BT Reviews

7% of reviewers recommend BT

Tell us how BT made you happy

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over a week
Ad Looking for similar companies? ? Adverts from our client network
"We have had broadband through BT for 2 Years We have had a fault with our internet every week. We have spent days off work waiting for engineers to arrive. We have had our business disrupted constantly (self-employed) and lost thousands of pounds through downtime being unable to operate. We have spent the equivalent of what must now be days on the phone trying to raise fault notifications and complaints and we get nowhere. We get charged full price for a service which is operational 50% of the time. We get bugger all compensation and ultimately, the issue never gets fixed. We are leaving."
Are you BT? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback BT receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"When informing BT that we were leaving because of the impending price increase and switching to another provider, they offered an enhanced range of product at a greatly reduced cost if we would stay. We agreed to stay with BT. Sadly in hindsight we should have left as BT have failed to provide all the elements of the enhanced package despite several phone calls to a variety of BT operatives. So anyone and everyone should check documentation of whats been offered as a contract with an operative of BT on the phone to see that they correlate??????????? Ongoing, so will post a further review in the near future !"
"Things are always going wrong - if you get past the automated woman which directs you to the wrong department their owns systems go down, they lose you whilst transferring you and then cut you off. They can even screw up calling you back!. And don't believe because your landline works now it will work tomorrow - Openreach managed to remove the connection for my line whilst trying to connect someone down the road to broadband , and it took innumerable calls and 11 days to get it reconnected. Latest is a sim with no voicemail that they can't fix. I"
"Absolutely no concept of customer service. How did so many imbeciles end up in one place? Still, at least we know where they all are... The fact that they constantly get reviews like this one -on this and other sites- proves that they just do not care."
"On 6th of July a month in advance I made a call to bt customer service and asked to close my account and stop providing services when my contract ends which is 6th. Bt guy said that my contract ends on 15th of August, I asked to confirm that I won't be charged any extra money and I will be refunded £43 because I'm paying upfront, and the BT guy confirmed that is correct. Now turns out BT guy was lying, I still have BT service and I was charged £58 and not refunded !!!"
"Avoid at all costs. No one cares. Can't wait for contract to end. Have lived in the same property for 8 years and have never been able to use a landline phone. This is due to a very poor line. Advised by BT to dismantle phone as no point using it. Can't be bothered to waste time listing all the problems we've had and continue to have with the broadband connection. Goes down at a similar time every year. In the past, I've rang them almost in tears and explained that my daughter desperately needed the Internet to help with exam revision. They didn't care, and left us without broadband for over 3 weeks. This time round, we are on day 14. Absolutely useless. Customer service...no such thing."
"Absolutely terrible. The first time in 22 years of business we have missed over 600 calls!!!!"
"Absolute nightmare organisation. No communication between any of the staff and up to 6 calls per day from representatives saying the same things over and over again! I believe they have an automated system which cant be switched off and they can only put notes on their system which, obviously, nobody reads. Many of the calls can not understand what you are saying which makes it impossible to have a conversation. They just repeat the same thing over and over again. Quite oblivious to customer service and will blatantly say you are a liar when you explain what the other represented said. God knows how this company manages to survive - i certainly would never use them again,"
"BT's customer service is awful. I have been lied to, hung up on and ignored. My complaint was closed without any discussion at all. As a disabled customer, I can no longer trust this company."
"BT Cloudvoice continually stops working so customers cannot contact us. We have probably lost masses of business because of this."
"Bad customer service, you can call and call but nothing gets done, they say another department will call you but they never do it's just a fob off. DO NOT USE BT!!!"
"Honestly the worst broadband I have experienced. I had Virgin broadband for 10 years or so and only left because I found a deal from BT. Now I'm going back to Virgin after a year of misery with the BT connection constantly failing and persistent dropouts in my connection. I have had an engineer out 6 weeks ago and it took him 7 hours to sort it out, he even had to get more engineers out and they were up the telegraph pole and rewiring etc..and now 6 weeks later it's doing it again. Never will I go back to BT the grass isn't always greener on the other side!"
"I had been with BT for 5+ years (BT account no GB18305311). Their service was alright as long as you paid them. When I tried leaving them they threatened me with a £400 fine. I pleaded with them saying that the only reason I am leaving them is because their Internet broadband is very slow in my new property after I moved house. They refused to listen. They constantly threaten over the phone. I have now opened a case with the ombudsman. I have learnt that it takes 8 weeks before Ombudsman opens a case against BT so I am patiently waiting without giving up. I have since moved to Virgin and their internet connection is so fast! Wish I had moved away earlier."
"Threatened with credit blacklisting over a £2 underpayment that was unknown about and about to be disputed. Yes two pounds. Avoid avoid avoid BT"
"Ordered the highest broadband package with BT 2 months ago, been paying £50 a month for a service I'm not getting. Customer service rude when I call and now they want £450 to leave!! BYE BT see you in court."
"Missold product; teribble Cloud phone customer service,one of the staff was a liar!!!"
"Internet is beyond appaluing. Drops consistently and is horrendously slow. Worst mistake I ever made going with this company, complete waste of money. My one piece of advice...just don’t!"
"5 Routers Later Connection Still Drops After contacting BT 6 times and 5 Hub5's later enough is enough. The router resets itself many times a day and all BT do is send another router. Clearly it's not the router and after some investigation it appears the BT network is overloaded. According to a professional BT wire everybody onto the same ring and that can not handle the bandwidth of everybody at peak times. I contacted them a few weeks ago and they said they would monitor the connection. 8 router resets later over 4 days they claimed it had not dropped in the 4 days they was monitoring. Clearly they can't admit to the real issue. They also told us that in their T&C's it states that the connection can drop up to 5 times a day so tough luck. I signed up for 2 year contract a year ago and I'm regretting it massively. Any gamers or people that need a solid connection for personal use I cant warn you enough. DON'T GET BT."
"If I could give this company 0 stars I would. The treatment of my family has been absolutely diabolical. They have admitted time and time again that they missold policies to my elderly parents and yet months on, despite my efforts nothing has been resolved. My family live in a remote area and without landline communications, they are completely without any form of phone or internet. This is very distressing for elderly people as well as constant harassment from different departments of BT demanding bill payment, despite the complete admittance of fault from BT. As a medical professional, if this was a small company, this would be considered a safeguarding issue, exploiting elderly people. I am absolutely appalled. If only my family lived in an area where they could get Virgin service. If you can be with an alternative company to provide your communications then I urge you to do so. This is a large corporation taking advantage of the public. I would like to know how many other people have been missold tariffs and are in a similar situation."
"BT Were amazing start to finish. A easy, seamless and painful switch where we kept our phone number! Great system and the advisors I spoke to were excellent! Pleasantly surprised with BT Cloud Phone"
BT is rated 1.36 based on 123 reviews