BT Reviews

of reviewers recommend BT

Tell us how BT made you happy
Other than the broadband being really slow despite living in the city centre, I had an awful experience cancelling it, on the edge of scamming. I tried to cancel it before my one year period expired, and I was told I have to pay a cancellation fee, which makes perfect sense. So I decided to wait for one year to pass, still paying monthly even if I wasn't really using it. Fine. After the one year period passed, I called again to cancel my broadband: the customer service told me that the contract automatically extended for another year, and if I wanted to end I had to pay the same big fee I had been trying to avoid by keeping my contract active at my expense. These are the kind of things which you have to be very careful of, designed to screw money off you. Therefore I feel scammed, I will pay the exit fee but I will never ever recommend BT to anybody, as my experience has been awful.
They do nothing and don't listen
Terrible customer service from Cloud voice team. 2 months and we still are not happy with it. No one answers back. Rude and can't be bothered attitude. Ignoring me on purpose so I dont cancel cloud voice. Awful customer service!!Bad business ethic.
BT Cloud storage again adds charges to our monthly bills. Yet we don't use it or want it. They are trying to be like apple or Amazon drop box. The difference you are NOT forced to be for those if you don't want them. In Jan 2018 Broadband and call will increase again by £2.50, but they have increase the cloud storage. They should have an option. BT call cloud storage free but charge everyone. Sky is now looking a better package as they don't charge you for items you will never use.
Beware BT Cancellation charges SCAM Don't even bother signing up, even if the telecomms network restricts your choices. Hopefully your mobile data covers you. My £26.50 a month 12m broadband quickly turned into circa £60/m for 6m with spurious additional charges (£55 free router, £30 disconn fee) once somebody else decided to take over my line after 5 months and I was charged full year. Shouldn't be legal but according to the ombudsman & BT it is, billing 2 or more people for the same line. Once again the big boys win. I was later sent a pdf of 155pages of Ts&Cs and guess what, early termination charges are right at the back, albeit unclear to calculate. 40 years of no more BT custom from me & family members
Ended up spending over 6hours completing set up of BTTV MAX after payment of £49.99 to have BT engineer install set up and check equipment. Endless phone calls via 0800 800 150. No support no apologies Thank goodness for SKYQ box far superior and competent engineers employed by Sky not 3rd party subcontractors used by BT! Avoid BTTV
3 weeks from ordering to receiving Infinity. Approx 3 3/4 hours wasted time on the phone, Chat service ends up somewhere else in the globe to be congratulated I am a preference customer to be awarded BT infinity. Phone service ends up again somewhere else is absolutely hopeless. 2 visits from "engineers", 1st one didn't do anything just said its a common problem [ it was 15.30 hrs Friday which I think he wanted to go home] with connection, 2nd one down graded my hub to a old one without asking. I have now received my 3rd hub which seems ok but ill not count my chickens before they hatch. The contract will not be renewed. Please try elsewhere and leave this lot till the last resort. They are so big they are completely out of touch.
The question should be what went right! Starting with a complete mess up when we were due to go live, needing 5 engineer visits, nobody talking to each other and not keeping us updated. Went live 3 weeks later than it should have - quite frustrating for a business that depends on its phone service. Customer services staff who don't have a clue what they are talking about, impossible to get through to the right person to discuss your problem/requirements with. Being harrassed by overseas staff for being a day late with your payment and oh yes, the constantly overcharging - one bill came in for £1300 when the true cost should have been £360! I really regret signing upto BT and can't wait for our contract to come to an end so I can switch elsewhere :(
POOR Quality. I am going to cancel it within 14 days. I never had experience like this before with SKY for 6 yrs. Customer service from India has an attitude problem. BT got a customer service somewhere in slum place
A great way to waste all those hours that you need to spend getting work done. Can't print or can't get online and on the occasions you do then another person in the house cannot and you have to reset and try again. All we're doing is paying for a headache.
Bought BT Cloud Voice - never saw another human being once my cheque was cashed. Awful system - doesn't appear to do the basics. Huge mistake. I now have the legal nightmare and cost of getting out of this disaster.
BT Mobile is a joke and a total rip off. I signed up for what sounded like a fairly reasonable deal. I got a Samsung S7 Edge, unlimited text and something like 1200 free minutes a month and a 6gb internet limit. After my first 6 months this would increase to £43. OK I thought, I can cope with that and at the end of the contract I still have a decent phone and I can sign it up 'sim only' with anyone..... My first bill after my discount period is £57 ???? How is that £43 ? I have not used the phone for anywhere near what my limits are and so far never have so how has my bill jumped from £23 to £57? Ever since I had this phone from day one until now, no way have I ever used 6gb of internet connection, I don't just mean in one month, I mean since I first got the damned thing. The majority of the time my phone does use internet it is connected to my own broadband here in the house, which is also provided by BT ! So, I'm I getting charged for using my own broadband which I am already paying for when I connect to it with my phone ? I'm seriously not paying my next bill until someone can explain to me where these extra costs have come from and if the explanation sounds like bull**** I will not only cancel my BT Mobile account but I will also move my broadband account to a more reputable company too.
"Bought into the BT Cloud phone hype for my business. The apps don't work. Handsets don't ring. Customer support is as unhelpful as it gets where managers promise to call you within the hour and never do! I've lost potential business as a result of an incredibly poor system and can't seem to get anyone from BT to talk to me! "
Shocking customer service. Can't get through. Chat service is lengthy and always disconnects before resolved. App never recognise my password. Now email reset isn't working either. I'm left with literally no way to access my own account or get help to resolve it...Shocking!
what went wrong ? everything about bt... is it good enough answer! i wouldnt even take free service from BT
Being charged for anytime phone calls they have promised to put account up to date and refund money for last three bills nothing been done yet awaiting reply from head office spend a hour every month to try and get bills repaid just been charged £40 for a £14-50 Bill we are old age pensioners so every penny is precious to us
Been with BT for years!! Contacted Customer Services tonight and was appalled at the attitude, basically called me a liar, was rude, ignorant and pompous. Will never go back to them, appalling!
I was encouraged to go to BT Cloud voice to improve my business telephony performance. DONT DO IT! I have had six months of hell. Every phone call cuts off three seconds of the beginning of a conversation. This also happens when transferring calls. I have made 27 telephone calls reprting this and spent over 4 hours on the phone. The BT cloudvoice team on two occasions told me i don't have an account! I am now taking legal action against, for misselling
Any one looking at this do yourself a favour change to anyone but these jokers Changed from BT to BT cloud should be simple you'd think Never made aware they operate as two separate entities Currently paying four lots of bills disconnection charges etc all of which was supposed to be wavered as pre agreed before changing/moving Once you log a complaint you get what seems harassed daily by customer services to deal with the problem but nothing happens For a communications company there appears to be none
Horrendous customer service, poor wifi service, and although I've only had 10 days service I am unable to cancel my contract, because I was told today that its 14 days from when I signed up and not from when my service was connected. NEVER AGAIN BT !!
BT is rated 1.48 based on 295 reviews