BT Reviews

7% of reviewers recommend BT

Tell us how BT made you happy

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over a week
Ad Looking for similar companies? ? Adverts from our client network
"Shocking!!!! Avoid at all costs. Constantly not working. From a business point of view it has cost me thousands. Phone does not ring, or sounds like it's ringing from customers end and no-one answers (as it's not actually ringing). Keep getting fobbed off by BT who say "re-set the settings and it will work" - IT DOES NOT, "Oh you need a new hub, then it will work" IT DOES NOT. They keep bull s****** with excuses. AVOID AVOID AVOID unless you are a billionaire who can afford to loose money"
Are you BT? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback BT receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Always found broadband fast and reliable. Engineers always professional and helpful on the few occasions one has been required. Getting download speed of 46.37 Mb/s and upload of 14.23 Mb/s with BT Infinity Two which I'm quite chuffed with. Lots of devices using Wi-Fi within the house including an external CCTV camera - broadband box seems to be able to handle whatever you can throw at it, and my online gaming smooth as ever if my partner is browsing on her laptop even with all the other stuff going on in the background. Not much in the way of deals to retain customers - there is some movement in price, but rarely as great as 'new customers' deals. Sky Online-Max by comparison is somewhat cheaper, but doesn't include any 'cloud' or backup facilities in their price. BT Cloud a useful 'free' add on at first glance (500GB with my broadband, which can be upgraded) however is SO slow to the point of being unusable. My 200GB of photos and music files backed up to the BT Cloud has taken over a month to completely back up all files. It's not just me either - there are plenty of forums where people have complained about BT's cloud feature. Automatic back-up seems to work well in the background, however the upload speed is so slow I have no confidence that new files, or file changes will be reflected in the Backup Cloud, and therefore have no confidence that new files have actually been backed up. So, in summary, performance is good. Prices nothing special, and ancillary features like BT Cloud bit of a waste of time!!"
"great flexible service"
"We spoke to bt.and the phone call was very helpful,and after a slight problem they were very good and quick to get my needs sorted,very effectively."
"They do nothing and don't listen"
"Terrible customer service from Cloud voice team. 2 months and we still are not happy with it. No one answers back. Rude and can't be bothered attitude. Ignoring me on purpose so I dont cancel cloud voice. Awful customer service!!Bad business ethic."
"BT Cloud storage again adds charges to our monthly bills. Yet we don't use it or want it. They are trying to be like apple or Amazon drop box. The difference you are NOT forced to be for those if you don't want them. In Jan 2018 Broadband and call will increase again by £2.50, but they have increase the cloud storage. They should have an option. BT call cloud storage free but charge everyone. Sky is now looking a better package as they don't charge you for items you will never use."
"Beware BT Cancellation charges SCAM Don't even bother signing up, even if the telecomms network restricts your choices. Hopefully your mobile data covers you. My £26.50 a month 12m broadband quickly turned into circa £60/m for 6m with spurious additional charges (£55 free router, £30 disconn fee) once somebody else decided to take over my line after 5 months and I was charged full year. Shouldn't be legal but according to the ombudsman & BT it is, billing 2 or more people for the same line. Once again the big boys win. I was later sent a pdf of 155pages of Ts&Cs and guess what, early termination charges are right at the back, albeit unclear to calculate. 40 years of no more BT custom from me & family members"
"Ended up spending over 6hours completing set up of BTTV MAX after payment of £49.99 to have BT engineer install set up and check equipment. Endless phone calls via 0800 800 150. No support no apologies Thank goodness for SKYQ box far superior and competent engineers employed by Sky not 3rd party subcontractors used by BT! Avoid BTTV"
"3 weeks from ordering to receiving Infinity. Approx 3 3/4 hours wasted time on the phone, Chat service ends up somewhere else in the globe to be congratulated I am a preference customer to be awarded BT infinity. Phone service ends up again somewhere else is absolutely hopeless. 2 visits from "engineers", 1st one didn't do anything just said its a common problem [ it was 15.30 hrs Friday which I think he wanted to go home] with connection, 2nd one down graded my hub to a old one without asking. I have now received my 3rd hub which seems ok but ill not count my chickens before they hatch. The contract will not be renewed. Please try elsewhere and leave this lot till the last resort. They are so big they are completely out of touch."
"The question should be what went right! Starting with a complete mess up when we were due to go live, needing 5 engineer visits, nobody talking to each other and not keeping us updated. Went live 3 weeks later than it should have - quite frustrating for a business that depends on its phone service. Customer services staff who don't have a clue what they are talking about, impossible to get through to the right person to discuss your problem/requirements with. Being harrassed by overseas staff for being a day late with your payment and oh yes, the constantly overcharging - one bill came in for £1300 when the true cost should have been £360! I really regret signing upto BT and can't wait for our contract to come to an end so I can switch elsewhere :("
"POOR Quality. I am going to cancel it within 14 days. I never had experience like this before with SKY for 6 yrs. Customer service from India has an attitude problem. BT got a customer service somewhere in slum place"
"A great way to waste all those hours that you need to spend getting work done. Can't print or can't get online and on the occasions you do then another person in the house cannot and you have to reset and try again. All we're doing is paying for a headache."
"Bought BT Cloud Voice - never saw another human being once my cheque was cashed. Awful system - doesn't appear to do the basics. Huge mistake. I now have the legal nightmare and cost of getting out of this disaster."
"Terrible customer service. Mis-sold us cloud voice and ignored my emails to cancel. 1 month still I have not had cloud training. Excuse was the trainer was away!! surely more than one trainer is hired by BT. Seriously the cloud voice sellers are only interested in the sale. They will ignore you after and show no care if you are happy or not. Plus lie that hype it up to you. Its a terrible phone system. Does not do simple things that our business needs and wants that we had on our old BT phones. Trainer has not still managed to get the right functions for us in place after a month. Terrible service and really dont understand what the big hype is about cloud voice. It means we have to do everything from the portal in addition to our jobs as this is how it works. I wish I never fell for their tricks. Anyone getting this please try another organisation if possible. BT Net who deal with loud migration and Fiber installation are the best teams. You would think being a telecommunications company they would have customer service on point with phone systems. NOPE!!!"
"BT Mobile is a joke and a total rip off. I signed up for what sounded like a fairly reasonable deal. I got a Samsung S7 Edge, unlimited text and something like 1200 free minutes a month and a 6gb internet limit. After my first 6 months this would increase to £43. OK I thought, I can cope with that and at the end of the contract I still have a decent phone and I can sign it up 'sim only' with anyone..... My first bill after my discount period is £57 ???? How is that £43 ? I have not used the phone for anywhere near what my limits are and so far never have so how has my bill jumped from £23 to £57? Ever since I had this phone from day one until now, no way have I ever used 6gb of internet connection, I don't just mean in one month, I mean since I first got the damned thing. The majority of the time my phone does use internet it is connected to my own broadband here in the house, which is also provided by BT ! So, I'm I getting charged for using my own broadband which I am already paying for when I connect to it with my phone ? I'm seriously not paying my next bill until someone can explain to me where these extra costs have come from and if the explanation sounds like bull**** I will not only cancel my BT Mobile account but I will also move my broadband account to a more reputable company too."
"Wanted to cancel and told to call back in 24 hours. Called back in over 24 hrs and asked to call back in another 24 hours as their system hasnt updated. A manager called 'Sam Harris' was asked about y request for cancellation being taken but he declined 'for legal reasons' . Shocking and a wayy to bat people away till they decide not to cancel. We have had consistent problems with dropouts with BT avoid an overpriced useless network."
"This is the worst company I ever deal with. I missed my payment once so they disconnect me from internet so I could not work from home for two days and they chargeme £7.50 for late payment charge and then £12 pound for reconnecting me. When I try to phone them with complains I have been on the phone for 45 minutes waiting when somebody answer they said its a standard for everybody. So I asked where is that money going to do they have to buy new cable or something after they cut me out or what? If every 10th person forgot to pay they bill look how much money they are making from nothing. Awful practice ashamed yourself BT never again with you..."
"Stuck in a one year contract with this appalling service. I'd rather wear thumb screws. The mobile App doesn't work properly, I can't even get our extensions to transfer successfully to between one other. For example, if I go on holiday and need to port my call to the mainline, it doesn't work. The call just disappears into an abyss or goes straight to answer service. Poor connections with echoes - the whole thing is really bad for business. I do not recommend this service. The support line is hopeless - kept on the phone for up to an hour at a time and still don't get things working properly. A complete waste of valuable time."
""Bought into the BT Cloud phone hype for my business. The apps don't work. Handsets don't ring. Customer support is as unhelpful as it gets where managers promise to call you within the hour and never do! I've lost potential business as a result of an incredibly poor system and can't seem to get anyone from BT to talk to me! ""
BT is rated 1.36 based on 123 reviews