Carpetright Reviews

Carpetright have a Customer Happiness Grade of C-. Customers are happy with their prices, delivery and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

6% of reviewers recommend Carpetright

Home & Garden
Home & Garden

Courier, Own Driver
Over a week

How would you rate Carpetright?

"Wouldn't even give them a star, just wont let me post otherwise! Purchased two carpets from them in February for the total cost of £2,000 - one carpet was pulled up and replaced by another company in July and the other carpet will need to be replaced soon - it's now October (9 months later) The first carpet went flat and matted together, it looked like it had been down for years not months! The second carpet is flat and matted and has changed colour as it is soo flat! Carpet right have basically shifted the blame on us saying we dont use the right hoover! and its wear and tear (after 9 months!!!) We used a dyson and it was too strong as they fitted it really loosely so it would out it up, i got a henry to make it easier to hoover. Carpet Right dont care, they advise what carper to buy then deny all knowledge or except any responsibility when you complain! Please do note waste your time and hard earned money with this shame of a company, poor overpriced carpets, sales men that have no knowledge of carpets (they are just sales people that all), and bad fitters!! If you have money to burn then use, but avoid avoid avoid. (Horsham Store)"
Are you Carpetright? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Carpetright receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Now
"Carpetright is unreliable and untrustworthy when they promise you something... Had an order 3 weeks in advance and planned everything to move to a new place. Three days before delivery, they called me and said that carpet is damaged during transportation. They could have arranged for a new shipment but they decided not to do. Never make an order from them again."
"Worst fitting ive ever seen carpet missing. Unable to close doors doors taken odf amd left. Carpet not stuck down. Dreadful customer services."
"Carpet WRONG. Stair Carpet thats still in perfect condition but the binding has all come undone but because it's three years old they will do nothing "wear and tear" they say. Funny that since the actual carpet - the bit you walk on is immaculate. Spent over £1000 on carpet £200 plus for the whipping and now have to replace a perfectly good carpet at great expense because of shoddy workmanship. Even the store manager said the edges look like they've been chewed by a pet - there are and never have been any pets at the property. False economy using them."
"Carpetright and the fitters they use in their Bromborough store are 2nd to none. Paul, the store manager went above and beyond for us, absolutely nothing was too much trouble. Circumstances beyond our control caused us to rearrange fitting on numerous occasions and he and his team just went out of their way to accommodate us. Special thanks to Robbie our fitter, he did an excellent job and I can’t thank him & his crew enough. Also, thank you to Pete from the Trafford store, who helped us out. Been using carpetright in Bromborough for years and I honestly wouldn’t go anywhere else."
"Cowboy fitters arrived told us they couldn’t lay carpet as previous grippers had damaged the floor. I was really upset as new sofas were arriving the next day we were desperate to get carpet fitted as nowhere to store sofas. Asked them to lay it anyway. It was glued to the floor. They left us with big rucks in the carpet it was awful. We paid them for the privilege. We’ve got a really decent carpet fitter to rectify it for us. He used grippers with no trouble. Stretched the carpet and cut a lump off now it’s perfect. We would not recommend."
"(Dublin, Ireland) Appalling service! Ordered carpet (in stock) and laminate and was assured that laminate would arrive 2 weeks later for the fitting date - it didn’t. I said at the time I’d pick another one if that particular one was going to be delayed. Customer service is nonexistent. When fitting was finally rearranged it was clear that they had ordered far in excess of what was required in terms of carpet. Even the fitter couldn’t understand. I will not be returning ever again."
"hi - I have placed my order on the 15th of Sept in the Slough branch. And since then the nightmare of lies and deceit has begun. I have been told a different story about my delivery on phone call we make. Yesterday we were told that unfortunately yet again the delivery has been missed by NDC to be put on the Tuesday's slot and hence they have arranged for a special delivery to come directly to our home address today by 4.30pm (9th October). As no delivery has arrived yet we called then branch again to know what was going on, after being on the call for over 15 mins the manager has said there is never a special home delivery done by Carpetright. So we have been cheated again. The workmen who were told that the delivery will be here last week have to be told yet again that it isn't coming until next Thursday. Our fitter is only available until this Friday then her has a job for the next 3 weeks. So are going to be without a floor for the next 4-5 weeks potentially. Never believe a word these people say. If you can please avoid them at any cost."
"I will not be using this company again, I am astonished they're still in business. The service we experienced was shoddy, unreliable, unpleasant and very stressful. They messed us around with fitters, got measurements wrong and we were left living with exposed concrete and gripper rods for a week and a half with a toddler and a dog. We were asked to give our own measurements , which is a bad sign and we did so, we were happy with them, even drawing diagrams so it was fool proof, but not for Carpetright. They still got it wrong. They have signs up in store saying "fitted in days", this is definitely not the case- this is false advertising and offer no compensation for any inconvenience caused. The fitters they use aren't brilliant, ours had phoned in sick and then been seen by another fitter out in their van. They seem to wait for the customer complain and then locate alternative (good, reliable, professional) fitters that they can't seem to hire. I would not recommend them"
"We ordered and paid for carpet 2 weeks ago. We chased told carpet supplier won’t deliver until 5 November - I don’t understand why we only found out when we phoned 2 weeks later expecting to be told fitting this week. Feel they just took my money. Now I see we can get cheaper elsewhere will try to get money back. Really really unhappy. Will update on refund. We were going to use them for hall carpet - not a chance !"
"I purchased vinyl click laminate from Carpetright. Relatively expensive flooring. Advised at the time from a store that was closing down and was selling off the last of its stock that underlay was not required and that the instructions include advising underlay as a tool to upsell products. The store was closing and the guy had no interest in "upselling underlay" we were told. Floor fitted and a month later commences to come apart. I contacted the company and requested advice and they stated underlay should have been fitted. Then get the stock question did you fit it yourself and that it is my responsibility to check the requirements (I would assume speaking with a staff member with 30 years retail experience with floor coverings", was akin to carrying out diligent checks. Further stated it is not their responsibility. To cut a long story short, they are not interested and it is my fault not carpetright or its staff. Over £1000 worth of flooring now needing lifted and replaced. Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole"
"Floor fitting job could not be finished because half of the floor was different as the one ordered was apparently out of stock, therefore fitters were unable to finish the job. The correct remaining floor arrived a few days later to the branch, but fitters were unavailable and the store said they could not do anything about. Branch has now been closed down, and we are unable to contact anybody there, floor is missing and nobody has contacted us for any update. It has been now 3 weeks, the floor is still half done, with underlying layers visible and rolls everywhere, pieces of floor left everywhere, we have had to put the furniture on one side of the lounge; before the branch closed down we visited them to get an update, but they say the fitters were unavailable until October. We are already paying for everthing financed on a monthly basis but the job is not done. We have made a formal complaint and we have receieved just an automatic email reply, but nobody has contacted us yet, it has been 1 week since we complained. Without the remaining floor (missing?), without a phone number to contact the branch, the branch has closed down, fitters are not calling back, complained done but no answer, job unfinished, and money already taken. This is the worst service ever, with lack of communication, no updates to clients, but to get paid they are the first. Avoid at all cost."
"After decorating our bedroom we decided on a new carpet, went to a few carpet shops but found carpet right in Selby with the colour carpet we wanted. The sales man was not the most friendliest of people and when ordering the carpet it felt like it was a chore for him. He asked if I was taking the carpet away with me that day, I explained I couldn't as I didn't have a van with me, he said that's fine and said nothing more about the matter. I got home checked my invoice and to my surprise there was a £29.99 delivery charge, I called the store to question it the same guy who sold me the carpet answered the phone and said yes there is a charge we don't tell you about it as it's like when you get your car serviced you don't get told about the whole charges you just pay it, which I said no and questioned it he told me well you come and pick it up then. No other solution no nothing he was so arrogant he didn't care. I asked to speak to a manager he said the manager was unavailable and would contact me at his earliest convenience. I'm still waiting now 3 days on. It's the last time I will use carpet right I'd rather pay more at a better store with friendly helpful staff."
"Having bought carpets from Carpetright for years, we will never go back after the latest experience. Because my husband has COPD and we are older, we decided on carpet tiles so we could move furniture one piece at a time to lay them. The salesman made a complete error by ordering 2 for every square metre instead of 4, which we discovered only after laying some, by which time they had effectively been used. Due to me being ill, I did not go with my husband who then paid for the shortfall. So we paid double what we were quoted. We may well have not chosen to buy if we had known the full and proper quote. On collection they said there was nothing they could do about this and when I said I would write to their Head Office it was a shrug and 'Go ahead'......what an incompetent, lousy service! NEVER using this company again and it appears that contacting their Head Office is both difficult and brings no joy, according to reports online. I hope they go bust!"
"Bought a rug at 3pm on Friday, unrolled it at home but didn't like it in the room. Returned it in it's original packaging at 4.30pm Saturday. Staines store guy (I presumed manager) pointed out some small print on back of receipt saying "orders must be returned within 24hrs" and refused point blank to give me a refund. I didn't order it, it was bought off the shelf, the store is not open 24 hrs, how can this be legal? Apparently my only recourse is to take it up with customer services on Monday. Thieves!"
"I paid to have my hallway bathroom and toilet carpeted. When the fitter called (3 hours late) he said he had only been told to lay the hallway. he also removed a fire door and did not put it back II phoned the shop who fobbed me of with the phone number of their carpenter who dd not answer his phone or answer his messages in the end I contacted my own. When I tried to claim the money back for the missing carpet and my expense for rehanging the door they denied i had asked for the toilet and bathroom to be carpeted even though their agent visited me to take the measurements. I would recommend that you stear well clear of this company. Their products are cheap and this is reflected in their customer service. A complete cowboy outfit"
"Fitter got paid £800 to lay 6mm ply and he laid 3mm ply which cost £200 so when the new floor went down i had big gaps under skirting boards that he filled with filler.Carpetright told me they sacked him but hes still there Rogue Traders never again £3500 nightmare NO COMPENSATION"
"Fitter nailed through radiator pipe. Carpetright wont help as pass buck to fitter. My new kitchen ceiling is wrecked. Will not use again."
"Macclesfield Branch Lyme Green. GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING, the day my wife went into labour I had to fight with the liar called Jess on the phone. She agreed in store and twice on the phone that we had paid to get both our kitchen and bathroom laminated with the same piece of flooring. When the gent turned up to fit the laminate he had no knowledge of the bathroom fitting. When i questioned this with Jess she said we never agreed this and I was going to sort this myself, she then tried to strong arm me into paying a cancellation fee or take what had been falsely agreed. I urge anyone to avoid this place and her. For the stress she caused to me and my wife on what was meant to be a stress free, magical day I only wish I could give 0 stars!"
"Carpetright Brentford Not as much in store but the fitters were very disrespectful to me and my wife. The guy measuring gave instructions and quote and that was different to the guys fitting They kept talking on a very patronising tone and the fitting itself is 90% very good. 10% rubbish. The carpet it's nice (nothing against the product)"
Carpetright is rated 1.30 based on 307 reviews