BUILT/ Reviews

91% of reviewers recommend BUILT/

About BUILT/ : Building supplies on demand. BUILT/ is not your traditional builder’s merchant.
Yes we are built for the trade and we sell all the building supplies you’d expect to find in a typical builders merchant but we value the tradesmans time more than anything else. As a result we’ve built a business based on giving you very competitive prices up front, offering you great service and faster ways to get your building materials to the site as quickly and efficiently as possible.

customer service
"My experience with built has been very poor. My first delivery came after 6pm when it should have been before 5pm. The plasterboards were not in great condition. I had a call from Richard to discuss my service on 1st April and was advised i would recieve a £50 voucher via email to use on my next order which i have not recieved. I still however used you guys for a second order. I appreciate you guys are cheaper but service has been better at wickes for my self build project."
"Useless they have no idea what they are doing"
"Useless no idea what each others doing ."
"Absolutely terrible delivery didn't come twice holding my job up costing me £400 in labour charges as lads had to wait around to see if would come and when finally came noone called to say it was delivered 2 let downs on delivery and still didn't get my vouchers either"
"Quick and efficient service....with a free meal! Brilliant!"
"Late delivery"
"I purchased 4x latex bags under Sales Order #SO24211. I over ordered by 2 so brought two back to your depot in Aston to be told that Built do not accept returns of bagged goods. this has not been made clear to me previously otherwise I would have purchased one at a time. I checked your online returns policy and on no part of the product page does it mention the returns policy for bagged items or specifically this item. i am furious that my return was not accepted and will be advising my friends of the poor service and poor labelling of online products."
"Delivery was 1 1/2 hours late. I called and requested an update which I never received. Support ticket raised #109 which has not been answered."
"After having a failed delivery last week thought I would give the company another go only to have missing items 2 very large jumbo bags of sand which the driver never noticed wasn't on the lorry and the loader had ticked as being loaded. Was told the bags would be delivered later that day and nothing arrived. No contact either from the company to explain why etc. Won't be using the company anymore good prices but poor delivery service"
"Although this a new way of ordering and collecting materials, I found it much much longer than just walking into another store such as selco and picking up the items I need. In addition, I ordered 25 sheets of 2.4x1.2 plasterboard and this was delivered in a normal van with the driver expected to unload this on his own. Of course, I gave him a hand but I cannot believe they expect their employee to unload such a load by himself with no aid. Unlike, the major competitors such as selco who deliver on large trucks with ease of unloading. I was very unimpressed by their service and unlikely to use Built again."
"order was never delivered"
"First time of using built as the prices seem quite good. Ordered with the am delivery slot of between 09:30-12:30. Sadly the order never turned up. Called them who said the driver should be here within a further hour and that someone would call back to confirm this. Never got another callback. After one hour I had to call again as order still hadnt turned up by 13:30. I was told they didnt know where the driver was. I had to go back to work in the afternoon as I could only get the morning off which i had take off especially for this delivery so I said I couldnt wait any longer and as they had failed to deliver, to issue me a refund. They agreed to issue a refund. Sadly the whole process was a total dissapointment."
"Nothing was ready. Had to wait 15 minutes to be seen. Ordered 14 bags of render and they only had 9 in stock so had to then wait 5 days for a refund and couldn't do said job as didn't have enough materials. Ordered short tooth scraper and got given long tooth scraper without realising. All in all waste of time."
"been in touch twice regarding a faulty wheel barrow and no one has sorted it."
"Would leave less than 1 if I could. Have not received the items purchased. Visited store to be told not all items in stock, promised q phone call to let me know when they would be in for collection or delivered to office. Haven't heard anything since. I phoned to find out what's going on, promised q phone call back - nothing. Waste of time and I presume I have also been charged for the items I haven't received.. A call back would be appreciated to resolve but not a good experience."
"couldn’t deliver my order on friday as promised but couldn’t even be bothered to phone . rebooked for monday between 9:30-12:30 still didnt turn up until 2:15 and the items damaged so I wouldn’t bother with them if u need items urgently"
"Pretty poor service Only 3 of my 10 items were delivered as I was told 7 were damaged I was originally told that my items would be delivered 3-4 working days later only to be told nearer the time I would have to wait another week The remaining items were therefore cancelled"
"The staff is great very helpful, the prices on items in built is fairly cheap I can not complain. Built suppliers are terrible they can not keep to the expected delivery date. I have been waiting now 2 weeks for fire and smoke seals I am constantly being told by built staff they still have not received delivery from suppliers. It’s really frustrating and i am really starting to lose my patients. I should be offered more than 10% discount since I have been waiting this long I guess it will be ignored."
Hi Noorul,

Please accept our apologies for this problem. We pride ourselves on always offering a reliable service with guaranteed delivery or collection dates & times. I will investigate how this delay has happened and will ensure actions are put in place to avoid this happening in the future.

Kind Regards

James
"I phoned to ask if the products could be left on my drive, because I might not be there.My daughter was in she was in the shower when the delivery arrived but it should have been left it wasn’t . Phoned Saturday hoping it would be delivered ,I was told it couldn’t be delivered until Monday ,you advertise next day delivery I asked if it could be delivered Sunday no it was not my mistact . So arranged for it to be delivered for the following Saturday had a phone call to say it can’t be delivered on the time I want because driver is sick. No time slot was given to me I have given you 8 days for you to deliver you guarantee next day I have been waiting 8 days I still wait for delivery"
"I needed an 8” concrete flue liner. Concerned that there was no confusion, after a number of calls to various staff members and finally getting one to measure both the inside 8” and outside 9” diameters I placed an order Friday afternoon for collection first thing Saturday morning. Having driven from the other side of Birmingham I was extremely disappointed to learn that it was the wrong part and I’d wasted my time. To add insult to injury when I asked for a refund, I was told they couldn’t help and I must apply on line"
Hi Mike,

Apologies for this mistake. We issued the refund straight away but it can take 3-5 workings days to be back in your bank account.

Please do give me a shout if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards