Camps International Reviews

91% of reviewers recommend Camps International

About Camps International: Camps International provide volunteer trips in Africa, Asia and South America to suit everyone, from schools to gap year travellers, from animal lovers to thrill seekers, there is a perfect experience for everyone. We are the only provider to own permanent camps and employ local people worldwide, meaning that our projects are guaranteed to benefit the communities that we work in.

info@campsinternational.com

Unit 10 Kingfisher Park Headlands Business ParkSalisbury Road

Categories:
Airport Parking
Appliances

How would you rate Camps International ?

Dionne Hildebrandt
Verified Reviewer
"It was the best experience of my life, I was really nervous to meet the other volunteers, but they were amazing people and the camp leader was brilliant couldn't of been any better, I enjoyed my trip so much I will most definitely going back! It's so easy to build friendships with the village children and in the school it's the best feeling in the world"
"I had a phenomenal time at Camp Ecuador this summer. For me it was the reputation of Camps that made me book the trip, and the team really delivered. What stands out for me is Camps responsiveness to difficult situations. Of course, things don't always go to plan whilst travelling, but Camps were great at solving my issues. Would recommend to friends/family"
"I have a long history with Camps, from my gap trip to the HCO 2014 trip, and now HCO 2015; you'll see another review in a year for HCO 2016! Camps International are one of the few companies that I would trust to provide amazing adventures with a high ethical standard: due regard for the communities we visit, sustainable projects and excellent safety awareness. HCO 2015 was not without it's trials, or rather "Challenges" as we preferred to call them. The flash flooding this year was unforseeable, yet the CI team worked themselves to the bone to ensure the project would go ahead effectively and safely. The Camp Tsavo team were brilliant as always, we hope they liked the thank you poster we made for them (in response to their thank you poster to us!). Asante Sana my friends, stay classy!"
"I don't normally leave reviews, it's a testament to the amazing time I had with Camps that I am writing this at all! I traveled to Camp Tsavo, Kenya in Nov 2014 to take part in the Medical Outreach Program. To be able to give free healthcare to those who really need it was extraordinary. Meeting so many new friends, new cultures, and also learning more about how to conduct medical care in a 3rd world country. It has really expanded my skills and knowledge. I work in clinical research, so it was a huge change to be inputting data into a laptop in the dark with a head torch when the electric went! But it's all part of the experience. I have made life-long friends, and look forward to going back again in the future. I would definitely recommend Camps for their ethical adventures! You're so well looked after, and it gives you such a new outlook on life. I came back and proposed to my boyfriend!"
"My family went to Camp Kenya in the spring of 2014. There hasn't been a day since returning that the memories of that trip haven't somehow played into our thoughts and conversations. The staff was brilliant - from the moment of pick up at the airport, to working with us at the Camp, to teaching us how to build desks from scratch at the school, plant on hilly ground at the the women's centre, and track animals in Tsavo. Our daughter was 10 years old, and she still talks about playing games with the students at the school with balls made from scraps and pebbles, and watching the queue for lunch. It was a transformative experience for us all. The accommodation was much nicer than we expected. The last few days on the beach were lovely. I highly recommend the trip to anyone who wants to make a difference on their holidays."
Tom Roseveare
Verified Reviewer
"Doing Camp Ecuador was one of the best things I've ever done! I met the most amazing people and made some great friends, everybody was so nice and welcoming. The project work was great and really made me feel like I was making a difference. It was such an amazing experience and one I will never forget."
Eleanor Lampard
Verified Reviewer
"If was defiantly pleasantly surprised with Camps . I did the 3 months Ecuador and Peru programme . Camps staff was friendly helpful and by the end Project leaders were just part of the group as good friends . Got to see parts of the country and be part of the communities which was amazing much better than just been a normal tourist . Got the freedom in the big cities at the weekend to explore more of the culture and do lots of fun activities . Project work was rewarding and I've learned loads of new skills that I wouldn't have tried before . I also made friends for life they became my extended family. I'm really glad I chose Camps and also loved the surprise activities that we got . Loads of support and would 100% recommend ! ??"
Michael Brown
Verified Reviewer
"My trip to Kenya was everything i could have dreamed of and more! in just 3 months i managed to jump out an aeroplane, climb kilimanjaro, become a qualified scuba diver, meet countless incredible people and play a part in some of the amazing ongoing projects camp run. if your thinking about doing a trip with camps, stop thinking and BOOK IT! id do it all over again in a heartbeat. scary to think its almost been a year since i left.... norwich isn't quite as homely as Camp Muhaka and Camp Tsavo"
"My trip this summer was my second trip with Camps International - which just goes to show how much I loved it the first time! My first trip was through my school two years ago and I spent an amazing month in Tanzania. I loved it so much that within three months of coming home I'd booked my second trip - two months in Borneo to be undertaken during my gap year. My experiences have changed my outlook on life and helped to shape the person I am today. I have learnt a lot about myself and about parts of the world I had never thought twice about, as well as forming friendships that I know will last a lifetime. I'm even considering trip number three!"
Tom Dickinson
Verified Reviewer
"Camps International offers a great opportunity to make a real change to a community a million miles away from home. The volunteering programmes also allow you to truley experience a country's culture as you live, eat and work with the local people, picking up new skills along the way. If you want to experience something completely new and create great memories camps international is for you."
Peter Newton
Verified Reviewer
"Very well organised and great experience, great to get to know the locals and help build their village felt very welcomed. Couldn't have asked for more"
Bailey Thomson
Verified Reviewer
"My trip to Ecuador with Camps International was unforgettable!! The first day that I arrived it was late at night and I was exhausted and worried that no one would be waiting for me, but I was greeted by Paola. Paola was so warm and welcoming I knew that this was going to be a great trip! Camps International is a great organization, they brought us to some beautiful places in Ecuador and the communities that we stayed in were amazing. The communities were so honoured to have us and I will never forget the children that we spent our mornings with. I never realized how incredible it feels to help others learn until I took a trip with Camps International. On the trip I also made life long friends that I will continue to talk to a cherish my whole life. I hope to have the chance to go on another trip again, I would love to volunteer in Africa."
"This trip was great! From the start the booking process was easy with friendly people at the end of emails and phone calls. First ever flight by myself and had a 6 hour delay! Staff waiting in borneo were great for reassurance. I went at a quiet time so got to know the other 3 volunteers really well. It was great to feel we helped out in the local community and learnt new skills. Much more than I could of expect. The only good thing about coming home was the free upgrade to business class! Thank you :)"
"Those two months i've been there where just amazing. Met some awesome people from Camps and a few locals. I'm glad i had the change to do something usefull for those wo need it. Big Thanks!"
Aneesha Grewal
Verified Reviewer
"Gap Trip to Ecuador 2015 Had an absolutely amazing time exploring Quito and it's amazing culture on arrival, stopping over in the beautiful beach party town of Canoa on the was to Las Tunas was a real bonding experience for the group and it's given me memories I'll never forget! The extension to the Kindergarten was gruelling but the locals that helped and my fellow gappers were so lovely it didn't feel like work! Also seeing how appreciative the children and families of the town were when they saw the finished product made it all 100% worth it! Work day evenings were spent relaxing at camp, going for an occasional swim and spending lazy evenings with the group. There were also some very fun weekends off project work spent partying in Montanita and whale-watching in Peurto Lopez. The camps team in country were brilliant and I even picked up some Spanish :') Met an amazing group of people, did some incredible project and conservation work and have memories I'll never forget. I'd recommend that everyone does a trip like this in their lifetime, it's an unmissable experience. I will definitely be going back!"
Daniel Adams
Verified Reviewer
"I volunteered with Camps International for an amazing 2 months in Peru that I'll never forget. The organisation and help from the Camps Crew before leaving was extremely helpful and friendly and the Peru team even more so - big shout out to Jorge for being the best team leader possible! The project work was fun and challenging and I particularly enjoyed the teaching opportunities we had with local communities - definitely a great way to learn Spanish! The highlight for me though has to be the Salkantay trek to see Machu Picchu, a phenomenal experience I'll have with me forever. My favourite thing about Camps has to be their enthusiasm to get you stuck in to as many adventures as possible."
Hannah Dixon
Verified Reviewer
"Loved the whole trip, very well organised"
Anna Lawless
Verified Reviewer
"One of the best experiences of my life, if not the best! Meeting new people, seeing new places and making a difference in communities really makes it all worthwhile. You can actually see how your work is benefiting the people around you and you're doing it with amazing people! The company itself is fantastic and helps with anything you need, all you have to do is ask."
"Camps International was by far a brilliant experience. I took part in the Borneo programme which was unforgettable. The service is brilliant and the places you get to see are just breathtaking. I wish that I was there again, the staff are so knowledgeable and friendly that you soon see them as your family. I have made life long friends whilst taking part in this as well as life changing experiences. I will hold this in my memory forever so join up!!!!!!"
Annabel Newton
Verified Reviewer
"My trip to Camp Tinagol in Borneo was the best experience. As there was only 4 of us through camp international on the trip, we got to experience much more and more personally. The villages in Tinagol are the nicest and happiest people I think I've ever met, the children in the school I work in love hearing about all the stories of what we got up to and what the people were like. Kenny our camp leader is the funniest and nicest guy you'll ever meet, we was always having a laugh. Visiting the gong village, machete village and bee farm were great experiences, it was great to experience the different ways of live. Will definitely be going back!"
Camps International is rated 4.62 based on 104 reviews