Camps International Reviews

91% of reviewers recommend Camps International

About Camps International: Camps International provide volunteer trips in Africa, Asia and South America to suit everyone, from schools to gap year travellers, from animal lovers to thrill seekers, there is a perfect experience for everyone. We are the only provider to own permanent camps and employ local people worldwide, meaning that our projects are guaranteed to benefit the communities that we work in.

info@campsinternational.com

Unit 10 Kingfisher Park Headlands Business ParkSalisbury Road

Categories:
Airport Parking
Appliances

How would you rate Camps International ?

"I was part of the HCO programme in Kenya this year and I can honestly say that deciding to join the group was one of the best decisions I have ever made. The programme was well organised, well needed and incredibly inspirational. Reaching out to the rural communities in Kenya whilst working hand in hand with the local Health Care team meant that each day was filled with successful outcomes and hopefully happy recipients of the care and resources provided! None of this could have been possible without the truly amazing and dedicated team of Camps staff. In particular the team out in Kenya were faultless, nothing was ever to much trouble and our safety and happiness was always made clear to be incredibly important to them. The Camps staff really are not just staff for the camp but truly friends to everyone that was on the programme. I think it's fair to say that we came away from the programme with more friends than we ever expected! Thank you Camps for an incredible experience that I will never forget!"
"Its already been a year since I came back from a 3 month expedition to Camp Ecuador and I can honestly say its one of the greatest experiences I have ever had. It was my first time traveling which was nerve wracking but as soon as I met my leader, Paola, who throughout the 3 months became a good friend of mine, I felt totally comfortable and excited to start work. Each camp was so unique and every weekend was a different town which we could explore. It was a quiet time of year that I went and so there was only a few of us but that made all of our bond and experience so much more meaningful after the 3 months. I would definitely recommend Camps International as it was one of the best last minute decisions I've ever made (:"
"I've been on two trips with Camps and the first one to Borneo with my school would without a doubt get a 5 star rating despite a difficult team leader to work with. The more recent trip was the gap year programme where I did a month in Ecuador and ended up going to the galapagos last minute which Camps were really good at organising. I decided to go to the Galapagos because we did have an issue where we felt that Camps falsely advertised our trip to stay in the Amazon rainforest as the second Camp Amazonia we were sent too was a 5 minute drive from a large town and although the people there needed a playground (the project). Once we left we saw the locals pull out power tools which obviously we couldn't use and it felt like we were just hindering them. Camps did recognise that there was an error with this and did offer compensation as we lost 4 days from this and we did not return to the Amazon but instead went to a camp on the beach. On a positive note, all the staff and volunteers were so enthusiastic about camps which really motivated us to work. Having free time at the weekends also gave us a really good chance to see different sides to the country."
"I would highly recommend anyone to take a trip with Camps! I personally have travelled with them three times as part of the Healthcare Outreach programme in Kenya, both in Muhaka/Makongeni on the Coast and in Tsavo/Maungu. I struggle to choose any other type of holiday or trip now, as I always compare them to my experience with this amazing company and team. The dedication of the teams to ensure you have a brillaint experience, feel that you meet and have some impact on the communities you live in, as well as truly fall in love with the country is incomparable. I have not been well enough to return this year, otherwise I would have been back! I hope to return next year. I also hope to one day do a trip with Camps elsewhere. Thank you for changing my life."
"The month I spent at Camp Peru ended up being the best month of my life - I wish I had stayed the extra two months! During my stay in Peru, I was made to feel incredibly safe and welcome by the camps team. I was extremely nervous as it was my first time travelling by myself - I could never have expected how welcome I would feel when I arrived. Our group leader, Jorge, was incredible and made sure we were well orientated and let us explore as well. I instantly made friends, and over the month we spent together, I realised that I will have those friends for the rest of my life. During our homestay in Lake Titicaca, we were so comfortable and so well fed - we owe it all to the incredible family who let us into their home - I will never forget the friendships we managed to form despite the language barrier - I still keep in touch with them. Though the projects themselves were challenging, working in such a close-knit team was incredibly rewarding, and going to bed every night with the feeling that we had made a difference was indescribable. During my month in Peru, I also did the Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu. This was an unmissable experience - never in my wildest dreams had I thought I would be able to tick this off my bucket list. We walked over 75km across the Andes (one of the most challenging things I have ever done in my life, though the camps team supported me the whole way), and while the trek itself was incredibly gorgeous, with a change of scene around every corner, Macchu Picchu was more breathtaking than I could have ever imagined. I'd recommend this trip to anyone that wants to make a difference, while having the time of their life & making lifelong friendships with like-minded people. This trip will challenge you and help you grow - it will change your perspective on life, and you will never look back."
"This was our second time going out with the Health Outreach Programme in Kenya and once again I was touched by the selfless giving of the health professionals that give of their time to help in a small way to help others. Working with local volunteers and health professionals was not only rewarding but also illustrated how much can be achieved with so little resources but with unlimited enthusiasm to achieve the best for others. The local villagers were always welcoming and made us feel very much part of their community. This experience in Kenya can only enhance the profesional deveopment of any health professional who signs up for the Health Outreach Programme with Camps International."
"It was the best experience of my life, I was really nervous to meet the other volunteers, but they were amazing people and the camp leader was brilliant couldn't of been any better, I enjoyed my trip so much I will most definitely going back! It's so easy to build friendships with the village children and in the school it's the best feeling in the world"
"I had a phenomenal time at Camp Ecuador this summer. For me it was the reputation of Camps that made me book the trip, and the team really delivered. What stands out for me is Camps responsiveness to difficult situations. Of course, things don't always go to plan whilst travelling, but Camps were great at solving my issues. Would recommend to friends/family"
"I have a long history with Camps, from my gap trip to the HCO 2014 trip, and now HCO 2015; you'll see another review in a year for HCO 2016! Camps International are one of the few companies that I would trust to provide amazing adventures with a high ethical standard: due regard for the communities we visit, sustainable projects and excellent safety awareness. HCO 2015 was not without it's trials, or rather "Challenges" as we preferred to call them. The flash flooding this year was unforseeable, yet the CI team worked themselves to the bone to ensure the project would go ahead effectively and safely. The Camp Tsavo team were brilliant as always, we hope they liked the thank you poster we made for them (in response to their thank you poster to us!). Asante Sana my friends, stay classy!"
"I don't normally leave reviews, it's a testament to the amazing time I had with Camps that I am writing this at all! I traveled to Camp Tsavo, Kenya in Nov 2014 to take part in the Medical Outreach Program. To be able to give free healthcare to those who really need it was extraordinary. Meeting so many new friends, new cultures, and also learning more about how to conduct medical care in a 3rd world country. It has really expanded my skills and knowledge. I work in clinical research, so it was a huge change to be inputting data into a laptop in the dark with a head torch when the electric went! But it's all part of the experience. I have made life-long friends, and look forward to going back again in the future. I would definitely recommend Camps for their ethical adventures! You're so well looked after, and it gives you such a new outlook on life. I came back and proposed to my boyfriend!"
"My family went to Camp Kenya in the spring of 2014. There hasn't been a day since returning that the memories of that trip haven't somehow played into our thoughts and conversations. The staff was brilliant - from the moment of pick up at the airport, to working with us at the Camp, to teaching us how to build desks from scratch at the school, plant on hilly ground at the the women's centre, and track animals in Tsavo. Our daughter was 10 years old, and she still talks about playing games with the students at the school with balls made from scraps and pebbles, and watching the queue for lunch. It was a transformative experience for us all. The accommodation was much nicer than we expected. The last few days on the beach were lovely. I highly recommend the trip to anyone who wants to make a difference on their holidays."
"Doing Camp Ecuador was one of the best things I've ever done! I met the most amazing people and made some great friends, everybody was so nice and welcoming. The project work was great and really made me feel like I was making a difference. It was such an amazing experience and one I will never forget."
"If was defiantly pleasantly surprised with Camps . I did the 3 months Ecuador and Peru programme . Camps staff was friendly helpful and by the end Project leaders were just part of the group as good friends . Got to see parts of the country and be part of the communities which was amazing much better than just been a normal tourist . Got the freedom in the big cities at the weekend to explore more of the culture and do lots of fun activities . Project work was rewarding and I've learned loads of new skills that I wouldn't have tried before . I also made friends for life they became my extended family. I'm really glad I chose Camps and also loved the surprise activities that we got . Loads of support and would 100% recommend ! ??"
"My trip to Kenya was everything i could have dreamed of and more! in just 3 months i managed to jump out an aeroplane, climb kilimanjaro, become a qualified scuba diver, meet countless incredible people and play a part in some of the amazing ongoing projects camp run. if your thinking about doing a trip with camps, stop thinking and BOOK IT! id do it all over again in a heartbeat. scary to think its almost been a year since i left.... norwich isn't quite as homely as Camp Muhaka and Camp Tsavo"
"My trip this summer was my second trip with Camps International - which just goes to show how much I loved it the first time! My first trip was through my school two years ago and I spent an amazing month in Tanzania. I loved it so much that within three months of coming home I'd booked my second trip - two months in Borneo to be undertaken during my gap year. My experiences have changed my outlook on life and helped to shape the person I am today. I have learnt a lot about myself and about parts of the world I had never thought twice about, as well as forming friendships that I know will last a lifetime. I'm even considering trip number three!"
"Camps International offers a great opportunity to make a real change to a community a million miles away from home. The volunteering programmes also allow you to truley experience a country's culture as you live, eat and work with the local people, picking up new skills along the way. If you want to experience something completely new and create great memories camps international is for you."
"Very well organised and great experience, great to get to know the locals and help build their village felt very welcomed. Couldn't have asked for more"
"My trip to Ecuador with Camps International was unforgettable!! The first day that I arrived it was late at night and I was exhausted and worried that no one would be waiting for me, but I was greeted by Paola. Paola was so warm and welcoming I knew that this was going to be a great trip! Camps International is a great organization, they brought us to some beautiful places in Ecuador and the communities that we stayed in were amazing. The communities were so honoured to have us and I will never forget the children that we spent our mornings with. I never realized how incredible it feels to help others learn until I took a trip with Camps International. On the trip I also made life long friends that I will continue to talk to a cherish my whole life. I hope to have the chance to go on another trip again, I would love to volunteer in Africa."
"This trip was great! From the start the booking process was easy with friendly people at the end of emails and phone calls. First ever flight by myself and had a 6 hour delay! Staff waiting in borneo were great for reassurance. I went at a quiet time so got to know the other 3 volunteers really well. It was great to feel we helped out in the local community and learnt new skills. Much more than I could of expect. The only good thing about coming home was the free upgrade to business class! Thank you :)"
"Those two months i've been there where just amazing. Met some awesome people from Camps and a few locals. I'm glad i had the change to do something usefull for those wo need it. Big Thanks!"
Camps International is rated 4.58 based on 110 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!