BTCare Reviews

btcare@bt.com

BT Correspondence Centre, Providence Row

Category:
Business & Office

How would you rate BTCare?

47 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about BTCare in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Put me on a 2 year contract when I asked for 1 year, now charging me hundreds of pounds to get out of it. If you can avoid BT, then do so."
Very Reluctant Trapped Customer
Verified Reviewer
"I switched my internet provider from Sky to BT two months ago and I have nothing but problems with the reliability of the connection and the service I receive. The internet connection drops out and I get very low speeds to the point where I cannot open a web page! In the 6 years with Sky I never had any problems with connection or any cause to call customer services. Every time I contact BT they test the line and find no fault, they say the line is not dropping and fob me off with the same old things to try, on the last call I was told BT they will only guarantee a wired connection and told me to hard wire all of my devices or to look to change my provider. When I asked to leave my contract due to the issues I was told I would be charged. I am now trapped in a contract that does not deliver the service I need consistently. BT customer service is very poor and they do not care about their customers and are only interested in fleecing them for the money. I do not write reviews normally but I felt compelled to write at my disgust at the way this company treats its customers. Do not use BT for internet, if you have problems you will be on your own Very reluctant trapped customer"
Mr Martin James Powell
"We needed wifi for our cottage in Norfolk and BT were the only answer all those other provider were no where to be seen with the professionalism and network. Great service and great connection. Well done BT and Open Reach!!"
Rachel
"Terrible customer service, online chat was awful and at times difficult to understand, contradicted themselves and assumed customer was at fault. Over promised and under delivered. Turns out it was their engineers that had caused the fault and knocked out both our landline and broadband for 5 days. No apologies, no contact after. Was even told at one point that BT do not have customer service numbers for the public to call, interesting for a telecommunications company! Will be switching to a new supplier, years of loyalty mean nothing to this company."
Rachel
"Incredibly bad customer service, script based call centres in India where they employ people who don't know what they doing, have no knowledge of the products, and do not offer resolution to issues. Never going back to BT again."
Mr
"After 9 months of intermittent 'premium' Infinity 2 broadband at a exuberant price I am still waiting to speak to the same customer service representative twice. Every contact with them results in a new set of promises being made by an operative (never from the same call centre). To date I have had 5 'Hubs' and 4 engineers and still can't go more than 2 weeks without the service being dropped with no 'ownership' on the part of BT. When my contract is over I will never go back."
Candida-Jane
"Good online service."
Circle Plane
"Cloud voice team for BT is the worse team on this planet. They don't care about customers. Disorganised. Don't do their jobs properly. Wasted my time for 2 months and we still have no answers from them."
Mr Owen Harte
"Unable to resolve landline and broadband problems after 3 weeks"
N Waine
"Providing a better service at a cheaper price than current regular service and by providing items that were easy to use / connect."
David Longhurst
Verified Reviewer
"you ask what when wrong it more what went right the answer is nothing. I started with bt because virgin was bad told by people that it would be great. from the start my download and up load strength was no where near what it should have been complained, customer care didn't CARE got an engineer strength went up to drop the next day another engineer strength went up to drop with in a week. called customer care (Ha) once, twice, third time lost my temper, called offcom and complained which I got a ref number, called bt this time got custom care from England, and I asked for a letter of deadlock and also this time they was a lot better at dealing with my complaint, funny that, got another engineer, he moved my connection to another point in main box 150m away this was on 15/8/17, been checking strength, mostly its been between 35mb to 39mb download apart from 1 day where it went to 29mb, upload been 6.5 to 9.5 but yesterday this dropped to 0.84mb going down to 0.77 and is now 0.85 so thing are going wrong again. If it go's lower I will phone again but soon I will be cancelling and will never got back to them again. I thought virgin was bad but BT beat them hands down."
Peter
"Problems getting Internet fo our deaf daughter and her husband"
John
"Over charged and poor service"
Shaun Breen
"My broadband service was un-useable, they send engineers out twice to try to resolve the problem. I changed providers and the problem resolved itself immediately. The customer service at BT is unsatisfactory, they seem to be limited in what they can do and unable to resolve problems that aren't immediately obvious."
Paul Rees
"Easy switchover to Broadband and Phone"
Nadia Mehboob
"Describe everything about new contract in detail , explain well the advantages and disadvantages in a very good way ."
"the cjustomer services were efficiant and very professional i received the help i required and my sim cards were recieved bext day ."
RALFE
"Cheesed off with intermittent broadband flicking off/on and bad customer service from VirginMedia I thought it time to switch suppliers. Saw adverts for BT broadband/phone, along with enticements to switch to BT. That must have been one of the most frustrating, problematic switches I've ever done with any service provider! I agreed an installation and start date with BT, only to find I had immediately started paying for BT Sports - 4 weeks earlier than agreed. The fitter told me at installation there was a problem with the new modem and I shouldn't leave it switched on unattended due to a possible fire risk - What!! He said to call BT about it. Contacted BT and was told a new modem would arrive within a week. Eight days later I contacted them again to ask where the modem was and they said they had no record of any request for a replacement modem! They eventually sent me a new one but tried to charge me a second delivery cost for the replacement - no way, it was to replace faulty goods! BT then related that delivery to another new, 18 month contract for some reason. On the phone yet again to query the new 18 month contract when I'd only signed up for 12 month one. I was told BT could not now alter that new contract but I should just cancel the contract after 12 months if I wished - now why do I think I would have been charged an early cancellation charge? He said he would check this out for me and could he put me on hold for a few minutes. 39 minutes I waited before the phone just went dead - incredibly bad customer service! I then decided to make an official complaint. 1. Wrong start date. 2. Paying earlier than agreed. 3. Faulty modem. 4. Paying twice for the modem delivery. 5. Change of contract length without any agreement on my part. 6. Was initially told I could keep my number but it didn't happen. 7. Was told if I pay 12 months line rental up front I could save 10% but that didn't happen either. All this happened within the first month. What next? I dread to think. BT really needs to realise there is such a thing as departmental communication."
"I have been with BT for 34 years but have to say, these they are the most incompetent organisation I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. I won't go into detail re my specific problem but I will say this. It is causing me significant stress and inconvenience yet they continue to break promise after promise. One day this will all catch up with them but until then all we can do is expose them via excellent platforms such as this."
BTCare is rated 1.89 based on 48 reviews