Bumpers Driving School Reviews

91% of reviewers recommend Bumpers Driving School

How would you rate Bumpers Driving School?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

"My daughter booked 32 hours of lessons and a test with Bumpers Southampton. She paid the full amount. The instructor said he could only give 26 hours and the test. She had 26 hours of lessons, took the test and failed. She asked for the money back for 6 hours lessons (£132), a pro rata part of the fee paid to Bumpers (about £59), and the test fee (£62). Bumpers have only paid back the 6 hours of lessons."
"I passed my test first time yesterday. After having not quite positive experience with BSM I decided to switch to Bumpers and it proved to be very good decision. I have purchased the 10 hours package and my driving instructor was Latch. You could tell immediately that he knew his job very well. Latch was able to pick up all the mistakes I was making (and that I haven't even realised I was making as they had never been picked up by BSM instructor), was very patient with me and helped me to improve enough to pass the test. It was also very handy I was able to have lessons during the weekends as I work full-time, so don't have much spare time during the week. So overall would definitely recommend Bumpers to anyone!"
"I was so happy to pass first time with the help of latch if I hadn’t of had him as an instructor I don’t think I could have done it! He helped me so much in just the few lessons we had, he never bailed and cancelled our lessons and he always made sure we covered the things I wanted extra help with! Appreciate his help so much!"
"Really impressed with the experience from start to finish. Communication was great throughout and I got started in a matter of weeks. Judy was amazing and loved my whole experience - passed this morning and I couldn’t be happier! I recommend bumpers highly."
"Please pass on our thanks to Dan for getting Matt through his Driving test, he may not have been the easiest of students at times, but Dan certainly managed to make him feel at ease and achieve the required quality of tuition to get that Pass!"
"I passed my test today, first time. Ken my instructor gave me the confidence I needed by his constant assurance and constructive feedback on my driving. Ken made all maneuvers easy for me with his handy tips. I found Ken very professional and an excellent instructor."
"I had Judith as my instructor (Judy's driving tuition). She is very calming, considerate and easy to get along with. Unlike alot of instructors, she doesn't feel the need to comment on everything and she puts alot more faith in her students than most. Having had 2 instructors before her she is the only instructor that made me feel like I was in control, and not being b aby sat. Really great, would 100% recommend. In my opinion she is a great teacher, and it proves it when I passed first time."
"I had Ken as my driving instructor and couldn't fault him. He made every lesson comfortable and fun and I thoroughly enjoyed learning with him. Passed 1st time! Thank you Ken for all your support 😊"
"I had the worst experience with an instructor Latch, at Bumpers. I paid for 40 hours intensive over a month with a test at the end. Latch was not informed that this was the structure I requested and brained me. His lessons went well at first, then started to be late for lessons consistently. After only 20 hours of lessons he had me booked in for a test. Just before the test I was nervous and not driving as well as I had before. He got really mean in the lessons leading up to my test. Just before the test, he kept on saying that I was driving poorly on purpose and that I wanted to fail. He also regurally made comments about 'women drivers' and jokes at my expense. 0/10 would not recommend. When I contacted the company to ask for the rest of the lesson money to be refunded I was ignored. I feel they did not provide a good service and that they practically stole from me."
"They sorted my theory lessons and practical test. My instructor latch was top class and helped me to pass first time with 5minors Thanks Guys"
"I had ken as my instructor. He was very patient and a great teacher. I passed today 2nd attemp. Thank you ken :)"
"I had Mike as my instructor and he was seriously amazing! I have had a little driving experience before hand but not much at all. I done 16 hours in a week with him and he made sure I was happy and positive with everything before we moved on to the next thing. He really was amazing and I passed first time - I really wouldn't of been able to do it without him. I would recommend 110%! Thank you bumpers and especially thank you to Mike! :-)"
"Chris Lawes is a fantastic driving instructor and definitely the best I have ever driven with. He is highly professional, honest, very good with delivering feedback in a tactical way. He had instilled in me great methods and helped me understand situations I had previously found difficult. I am very happy with his teaching methods and would highly recommend Chris as first rate instructor!"
"I would recommend Bumpers as long as they got Judy Obee as an Instructor. She is amazing! Very calm and relaxing. Judy's intelligence in her teaching puts you at ease and gives you the much needed confidence. I am very grateful that Judy helped me pass first time."
Katie-Ann K
Verified Buyer
"All the hours I have done driving over the years was not too good as they just seem to want to get money off me as much as they could, IE they kept saying I wasn't ready for a test, but as soon as I came to Bumpers all they wanted is for me to pass my test. Latch was brilliant and I will be telling everyone I know who wants to pass to go to Bumpers and if u don't mind I'd like to put it on Facebook just to let everyone know how good Bumpers are. regards, Katie"
"Ken, my instructor was so positive, motivating and understanding. Even though I could drive (having done lessons before with a different instructor) I was lacking in confidence and self belief. Ken helped with that and was positive even when I made mistakes, he is calm and patient and happens to have a wicked sense of humour. I could not have done it without him. I would recommend go Bumpers to anyone. Thank you Ken."
"Prior to finding Bumpers Driving School both me and my partner were feeling a bit deflated about our driving lessons in general and the experiences we have received from alternative driving school's in Hampshire. After moving to Southampton and finding glowing reviews from other Bumpers students online we decided to give them a go and all I can say is wow! what a truly perfect experience we received. I cannot recommend Ken (our Bumpers School driving instructor) enough! he was exactly what we hoped for in a driving instructor giving us regular updates along the way, working around our busy schedule and pickup location/test area, he was patient, extremely knowledgeable and explained things in such a clear and concise way that made them so easy to grasp and learn from. Both me and my partner took our test today 26/4/2016 and I'm pleased to say we both past thanks to Ken and the confidence he gave us. If your looking for any type of driving lessons within the areas covered by Bumpers then look no further, you won't just learn to drive and drive well but you'll enjoy doing it to :) Thanks again Ken, you were brill! E & J :)"
"Hi I booked with this company. The service is not good after no one is answering the calls. I did not start my lessons yet Is very important for me to get the information within today as I need to plan ahead. I was told that I will get contacted the same day I booked which was 23rd or else I need to get my money back please I paid £442 is urgent I need help."
"Latch is THE best driving instructor you can have. He keeps you calm and makes jokes and is a fantastic teacher! He inherited me as a nervous wreck after having an awful experience with another driving instructor... (shaun.... do yourself a favour and do NOT go with him). Latch built my confidence up and I really enjoyed each lesson. He is calm and patient and knows how to keep you at ease! Really friendly and encouraging."
"Had to cancel the driving course.They do not answer emails and are reluctant to pay a refund.In their terms & conditions it states that if the lessons are cancelled 2 weeks or more before the lessons they keep 25% of the fee,which is fair enough. but their advisor on the phone says they will keep 50% of the fee. they go against their own terms & conditions left messages but no reply they will be hearing from my solicitor."
Bumpers Driving School is rated 4.60 based on 43 reviews