Building Happy Homes Ltd Reviews

75% of reviewers recommend Building Happy Homes Ltd
Telephone

How would you rate Building Happy Homes Ltd ?

"We enlisted the 'help' of Carl Anton McCann and his team with a drainage problem at our home. We initially agreed a set fee of £250 which Mr McCann ensured me would cover any eventuality. Once the engineer attended our property, we were told there was a broken pipe - this would need to be taken out and replaced, and that this would cost a total of £1000. We agreed to this cost, which was to include: - Excavation - Removal and replacement of broken pipe - Clearance of blockage - Reinstatement of ground - Clearance of site An employee did attend our property and excavate the lawn - as we later discovered, two deep holes. However, it transpired that there was no broken pipe. Nor did the employee clear the blockage or reinstate the ground he had excavated - earth, large quantities of foul waste, broken pipes and litter from his lunch were left in our garden, and the holes were not filled in. Mr McCann did not contact us again. We called in United Utilities who advised us that the problem was in the shared sewer on our cul-de-sac, not in our own sewage pipes, and that Mr McCann's representative had carried out unnecessary work that had no connection with the problem. Not only did Building Happy Homes not solve the issue, they caused a lot of damage to our garden and did not refill the holes (~3ft deep) which represented a significant health and safety failure, particularly as we were not made aware of one of the holes (hidden from sight from the house) and as we have a small child. I contacted Mr McCann, who seemed surprised to hear from me (despite the work being left unfinished), to complain and request a refund on the £500 we had paid up front. He stated that he would not offer "even a £50 refund" and that the work had been carried out to the best of Building Happy Home's ability, despite the work itself being entirely unconnected to the issue, and fully unresolved. We were entirely let down throughout the process. Work was slow, sloppy, unnecessary and incomplete. Staff left huge amounts of mess and had to be asked to clean up after themselves. Mr McCann was uncommunicative, rude, unhelpful, and representatives did not show up when expected - no one could be reached by phone. We have been advised by United Utilities - who came to resolve the issue, and who were shocked by the unnecessary work carried out by Building Happy Homes - to place a complaint with trading standards. We have done so."
"A wide range of furniture...something for everyone! Very competitive prices. Was given very good advice from Leigh, company salesman...who led me to make a purchase best suited to my needs and budget. An all-round good experience in every detail from start to finish."
"Charged me £720 for a wrong diagnosed problem.left sewage in my garden and next doors.bunch of cowboys and took money out of my account with out my permision."
"CONMEN Turned up hours late to unblock my toilet. Toilet & sink blocked again ten minutes after paying. Been given the round around for 6 days now promising me they will come back out. Never turned up , never rang me once to explain. I have taken time off work and cancelled my plans for days. I have called them asking for a refund, the manager 'Carl' is just ignoring me . Toilet still blocked. Their guarantee means nothing. RUBBISH SERVICE. £220 waste of money. DO NOT USE"
"Rubbish service. Advertise 90min call out. Plumber turned up 5hrs late. Toilet blocked again 10 mins after he left. Now on day 4 of broken promises to come back and sort it. £220 litrally down the drain. Communication rubbish. DON'T USE!!"
"Outside drain blocked and overflowing, we were given a 2 hour time slot engineer arrived within that time. He was helpful and professional. Used a jet to clear the drain and dislodged a lump of fat that was blocking drain. Would recommend this company and would use again."
"A high standard of drain repair. A very dirty job digging down to repair our drains, but our property was left cleaner then when they arrived and we have not had any problems since. Cheers ;)"
"I had a blocked external drain with foul smells, building happy homes attended my property within 90mins, very professional staff well presented and well spoken, my blockage was cleared with the hour and the area was left clean, tidy and sanitised. Also they were able to provide me with a cause of the blockage and provided me with useful information to provent the blockage reoccurring. Excellent service highly recommended. Mr Hughes, Huddersfield."
"Thank you very much to John and Tony, who came to sort out my blocked gully drain this evening at only 75 mnutes notice. Unfotunately, we don't seem to have a manhole on the property, so the blockage had to be jet washed which costs more, but this wasn't their fault. They were very friendly, explained everything in detail and cleared the whole thing in approx 15-20 minutes from arriving and getting the jet washer set up. I would certainly recommend them."
"Very helpful people who go the extra mile for their customers at happy homes amazing service and value for money would highly recommend them to anyone."
"I would like to say thank you to Carl and the team for resolving my emergency blocked drainage situation and taking the time to further uncover the underlying issues which have been causing repeated blockages. Outstanding company A*"
"Very professional and honest company. Quick response. I was very happy with the work carried out on my blocked drain. I have already recommended your company to my mum as she is having the same problem. I will 100% be using you again. ???? thankyou"
"Building Happy Homes provided an excellent service at a very reasonable rate. They were prompt, tidy and courteous. I would definitely use there service again. Nathalie"
"Very professional and polite I would highly recommend to everyone."
"Thanks for coming out so quickly and unblocking our drain. You are literally life savers!!!!!"
"Building Happy Homes arrived in 20 minutes and another 20 minutes later, our drains were unblocked. Great service, thank you very much!"
Building Happy Homes Ltd is rated 4.00 based on 16 reviews