Burrows Motor Company Reviews

91% of reviewers recommend Burrows Motor Company
customer service
"We are very offended and disappointed after spending over £28000 cash to purchase a brand new CHR HYBRID 2019 from Toyota Sheffield. No follow-up calls or email were received by us to check if everything was ok with the sale and the vehicle. The handing over of the vehicle was disappointing. There were finger marks everywhere inside the vehicle, the interior was very marked and there were footmarks on the front flooring of the car. This shows disrespect towards us as customers. The company has provided a very poor and inadequate customer service and we would be very reluctant to purchase any more vehicles from Toyota, Sheffield in the future."
(Burrows Toyota Sheffield) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Mrs McIntosh. I am very sorry to hear about this. Could you please email us your best contact details to catch you on and we will get a Manager to give you a call - info@burrowsmotorcompany.co.uk
"As per conversation with staff and email with Chris Jackson manager"
(Burrows Toyota Doncaster) - Posted 1 month ago
"Car had 4250 miles on the clock when the current advert said that it had about 2350 miles on the clock! We travelled a 200 mile round trip to buy this this and drive it away we were told we could not do this as it had to be serviced and valeted. We travelled home without the car we were trying to buy though a full bank transfer could have been made on the day . To give them their due they did offer to deliver the car which they did. Once it was delivered we found back near door edge was scratched and indented and also the central console scratched . It had certainly not been valeted as there was food debris between the seats and dirt in the boot . Large patches of mud in the third row of seats were still there even though we had been told it would be cleaned. The CD to set the dash cam was missing. We were posted another CD which we tried to play only to see an error message. When we pointed out the mileage error we were offered a complete refund before delivery but all in all this was a very disappointing experience. especially distasteful was to be told that "Well the car you traded in had faults too!!!!!" We were sent a little repair kit for the damage to the door."
(Burrows Toyota Doncaster) - Posted 2 months ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we are sorry that on this occasion your experience wasn’t 5*. After speaking with the team we understand that the price was adjusted to take account of the slightly higher mileage than advertised and you were, indeed, given the opportunity to not continue with the purchase if you felt the mileage was unacceptable. With regard to the valet, again we are sorry if this wasn’t up to our usual high standard and we will pass your comments back to the team so they can review their cleaning process. We hope to see you in the future and in the meantime wish you happy motoring.
"Protracted negotiation on deal left me dissatisfied and took shine off the car. Cash offered but you kept on offering finance and add ons which I later learnt had already been put on the car by first owner. Am aware salesman was in training so tolerated process but it was tortuous."
(Burrows Toyota Sheffield) - Posted 2 months ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Mr Young. We are sorry you found the process difficult and we thank you for your patience with our new recruit. There is a lot for them to learn and we are sorry that this took the shine off your new car. We do hope we will see you in the future when the process will be a whole lot smoother for you.
"After waiting 30mins after the appointed time had to ask when the salesman would start the handover. No petrol in tank as promised. No parcel shelf. Problem with the Toyota insurance which meant they couldn’t print the cover note. We asked about the car tax and told the car was taxed until January, some 10 days later we had to tax the car ourselves although we were then reimbursed. Not a great experience"
(Burrows Toyota Doncaster) - Posted 9 months ago
Hi Geoffrey - We are really sorry to hear that your experience with us has not been up to our usual standards. We understand that you have spoken with our General Manager and all issues have now being resolved.
"From my experience with Burrows at Worksop, since they took over Copcutt, they will try to sell you the car they want you to have and will go to any lengths to achieve this by giving you misleading information. I will never use them again and have moved my service plan to a national one, as the one issued to me only covered the Burrows group but I was not informed of this. It seems if you want Toyota in South Yorkshire it has to be Burrows, sounds like a cartel to me .No Thankyou never again."
(Burrows Toyota Worksop) - Posted 9 months ago
Hi David - we are sorry to hear that your experience with us has not been up to our usual standards. We can only apologise for the inconvenience this has caused for you.
"Purchased two cars from them one new one used. Sales person ok certain manager there will try to shoot you down, tell you lies and belittle you. Pre prep of the cars is poor and lots over looked."
(Burrows Toyota Sheffield) - Posted 9 months ago
Thank you for your feedback - we are sorry to learn that your experience with us has not been up to our usual standards.
"6 weeks after trading my car reg no YPO OAJ in for another car. I received a tax renewal from DVLA for the above registered car. I rang Burrows who couldn't give me a straight answer. I then phoned DVLA to discover that after all this time the car was still registered in my name. As this car had been sold on almost straight away by Burrows somebody has been driving around in a car that was still registered in my name. Thus making me liable for any traffick offences. It wasn't until I got in contact with Burrows that they contacted DVLA and rectified the problem. Still don't understand how the purchaser of the car could have taxed a car that was still registered to someone else."
(Burrows Toyota Doncaster) - Posted 10 months ago
Hi Mrs Gardner - we are sorry to hear about the experience that you have had with our Doncaster site. We also understand that our Sales Manager spoke to you a while back issuing an apology. Again we are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.
"The purchase of my car was was a pleasant experience and the salesman was excellent, and the service I received was excellent. My only complaint is - about a week or so after I filled in a online form requesting information about a service plan with burrows / Grant and Macallan and submitted it, I have received no reply which I find very surprising and consider this to be poor customer service especially from Grant and Macallan who I have a history of car purchases with and know this isn't the usual level of service they have offered in the past. Makes me wonder what service I will receive if I have to take my car in for a warranty issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
(Burrows Mint Cars) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi Scott - thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we are sorry that we didn't respond to your email. Having looked into this it would appear that it got caught in the system when we turned off the Grant & McAllin email and switched to just the Burrows Mint Cars address. We understand that John is contacting you to discuss your requirements.
"peeling interior plastic reported to BURROWS motor company Im waiting for 10 days no phone call no email ."
(Burrows Toyota Barnsley) - Posted 1 year ago
Sorry to hear you are still waiting for a reply Albina we will chase the site for you.
Hi Albina - we understand that the service manager has contacted you to discuss this further and that the part is on order.
Burrows Motor Company is rated 4.61 based on 327 reviews