Carpetright Reviews

Purfleet

Categories:
Home & Garden
Home & Garden

How would you rate Carpetright?

225 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Carpetright in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Bought carpets from their Burnley store, delivered and fitted to a high standard. The carpet fitters were helpful and did a great job. I cannot fault the service we recieved in any way. Nigel W - Burnley, Lancashire"
"I purchased a small rug from the Chelmsford branch and at no time was I told I could not return it. It did not look right and when I took it back a couple of days later I was told that they would not refund my money saying that the rug could be 'bug infested' and questioning my honesty when I said I lived on my own. Appalling attitude and sharp practice as other major retailers accept returned rugs. (I checked). I know they have had recent profit warnings and sincerely hope they go bust. They deserve to!"
"Wrong order delivered to fitters and carpet for the lounge cut for a bedroom and stairs. Replacement carpet ordered and took 2 weeks to fit the carpet. On day of fitting confirmed first appt but at 12 noon after call to store advised 4pm. Eventually fitters came at 7.30 pm. Miss communication from store and little empathy or pro activity to solve the problems."
Tallulah Belle
Verified Reviewer
"A joke. Ordered over two thousand pounds worth of carpet. Took the measurements in. When the fitters came to fit who ever had took the order had reversed the measurements so the carpet was completely useless. We found our original measurements and fitter said they were correct. So we told the shop. They asked us if we wished to be contacted by the person who served us. Under no circumstances I replied. Five minutes later my phone was ringing and it was him. He shouted down the phone he was right and we were wrong. Well firstly I said do not ring and secondly fitters said we were right so I was furious. All this man wanted was for me to do was praise him up on the feed back. He even said if we gave him a good score we were more likely to go in to a prize draw to win our money back REALLY."
"Bought a Belta carpet from them- not the cheapest but started disintegration in less than 6 months- they went to manufacturer who said not there fault even though they only looked at a photo and refused to replace. Waste of £400.00."
"I spent a small fortune at carpet right nearly £3000.00 on a 80 /20 twist, one year later the carpet had really bad signs of shadeing, ( looks like water has been dropped on the carpet). I rang carpet right and they refused to come and look at the carpet saying "it is a normal occurance" remember they didn't even look at it. So now I have to replace the carpet in that room after only a year. I won't be going to carpetright to replace it. I hear that they are closing many shops. I hope that they do go bust."
"Avoid Reigate Store... gave three dates for fitting, they told me which day they could do out of the three (fine). Fitter did not turn up, no calls or anything.. chased the stored they booked me in for another date... guess what no fitter again. I am going to collect a full refund. Will NEVER order from carpet right again... any of their stores."
"AVOID THIS COMPANY! Save your money and your sanity and go somewhere else. I have never in all my life as a consumer been so badly treated and let down by a company. 3 months, 6 no sows , 4 store visits, hours on hold, 10 + non returned calls, the wrong carpet, the wrong bars, no bars, damaged walls, ripples in the carpet and a carpet join that is so bad it looks like a child did it. They have offered me £200 of free underlay when the carpet cost almost £1000 for one room. Or they will take it up and give me my money back. They should be ashamed of themselves!"
"I ask for a quote only to fnd the underlay was £8 per m2, same underlay on the internet at several stockists for £3, rip off! So for a 16m2 room with £11 per m2 carpet was £408 all in and that was ‘discounted’. Won’t be buying from them."
Meena Julien
Verified Reviewer
"I orderd vinyl for hall kitchen bathroom and spare toilet. I was not happy with the fitting, lumps of glue ruining the look of it, when I callled the fitters back to stretch it back out, they said that there is nothing wrong with it. What is worse is that I asked them to lay board in the bathroom and toilet and to make sure it goes under the toilet . I didn't realise until today because I was getting the toilet fixed that the fitter not only didn't do it, but he cut into the board he had laid and and the one below. Now I have a big and deep gap around the toilet"
"Quoted over 700.00 for laminate jokers pure rip off merchants glad your going under"
"Payment misrepresented and additional £35 paid in a deceptive move-we paid for carpet, underlay and aware fitter to be paid on day of fitting (which was several weeks from order) and ringing to check this, were told there was an additional delivery charge of carpet to be paid (circa £35 mentioned above) I suggested it was rather like a decorator or plumber asking for additional payment to bring the paint or tap etc, so the sales person told me it was delivered separately and not by the fitter and I could circumvent the charge by collecting it myself Lo and behold and what a surprise! The fitter brought the carpet, had several local orders to complete and hadn't known this had been said. Seemed unlikely carpet right paid him to deliver but can't say,not surprised carpet right have such poor rating at all."
"DO NOT USE. After a tenant damaged the carpet in my property I shopped around for quotes to get the bedroom and stairs fitted. I measured the total area, went to the Bath store, had a look around for a similar replacement and spoke to the customer advisor. Within the first minute there was a problem. The customer advisor I spoke to suddenly stopped telling me about the carpet I was looking at and walked over to the other customer advisor who was sat at a sales desk in the show room and they proceeded to have an argument. Apparently the advisor I was speaking to felt that the other advisor was staring at him. They argued about this for a minute. I shrugged this off and proceeded to get a quote. I then shopped around at various local factory carpet fitters and received similar prices. We decided to go with Carpetright reasoning that a larger company will be more reliable. We were wrong. We organised a date and time for the fitter to install. My wife took the day off work meaning she lost her earnings for that day. The fitter never showed. No call, text, email, nothing. My wife then called 15 minutes before the end of the slot only to be told he wouldn’t be coming. I got this message while at work and immediately called asking for an explanation. They said the carpet had been damaged in transit and I would have to wait 2 calendar weeks for another slot. In addition to my wife’s earnings we have had to cancel viewings and lost rental income. No apology has been given, I was simply told “this happens, our T&C’s say we can only give you £25”. That £25 is only given after you pay full price and then you have to claim for it. I am very glad that I was only recarpeting a room and some stairs and now know not to use carpetright for a whole property job. Absolute shambles."
"5 weeks after ordering and paying £874 still waiting for carpet which should have been fitted 3 weeks ago. Very poor and keep getting the same nonsense from staff "we expect the delivery tomorrow" Well we all know tomorrow never comes! Carpeting are in trouble, don't touch them I will be in Dunfermline on Wednesday for a full refund."
"the fitter should have gone to Specsavers!!!!!!!! Norwich Branch"
"Carpetrite of Norwich. Charged £33.00 for the subcontractor to lay vinyl in bathroom. When the fitter came and finish the job. He wanted an extra £10.00 (As per is fitters invoice from Carpetrite) He turned very intimidating if I did not pay up, I then paid him just to get rid of him!!!!! I was going to order a carpet for the landing and front room.( You have lost a sale Tracey) IN YOUR DREAMS C/.I will go next door Harleys!!"
"Fitters messed up the install and had to order new carpet. 2 Weeks later, and it's still not in stock. With elderly relatives coming to stay in a few days, I still have bare grippers on the stairs. Not ideal. No-one at Carpetright seems terribly bothered to go the extra mile to put this right in a timely manner. Just have to wait. Also, spent 25mins on hold to Customer services, before they just put me through to the branch, who I had already spoken to! Even the online tracking is wrong, showing the order as "complete". Terrible for such a national business."
Rosemary Duncan
Verified Reviewer
"From first home visit through to fitting date everything was dealt with so smoothly and efficiently.Carpet fitter (Mark) was excellent thorough and most of all friendly.Top marks and big thanks to the Leicester team.Mr"
"purchased carpet and underlay and was told delivery to shop 7-10 days then wold get a phone call from the salesmen himself to let us know it was in and arrange fitting. No call received so left for about 12 days and then called branch to speak to salesman in person, told he was out but carpet was in stock, asked if would get a call later and told yes. No call received again so called and asked to speak to salesman again, message came back couldn't talk to me but the person who answered phone could deal with me. Again told carpet was in but because it was a busy time not got round to calling me. When asked about fitting then had to book a fitting date which would be in 2 weeks time! Yet original salesman gave impression it would happen within the 7-10 from original purchase. Hence will never use again or recommend this company again."
"all was wrong with tis company, what a bad service. 2 months since we paid for a carpet for bedroom, stairs and landing and we still waiting for a full refund. is typical from them to received you payment and then said that the carpet is out of stock. they don't bother to call you back. my husband took the measures, but they said that their need to send an expert to do it, but gets what.... someone came and took the measures and when they came 10 days later to fit the carpet they said that the measures were wrong, that they need to order again the carpet. no one call us back. we went again to the store in Charlton and they said that they don't have stock. we asked for a full refund and now were still waiting for 7 days for that refund. I wish I had read this reviews before."
Carpetright is rated 1.33 based on 225 reviews