Cambridge Kitchens Reviews

87% of reviewers recommend Cambridge Kitchens

About Cambridge Kitchens: Cambridge Kitchens and Bathrooms is a family run business, we have been designing and installing kitchens in the Cambridge, Newmarket and Bishops Stortford areas since 1978. We have strict beliefs that quality comes first, installing beautifully designed kitchens in a professional manner by our experienced team of designers and installers. We are highly regarded in our industry, with the majority of our business coming from client recommendations. A long standing KBSA member allows peace of mind for all of our clients, you know your money is in safe hands.

info@cambridgekitchens.co.uk

297 Mill Road

Tell us how Cambridge Kitchens made you happy

Nic Skipper
"Cambridge Kitchens made the whole process of changing the kitchen easy, right through from the design stage to the fitting. They were happy for us to tweak the design until it was exactly what we wanted. Fitting a new kitchen is a huge amount of upheaval, but everyone involved was friendly and and polite. We now have a kitchen that makes the whole room look bigger and most importantly is joy to use."
Sue
"My kitchen is unusually small and I wanted to get the maximum amount of work surface and cupboard space from my new kitchen. Unlike other designers, Erika from Cambridge kitchens engaged enthusiastically with this concept and has completely transformed the space. All the staff I dealt with were very helpful and professional - especially Graham, my fitter, who was highly competent as well unfailingly cheerful and hard working. I am very happy with the service and the result."
Dr Mahesh Babu From Essex
"We installed our kitchen in our new build house this year. Cambridge kitchen was extremely helpful in planning designing and supplying our kitchen. Specific mention has to be made of Mr Paul Carey their design consultant. He was instrumental in designing our kitchen and always available to help. He was knowledgable, honest and caring. I would strongly recommend Cambridge kitchens."
Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
We're really glad to hear that you're happy with your new kitchen. We too think the end result is stunning!

Thank you for including a picture in your review too.

Kind regards,
The Cambridge Kitchens Team
"Cambridge Kitchens and Bathrooms designed, supplied and installed a new bathroom in our small, Victorian house. Special thanks should go to our designer, Paul, who was hugely helpful and creative in putting together a plan that allowed us to make the of the very limited space available, and to the fitters, Marcin and Bartek, who were friendly, efficient, and highly competent. Jamie, the surveyor, was similarly diligent and professional. The project was carried out to the agreed time-scale (two weeks) and every effort was made to minimise disruption to us. Last-minute adjustments were accommodated with understanding and good humour, and communication was great at every stage. We're very pleased with the work Cambridge Kitchens and Bathrooms carried out, and would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone looking for high-quality products and service."
"We recently had our ensuite fitted by Cambridge Kitchens and Bathroom. From the design to the fitting it was carried out very professionally. Every day they tidied up so there was very little mess. The fitter was very professional in his work and also the design for the the ensuite. We would have no hesitation in recommending Cambridge Kitchens and Bathrooms."
"We have recently had our ensuite installed by Cambridge Kitchens and Bathrooms. From the beginning of the designing and fitting of the ensuite was carried out by very professional people. They tidied up at the end of every day and there was very minimal mess involved. We would have no hesitation in recommending Cambridge Kitchen and Bahrooms."
"David from Cambridge Kitchens came out to fix a few minor adjustments we were waiting to have completed. He was friendly and efficient. Thank you!"
"Amazing customer service, and friendly staff. Definitely would reccomend."
"The job was done in our absence on holiday. The result is a good job ideal for our purpose. There have been a number if snags which have been promptly corrected by your kind staff."
"We posed the designer, Dan, a real problem in asking him to turn a very small room with a shower cubicle and toilet into a wet room suitable for my daughter who has recently become blind. His careful attention to all our requirements together with his vision led to plans that we were delighted with. Whats more, following his advice, we were able to claim exemption from VAT because of my daughter's disability leading to a considerable saving that we would otherwise not have known about. The professionalism of the fitters brought the plans into reality and we couldn't be any happier with the final result. Aftercare was also faultless as a problem that only became apparent after we started using thevqet room was dealt with expeditiously and without any fuss. We have no hesitation in recommending Cambridge Kitchens and Bathrooms for the quality of their service from start to finish."
"Fantastic service from start to finish! Stefanie (the designer) took time to listen to our wants and likes and gave us plenty of ideas. She gave us various design options and budget options. I had a bespoke mantel above my cooker made which I wanted to be detailed. The design team did a brilliant job of making my dream kitchen a reality for our budget. David (our fitter) was very helpful and took great care in every detail. Would definately recommend! Now going to start saving for one of their bathrooms!!"
"Our new kitchen went into a space in an old property that hadn't previously been a kitchen. Bianca's design expertise and patience helped us create something that is functional yet looks good - she was always on hand to answer queries and guide us through the process of getting to what we wanted. Delivery time and fitting time were what we had been told to expect. Yes, we did encounter some issues at the fitting stage but Cambridge Kitchens were happy to work with us to get them resolved to our satisfaction."
"We had our previous kitchen fitted by Cambridge Kitchens and we were pleased with the whole process result. Having looked at other kitchen fitters and not finding what I was looking for, we went back to CK. Bianca was our designer and the result was good even after changing things around by changing our minds. The start date was kept ( we had actually removed a lot of the units ourselves ). The units were just as expected. The fitters were friendly and got on with the job. The tiler we were not so pleased with. Then we had delays due to miscommunication. The project manager never came or rang to check how things were going. He did respond by email. There were other set backs which were compensated for. It all took 8 weeks to complete which was far longer than expected. There were things missed or needed to be put right but this was done. Yes I would go back but with checks made first and an agreed time scale."
"We had previously had our kitchen done by Cambridge kitchens and were confident that they would do a good job on our three bathrooms. We were not disappointed, the work started on the date given to us and finished on time. The advice given to us by Paul the designer was useful and we love the end product. Kv innovations who completed the work were friendly, hard working, tidied up at end of each day and their standard of work was very high. We would definitely recommend them ."
"We chose Cambridge Kitchens & bathrooms for our new kitchen having been recommended by several friends initially and after having used them a few years ago in our previous home. Both projects have been completely different, our previous kitchen was a traditional country style kitchen but this time we have chosen a modern handle-less design to complement our new kitchen/family room extension. On both projects we have been delighted with the result of the design and the quality of the furniture. I would not hesitate to recommend their work to any of my friends, we are very happy customers! Thank you."
"So terrible their own workers quit! Timeliness: The project was due to take 6 weeks but took CK 6 months (Aug 2018-Feb 2019), and in the end we still didn’t get the kitchen we paid for with design and measurement errors meaning it couldn’t be fulfilled - our designer Bianca refused to take responsibility.  Service: Disappointingly there was ineffective project management, fitters frequently complained Neil Ali was uncommunicative. We found this to be true when he refused to answer our calls or respond to emails. Problems were compounded by the fact that three CK fitters and a sub-contractor quit CK over the course of our project - all of them complaining about how poorly run the business was.  Quality: Work was often substandard - requiring several visits to re-do - wasting everyone’s time. We asked to discuss the problems with Dylan (owner) who refused to call or meet us. For what is meant to be a fully project managed service, CK dragged their heels throughout and only when we were advised (by their own fitters) to threaten legal action did we see work progress. Clearly, we don’t recommend CK, but if you are tempted to use them our advise would be (1) do not agree to pay the full balance upfront - negotiate stage payments, (2) keep detailed photos/email chains - we were told at several points we would have to pay more for things they had previously agreed to. Finally, note that we were offered money to ‘avoid a bad review’. We refused, you deserve to know. "
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are very sorry to hear about your recent negative experience. We always strive for the best possible customer service and it’s disappointing to read that you were not happy with the service you received. As you’re aware, we’ve recently reached out to you to resolve the issue and understand where improvements can be made.

Kind Regards,
The Cambridge Kitchens and Bathrooms Team
Thank you for your lovely review Sue and thank you for including pictures of your kitchen.

Kind regards,
The Cambridge Kitchens and Bathrooms Team
"I recently had 2 bathrooms done by Cambridge Kitchens and I think they did an amazing job. The design process was professional and efficient and they worked within our budget and prescriptions to find something suitable for our needs. The timeline expectations were met every step of the way and the communication was very clear about every aspect from design to completion. The fitters were very professional and left the premises clean and tidy after every day’s work. Their work was of impeccable standard and we are loving the new spaces they created!"
"We had a new kitchen from Cambridge Kitchens 11 years ago. It was my dream kitchen. Since then, we have moved house and needed another new kitchen. We didn't look anywhere else. Cambridge Kitchens did a great job with the first one so we went direct to them for our second kitchen. Our new Kitchen is wonderful. The service from start to finish was first class. Lots of good advice during the planning and top craftmanship from the fitter. I would definitely recommend Cambridge Kitchens."
"This is our second kitchen from Cambridge Kitchens. We found visits to the Potton Show Centre in St. Neots very useful showing various kitchens in a home environment. As the first time the whole process was professional throughout from the time spent on the design through survey to installation. The site was always left tidy during installation. All trades arrived on the dates given in the schedule and were respectful of our home. Any issues were dealt with at the time and in a timely manner. We are very happy with our new kitchen and would have no hesitation in recommending Cambridge Kitchens to friends and family."
"A lengthy process and over a year from our first request for an update to our existing 'Cambridge Kitchens' kitchen to its completion . It now looks lovely and we are very happy but overall a very unsatisfactory, long drawn out process."
"I am very pleased with my kitchen. The salespeople were friendly and helpful. Unfortunately the delivery dates were not so good. Once ordered the delivery dates kept being put back. My kitchen was finally delivered over two months later than first promised. The fitter was very nice, friendly and efficient. The only problems I had were from ordering, was being given a delivery date then all the postponements. It looks good."
Cambridge Kitchens is rated 4.40 based on 55 reviews