Building Supplies Online (BSO), Oxfordshire Reviews

of reviewers recommend Building Supplies Online (BSO), Oxfordshire
Courier, Own Driver

Vantage Business Park, Bloxham Rd, Banbury OX16 9UX, UK

Tell us how Building Supplies Online (BSO), Oxfordshire made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
I should have read the reviews about this company first! I ordered 1700 bricks via an email conversation with BSO and was sent a link to pay so not through their web site, Having had an extended conversation at no point did he say that they would only drop them in the road! and they came in a curtain sided lorry rather than the normal way of delivering a large order of bricks on a brick lorry with a highab crane.
The poor delivery guy couldn't believe they were on his lorry, nor could I and in 25 years of the building have I ever seen anything so stupid. 1.5 ton per pallet and only a manual pallet truck to move them with, wonder what the HSE would have to say about one man having too move 1.5 ton on his own on a sloping road and on a tail lift!
While trying to re-arrange delivery via email as you can't phone them Alex then disappears mid-conversation
AVOID these jokers if you don't want a world of aggravation
Horrendous! Don't bother delivering or communicating. Lost me the job I was on waiting over two weeks! Morons
Placed an order for a made to measure door, 18 week lead time. Paid and waited, no communication. Chased to find out what was happening to be told door had been damaged, I could have another door on an 18 week lead time or a discount, they supplied two poor quality images of the damage, so I asked where the damage on the door was, how big it was, could I have better images? No response, phoned up, call back promised, no call back, emailed no response, emailed again got told they would get back to me, yep you guessed they didn’t. No waiting for a refund. Absolutely terrible customer service.
Avoid terrible customer service..
Ordered online after checking they have stock but suddenly out of stock after I cancelled my order with another company
DO NOT USE THIS SITE
Complete waste of time.
Positives – They are quick and efficient in taking your money.
Negatives -
They do not send the goods you have paid for or any goods for that matter.
They do not answer the phone, their call system has three options all of them will put you on hold play you some music for a but and then cut you off.
They do not respond to emails. Emailed to ask where the goods I ordered were as they were listed with a 3-5 day delivery and it had been over 2 weeks. They only responded and promised a refund when I told them I was coming to their office.
As other have said, ordered some products totalling over £300 6 weeks ago. They weren't delivered within the the 3-5 days delivery time so we had to buy elsewhere and I emailed the company to cancel the order. Have been trying to get a refund ever since. Was promised I would receive the refund by today but it hasn't materialised. Out of the blue a delivery truck turned up with the goods on Wednesday, of course I turned it away as we no longer needs the goods. AVOID THIS COMPANY - SO MANY PEOPLE ARE REPORTING THE SAME EXPERIENCE.
Avoid at all costs, trying to recover over £500 for products that weren't delivered fro almost three months; ignored all emails for cancellation then wonder why when they randomly try and deliver after three months I refuse the goods! Absolute joke of a company
AVOID!!! By far the WORST experience I have ever had with any supplier. As a trade customer I deal with a broad spectrum of suppliers and without a doubt, this company is the most incompetent company I have ever dealt with. They literally never call you back. I was forced to chase missing orders for weeks and each time I eventually got through I was told someone would call me back - of course no one ever did! Their phone system also seems to cut you off with a pre-recorded message saying "we will call you back"after about 2 minutes on hold. On average it would take about 6 attempts until I got through.

I ordered 4 different products from 4 different suppliers through this company, I gave pretty simple instructions that I needed to know when the 4 different deliveries were due so I could arrange to be on site to receive them. The first 3 deliveries took ages and rocked up to site with no prior notice (obviously I wasn't there). The 4th delivery never turned up. A month after ordering I chased with a further phone call and asked to speak to a manager or someone in a position of responsibility, I was fobbed off and told to email them! Shortly thereafter I got an email saying this product was on backorder and asking what I wanted to do...

Repeatedly spoke to a Lee and a Jack, both of which promised me a call back from customer services or their manager Mandy. Never heard a peep after the phone call was terminated.
Put in order for materials & heard nothing for a week. Contacted to enquire then received email stating they don't deliver the product ordered in my area - something that should have been done at time of ordering or straight after. I can't afford to be kept waiting for materials only to be told a week later after chasing up that they can't deliver, so I will not use bso again.
"Ordered and paid for 4no rooflights at 09:00 received an email at 17:20 cancelling the order because of supply issues and telling me it would take 24 to 48 hours to get my money back. Too late in the day to contact either the BSO or the manufacturer and no attempt was made to contact me by phone to discuss these supposed issues.
The following morning I contacted the manufacturer who advised there were no issues regarding manufacture or delivery. I looked up the product on BSO’s website again only to discover the price had increased by 20% and this I think is why they cancelled the order.
BSO’s flagrant disregard for customer care is shocking on three fronts: First they took the order and provided a vat invoice and at the same time removed nearly £4K from my bank. This as far as I’m concerned forms a contract which should be honoured. Second to make no attempt to actually talk to a customer regarding issues whatever they are is disgusting. Finally if they can remove the money instantly they should return it with the same speed, it only needs someone to push some buttons.
I advise future potential customers to find an alternative supplier who cares about the customer and does not treat them with smug arrogance.
Very competitive prices, and customer service helped me with a couple of questions when I contacted them. Delivery on time and goods as ordered!
Their delivery service price is too high and you have to pay for your own return.
The customer service team are so rude and unhelpful. Their return process is a pain to deal with.
I Purchased hardwood door it arrived damaged it was signed for as damaged and photos sent I was offered £30 to keep damaged door although this has not been paid over 2 weeks ago you try calling no answer emails you have to go through a third party to get answer then when using there online chat they disconnect chat 1/2 way through absolutely shocking Servive beware
Avoid this company, very bad customer service. I have been left with a bill of £100 to pay from my own pocket due to their bad customer service and unreliable delivery companies that they use.
Submit a complaint in November and didn't got sorted. After getting in touch with one of the directors I was sent back to customer service.
Very disappointing to see how they treat they customers. AVOID THEM!!
Would have given zero stars if possible, as many other people have said once they have your money they dont care! Nightmare experience and they are incompetent. They accept no responsibility for their mess ups and when they keep messing up they essentially say whatever. And eventually when they finally delivered 5 days too late and the day I definitely had to go to work to pay for their doors they would not stop in my front door and my nanny couldn't help them. They refused even though I had waited every other day for them....useless and rude. Read other reviews first!!!
Please don’t use them unless you have no choice . I ordered some doors and it took 3 weeks to deliver by someone else . Very poor customer service
Extremely painful company to try and deal with, totally failed service all round. If you are thinking of buying something give them a call first to check a) someone actually exists and works there b) they have the item in stock (unlikely) & c) they will be able to honour their delivery commitments. Finally Pay on Credit Card - high chance you will need Section 75 protection

Ordered insulation & plasterboard from them for a set delivery date - big and bulky with kerbside delivery so had to ensure someone in. 3.20pm the day before they email (so you better be sure you check emails) they are unable to deliver until the following week. Rearranged for following week, expected delivery but they hadn't even thought about dispatching. 3-4days between email ticket responses.

Some 2 weeks later they were again supposed to deliver - Nothing. Zero Communication, Zero delivery. I even gave them a couple of days to get in touch, perhaps apologising but Zilch. Had to pretend on the Live Chat (joke -very slow, low chance of response) to be a new customer just to be able to interact with someone as about an hour ringing the phone line (a Monday mid-morning ) was pointless.

Took them another day to refund credit card despite being told to do it that day...
Ordered online and item delivery promptly without any trouble.
Good price, clear delivery date options, delivery on the scheduled day, a very pleasing experience.
Building Supplies Online (BSO), Oxfordshire is rated 1.76 based on 21 reviews