Canvas Holidays Reviews

Travel
UK Holidays
Hotels & Accommodation

Tell us how Canvas Holidays made you happy

"If you're thinking of booking a holiday with Canvas... don't! just don't. Check the reviews on social media if I don't come across sincerely enough. We stayed at La Baume in Frejus in a Canvas Cabin. The park itself was great, lots of pools, a few shops (don't buy a big inflatable you can't use them in the pool), lots of slides and a bunch of stuff for the kids to enjoy. The kids club leaders aren't great in English so young children will struggle. Now onto the Canvas cabin.... First up we were given a shonky cabin right down by the motorway miles away from everything. if you didn't heed my review (or read this after booking for which you've got my utmost sympathy) and realise that your cabin is down at the edge near the motorway, ask for another one or go and book somewhere else - all night road noise of all the lorries even louder if you're eating outside, you might as well pitch your tent next to the M1. If you're in a newer cabin, lucky you, you might miss a lot of what we experienced! What worked - the Air Conditioning, this was the saving grace, at least it was cool at night. What was broken/didn't work... err lots. the BBQ was so wobbly we had to wedge it between the cabin and a chair to make it usable, the decking gate was hanging off its hinges. The light bulbs were missing or flickering (non-dimmable bulbs on dimmer switches), top bunk bed safety panel was about to fall off, the shower didn't drain properly, the taps were loose, the double bed didn't lay flat and we had to tie it down or have our feet 2 foot in the air when lying on it, missing inventory (no inventory list to check what we missing), all the veneer on the cabin was split/broken and sharp - not safe for young kids with soft skin, light fittings hanging out of their settings with live wires exposed, units starting to fall off the walls, drawers that didn't close... You should get the picture. Pity I cant share pictures or videos of the issues. The staffing - ratio of staff to cabin is lower than for any of the other vendors we saw onsite so you'll get the poorest service purely as they're already 110% trying to turn around the cabins for the next unfortunate lot visiting. For over £1,000 a week it's daylight robbery and I guarantee you wont leave with a favourable impression of Canvas... don't do it. Eurocamp looked a country mile better. Seriously, even if they are offering it for free, don't do it, you'll thank me."
Are you Canvas Holidays? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Canvas Holidays receives and that when things do go wrong, you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Disgraceful"
"Booked a mobile home holiday with Canvas to France The mobile van on the overnight stop on our journey was dated but clean. We then spent 12 nights in the campsite in Cantobre an excellent campsite. The mobile home was dated but very clean and the Canvas courier excellent. The overnight stop we made on the journey back was at Chateau de Marais.. On our arrival at the site the courier met us at reception. It was very clear that she did not want to be there. She did not volunteer any information about the site. We were tired from our journey from the south of France and was hungry, Every thing on the site was closed including the reception. The courier showed us to the van and then left. We then left the site to find a place to have a meal. On our return to the mobile van I went to make up the bed and found the mattress stained and the bed room stank of disinfectant, The cupboards were dirty. The very small toilet did not have a hand basin to wash your hands after using the loo and you had to walk through the eating area to the shower room to wash your hands. The van was dated and dirty. We did not sleep and decided to leave as soon as the main gates were opened at 7am . With the car loaded we went to the main gate at 7am to find it locked. we waited some time and then phoned the courier whom we had not seen since the night before, She eventually turned up but did not know what to do or who to contact. She in turn phoned the canvas maintenance man who in turn did not know what to do or who to contact. If it had been an emergency requiring an ambulance or fire engine they would not have gained immediate entry to the site, There was no security staff available. Both the canvas staff quickly gave up and cleared off leaving us by the locked gate. In the end I drove around the site and found the chateau that the owner lived in after knocking at his door for ages he answered . He came to the main gate and he could not open it, In the end he let us out of his private gate. When we got home I complained to canvas customer services and requested a refund in cash for the overnight stop. The other 13 days were fine, Karen Redford canvas customer services informed me that they could not verify my complaint as they could not contact the courier as it was the end of season, She made no effort to contact the owner, nor would she agree to refund the £44 cost of the overnight stay and without consultation sent a voucher. I have booked holidays with canvas a number of times and although their mobiles are dated they are clean and the staff helpful. Things do go wrong at times and I expected a better response from canvas and a refund fore the dirty van and the other things that went wrong. Because of the response I received from customer services at canvas I will not book a holiday with them again."
Canvas Holidays is rated 1.33 based on 3 reviews