Building Supplies Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Building Supplies Direct
Ordered product and expected delivery within 5-7 working days and was delighted to receive the product the very next day - exceptional service - well done
Quick to despatch, exactly what I wanted
Fast and efficient.
Good service
Best price and speedy delivery
I have been very reluctant to place this disappointing review here.
I have tried to express my disappointmet directly with the company management.
Unfortunately, i have been prevented from doing this by the sales assistant.
I have made numerous requests by Email, telephone and old fashioned letter for my concerns to be forwarded and for somebody in authority to make a comment. After three weeks i have conceded defeat.
My issue is that i made an order and paid for express delivery for items i needed for a job that i could not get locally. The order arrived i the specified time, however, they were completely the wrong items. I informed the company immediately. I was told that they would arrange for a courier to collect the items and that once the items were back with them, they would send the correct items. I was told that the courier would collect the items the following week. My obvious consternation was that, this was their error and that i needed the items straight away. My request was flatly and unsympathectically refused as was my request to contact someone in a managerial position.
I asked for a refund and bought the items from another online company. It took 9 days to get refund.
This quote is from their website:-
"Our aim is to provide you with top quality products, at trade prices, straight to your door, hassle-free. Try our service and if you're not happy, give us a call and we'll make sure that you are!"
This certainly does not come close to my experience.
It's interesting to see all the 5 star reviews which all relate to when they supply the right things in the right time scales (basically doing what they are paid to do). In my view a company is better measured in how they respond when they do things wrong, sadly on this occasion they have been found wanting.
Very good all round service, will definitely be using you again
Great item at good price, very quick dispatch, good communications, a pleasure to do business with you.
Clear, best price, delivered in time and really well packaged. Great supplier.
Website is easy to navigate, found what I needed straight away ( with a bizarre selection of words I popped in the search bar!).
Kept updated as to the dispatch and delivery of my items.
Delivery arrived on time and was just what I was expecting - great quality, fabulous pricing.
Will definitely use for anything else I need.
Would recommend highly.
Good price good service
Prompt service and very good product
Excellent service and delivery time
excellent fast delivery
This company had the product I needed, at a reasonable price and it arrived earlier than expected. I will definitely use them again
Great store, fast delivery!
Great deal but item was dispatched in its manufacturers box without any additional packaging.
It was very fortunate that the item was not damaged as the box was burst open at one corner.
Quick easy purchase
Fantastic service, resolved an issue with a missing item (courier at fault) immediately with no quibble. Will use again and also the cheapest I could find.
Very good, quick delivery