not fit it until Monday 19 Feb. This being my first day back at work I was not impressed at all. I told Alan that this had ruined my plans, I had hired a van and taken time off work to have this all sorted, I asked for some compensation towards this and advised he would need to source another joiner as this just was not do-able for me. He said he would phone me back. I called in the following week and eventually got a call back. Alan said he managed to get a joiner who could fit it on Thursday 15 Feb, and that they would compensate me £100 as the stock was now on sale, and because of the van hire and disruption. I said Thursday will be fine and he said he would be in touch nearer the time. Thursday morning came and nothing. I called in, again, and was told that the joiner would be over to do the living room and hallways laminate that afternoon/evening and he would phone me that afternoon. By 4:30pm I had still heard nothing, so again I phoned in and requested an update. I was told that he would be with me at 6pm so I waited at the property. He arrived at 7pm, and advised that he would only be doing the living room and would come back on Monday 19 Feb to do my hallway. This angered me a lot, obviously not at the joiner. He told me that when he spoke with Alan, and told him to “be honest with me and tell me the truth”. Alan said he would, yet he did not. I was on the understanding that my flooring would be completed as agreed on the Thursday. Of course, the store was closed when I was told this, so I couldn’t call in. Convenient. I contacted Carpet Right via twitter over a week ago and was told I would get a call back within 24 hours, I have heard nothing and kept being fed “I have added this to your notes” every time I contact them to update them I haven’t heard anything. Appalling. I also had carpet fitting up my stairs, hallway and second bedroom. The carpenter arrived to fit this on Monday 12 Feb. He went up the stairs and said “your carpet join will be about here...you are aware there will be a carpet join, right?”. Of course this was something else I had not been told! I have purchased £3000 worth of flooring and have had nothing but stress and chasing the store up for updates. I am a very patient person but my customer service and experience has been shocking, especially being a returning customer. I will not be returning again. I have hired 2 vans, and am still not moved in to my house when I go back to work this coming Monday 19 Feb."
"DO NOT BUY FROM CARPET RIGHT LEAMINGTON SPA!! 2 years ago we paid £2000 for carpet and underlay to be fitted in our home! The carpet is now drastically coming away from the grippers, something that shouldn’t be happening!! We called in a independant fitter to come out and have a look due to its no longer in the 12 month guarantee warranty. The fitter informed us that the carpet had been cut to short which was the reason why it is coming away from the grippers. We also enquired why the carpet looks so flat, even though we spent a lot off money to have cloud 9 underlay!! Surprisingly he told us that the underlay Carpet Right fitted was the cheapest one they have! So we have been truly and utterly ripped off!!! I got in contact via phone call, email, letter and going into store but they continuously refused to help due to it not being in warranty. If the carpet and underlay was fitted correctly and with what was asked for this problem would not of occurred!! This is Carpet Rights Fault! I will not be expecting a response due to Carpet Right only responds to positive reviews."
"DONT NOT BUY FROM CARPET RIGHT LEAMINGTON SPA!! 2 years ago we paid £2000 for carpet and underlay to be fitted in our home! The carpet is now drastically coming away from the grippers, something that shouldn’t be happening!! We called in a independant fitter to come out and have a look due to its no longer in the 12 month guarantee warranty. The fitter informed us that the carpet had been cut to short which was the reason why it is coming away from the grippers. We also enquired why the carpet looks so flat, even though we spent a lot off money to have cloud 9 underlay!! Surprisingly he told us that the underlay Carpet Right fitted was the cheapest one they have! So we have been truly and utterly ripped off!!! I got in contact via phone call, email, letter and going into store but they continuously refused to help due to it not being in warranty. If the carpet and underlay was fitted correctly and with what was asked for this problem would not of occurred!! This is Carpet Rights Fault! I will not be expecting a response due to Carpet Right only responds to positive reviews."
"I have had a horrendous experience with Carpetright Penrith. The service we received was shoddy and unsatisfactory. When we tried to address our concerns with the store manager he became quite defensive and extremely difficult to deal with. It's a shame that after the substantial amount of money charged by Carpetright their customer services remains unacceptable & poor. There is a complete lack of accountability if anything goes wrong. One week into the fitting by their fitter our kitchen vinyl has lifted from all corners with creases & folds on it. Carpetright is very sloppy with time. We were assured by the store on 2 occasions that the fitter will rectify the problem & we were made to wait for more than 5 hours the first time before their fitter arrived and did nothing to sort out the ill-fitting hence wasting all those hours we were made to wait.He was unprofessional and wanted more money for the job we had already paid. The second time again the store manager confirmed to us that the fitter will come & rectify the problem and made us wait for another 4 hours before the same fitter came & did nothing again. We have been let down by Carpetright time and again with their deplorable service.To make matters worse the store does not even bother answering the phone calls. We regret giving business to them. It is unfortunate that if any issue arises post sale Carpetright customer service is no longer interested once they fork out the money from the customer. The time and energy spent on it was phenomenal & not worth it. I will give then 0 star if there was an option. Stay away from this company!"
"Paid for grippers, underlay and carpet to be fitted to a walk in cupboard. Fitters just glued the carpet to the floorboards. Unbelievable! When we complained and insisted that they come back and fit it properly the fitters tried to say that’s how carpets are fitted, they are just glued to the floor! Never mind the fact that we had actually paid for the underlay and grippers. I’m amazed that this company stays in business when there are thousands of carpet shops online"
"Terrible customer service and aftercare. Don't use them! We had a carpet fitted in December but it appears that the fitter dislodged a pipe in our boiler cupboard when laying the carpet which caused a leak when the heating was turned on (it is hard to see how the pipe could otherwise have been dislodged given it was right at the back of a large cupboard). We did not notice for some days but later spent a weekend with the carpet pulled up/heater going in order to dry out the carpet. We called a plumber out who carried out a basic repair. Ok so mistakes happen. What has been really unsatisfactory is Carpetright's response who have not taken the time or effort to understand our complaint; denied liability; asked us what we wanted to compensate (all we wanted was the £75 plumber's fee despite some water staining on the carpet); then many emails later said it was a matter for the carpet fitter and his insurance. I feel like they wasted a lot of time asking us for information over email/being highly suspicious of our complaint only to hold their hands up and say it was nothing to do wtih them. Time wasters and really shocking service."
"Cushion floor discoloured, it looks like it is 30 years and it is less than 2years old. Do not buy, if you complain they talk to you like dirt."
"Absolutely terrible company to deal with. They make an arrangement for a delivery and never make it up for the agreed date. They don't bother even contacting you about that fact. If you make an arrangement with another company to do some work which is dependant on the carpet fitted you better be prepared to pay extra fees for the delay caused by carpet right. This happened to me not only once but now 3rd time - I will never buy from them any more!"
"I have been told the raised lines in the carpet is down to reverse pile. C.R. are not interested. The manager in the Sutton store was not interested even though I had a report from a reliable company to prove it was not my fault. They sent an independent guy to look at it to do a report according to the manager the report findings were that there was not a manufactures fault. I asked to see a copy of the report and guess what they lost it. Rubbish company"
"After visiting our local store I would rate it -10. The salesman made a point that we were interrupting his coffee break. After selecting a carpet and underlay , which we really loved, made an appointment for someone to visit to check the measurements. They didn't arrive at the time, no phone call, no apology. Two weeks later we haven't heard a work. So we have gone to a local shop in our village. Excellent care and service and carpet is installed. Will never use carpet right again. The salesman was rude, unprofessional .Guess they don't want business."
"We purchased a carpet for our hall way 2 years ago. Carpet Right used carpet grippers on concrete and our carpet keeps lifting up and freying. What a waste of £700. It's a shame that our carpet only started lifting days after the guarentee ran out."
"I wish I had read the reviews before I bought. Carpet fitted a week late. No apologies. No compensation. I wish I hadn’t paid up front. Fitters were fine when they came though. But they had only been working for CarpetRight for a week or so, and were concerned about CarpetRight’s reputation. Don’t go near this shop!"
"I am disgusted at this company and have been made to feel that the problem with the vinyl I had fitted in my kitchen just before Christmas was our fault. The fitter came put the vinyl down and it looked nice we put our washing machine back and our American fridge freezer which is on wheels to make easy moving.. The next morning a ridge appeared in vinyl and we thought this would settle as fitter said there would be some stretching- Really some stretching I have never seen anything like it I. Said to my partner I was so disappointed I could not believe what was happening. As it was Christmas had to wait till just after and went into store. They booked fitter to come out but I had to wait until the 8th January he didn’t turn up excuse key broke in lock on van. I asked when he could come out they offered two days we were working and did not want to do this week otherwise but insisted as I was so worried about it having phoned the week before because splits were appearing in the vinyl and I asked if someone could come Friday. They were not sure and said they would phone me. No one did I phoned on the Wednesday and was told oh your in the dairy for Friday pm nice be told or confirmed! Fitter came out and said never seen anything like it he tried with my partner to move freezer and proceeded to rip the vinyl. Fitter phoned office said Manager would call me today Saturday he didn’t so We called in to store today. The man I talked to didn’t care didn’t want to accept there was an issue and blamed us because the vinyl had not been fitted properly and accused us of dragging furniture around and we should have been more careful. I said sorry not accepting it was our fault it should have been fitted and stuck down properly. I was told that we should have moved furniture correctly I said so how should we have moved it and why if this is an issue we’re we not told in store. I said we were not only people who have washing machines and fridge freezers what were we expected to physically lift heavy furniture and drop in Place really. He said I have learnt a few tricks over the years and you should shuffle on corners and if we spent hours dictating all of this customers would walk out. In fact my partner and had shuffled the freezer and it ripped the vinyl. I was so angry at being threaded in this way I asked what they were going to do about it replace like for like? He said we could if you want then he started to say about fitting fee and I stopped him and said your not expecting me to pay again for this he said more or less yes at which point I stormed out of Chichester Shop saying they were disgusting and should be ashamed of themselves and put this on Facebook. I feel like putting this everywhere I can that this company is a disgrace happy to take your money and tough. Carpet right SHAME ON YOU. Stay away from this company at all costs they just want your money and don’t care"
MRS WILLIAMS
Verified Reviewer
"I bought a carpet which wore very badly - within 6 weeks the pile had completely flattened and discoloured. I phoned and asked for the carpet to be removed and to receive a complete refund. I was told someone would be in contact. No-one returned my call. So several weeks later I went into the store and took a sample of the carpet which had been on the floor and a piece of the carpet from an offcut - which had never been on the floor. The staff member was apologetic - filled in a form - said they would be in touch. No-one contacted me. So several weeks after that I got in touch with their HQ. They asked the local store to send someone to inspect the carpet. The man they sent said that the problem with the carpet was obvious - he took photos - but then said I should not expect much as I was getting ' the run around'. I subsequently got a letter from HQ saying that as I had ' ripped up' the carpet without giving them the opportunity to inspect the carpet in situ they would offer me £30 take it or leave it. They had every opportunity to see the carpet in situ - they failed to respond to my initial telephone call. They then failed to respond to my visit to the store where they completed paperwork - which they never followed up. Their attitude has been - we have your money - couldn't care less. DO NOT SHOP THERE!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED."
"Good knowledge in store and carpet of good quality. The carpet fitters did a poor job. I complained abdvthey arranged for someone to put it right two days later on a Monday between 1 and 6, no show! I called back and another appointment the following Saturday, again no show. I then called the whetstone store and spoke to Kingsley multiple times abs was promised calls back to arrange for a 3rd time. I have taken from 6th December to Jan 6th and as I write this the problem has still not been rectified, although I am told the guy will be here between 6 and 7 this evening which is not helpful as I have 2 young children to try and get to bed. 100% avoid at all cost if you want an effiect service and a good customer experience!"
"Absolutely atrocious Company. The carpet fitter was very late and the rudest person that has ever entered my property. He refused to remove shoes to fit the carpet even though it was snowing. Got all my other carpets wet! Never had this problem before with any tradesman and we have had loads over the years. Absolutely disgraceful customer services as well when we complained. Please avoid at all costs."
A Seriously Fed Up Customer
Verified Reviewer
"Carpet scheduled for 1st AM delivery. After numerous phone calls to the Tunbridge Wells store and different excuses every time I made a call the fitter turned up at 16:00. Fitters nice guys; it's just a shame that they contract to such a rubbish conpany. It's amazing in that in 2017 neither the store or the fitters are able to use a phone and keep the customer updated. I wonder if this will get published as the terms and conditions say "Publication of Your Content will be at our sole discretion and we are entitled to make additions or deletions to any such material prior to publication, after publication or to refuse publication." So is there any point in filling in this review as Carpetright can refuse to publish it."
"Overall it is difficult to put into words quite how outrageously awful the service we have received from carpet right cambridge. I've lost count of the number of times we have had failed carpet fittings. Each time they provide a date in the diary - sometimes a month in advance - and they then fail to turn up on the day, even after multiple phone calls in advance confirming that they will definitely attend. After receiving compensation for this completely inadequate service, we still required our carpet trims to be fitted and, as expected, they did not turn up on the day. We plan to pursue this further and get more compensation. My only advice would be to avoid carpet right like the plague, I have never dealt with a more incompetent company in my life."
"We bought a dark polypropylene carpet from Carpetright a few years ago, but it rapidly started to deteriorate in the sun. It was getting scorched, going black and then disintegrated and turned to dust in summer sunlight, although the areas that didn't get the sun are still perfect. It is now almost down to the backing. During the summer we were coming down in the morning to the smell of burning plastic. (The room isn't even south facing) They originally said it wasn't their responsibility and would pay nothing, but even after 4 months of photos, letters and visits, Carpetright won't give a refund, but will only replace the carpet if we go through them, and won't pay for the consequential losses of replacing underlay, fitting the new carpet or moving the furniture out of the two rooms affected. We are many hundreds of pounds out of pocket through no fault of our own. They consider this fair! We have been very good customers of Carpetright over the years but have now lost trust in them and we are now going elsewhere."
Carpetright is rated 1.32 based on 204 reviews