Carpetright Reviews

7% of reviewers recommend Carpetright
1 New Reviews Written
00AM
12AM

About Carpetright: Carpetright PLC is Europe’s leading specialist floor covering retailer, selling a wide range of carpets, rugs, vinyl and laminates together with associated accessories. In addition, the product offering was extended to selling beds in the UK following the acquisition of Sleepright in December 2008.<br /> The Group trades from 703 stores organised and managed in two geographical segments. These are the “UK & RoI” (comprising the UK and the Republic of Ireland) and the “Rest of Europe” (comprising The Netherlands and Belgium).<br /> Current estimates put our market share at 24% of the UK total floorcoverings market. (Source: Verdict Research: UK Furniture & Floorcoverings Retailers 2010, published February 2010).

Carpetright Customer Services
Harris House
Purfleet Bypass
Purfleet

Categories:
Home & Garden
Home & Garden

Tell us how Carpetright made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Over a month
Over a week
"Fitters turned up on morning but requested pm fitting. They fitted hall stairs and landing . They then continued to fit the lounge /dining room only to find it was a full 1 metre short. We had had another estimate from another company and they had different measurements. We went back to carpetright to get them to double check the measurements. They told us they were correct. The fitters put the carpet down but fitted it so the pile ran in a different direction to the stairs, therefore showing two shades. I reckon they would have fitted it like this and not told us if the carpet had of fitted. Waiting now for a replacement carpet to get fitted. would not go there again"
Are you Carpetright? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Carpetright receives and that when things do go wrong, you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"The worst! Tried to overcharge a number of times, ordered wrong carpet and we had to wait for over 2 weeks for a correct one. When finally order arrived for installation, parts were missing and we had to purchase them again. Carpetright refused to deal with our complaint and to reimburse for items paid but not delivered."
"DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Wished i had seen these reviews, thought we were dealing with a reputable chain but they are a bunch of cowboys. We used the West Wickham branch BR4 0LS. They took our money and did not turn up to fit as arranged. We had taken the day off work. They did not care - apparently appointments are not binding and there's nothing you can do if they don't turn up - repeatedly. And they refused to give us our money back. READ THE SMALL PRINTS AND BETTER STILL AVOID THEM ALTOGETHER. You can't get through to them on the phone. They say they call you back and they don't. Have never come across a high street chain quite like this - no wonder they are going under!"
"They are awful.they lied.to us from day one.fitted it with bits of old glue they had scraped off the floor so we were told to fix it ourselves.i have traveled the world for ten years and have never seen such bad customer service.head office arnt bothered.AVOID unless you want too get very stressed and angry..."
"Was told by CarpetRight that " FREE FITTING ON ALL VINYL AND CARPET" does not include Luxury Vinyl!! Vinyl is Vinyl whether luxury or not.. I complained to the Advertising Standards Agency and it turns out they agree. See below email.. I suggest anybody who has paid for fitting or is about to shares the below. Thank you for your recent enquiry about advertising from Carpetright. We’ve assessed the ad you highlighted and, from the information we have, we think it likely to have breached the Advertising Codes (“the Codes”) that we administer. We are writing to let you know that we have taken steps to address this. We have explained your concerns to Carpetright and provided guidance to them on the areas that require attention, together with advice on how to ensure that their advertising complies with the Codes. Thank you once again for taking the time to raise your concerns with us. Comments such as yours help us to understand the issues that matter to consumers and we will keep a record of your complaint on file for use in future monitoring. If you would like more information about our complaint handling principles, please visit our website, www.asa.org.uk."
"Rude Manager , very poor communication, lied about staff not being in to talk with me. Worked out carpet size wrong from my room measurements then had the cheek to say I gave them the wrong sizes.......the list goes on and on. Nevr ever deal with the Derby store !!"
"Feltham carpet right Poor customer service Unhelpful lazy Rude Avoid this store They have zero concern for anyone but themselves"
"The fitters were fine .... 1 We had people out to measure up . Paid for the vinyl for 3 rooms . We agreed the job would be done on the 15 & 16 November. The fitters turn up and say they don`t have enough vinyl to do all 3 rooms. They did an excellent job and fitted 2 rooms. However, it created another series of inconveniences for me with regards to arranging time off work etc I have spoke to the store and . said it will be sorted soon etc They were apologetic and suggested it was some issue at the cutting end of the process. 2 Carpetright said they would call back . they did not . I called and eventually arrange for them to visit again . we arranged someone to be in the house etc etc who waited only to be told that this time the wrong vinyl had been ordered! 3 nobody in the store appeared to want to take ownership for any of this ( Nuneaton ). eventually after another long phone call we had it fitted on the 6.12.18 . I guess it goes without saying - we will never ever be using this firm again ."
"what a sham the day before fitting the carpet they ring and say it has a hole in it and need to put a join it then they fit it without underlay and grippers that we payed for and just shrug their shoulders and say its the managers fault who is on a cruise. I will never shop here again. Its a joke of a shop."
"Measured wrong so carpet would not fit. The man in the shop said it was our fault even though he took the measurements and the fitters said it was his fault as he had reversed the measurements. Also he said if we gave him a high rated feed back we were more likely to go into a draw to win the cost of our carpets and stupidly I gave 10 out of 10 when it should have been 0 out of 10. The fitters were excellent but they were self employed that explains why they were so different to the man in the shop."
"Misprinted quote, delayed installation three times then attempted to fit carpet which bore no relation to that ordered. Correct carpet arrived only for fitter to find huge and very obvious flaw running through it. Dimwit girl at store claimed this was "normal"and "to be expected" Cancelled order, charged back through credit card and lodged claim through online Small Claims Court for three days pay I lost through having to take time off. Utter clowns, would not be surprised to see them go bust. Sooner the better: they are a curse on humanity. Avoid"
"the carpet fitters fitted a carpet they new was 30 mm too short after they phoned the store .The store insisted they fit it as they would replace free of charge the fitters. were based in bournemouth and it was carpet right at bournemouth.We gave them measurements that were very tight at 2.2 meters but the carpet they supplied was 2.07 wide so short . The fella at the store basickly fobbed me off so now going down the legal route"
"Worst company ever."
"So bad, sell you carpet is not in stock and when it was ready they didn't have the doorbars for it. don't deal with them and save your money and time"
"I would strongly advise everyone NOT to buy from Carpetright. We have had a terrible time with them over the last couple of months.....ordered from Guildford store and were advised that the store was moving, not closing. Arranged a fitting date and no-one turned up. Rang store and was re-directed to Woking store (Guildford store had now closed, not moved as advised) and told that carpet was in transit but someone would call when it arrived. No-one called. Woking then stopped answering their phone and failed to respond to messages left on answerphone. I therefore had to drive 3 times to the Woking store (40 min drive) to find out what was going on. The staff just complained that there were too many carpet orders and not enough fitters and how hard it was for THEM! Arranged another fitting date with Woking fitters who phoned on day to say they were coming between 5-6pm then didn’t turn up. They then turned up the following morning and had the audacity to complain that it was a long way to come!!! The whole process was extremely frustrating, time consuming and very wearing but we did eventually get our carpet so are grateful for that."
"They have really bad customer service... day before fitting they have told me that my booking is not in the system..."
"This is by far and above the most horrifically atrocious company I have ever had the misfortune of having to deal with. Their customer service and communication are utterly abysmal. I am completely dumbfounded as to how they are still in operation. NEVER order a carpet from this company unless you want to waste hundreds of pounds on goods that you will never receive. I am annoyed that I have to give them one star."
"They goy me all the money upfront and up to this day 3 months later I have not received any service. They are always very rude and unproffesional."
"If I could give no stars I would! Dave at carpet right in Bristol is awful! He messed up both myself and my mother in laws orders then phoned my mother in law 3 days prior to fitting to cancel as they were out of stock after she had removed all old carpets and taken unpaid time off work (this had been paid for cash 2 months prior) when she called to complain he thought it was amusing! Terrible service he is totally incompetent in the most basic of tasks.....shame"
"Ordered carpet 7th October. Carpet Right Cancelled the order 4 days before fitting due to our carpet not being in stock. We 're ordered another carpet. To be fitted 28th November. 2 hours before fitting we got a call to say the carpet is damaged. Now have to wait for them to re-order the carpet. So hopefully we might get it by 2019. Would never use carpet right again. Absolutely useless."
Carpetright is rated 1.31 based on 349 reviews