Buyagift Reviews

56% of reviewers recommend Buyagift

Tell us how Buyagift made you happy

Telephone
"Amazing price. Cheaper than going direct to supplier!"
"Terrible!! Most stressful gift I have ever been bought. I gave them dates to which they said I needed to pay an additional £80. I paid the £80. They then asked for confirmation of names to book. In the same email as giving them names and PRIOR to the booking being finalised I asked that the dates be amended to one week later. Instead of responding they just booked the original dates and when i said I had asked for different dates I got told to pay more money. Which would be even more than the had I booked with the hotel direct minus any gift voucher. I asked for them to provide me with a solution and suggested that maybe they provide me with alternative dates that don't cost and I was told they had booked it on the earlier dates and I have the booking voucher. No customer service at all. No going over and above to try and assist. I tried to point out that they booked it AFTER I requested different dates but it didn't hit home."
"A present bought for me by my son, I tried to book an activity but was not told the activity had ended and was allowed by the site to carry on even though there was no way I could book it. so I exchanged my voucher and paid the difference only to go onto the site to find that the activity cannot be booked until the voucher has expired. on both occasions they knew the expiry date of the voucher and that one activity had ended and the other was not available until after the expiry date, a simple check by the system could have flagged both problems up and may have saved me trying to book unavailable activities which will now cost me more money to redeem my present from my son."
"I have contacted but a gift 7 times about a buy a gift experience which I needed to extend but couldn't. I have been promised 2 callbacks but have not received any. I have emailed twice and no response. Waste of my husband's money was my Christmas present."
"Easy to use website, clear and precise instructions, great gift ideas, and icing on the cake had a discount, on top of their discount, couldn’t be better"
"Bought 130£ two day mini break package and now voucher code doesn’t work! Been to place where I purchased it from they couldn’t help and customer service at Buyagift shocking!!!! Looks like I lost my money I will be taking this further 😡"
"My voucher expired by 3 days and they wanted me to make an extra payment of £20. The previous times I tried to redeem voucher, they were fully booked."
"The website to book my spa weekend was down. After the long winded answerphone at buyagift customer services I eventually got to speak to Hannah who put me on hold whilst she said she would call the hotel. After 8 minutes of being on hold I phoned customer services again, this time from my mobile. I asked if he would let Hannah know that I was still on hold on the landline after 8 minutes. What did he do? He put me on hold, it's now 15 minutes and no one has bothered to tell me what's going on. First and last time I'll use this company!"
"I received a birthday gift box from my niece which cost her £50. I chose Westminster Abbey which cost £40 when we booked it. Emailed twice regarding £10 remaining without any success or reply from Buy a Gift.Do not use your voucher on this"
"Upon receiving an email from them I received 25% off an already excellent order. Their marketing communications are brilliant and help you to find the best bargains."
"I love this website. I have ordered many unique and fabulous gifts on this site for friends and family that I haven’t seen else where. I have also received gifts from this website. They are so easy to use and always worth the money. I highly recommend this website to all."
"They sent me an incorrect reference number for my experience. I have called two days in a row to have the issue resolved. They have robbed me. They are not accepting responsibility, despite the fact that I had emailed evidence of their error to two individuals at the company. One gentleman (Mathew Devlin) was really rude and the second lady (Shannon) that I spoke to assured me that a supervisor would be in touch by the end of the day. This obviously did not occur. This company is a scam and I doubt I will ever get my experience or money back. Trading standards may be my last resort because it is completely unfair that this company can scam people out of money in such a way."
"I was not satisfied with my experience bu when I complained it was rectified immediately"
"As a busy woman, juggling home and work, I have found the perfect way to 'chillax' with a real treat of a 'spa day'. Buyagift.com have a great range, excellent discounts and I now can treat myself (and my daughter) to a pampering session every other month. Easy to book and a really delicious lunch usually included. Thankyou for restoring my well-being'."
"Delivery was on time, I also saved money with the discount code."
"Us a salon owner stay away from this bayagift company - 9 months to terminate the contract - they makes you a slave!!!!!!!!!! Bad Bad Bad experience!!!!!!!!!!"
"They have a wide range of experience days and lots of discounted offers. The delivery arrived quickly and the experience days are always thoroughly enjoyable"
"Buyagift responded to my earlier review. However, their response was not acceptable. The e-voucher failed to print clearly on all three occasions and was not suitable to give as a gift. The email they sent me following purchase led me to expect a gift pack to arrive and making a charge to protect ones self from a possible £2.5K liability in the event of an accident, with this hidden in the notes section is entirely unacceptable - very much the American approach - cheap up-front until you actually buy all the bits you really need to make it work. Paul Grist"
"Received a voucher from a friend. It cost £99 and I did get 2 nights stay without breakfast, when I arrived at the hotel, the property was selling a 3 nights stay including breakfast for £94. I reckon that they contact small properties, offer them same rate that they would ask for but then they overcharge on top of it They asked me to review and I did mentioned it however they decided not to publish my review as was driving business away. This is what they wrote me On this occasion, our Review Team have flagged your text because of: Directing Business Away Please amend this and resubmit your review. Do not trust their own review system"
"Good discount on an amazing experience! And lovely presentation of the card itself. Postage was really quick too. All round very impressed"
Buyagift is rated 3.11 based on 27 reviews