CARFAX Reviews

89% of reviewers recommend CARFAX

How would you rate CARFAX ?

"I need to look up another car but can't get on system."
"because help buy a car on clean title"
Jim Berry, San Antonio, TX
Verified Buyer
"Learned the 2004 Chevy Monte Carlo SS had been deemed a "salvage" title. CARFAX showed that it was an animal strike on the left front of the car. Repairs were done very well and I was happy to be the third owner. Car runs great and only a few repairs were needed."
"I purchased a 2008 outback Subaru without checking car fax first… Big mistake! The vehicle mileage was at a recommended replacement for certain parts, so I took the car in and had the parts replaced. The day after I had the car repaired my son was running a Carfax on a different vehicle and I decided to have a Carfax run on this particular vehicle. After reviewing the Carfax I found out all the parts I had just replaced had already been replaced previously 20,000 miles ago according to Carfax!! Always purchase a Carfax first before any purchases or repairs! I learned my lesson!"
"Very helpful but the price for three cars is la little bet high."
Ignacia Ramirez
Verified Buyer
"I have been able to lookup vehicles and making sure I'm getting a good deal! I've helped other family members find their cars as well! The only 1 thing about this CARFAX is it has OVER charged my account. For January 2018 they charged me $129.17 on the 2nd and again on the 29th. I did not look up more than 2 cars in that month! Several months before January I was charged $129.17 twice in a month in the year 2017."
Ricky Boyd
Verified Buyer
"Found out my F-150 was sold by a dealership new in 2013 & bought back by the same dealership and no carfax was presented for all the damage that had been repaired by dealership waiting to hear back from my lawyer now ! R.Boyd Texas"
Louis Lavolpe
Verified Buyer
": I would like to make a complaint about mobility works: the front end vibrates very bad 20 to 30 minutes this van was in water for time all tires dry rotted the undercarriage was never grease & the undercoating was to hide lot of rush front suspension very bad because of all the rush & the mobility works screw me very good 35,000.00 PLUS GOOD Louis Lavolpe cell 201 522 5560"
"We sold my mother-in-law's vehicle to a niece a couple of years ago (my M-I-L bought it used). Our niece just traded it in and was told it was involved in a major collision, and they gave her next to nothing for it. We pulled a Carfax report and there is no mention of that on there at all. The dealer gave us a bunch of paperwork showing what they were seeing. We were very disappointed because we thought we could fight back with the Carfax report since we assumed it would show the vehicle's history was clear, as we had been previously led to believe."
"I bought a 2003 mini 137000 miles with a blown engine, I got car fax history. I then bought a used engine with 34000 also got car fax to verify mileage . LKQ keeps vin on the used engine they sell. Car is back on the road and in excellent condition"
"I went to sell my 2012 Ford F-150 and CarFax showed the car had been reported a "Total Loss" by an insurance company. The trade-in value of my truck went from $26,000 to $13,000 with the erronious entry. I submitted multiple correction inquires (many Case#) but never heard from anyone. Even the dealer submitted for a correction. I had proof nothing happend during the time frame but CarFax did nothing to correct the misrepresentation. It took 2 months for CarFax to admit an entry was made in error. CarFax has issues with accurate representation of the history of a car. You have no direct contact with users and hide behind the web vail. Mistakes happen.....but when CarFax data is taken as gospel....that's too much power over the consumer. An initial retraction brought the value up to $20k but still cost me $6k!!! CarFax admitted a report had been entered in error but would not totally fix the report. It still showed "Damage Reported". And this was for a comprehensive "glass" claim! CarFax is not reliable!! Phil Buffington pbgart@gmail.com"
Jeremy Sitte
Verified Buyer
"CARFAX made the whole process easy and enjoyable."
Rick Berry
Verified Buyer
"Interested in a 2004 Honda CRV with low mileage and in superb condition. I pulled the Carfax on the vehicle and the report indicated that the car had never been in any collisions at all. I purchased the vehicle when I received the corroboration from CarFax."
Josh M. Love
Verified Buyer
"Carfax did not help me find a used truck, however and more important for me, Carfax helped me protect myself from a fraudulent sale. A seller wanted me to buy his truck. He wanted me to use eBay and have me send money to an escrow account. He would not send me the VIN but sent me many photos, one of which clearly showed the VIN. When I used Carfax for a vehicle report I was able to determine the seller was lying because the truck was in a completely different state than what he told me. When I confronted him, he went silent and disappeared. Thanks to Carfax!!"
"Carfax helped me avoid several potentially nasty mistakes! I checked potential cars on the spot and the instant results were such a help! I chose a car with a perfect record at a decent price and the car has been great! Thank you car fax!"
"Carfax helped me to find the best car for me"
"I bought a car off of ebay, and the owner told me the oil was changed every 3 to 5,000 miles and it was a one owner clean carfax. Wel the oil was never changed, and the oil was baked on to the inside of the engine, $10,000.00 investment later and I had to trade the car in."
"Knowing the cars history and who serviced it is the main buying discission especially in an older high-mileage car. I purchased a 2003 Honda Pilot and knew it never had the timing belt replaced which was the first thing I did."
"Safe, easy to use, reliable and has support, possibility to use in your language."
Eric Robin
Verified Buyer
"For the $ charge, should have more tha 3 or 5 car fax access. Thank you"
CARFAX is rated 4.51 based on 2,111 reviews