Immerse Education Ltd. Reviews

of reviewers recommend Immerse Education Ltd.
3 - 6 Hours
Read Immerse Education Ltd. Reviews

About Immerse Education Ltd.:

Cambridge Immerse is a two week residential academic programme with a diverse and enriching curriculum, designed for 16-18 year old students – providing a taster of what it’s like to study a subject at university level. Academic sessions are carefully designed and taught by expert tutors in an optimal learning environment that stimulates academic enquiry. Our carefully planned schedule ensures that the programme not only exceeds the academic needs of the participants, but also provides a unique experience of the university city through an abundance of extracurricular activities.

Tell us how Immerse Education Ltd. made you happy
Firstly, all the mentors were really nice and helpful. My mentor was very friendly and truly made the experience better for me. I really enjoyed Nigel Warburton’s talk because it was on philosophy and I took philosophy classes here, so it helped me in the lesson. Simon Parker’s talk was also very encouraging to go after your passion. I enjoyed my philosophy lessons a lot because it forced me, in a good way, to think and question more. My tutor was really nice and helpful. She was extremely good at explaining complex subjects. She also answered my questions regardless of how absurd they were. As an activity I really enjoyed kayaking. I also enjoyed the formal dinners a lot, since it gives an insight to a traditional Cambrdige event. I think that Immerse has helped me to be better in my subject but it also has helped me to have better social skills. Overall, it was a great experience in which I learned and had fun at the same time.
Thank you for your positive review! We're delighted to hear that you had a memorable experience on the Immerse Philosophy academic programme in 2019.

We're do pleased that you enjoyed the guest lecture from Simon Parker and that your classes were so inspirational! We know it's really important to have a supportive tutor and it's great to hear that she encouraged you to explore your potential in the subject.

Please do keep in touch with Immerse Education as we continue to expand the number of benefits that we offer each of our alumni.

The Immerse Education Team
My time at Immerse has made me so much more confident in myself and my abilities. I have progressed so much in the past two weeks and am now absolutely positive in my decision of applying to study HSPS in Cambridge. All my lessons were engaging and interesting, with my tutor regularly checking that the level of our topics wasn't too easy or too hard, without encouraging us to be lazy. I was challenged everyday with my assignments - but nothing was ever too difficult that my level of understanding was compromised. The activities we did were all fun and interesting, and I was so busy trying new things, I didn't have time to be homesick or shy. The highlights of my experience were probably the lessons, the talent show, punting, and getting to see all the colleges. The atmosphere throughout the course was so welcoming and open, I never felt self-conscious or like I was being judged for expressing myself in the subject that I love.
Thank you for your positive review, Áine! We're delighted to hear that you had a memorable experience on the Immerse academic summer programme in 2019.

We're so pleased that you had a supportive and fulfilling experience with Immerse that enabled you to explore your love for your subject with like-minded peers. It's great to hear that you now know what you would like to achieve in the future!

The Immerse Education Team
My favourite memory at immerse was having free time and hanging out with my friends. Despite being given a lot of freedom, I also feel as though being at immerse has taught me a lot: from tips to improve my creative writing skills, to general university tips I may need in the future. The most enjoyable activities for me were the punting activities and the trips to Oxford and London. In addition to all of this, the mentors, teachers and all staff in general, were very friendly. 10/10 would recommend. One of the best experiences of my life.
Thank you for your positive review! We're delighted to hear that you had a memorable experience on the Immerse academic summer programme in 2019.

It's so good to hear that you enjoyed our cultural excursions and that our summer team made you feel welcome as you made new friends during the programme!

The Immerse Education Team
I enjoyed the classes very much. Through them I was introduced to topics which I had not covered in school. I enjoyed the modern geometry the most. Having grown up in Iceland, I have never experienced what studying my subject in English would be like and so that was very useful and fun for me. My favourite activity was the Shakespeare play. It was the first time I had ever been to anything of that sort. The academic fair proved very useful and gave me a clearer idea of what applying to university in England would be like. Before coming to Immerse I could never have imagined that I would make such great friends. I’m sure I will keep in touch with them for the rest of my life. I’m still amazed at how quickly those two weeks passed by. It has been a privilege to be part of this course.
Thank you for your positive review, Felix! We're delighted to hear that you had a memorable experience on the Immerse academic summer programme in 2019.

It's so great to hear that your time with Immerse offered you new opportunities to both explore your subject and form new friendships through our programme of activities.

The Immerse Education Team
Immerse has helped me to become more independent and learn how to speak up for myself/socialize. Strive for my dream and never give up no matter what other people think.
Coming to Immerse, I never knew what to expect. I was excited at the prospect of learning university topics and meeting new people. I was also worried about socializing, as my social skills aren't that good. Well, I can say for a fact that I have no regrets about coming to Immerse 2019. From the College Managers to the tutors to the mentors; It was a fantastic experience for me. I have met new people from various countries. I liked every bit of the camp and I would remember every single part of this camp. It was awesome
I really enjoyed my experience at Immerse. I found the talks really interesting and engaging, they were really fun to listen to and I really got inspired. The activities we did were also very fun and different to things I usually do. I especially liked kayaking and the scavenger hunt. I enjoyed making many new friends from different backgrounds. I also found the classes very engaging, we had many interesting class discussions about architecture. My tutor was very friendly and was open to answering our questions.
I wouldn't really be able to decide on a favorite memory here because they have all become the most treasured for me. but if I were to pick one it would be when it all started. I met really incredible people that day I got here and also when I started my course on Monday. Immerse helped me find new friends and that everyday, even when there has been something, will always hold something new and fun. I managed to understand more about what I was interested in and build upon the wobbly foundations I had previously built. To me the most enjoyable activities where: kayaking, cake and canvas. Here I managed to connect with more people and do things I had never done before. Also, the thing that I enjoyed the most was the independence given to us. We get to realize what it is like to not be with our parent's by our side. Immerse builds upon these foundations in a very creative but challenging way. This is what really pushed this program to the top. The mentor families and your tutor classmates form really close bonds. I really hope to be able to come back next year to see what new activities, challenges and overall experiences will come in the future.
It's safe to say that Immerse has upended my life path, in the best of ways. It introduced me to two experiences I had never considered as a potential part of my life: the study of economics and the university experience in the U.K. As the sessions went on, I began to develop a passion for economics that I thought my distaste for math would never let me acquire. I started thinking like an economist, considering problems from economic standpoints, and getting excited at the prospect of finally being able to understand —and weigh into— financial and economic conversations that happen both in my social circles and in my debate circuit. The study of economics at Immerse felt like the door to understanding the world was truly opening before my eyes, and made me shift my university aims toward that field of study. Immerse made me feel like I have the potential to excel at something I thought I'd never have a talent for. In the process, I also developed some incredible friendships and bonds. I interacted with people from different cultures, academic interests, and social backgrounds, enriching my worldview in every conversation. My favorite activities were kayaking and punting: there's no way to know someone better than to get on a very small boat with them! By the end of the program, I knew I would be sadder to leave than I had originally anticipated, but I did not dislike that in the least.
This program has taught me many things that will help me in my education as well as in other aspects of my life. My favorite memory was being able to share and be friends of people from totally different cultures and doing fun activities with them. Immerse has helped me understand what I will experience some when I start my university carrier. The activities I most liked were the talent show and the trips to Oxford and London with my friends.
Immerse gave me one of the best 2 weeks of my life. I have learned extremely valuable information regarding University of Cambridge, life in UK and studying in UK. I received useful advices that will definitely help me with my university application. Not only that, I also met many wonderful and inspiring people that I hope to stay friends with. I have to say it was worth every penny and that I enjoyed every second of my program. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to study in UK or has any doubts about their university application.
The immerse program led me through a path that I could have ignored and walked past. In the sense that I have better understanding on what to expect as an architecture student in university. Meeting people from around the world has helped to improve my understanding of different cultures (I even started learning a new language through a friend). Lastly, engaging in group activities (with my course mates and mentor family) helped to improve my team work as well as my communication skills. Unfailingly, I am grateful for this opportunity however, having a three week Immerse program would be more fun. There is so much to do but so little time.
Immerse has been the most beautiful experience I’ve ever had ! I met people from all over the world, with different cultures and lifestyles. I learnt so much from them. Concerning the academic sessions, they were absolutely fantastic ! My tutor was passionate about her field and taught me so much. The open-mic night was amazing ! People came together and enjoyed spending time singing. The talent show was an absolute highlight ! I never thought that I would make lifelong friends and experience the university life like I did ! Leaving this campus which has been my home for two weeks is extremely hard.
These two weeks of Immerse went by so fast! The time was filled with many activities, it was never boring! The mentors, tutor, other participants and even the kitchen staff were so friendly and caring that Cambridge easily felt like home.
Looking back at the time I had at Immerse, I realize that it has enabled me not to just realize what my passion was or what activities I enjoyed, but what type of person I was as well. Making friends in a different environment and getting involved in activities like kayaking, croquet, and even shopping with new peoples helped me see who I was. Coming to academics, taking my engineering course, I realized that I loved physics more than the actual building which I think would be a huge aid in helping me decide on my future endeavors. It was a 10/10 experience.
Wow Immerse has been an amazing,spectacular experience that I will never forget; as cheesy as it may sound but I’ve grown to not only fall in love with the city but make friends like family. Punting and Sports we’re definitely my favorite activities and exploring the different colleges along with surrounding ourselves with beautiful history. Immerse has definitely challenged me and allowed me to focus and concentrate on what I want to pursue in the future. Thank you :)
Coming into Immerse I was very nervous and unsure of how I'd fit in socially and how well I'd cope with the work. This stress was completely unnecessary. I made new friends before I'd even left the airport and the teaching approach ensured I understood all topics covered and not once did I feel ashamed for taking longer to understand certain concepts. The Immerse experience has not only allowed me to meet new people from around the world with wholly different ways of life, but also helped me develop a previously untapped enthusiasm for my chosen subject. The activities were always really enjoyable; and learning about as well as exploring Cambridge greatly added to my enjoyment of the experience. It's difficult to choose a favourite memory, but the overall experience has been unforgettable.
Immerse has made me far more confident in my knowledge of the subject I want to study, and even more certain that I want to study it. Over the course of the two weeks I've also become a more confident person in social situations overall (being thrown into an entirely new environment really does help!), and am a lot more comfortable about moving on to a university now. The idea of almost entirely independent research isn't as far-off or intimidating as it was before, either. The formal dinner definitely counts as one of my favourite memories from my time here - it involved so much giggling I almost ended up in tears - and the people I've met here have made the entire experience amazing. All in all, a brilliant way to spend two weeks over the summer, with an impact that will last a lot longer.
I believe Immerse has provided a fantastic journey for us and I am passionate about the classes here. My tutor and mentor are both friendly and warm-hearted . It is definitely an unforgettable memory.
Immerse, for me, has been incredible. I wanted to challenge myself and venture out from my little shell: I promised myself I would take every opportunity to experience something new, be extroverted, do all I could to meet and engage with new people....and LEARN! The multi-cultural environment, the interactive activities and classes offered by the program were perfect to encourage and promote unity and friendship between all the students, thus enabling to fulfill my goals. Overall, the program surpassed my expectations. The activities were awesome, truly encouraging (and proved successful!) in bringing people closer together, they were really fun and unique (I loved Krashball!). The classes were very open-minded and interactive, rich on feedback and academic content. They were well structured, and it was clear we all assimilated what we learned and progressed with each passing day. They could be challenging, but coming up with creative ideas and solutions for problems and tasks set up through different approaches was enlightening, thrilling and made each day at class unique. There were also plenty of enriching opportunities to better understand and prepare for university life. These insights were very valuable, as they were provided by our experienced and friendly mentors. But not only do mentors pass on their “real-life knowledge”, they also make sure to engage and have fun with us, enhancing the bonding experience. I will also bring attention on to how there is a great balance between freedom and what is planned and scheduled for us. During our trips, breaks and free time, we were free to experience what places like Cambridge, Oxford and London have in store for us; and to discover it by ourselves is a great, liberating and enriching experience. At the same time, it is also grounding and exciting to look forward to the amazing activities that are planned for the afternoons. From getting to know the beautiful city, to art, to eating, to sports, to dancing; it was all marvelous fun to participate in and make lots of friends with. Being totally sincere, but anyways failing at not sounding too exaggerated or dramatic, I must say my experience at Immerse has been life-changing, very enriching, and may have probably been (until now) the best time of my life. Only negative point...?: Should’ve lasted for way longer than just two weeks! :) Some key moments I’ll always remember/treasure: - Falling from the kayak and having a nice swim in the river Cam :) - The trips to both Oxford and London - Mentors dancing! - Krashball!!! (Would’ve loved to do it again!) - Dancing with friends at a silent disco - Feeling challenged by ingenious tasks set up by my tutor in class - Breakfast time! (The egg on fried toast was mouth-watering!) Thank you very much, Immerse. I wish I could have a dvd with a video of everything that has happened each day, as not to have to rely only on my memory from now on!
Immerse Education Ltd. is rated 4.90 based on 205 reviews