BT Reviews

8% of reviewers recommend BT
1 New Reviews Written
06AM
6AM

Tell us how BT made you happy

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Over a week
"BT are totally incompetent in almost every area of operation. (except credit control where they're on the phone for payment in an instant.) From the install of business broadband (I ended up with 7 Hubs) to the cloud phone which is really poor quality. Despite 75Mbps broadband the call quality is scratchy & quiet. Trying to order additional equipment for the system resulted in the obligatory game of pass the customer as I got bounced from department to department, each more concerned with end the call than providing a solution. Whether its live chat, email of phone that standard of care is equally poor. It obvious that senior managers at BT have never put themselves through the hellish experience that is being a BT customer entails. If they have then they obviously don't care. The price is premium but the product is substandard Residental service was equally bad. There are no redeeming features to BT and only their virtual monopoly on services keeps them going. Avoid if you have any choice at all"
Are you BT? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback BT receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Decided to leave BT after broadband problems for a long time. After being a customer for forty years I was hit with a 80 pound fee. I was also advised if I wanted to keep my email address , it would cost £7.50 per month Customer services it is like speaking to robots Would never go back."
"Miss selling cloud phones nobody knows what the doing. I would not recommend to anybody told£800 pounds to cancel the contract keep away from this phones."
"Been with BT for 18 years in my bussiness line upgraded and was told it would be a smooth trsnsistion I asked at the time of the sales call are you sure as we are internet sales , yes sir yes no down time, it’s 15.30 and we had no service all day called up 11 times and told each time we have to look into it no calls back now being told we “might be” have service to tomorrow , I gave many times told other sales people when they call me to change over service no thank you i like with bt never again , totally useless and no sorry or compensation , regards pawn it , pawn brokers Broadstairs .01843 864004"
"its not working we had pay nearly £1000 to cancel it its Do not get sign for it you will be disappointed with huge lost and frustration look at other review"
"After ordering bt broadband as i was trying to move from virgin i realised the broadband was no good as i need a fixed ip address and that bt provided revolving ip addresses. I used the broadband 2-3 times just to set it up but as didn't start using it until 2 days after the 14 day cancellation they said i owe them around £400 to cancel. Absolutely ridiculous amount of money for a service i only used to set it up. now they have passed the debt to a collection agency and added 25% so it is now £565.66. i told them numerous times on the phone the service was unusable to me because the ip address was not static. if they had made this clear upfront i would never have ordered but doing so would probably mean less customers so the details were hidden away. I sent all the equipment back with 7 days but they then added an equipment charge on top. I used the broadband to set up 1 pc and never used the phone line at all. how can such a company that prides itself on being a family operator be such an aggressive, venal predator? At some point there will be a debt collector at my door to take my possessions. all because i went 2 days over the 14 days because it was not straight-forward to switch from virgin to bt as i run a home office. THIS COMPANY IS A DISGRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Where do I start this company is disgraceful and shows no empithy my father is seriously ill with motor neurone he has become housebound so we changed his tv package to include films we did not know that watching these sky films used a great deal of internet usage. For four months BT happily charged him heavy charges is was unaware as unfortunately he is unable to access his emails due to poor usage of his hands. We only realised that these charges were occurring when he was notified by his bank that he was overdrawn. After days of calls and speaking to various people at Bt we established what these charges were for. After explaining to Bt the circumstances they would not refund the charges however for an extra £2.50?per month he could have unlimited usage fine but how do they justify £140 of extra charges ? They are just out to rip customers off and when it comes to ripping off A very poorly old man within a very limited life expectancy how can they justify this disgusting BT I will make sure everyone knows this story they are happy as long as they are making a profit don’t use BT !!!"
"Had bt nearly 4 years broadband allways been rubbish by disconnecting and reconnecting 20+ times a day never a constant connection and called bt thay want £130 to fix yet there fault where they installed the wire ."
"Too expensive. No reward for over 25 years loyal customer service. They offer deals to new customers and rip off the ones that remain. Well, I'm now paying less than half to another provider for a comparable set of products. And my broadband speed has gone up by 50%!"
"Still charging for cancelled mobile sim out of contract have cancelled it endless times since late July 2018 they always say on the phone that they don’t confirm in writing. Home broadband speed dropped drastically endless complaints and recording lack of speed which they admit on phone but do nothing ,when you phone and make official complaint they fob you off with will pass your feedback on. Diabolical not basically honest"
"BT business i would never recommend this company they are not flexible at all and do not UNDERSTAND if your having probelms no compromise no help no negotiation just disgusting the experience I have had. Try other providers not BT. They just plain black and white I would say whether you can afford or not complete your full term length dont care or want to listen to your probelm. Manager was absolutely disgraceful I found."
"BT provided such poor customer service, couldn't meet customers' needs at all. Always charge customers extra money even when canceling the contract. My broadband package expired this September, but BT doesn't contact me to inform this and charged £20 extra this month. It was ridiculous to pay £63.49 to pay for the broadband package?! I complained about this issue over the phone, one staff advised me to continue working with BT and was able to offer me £36.99 for the broadband and line. I ended the call as I wanted to have a conversation with my partners but was not told the price would be different next time! I called in twice afterward and was offered £37.99 and £39.99. Every time I called in and ended up with disappointment and the problem couldn't be solved at all. I am so disappointed with the service and price offered. Although I am going to cancel BT's package, they still need to charge another bill?! It is definitely a wrong choice to work with BT and it lets me down all the time!!! Never come back!"
"Awful customer service, was waiting 5 weeks to get broadband installed, had to book 2 days off work for them to keep telling me they couldn't complete the work. All they say is sorry and tell you to make a complaint. I made a complaint and still the issue wasn't resolved. On 3 separate occasions they was suppose to call but never did, and send a text saying they tried calling me. Absolute worst of the worst."
"Liars - no customer service broken promises dates completion of work connection excuse after excuse"
"Have tried to login, unsuccessful, BT says I have been blocked, called them up-14 minutes and nowhere. They deliberately make it difficult! Went on chatline-after web form limits your narrative! Nowhere after 16 minutes. Asked for a transcript to be sent-NOTHING! They do not have a valid email address for complaints-they do not want any. WHICH magazine puts them as the WORST provider-no wonder! A-former-great British Company, with call centre personnel who are tied by what they say/do! Go with Virgin/SKY, I am in January-a complete shambles!"
"Great customer service and assistance setting up my new Sim!"
"You are led to believe that you are getting this fantastic tv package but you always have to upgrade to get anything remotely interesting. The vast majority of the channels are Freeview which is free anyway! Now they’ve tied me to them for 18 months paying through the nose for nothing. Boy, do I regret using them. NEVER again. Don’t fall for BT’s sales patter - they are the worst I’ve seen."
"We have had broadband through BT for 2 Years We have had a fault with our internet every week. We have spent days off work waiting for engineers to arrive. We have had our business disrupted constantly (self-employed) and lost thousands of pounds through downtime being unable to operate. We have spent the equivalent of what must now be days on the phone trying to raise fault notifications and complaints and we get nowhere. We get charged full price for a service which is operational 50% of the time. We get bugger all compensation and ultimately, the issue never gets fixed. We are leaving."
"When informing BT that we were leaving because of the impending price increase and switching to another provider, they offered an enhanced range of product at a greatly reduced cost if we would stay. We agreed to stay with BT. Sadly in hindsight we should have left as BT have failed to provide all the elements of the enhanced package despite several phone calls to a variety of BT operatives. So anyone and everyone should check documentation of whats been offered as a contract with an operative of BT on the phone to see that they correlate??????????? Ongoing, so will post a further review in the near future !"
"Things are always going wrong - if you get past the automated woman which directs you to the wrong department their owns systems go down, they lose you whilst transferring you and then cut you off. They can even screw up calling you back!. And don't believe because your landline works now it will work tomorrow - Openreach managed to remove the connection for my line whilst trying to connect someone down the road to broadband , and it took innumerable calls and 11 days to get it reconnected. Latest is a sim with no voicemail that they can't fix. I"
BT is rated 1.37 based on 120 reviews