CARFAX Reviews

89% of reviewers recommend CARFAX

How would you rate CARFAX?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

"I was looking for a used SUV. I only shopped dealers who provided a Carfax with each car, mostly via their inventories on their websites."
Roberto Antonio Castillo Reyes
Verified Buyer
"Help my family find the right car with a perfect maintenance record."
JOSE LOPEZ TAPIA
"Yes perfect choice"
Bobby D. Kee
Verified Buyer
"Car Fax and Ancestry com has something in common or maybe 2or more things and that is they are both a scam and a joke!! There are so many loop holes in both. Don't worry though because there are many more good people out there you can scam!!!!!!!"
Jess R Snyder
Verified Buyer
"I had spent several months looking for a specific truck. After finding 4 trucks in a 12 hr. driving range, carfax made the decision possible for the best truck. Thanks"
"bought toyota fj cruiser, used carfax to verify service records"
"CAR FAX "CAN NOT BE TRUSTED" They reported an adverse event on a car we had purchased 2 (TWO) years after the event happened. We had already sold the car and we had nothing to do with it. However, the people who purchased it from us tried to trade/sell the car and the event came up on the report. The people are coming after us (we had nothing to do with it since it happened 2 years prior to us buying the car with a clean fax then) CAR FAX WILL NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR REPORTS< THUS CAN NOT BE TRUSTED) They are also way OVERPRICED at 6 reports for 99.99"
Kim Robinson
Verified Buyer
"I was looking to purchase a late model Ford Fusion at a very low price. The owned explained that the car had a salvage title, but that the designation occurred only because of hail damage that was later repaired. So...good as new, right? I ran the car through Carfax and discovered...WRONG! The salvage title was because the front-wheel drive car had been in a front-end accident. Hail damage? I. Don't. Think. So. Thank you Carfax."
Mark W. Ohlson
Verified Buyer
"I was out to buy a used 2009 car but the car fax showed it was a lemon. Car fax definitely does NOT suck!!!"
"Gave me a complete review of my truck"
"I used CarFax to help in purchasing a used car for our daughter in collage. We used Motorcycle Gallery one of your registered dealers. Mitch at Motorcycle Gallery was wonderful. The car just received an A+ rating from our mechanic saying "he'd never seen a car with 100,000 miles so clean". Thank You CarFax and Motorcycle Gallery"
"Lauren in Customer Service was very rude. She was not helpful and seemed not to care if we continued business with carfax and she is a Supervisor. After stating that, I found out she is no boss but all operators are called supervisors. She refused to put her manager on the line and wasnt concerned about losing our business."
"I was a Carfax dealer I paid my bill month in and month out on time at the same rate for several years. This April I get a bill for a 250% increase. I instantly called my rep too enquire about the increase I explained to him that I want too cancel if he can't get it fix. He explained too me that he would get on it and get it reduced accordingly. A month later I get another bill for the 250% increase. I contact the accounting office and explain my problem and that I wanted too cancel the month before. They tell me that I should send a cancelation email so that they knew how serious I was about it and that they would get on it and have someone call me back. I then call my rep again and he tells me he still working on it and that because I've sent the cancelation it will help my cause. Well no one got back with me again and again another bill for 250% increase. Note I started this day one of my first over bill. I try again too contact accounting and my Reb and again the same ill get someone too get back with you and try again and again no call and again the same 250%. Now they say they are sending me too collection because of no payment. I have told them from day one I would pay and pay fairly but all I have gotten was the run around and no clarification from everyone involved. I feel this is extremely bad business and unethical. I've owned my own business for 7 & a half years. Had done business with them for a majority of those years with no issues or hiccups. This has been by far the worst experience I have had with another company in My 23 year career in the Automobile sales business. Very unethical."
Hatem S Abbo
Verified Buyer
"i LIKE CARFAX BECAUSE ITS HELP ME TO KNOW THE CAR HISTORY AND NO ONE CAN CHEAT ME"
Jack L. Petro
Verified Buyer
"I RECENTLY PURCHASED A SAAB FROM A DEALER IN MICHIGAN, WITH ONLY REPORT OF CARFAX AND IN GOOD DEALER INFO. I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED. WOULD NOT BUY ANY CAR WITH OUT CARFAX REPORT."
Gloria Tijerino
Verified Buyer
"after getting into a car accident and not wanting to get into car payments, I purchased carfax and searched for so many cars till i found the one. i have had the car for 4 months and still no problems. thank you carfax!!!"
Michael I Zander
Verified Buyer
"The only thing I hate is that for one carfax it cost $40. To me, it is a bit steep!"
Floyd H Clements Jr
Verified Buyer
"We were looking at several cars and finally decided to go with an older model to save cost this time around. The dealer provided a "car report" which said it was one owner and no accidents. When I ran the Car Fax report, it was actually a 3rd owner car and had been in a minor accident. car Fax helped me to make sure what I was buying and also helped me to be an informed buyer which gave me more negotiation leverage. Thank you Car Fax, I will definitely use you on all used car purchases in the future."
Charles Quaglieri
Verified Buyer
"I have purchased two Porsches with"clean" car faxes only to discover later that both had been damaged in accidents and repaired. Take car faxes with a grain of salt and get yourself a paint meter."
Joseph Wong
Verified Buyer
"Wonderful buying experience and very friendly customer service! Will recommend this dealership to people I know."
CARFAX is rated 4.54 based on 1,469 reviews