CALA Homes Reviews

of reviewers recommend CALA Homes
Telephone

Tell us how CALA Homes made you happy
Buyers beware... I recently read an article where Stuart Moggach, customer experience manager at CALA Homes (North) said: “At CALA Homes, the customer journey is of the upmost importance, from start to finish." Well, let me tell you about my experience with purchasing a property from CALA. We were misled from day one: extremely poor quality of workmanship, dishonesty about future developments plans and the quality of the sound insulation. During the past 2.5 years I've had around 62 visits from CALA and wrote around 180 emails. The whole flooring was redone, major work with pipes, all windows and a patio door had to be changed due to damage during their installation and later on had to be re-sealed because of leakage. My bath panel was re-installed 2 weeks ago after 20 months - I had to write to the Managing Director because the Customer Service Manager wouldn't organise it. After living in my property for 2 and a half years, neither the communal lights nor the fire alarm system is working properly. This isn't an experience I would wish on anyone. I'm not the only one at this development who feels this way and our "customer journey" has been a been a very stressful one.
Not what you expect from a “premium house builder”. Seem more interested in saving themselves money than doing the right thing for their customers. Certainly no quality of aftercare once you’ve completed. We have snags dating back to 2017 notification awaiting rectification (they’ve agreed to the works) and a major snag reported in January 2018 which is still not repaired despite being a health and safety risk. Another major issue which will go to arbitration backed by independent contractors who have reported on their defective workmanship. Many, many hours and days expended for phone calls, emails and site visits only to be completely let down. All in all we’ve totally lost confidence in Cala Homes.
House is good but the customer service is worst , they say they will do all snags in 6 weeks ... its been 4 months now and my floor is swollen since 30 days in the house .... the ceilings are chipping off ... the silicon sealant work is messy .. may be my 3 year old could do better ... dont be fooled by the few homes and their gardens ... we are on the inside road in whitehouse and our front Gardens are awful they said the others were done by sales .. not our road .
I have to say, I am a Dual US/UK Citizen. In the past I held a General Contractors license in FL. Grew up around all new developments. I currently live across the street, from a new Cala development, Waterfront Plaza, and I am on the 9th floor and watch construction every day, I can say, they appear to be the poorest quality construction, by any standard, and there is no possible way they could even remotely get a COO (Certificate of Occupancy) in the states. Not to mention they think putting 3 Bedroom and 1.5 Baths in 600 Square Feet/ 56 Square Meters and try selling for over £325K. Not to mention all appliances are the poorest quality you could buy, lucky if they would even last the 1st year.
GREAT HOUSES, NOT SO GREAT MORALS My family moved into a new CALA home during 2018. The house is fantastic - we love it! Brilliantly designed to be highly practical and stylish. Yes, there is a premium on CALA houses, but it's worth it and not as big as it seems when you compare what you get for the money when compared to other builders. Storage, for example, is ample and then some. Fixtures and fittings are high quality. Everything you reasonably want or need is included rather than extra. Snagging has been relatively minor, and by and large well dealt with. Not perfect, but in the context of typical customer service levels in the UK, well above average. The service in the sales office was perfect - truly flawless! Unfortunately, despite all of the above, we have been left with a bad taste in our mouth. CALA have confirmed that they consider prejudice and discrimination on grounds of sexual orientation and gender to be acceptable. How have I established that....? In the midst of the family-centred community CALA have built is a section of open ground in the so-called "village centre", designated for a pub/restaurant. Rather than play their part in ensuring they met their promise in that respect, or at least provided some similar community access building for us all to use, they have given their consent to a "church" to build there, whose publicly stated position is that homosexuality is "wrong", there is no such thing as same-sex marriage, and anyone attracted to someone of the same sex must live a single and celibate life. They believe in gender roles, whereby women are precluded from performing some roles reserved for men. These are only examples of their prejudiced outlook, which are far too lengthy to list here. Suffice to say, they're not the sort of people that the majority of our society would associate with or relate to. Making matters worse, this land is immediately adjacent to our primary school, a location the church note to be "ideal", for reasons they have refused to explain. As would be expected, a great many people in our community have reacted with dismay and disbelief at the suggestion that these people should be even considered for a place amongst us. See here for more information: https://m.facebook.com/nogracechurch/ The obvious concerns have been raised with CALA, not that it should have been necessary. They gave their consent for this abhorrent "church" to apply to join our community. It remains within their power to act responsibly and stop it. To help to deliver something suitable instead. They have chosen not to, and when asked to confirm they do not accept or approve of the church's prejudicial and discriminatory views, they declined to do so. In summary, if you want a nice house and very good service, CALA are a great choice. If you're looking for a principled company to deal with, they're not so hot at that and don't seem to care about the community of customers they've sold their houses to, some of whom will be prejudiced against as a direct result of their choices. This was an outstanding opportunity for CALA to demonstrate corporate responsibility on a subject where others have done so recently in similar circumstances. They have failed abjectly.
CALA Homes produce lovely houses designed to a high spec, the problems arise after you are in and the plot is now your home, trying to get the inevitable snagging issues fixed, again it's not the quality of the workmanship but the lack of correspondence or information to try to get your issues looked into, nothing happens without stress, hassle and aggravation, it seems once they have your money you are no longer a priority to them.
CALA Homes is rated 1.33 based on 6 reviews