BT Reviews

9% of reviewers recommend BT

Tell us how BT made you happy

Own Driver, Postal Service
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over a week
customer service
Ad Looking for similar companies? ? Adverts from our client network
"Worst customer service I have ever experienced. Useless company, lie through their teeth."
Are you BT? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"reported a fault july 2nd, had 6 engineers at my property, 1 engineer {outreach} told me it was my router... went in his van & brought me a so called new one in a box but i found out off the nxt engineer that it was a second hand faulty one taken from another house, got allocated to a case manager & had 1 phonecall off him saying hes in charge of everything, never heard off him again, had 2 more allocated to me & never heard a thing. i refused to pay my bill which they eventually waivered, never heard anything again off anyone.my broadband is now working after 8 weeks of going off every night at around 9pm, no apology & no offer of compensation, its as if im invisible, if youre thinking of changing provider then think twice, they are ready to take your money & promising you the earth but when it comes to complaints its non existence, try getting through to them .... impossible."
"9.9.19 - I am having lots of problems with BT who wont allow me to leave until my contract is up (July 2020). When I re took my contract out with them it was on my understanding that we would continue getting the speed we were being provided. Since then it has dramatically dropped and they don't seem to care and say they are still providing us with the minimum speed in there terms and conditions (which is practically nothing!). If I had of know the internet speed would have dropped that dramatically then I would have never taken out the contract with them. There customer service is appalling. We turn off our wifi as it is that bad and use 4G so I really don't understand what we are paying for!"
"Bt guarantee broadband in every room. Funny that, they could not fix our broadband after 7 visits and we never received a proper service at any point throughout our contract. They claimed my wife couldn’t set up her phone WiFi, and offered to help her. It turned out they could not do their job. Don’t bother with Bt they are not bothered in helping customers. Utility warehouse now prove a service is possible and it actually works properly.. BT don’t bother yourselves."
"Bt as a company are a total scammers and they intentionally rip customers off their hard earned money, a customer will sign up for a contract but when the bill comes the bt billings will add so many add on charges that one doesn't know where it comes from and when you call bt for explanations their ridiculous bill and will never refund you and will also not allow you to end the contract, they will threaten you with lawsuits and to make you get a bad credit record. Bt is a total disgrace of a company."
"After 25 years of waiting for our 1Mb line to be upgraded to fast fibre broadband, BT have now confessed to not transferring our line to the new Cabinet No. 9 installed in our village. This means that unless BT carryout major reconstructuring in our area we may never be able to have high speed Broadband that most of therir other customers now enjoy! Nevertheless we are still being charged a premium rate for the very poor service we are receiving"
"Bad broadband. Engineer booked. Got text to say he’d call in advance and NO CALL other than when he was outside my house! Not happy with product or service."
"Trustpilot reviews Categories My Reviews My Settings Help LOG OUT Alternate Text Trevor wills GB For companies profile image of Trevor wills Trevor wills United Kingdom 1 Review 0 Reads 0 Useful Click “Yes, update me” to receive emails from Trustpilot about your reviews, inspiration, tips about businesses and products, information about Trustpilot, and new features. You can opt out at any time. Review of BT Trevor wills 1 review 1 star: Bad Just now Avoid avoid avoid BT sold me BT TV which was cheaper than the app. Did not inform me of a discount period, then increased the price without my knowledge or consent. Contacted bt who said they emailed me (Was sitting in spam) said I was in contract and nothing could be done. HOW DOES BAD TELECOM EXPECT TO KEEP ME AS A CUSTOMER WHEN THEY HAVE LITERALLY ROBBED ME. Honestly stay away. AVOID THE VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND EXPENSIVE PRICE STRUCTURES. Not a wonder their customer churn rate is so high."
"Utterly useless internet service in Liverpool city centre. Slow internet connection, consistent failures in service - first complained in 2017 and then over the last 5 months, two engineers were sent out, charged £300 and still no service. Twice I called to air my complaint and twice I was cut off. Terrible customer service, just lies, dragging their feet and meanwhile we are still paying and have not been offered a deadline for the internet to be fixed nor have we been offered any compensation. PS this is a business account! Stay well away from these sharks."
"ENTRAPMENT: Apparently, I signed up for 3 months free sports in 2018. UNFORTUNATELY by taking out the 'offer' my 'out of contract BT account' was AUTOMATICALLY extended by 12 months!. They are now attempting to extort £400 out of me as I changed broadband provider in April. BT are claiming early redemption charges :( unnecessary, stressful, immoral. BT you totally suck, I will never use any service associated with you in future."
"I was with Virgin for 1 year only and that was long enough. They cancelled my service 8 days before my contract term had finished, leaving us with no phone or broadband. Fortunately, BT stepped up and the router arrived within 3 days and the connection was made within 24 hours. I see all the complaints about BT, but try the others and like me you'll possibly return to BT for some satisfaction of good customer service."
"I'm a BT costumer for 4 years. I just realized that since last month my bill had increased without reason. Today I contacted the costumer service to clarify what is happening. The member of the staff that answer the phone was rude sometimes and just told me that I accept the fact that BT changed the contact. I just found out that BT sent an email to the clients on the 18th of June with 5 weeks notice regarding the fact that the monthly price will go up from July. Although I never received any email and I wasn't aware about this change and I never consent or accept any update on my previous contract. I can't really understand why I'm paying more for the same service. The only option that BT gave to me was: pay the same monthly, but extending my contract for more months in order to solve this situation. On the top of this I ask the person on the phone to speak with the supervisor in order to solve and to find other solutions and apparently she refused to talk with me. This is the most unprofessional service. I couldn't believe when this guy on the phone to end up saying that not much to do and he will do a complain on my behalf. I don't even know what is written on the complain because he said that can't send to me either. As far as I can understand from all this situation BT can change your contract without consent from clients just using emails that don't know if will be delivered. BT also are able to write on your behalf although BT are not allowed to send the complain through your email and I still don't know what was written. Where is the sense in all of this story? This is not a honest procedure if the idea is to change contracts. BT should obtain consent from clients and they can use phone calls and letters to notify as well. One email is not the only option and is not enough."
"Relentless problems with over charging over the past 14 years. Staff must be badly trained or inept and the organisation is a shambles. I despise having to have them as a provider."
"Major communications company which is extremely difficult to communicate with and you are more than likely to be directed to India. Almost impossible to resolve the simplest of issues without spending a great deal of time jumping through their hoops. Terrible customer service and riding on their past reputation. Avoid at all costs as they sold me a pig in a poke and are avoiding discussing and resolving the issue!"
"Drove me mad with bad service went to virgin been happy since"
"Absolutely abysmal service and threats for BT Have been with BT for may years was out of contract and looked around and found I was paying about twice as much with BT as I could get with other providers. Contacted BT and asked if they could give me a better deal which they said they could they offered a couple of pounds off not the £35 need to be competitive. Asked for a PAC code but due to technical problems they could not give one. This went on for a couple of weeks but eventual got my PAC code and left B. They did however finally offer me a deal which was £1.00 more expensive than the company I transferred to. But there was no way I was going to stay with them after the way I had been treated. Was sent a final bill which I paid and have now spent a further month receiving threatening emails from BT. Saying they would be sending round the bailiffs and destroying my credit rating if I did not pay. This despite me having raised a complaint with them. Absolutely abysmal service will never ever go back to them."
"BT is the worst company I have met so far. I have been with BT since January and since the beginning, I have told to BT to make sure if they can provide the service they were offering because I would need it. They kept saying that absolutely they could provide me and guarantee me a specific speed. Well, since January I complained as they never ever provided me with that speed that they said they would and that I was paying for. I spent so many hours to try to help them in solving the problems and having engineerings in and out, for absolutely nothing! Plus, they kept saying they would call me and they would not. I normally do not write reviews but this I really had. BT the worst ever in service, price, and communication."
"On Mon 8th July I Reported that my TV BOX had failed.I was promised a replacement by Friday and transferred to sales who offered me a new and improved contract-both very satisfactory!the box did not arrive and I was told this was because I didn't have a BTtelevision contract.Promise to reactivate the service at midnight and the box would be dispatched the following day. Sat morning I received a text that the box could not be dispatched as I had ordered two! This was resolved and a box promised for the following Wed.E-mail on Tuesday showed that the box was addressed to our old house (left 3 years previously)Managed eventually to pick up box from local PO but this was apparently faulty.Necessitated 3 calls to their service dept on the third of which I was offered another box. Thurs 18th,notification of delivery but still to old address.Further phone call to arrange for address to be changed and the box was eventually received on Tues 23rd July-This was the wrong model. Wed 24th replacement promised for correct address for Sat 27th. Sat 27th no delivery.A further box is due to be sent but to wrong address.I refused to pick this up from PO. 29th A long phone call to an adviser at Lincoln to arrange for our old address to be permanently deleted from the BT computer and a new correct box sent. Wed 31st.New box arrived,connected and is satisfactory.This is on the 24th day after ordering. The staff on all occasions were pleasant and helpful,especially Lewis at Lincoln. I anticipate I made at least 10 calls plus two aborted calls due to a faulty line."
"since.bt.changed.my.tel.number.about6years.i.have.nothing.but.hassle.from.them.there.are.a.few.genuine.people.i.would.give.10.but.there.aae.numerous.ones.i.would.give0i.was.put.on.to.the.special.help.team.in.doncaster.i.Big.joke.!.out.of.all.in.h...the.call.centre.2persons.would.get10.butthe.others.1.also.bt.mobile.team.are.allrated10..with.me.respecially.cormack.murphy.from.irelandmanager.i.personally.some.of.their.staff.are.scammers.especially.india..my.tel.number.is.ex.directory.+no.one.knows.my.mobile.as.i.have.long.got.it.but.am.getting.lots.of.scam.calls.although.i.have.call.protect..i.dealt.with.the.ombudsman.in.2016.and.got.some.compensation.@have.contacted.him.again..Iam.72.and.if.i.could.change.providers.i.would.they.owe.me.£100.'salso.talk.talk.who.scammed.too.i.have.heard.good.reports.about.virgin&sky..if.i.could.affor.a.lawyer.i.woul.take.both.to.court.and.sue.for.£1000.,s."
"BT reduced my achievable speed as a result of so called technical problems, when it had been stable at over 45mbps downloads since installation up to the point of the problems. Now reduced to below just over 25, with no real reason given only "line stability" - we are less than 300 yards from the cabinet! However BT are now trying to sell me Superfast up to 53mbps at an additional cost! Wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. Customer service appalling, and they always start out with any issue being the customers fault, and BT is the arbiter as to whether it is your fault, in which case you get a £150 or £250 bill for your callout. Go with BT at your own risk!"
BT is rated 1.46 based on 269 reviews