Canada Travel Specialists Reviews

Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Read Canada Travel Specialists Reviews

85 Oswald Street

Tell us how Canada Travel Specialists made you happy
(only JPEG and PNG files) (Optional)
Sophie did an excellent job organising are trip to canada. Very professional and great communication skills to make are booking went smoothly. Nothing to much trouble just needed to ask and sophie sorted it.
Hi Adla, now back in home in Spain after a most enjoyable and memorable trip. I thought I'd write to say thank you personally and your company for the excellent arrangements. We were a bit worried about Westjet not having heard about them prior to this trip but our worries proved to be baseless. Although the flight from Gatwick to Toronto did suffer a 3 hour departure delay they did advise us in advance through their excellent App, so we were prepared. No on board "free" food wasn't a problem as we purchased a meal deal from Boots in the departure lounge for only 3.99 which was more than sufficient for the 7 hour flight. Soft drinks, tea and coffee were complimentary inflight.The movies supplied by the app in flight on our devices were very good. The only problems we experienced on arrival at Toronto were the chaotic customs clearance, the hall was severely over congested and the passport machines were malfunctioning leading to a one hour queue also the delayed flight arrival meant the taxi journey downtown to our hotel happened in the evening rush hour taking over one hour adding to the cost. The Holiday Inn downtown was very comfortable and conveniently situated within walking distance of the shops and restaurants. We booked a return taxi trip to the airport for our onward flight to Calgary from the hotel concierge. We needed a large cab due to our 4 large suitcases and carry on cases. The price advised by the concierge was 80 CAD but on arrival at the airport the driver insisted the price was 85 dollars. Needless to say I paid him the pre advised 80 CAD and his tip disappeared. The 4 hour flight to Calgary by Westjet was uneventful, comfortable and on time. We had contacted Brewster in advance to confirm our arrival and only had to wait half an hour for the coach transfer to Banff. The journey was 1.5 hours and was very comfortable. On arrival in Banff we had the pleasure of being held up briefly by several deer crossing the road. The Caribou Hotel was again very comfortable and conveniently situated. Other than the confusion over the breakfast which we thought was included all went well. We all enjoyed Banff and the two pre arranged trips were great,the Banff gondola and the all day coach trip to see the mountains,lakes and waterfalls. The highlight of our trip was without doubt the two day Rocky mountain mountaineer train! Such a slick operation. On arrival at the train station being Gold leaf clients our luggage was transferred very quickly and efficiently to waiting trucks for onward transport by road to our Kamloops hotel. The service on the train was excellent, the staff were so helpful and obliging. The breakfasts and lunches served in the ground level of the carriages were superb. Thanks to your help we were placed in the front seats of the front carriage with fabulous views. The scenery was beyond words, we were also fortunate to see many wild animals including a Grizzly bear with two cubs not far from the train tracks. On arrival at Kamloops we detrained and were escorted to adjacent coaches for the short transport to the Hotel. On the coach we were given the keys to our hotel rooms so no need to check in, great organisation. The following days trip into Vancouver was equally superlative arriving to a warm welcome from all the station staff. Although we hadn't expected it, we were transferred to a coach and transported to the Rosedale on Robson Hotel. Yet again the hotel was very comfortable and conveniently situated although the "breakfast" organisation was a farce. The breakfast room on the second floor was far too small for the the volume of guests. it was impossible to get anywhere near the pathetic offerings so we abandoned our efforts and left the hotel on both mornings to breakfast elsewhere. Vancouver is a beautiful city.We have travelled all over the world and the city is without doubt comparable to the very best. Very easy to get around with some lovely neighbourhoods. The selection of restaurants is amazing. We liked the areas around Granville island, Yaletown, Gastown, English bay and Granville. The cruise to Alaska onboard the Celebrity Eclipse was so enjoyable. We were so glad we took your recommendation to take a Aqua class stateroom with the classic drinks package and exclusive use of the Blu restaurant. It made the whole experience really special, can't praise all the staff enough. Service was universally first class. The entertainment around the ship was exceptional, especially the evening shows in the theatre. The"Silent" Disco on two evenings was so enjoyable.I haven't laughed so much in my life. Really enjoyed the scenery and the stops at Icy Straight (where we tried the zip wire), Juneau and Ketchikan. Embarking and disembarking was handled very efficiently at all the stops. So glad we stayed over for two more days in Vancouver to see even more of that lovely city. The final flight back to Gatwick by Westjet was on time and very comfortable. We all had a great time and and now have memories for the rest of our lives and have you and your company to thanks for it all. We will certainly be in touch again to take advantage of your expertise for any future trips.  Many many thanks. Kind regards Ken and Christine Hook Ray and Anita Greenwood
Thank you so much Adla for soughting out my Rocky Mountaineer adventure with Canada specialists. I chose to take a late April trip to Vancouver. Had 3 nights there in a great city centre hotel(Sandman). Followed by 2 days on the Rocky Mountaineer to Jasper. 2 nights there and on to Banff for 2 nights. With most of the transfers included. Adla the Canada specialists rep organised it all. The weather was good for that time of year. Sunny in Vancouver with snow and ice in Banff. Would do it all again and organised through Canada travel specialists. Thanks again.
A big 'Thank You' to Hannah for organising a wondering trip to Canada. The hotels you picked, the Rocky Mountaineer [glad you asked if we wanted to upgrade to Gold] and the trip to Niagara everything was just perfect - it was a holiday never to forget.
Sophie was extremely helpful in creating an itinerary for my daughter and I to see the best of the Rockies, travelling from Calgary to Victoria. She dealt very efficiently with all our queries beforehand and was able to create the holiday of a lifetime for us, the highlight being the Rocky Mountaineer. Thank you Sophie for some wonderful memories!
The Canada trip for my parents went fantastically - they had a brilliant time! I have to say, a large part of this was due to your organisation and how everything was laid out for them, making everything clear and easy for them. They had a wide range of weather, from crisp clear days in Banff, walking on a frozen Lake Louise, a foot of snow in a day in Jasper, to beautiful warm sunny days in Vancouver. They loved the Rocky Mountaineer Train, with all the luxury that came with that. And they were super excited to have seen a bear and her cubs two days running in Whistler! I can't thank you enough for all that you did with planning this trip - fantastic job.
A lot of information was withheld about the flights for our trip to Canada. I wasn’t told which airline we were flying with until after the sale. Westjet is a budget airline for a long-haul flight. I wasn’t given the option of paying more to ensure we sat together, so we sat apart for 8-10hrs (10hrs return). I also wasn’t told I would need to bring my own device for entertainment. I did have my ‘phone which wouldn’t connect to the app. Luckily, I brought my book, unlike my partner who was forced to stare into space for 8 hours. I had brought my own snacks and drinks, as 2 hot drinks in 8-10 hrs is very little (water was provided also and 2 small dry snacks – biscuits/pretzels). The hotels were ok, except in Banff, where the Mountain Lodge was beautiful. The Niagara Falls trip was very good and the Rocky Mountaineer trip was wonderful.
A lot of information was withheld about the flights for our trip to Canada. I wasn’t told which airline we were flying with until after the sale. Westjet is a budget airline for a long-haul flight. I wasn’t given the option of paying more to ensure we sat together, so we sat apart both ways for 8hrs (outward) and 10hrs (return). I also wasn’t told I would need to bring my own device for entertainment. I did have my ‘phone which wouldn’t connect to the app. Luckily, I brought my book, unlike my partner who was forced to stare into space for 8 hours. I had brought my own snacks and drinks, as 2 hot drinks in 8-10 hrs is very little (water was provided also and 2 small dry snacks – biscuits/pretzels). The hotels were ok, except in Banff, where the Mountain Lodge was beautiful. The Niagara Falls trip was very good and the Rocky Mountaineer trip was wonderful.
Scott organised our trip and we had an amazing time and the schedule and timing was excellent, great weather throughout (except maybe Vancouver!). We hired a car in both Jasper and Banff which was essential (and cheap) which allowed us to see so much more. The staff on the RM couldn’t have been more welcoming and the journey great (although 2 days on a train is enough). People were extending their holidays to take in cruises etc but we felt 9 nights was enough and very doable, itinerary and administration were faultless, thanks for a great trip. I am delighted with the service provided by Barrhead Travel and Scott in particular and would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone contemplating a visit to Canada and especially the Rocky Mountaineer.
Scott McMillan coordinated our travel to Canada. Despite mistakes on our original itinerary (Scott was away) the service provided by him was nothing short of outstanding. All the transfers were on time and the complex holiday itinerary went ahead without any problems. I have left a fuller review on Trip Advisor. Overall, I am delighted with the service provided by Barrhead Travel and Scott in particular and would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone contemplating a visit to Canada and especially the Rocky Mountaineer. Well Done Scott!
Scott was tremendous in organising our trip to Canada, the whole adventure lived up to expectation and more. The highlight was the Rocky Mountaineer, the scenery, the food and the service was excellent. Finally our stay in Vancouver was special and a great location hotel. Thank you for making this journey so seamless.
Hannah put together an excellent itinerary for our visit to Nova Scotia, taking account of the time available and things we wanted to see as well as making good suggestions on how to get the best out of our trip. She was available during the trip when we needed some help e.g. the car rental company saying we needed to pay the full amount when we had already paid them a deposit. Everything was sorted out quickly and efficiently
This was the second long haul holiday that Michelle at Barrhead Travel organised for us. Our previous trip to Canada was amazing, so we entrusted Michelle with our complete family holiday to Japan. What a good decision ! The whole trip far exceeded our expectations. Hotels were fantastic, guided trips were superb ... the travel all worked like clockwork. We saw more than we could have imagined and the value was outstanding. How can we top that ... easy ... just give Michelle another call and let her weave her holiday magic again for us. Thank you Michelle and all the Barrhead team. Amid the clamour and noise of the travel industry we have found the real professionals.
good service delivered as promised - flights only
Adla has provided a very professional and friendly service. Although I wasnt sure what itinerary would suit our needs she was able to provide various options and suggestions to meet all our requirements particularly the Calgary stampede and the Rocky Mountaineer. The arrangements she secured were second to none and we cannot recommend her service highly enough.
Fab company! Gregory was a huge help, listening to what we were looking to do then helping to put an itinerary together which allowed us to cram in so much. We would definitely recommend Canada Travel Specialists 👌🏻🇨🇦
I have just booked a holiday with Canada Travel and I must say I was most impressed by Adla. I know it’s her job but she helped me so much. She was never phased or objected to all the phone calls and alterations I made. I would recommend this travel agent to anyone.
Thanks to the endlessly patient and helpful Scott at Barrhead Travel we had exactly the holiday we'd hoped for at a much lower price than we'd expected! Flights, car hire and above all the wonderful trip on the Rocky Mountaineer which was perfection.
Adla has been just perfect. The holiday we have booked is a very special one in memory of my parents. Adla walked me through all the options with so much knowledge ,kindness and patience. I couldn’t have asked for better. Thankyou so much.
Well, what can I say, apart from thank you so much for arranging such a fantastic holiday for me and my friend. We had an unbelievably wonderful holiday. Everything organised and taken care of. The Rocky Mountaineer was a trip of a lifetime and being upgraded at each hotel was the icing on the cake. We saw quite a lot of wildlife, elk, a cow moose with calf, a black bear, beavers, bighorn sheep and bald eagles. Sophie arranged everything to our satisfaction, including the 2 day stopover in Victoria on Vancouver Island. The Laurel Point hotel was ideally situated and our room overlooked part of the inner harbour. As I said, the trip of a lifetime. Thank you so much Sophie for organising our wonderful holiday.
Canada Travel Specialists is rated 4.85 based on 317 reviews