BT Reviews

9% of reviewers recommend BT

Tell us how BT made you happy

Own Driver, Postal Service
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over a week
customer service
Ad Looking for similar companies? ? Adverts from our client network
"Complained to BT about our Broadband constantly dropping out, each time I did this BT advised me to get a better, faster Deal, a new contract. Now we are paying over £50 a quarter. We tried to end our Contract and were advised we had to pay £216 if we pulled out. We still loose connection from time to time and BT say they don't guarantee constant connection. They said, "Complaining on social media can be effective" lol check out Facebook posts, EFFECTIVE? Are you kidding? We have been bludgeoned into paying more and more each time we have complained, by telling us to upgrade to this and that, and I'm sure we are not alone? Did this ever happen to YOU? We had an Openreach engineer sent out to our home to fix the fault by BT? Great he found out what was wrong, fixed the problem. All good then? No. The engineer went out to his Openreach Vehicle and filled in his report stating No problems found? WHY? Because BT-Openreach would get away with paying Compensation to Customers if the report states this. BT allowed this, turned a blind eye. Now today if the Engineer finds a fault in your home you have to pay a fee of £75. Is that the same TRUSTED Engineer from OPENREACH sent out by BT? Yes it is. I've spoken to BT today asking them to change over my account to my wife's name as my health is deteriorating and it would be less stress later on. I have also asked for a lesser cost contract £29.99 for 18 months. As advertised on TV, But they refused.After 50 years being with BT. My Advice to all that want a phone-broadband etc, stay well clear of BT. you will not be disappointed. michael n Betty lewendon ps Were you or your family, or Buisness treated with the same Scam-Con, by BT- Openreach to deny Thousands of Customers Compensation? BT-Openreach must have all the Engineers reports, Was your fault report same as ours? Lies, Ofcom UK media watchdog, have they been informed about this pratice?"
Are you BT? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"Abousetly shocking. Was told I couldn’t transfer my business number, advised only way was to go cloud based which were plug and play so I placed order, phones arrived then BT made appointment for training, Training was from outside the country was then told that they needed to take control of my computer to set them up. I declined. As if anybody would give anybody control of their computer especially from outside the U.K. with all the fraud nowadays and them saying there is no set up and there plug and play. This has now delayed my move as I will now have to go to another supplier so I can keep my number. Due to BT not been truthful they have cost my company £1200 so far and rising, Will be going to ombudsman to claim back every penny from BT will be transferring all other contracts to alternative suppliers when out of contract and will never use again. Why the need to lie BT?"
"Ordered broadband on the 4th of November date for activation the 12th.Phone call from BT on the 9th they cancelled the order but it would be reordered on the 12th,no order place rang on the 13th was told the order would be pace before 8 pm that night.Rang the next day still no reorder,then told it would be cancelled on the 20th then reordered,got fed up of waiting rang and cancelled the order was told my money would be refunded.No refund as yet 18th December after raising two complaints and being assured it would be dealt with on that day I am still waiting.Awful service."
"Broadband is always extremely slow and unreliable. It is almost not possible to work with is. Customer service is useless gives always same generic answer. I am paying so much money and my download speed is often below 1mps. It seems to stay still in the 90s. Avoid bt absolutely, choose everything but bt"
"We were promised a replacement broadband box was going to be sent that day. A week later despite five promises that it had been sent it still hadn’t left the office! Anyone got Sky’s number?"
"What an awful company. I had a change of circumstances and could not afford the 45.00 pound a month. They were not interested just said I am in a contract. Now I cannot pay the final bill and they will not give me any help at all . Just keep saying I have to pay, most companies will give you time to pay not this one. I would not recommend anybody has anything to do with them."
"Really struggled with the customer service team, when trying to get my broadband activated. They don't seem to follow through on their promises and will say anything to get you off the phone! After my activation date was postponed, I waited over a week for an update until I Finally decided to cancel. Lo and behold, less than 12 hours after cancelling my direct debit, someone got in touch. Thwy didnt have an update though, just wanted to chase me for money despite the fact that my account was actually in credit. Best avoided to be honest!"
"Migrating from Business to Residential. Explained at all points during the order that we needed to keep our phone number. We have had it since 1961! Also my husband is partially sighted and disabled so very important that we keep the number that has been both work and home forever. Closing down the business means we must have this number. On the day of migration we were off broadband for 9 hours on a weekday. We lost our phone number for 3 days with no guarantee of getting it back. Complained to Chantelle who promised the "order" for our old number would be done the following day. It was not. Next day Mohammed did not grasp the anxiety and frustration of people not doing their job, did put the "order" through and offered £10 compensation. Derisory and insulting. Very unhappy about the stress and worry of no-one being able to contact the house. Hospitals, volunteer drivers, family, anyone else could not get through for 3 days. BT then shut the complaint as they say they have ordered the number to be re-instated sometime in the next 34 hours! They are hopeless and could not care less about vulnerable customers or their inefficiency."
"BT are totally incompetent in almost every area of operation. (except credit control where they're on the phone for payment in an instant.) From the install of business broadband (I ended up with 7 Hubs) to the cloud phone which is really poor quality. Despite 75Mbps broadband the call quality is scratchy & quiet. Trying to order additional equipment for the system resulted in the obligatory game of pass the customer as I got bounced from department to department, each more concerned with end the call than providing a solution. Whether its live chat, email of phone that standard of care is equally poor. It obvious that senior managers at BT have never put themselves through the hellish experience that is being a BT customer entails. If they have then they obviously don't care. The price is premium but the product is substandard Residental service was equally bad. There are no redeeming features to BT and only their virtual monopoly on services keeps them going. Avoid if you have any choice at all"
"Decided to leave BT after broadband problems for a long time. After being a customer for forty years I was hit with a 80 pound fee. I was also advised if I wanted to keep my email address , it would cost £7.50 per month Customer services it is like speaking to robots Would never go back."
"Miss selling cloud phones nobody knows what the doing. I would not recommend to anybody told£800 pounds to cancel the contract keep away from this phones."
"Been with BT for 18 years in my bussiness line upgraded and was told it would be a smooth trsnsistion I asked at the time of the sales call are you sure as we are internet sales , yes sir yes no down time, it’s 15.30 and we had no service all day called up 11 times and told each time we have to look into it no calls back now being told we “might be” have service to tomorrow , I gave many times told other sales people when they call me to change over service no thank you i like with bt never again , totally useless and no sorry or compensation , regards pawn it , pawn brokers Broadstairs .01843 864004"
"its not working we had pay nearly £1000 to cancel it its Do not get sign for it you will be disappointed with huge lost and frustration look at other review"
"After ordering bt broadband as i was trying to move from virgin i realised the broadband was no good as i need a fixed ip address and that bt provided revolving ip addresses. I used the broadband 2-3 times just to set it up but as didn't start using it until 2 days after the 14 day cancellation they said i owe them around £400 to cancel. Absolutely ridiculous amount of money for a service i only used to set it up. now they have passed the debt to a collection agency and added 25% so it is now £565.66. i told them numerous times on the phone the service was unusable to me because the ip address was not static. if they had made this clear upfront i would never have ordered but doing so would probably mean less customers so the details were hidden away. I sent all the equipment back with 7 days but they then added an equipment charge on top. I used the broadband to set up 1 pc and never used the phone line at all. how can such a company that prides itself on being a family operator be such an aggressive, venal predator? At some point there will be a debt collector at my door to take my possessions. all because i went 2 days over the 14 days because it was not straight-forward to switch from virgin to bt as i run a home office. THIS COMPANY IS A DISGRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Where do I start this company is disgraceful and shows no empithy my father is seriously ill with motor neurone he has become housebound so we changed his tv package to include films we did not know that watching these sky films used a great deal of internet usage. For four months BT happily charged him heavy charges is was unaware as unfortunately he is unable to access his emails due to poor usage of his hands. We only realised that these charges were occurring when he was notified by his bank that he was overdrawn. After days of calls and speaking to various people at Bt we established what these charges were for. After explaining to Bt the circumstances they would not refund the charges however for an extra £2.50?per month he could have unlimited usage fine but how do they justify £140 of extra charges ? They are just out to rip customers off and when it comes to ripping off A very poorly old man within a very limited life expectancy how can they justify this disgusting BT I will make sure everyone knows this story they are happy as long as they are making a profit don’t use BT !!!"
"Had bt nearly 4 years broadband allways been rubbish by disconnecting and reconnecting 20+ times a day never a constant connection and called bt thay want £130 to fix yet there fault where they installed the wire ."
"Too expensive. No reward for over 25 years loyal customer service. They offer deals to new customers and rip off the ones that remain. Well, I'm now paying less than half to another provider for a comparable set of products. And my broadband speed has gone up by 50%!"
"Still charging for cancelled mobile sim out of contract have cancelled it endless times since late July 2018 they always say on the phone that they don’t confirm in writing. Home broadband speed dropped drastically endless complaints and recording lack of speed which they admit on phone but do nothing ,when you phone and make official complaint they fob you off with will pass your feedback on. Diabolical not basically honest"
"BT business i would never recommend this company they are not flexible at all and do not UNDERSTAND if your having probelms no compromise no help no negotiation just disgusting the experience I have had. Try other providers not BT. They just plain black and white I would say whether you can afford or not complete your full term length dont care or want to listen to your probelm. Manager was absolutely disgraceful I found."
BT is rated 1.46 based on 269 reviews