British Gas Reviews

Business & Office

Tell us how British Gas made you happy

Over a week
customer service
"Sorting out boiler problem ringing before arrival,Gareth engineer no 3990425 helpful polite and did the job most efficiently. Thank you"
Are you British Gas? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Day started off terribly today when the gas boiler decided to blow up and turn our kitchen in to a lake. We had no cover and nobody to help us until a relative recommended British Gas. They sent a young chap out within a few hours who was extremely polite and professional and fixed the problem in no time. I am now covered by British Gas and am totally satisfied with the service they carried out."
"I had a leak with with radiator leaking valve and joint in Edmonton london N9,an engineer his name is Alex arrived on time before the actual appointment time of 12noon.He was so professional friendly,he fixed the problem and clear up well.Can this review be passed on to him and tell him how grea full I was with his work."
"We have a British Gas Homecare contract covering the boiler for over 6 years. In that time we've had only positive experiences with both the telephone staff & also engineers. Parts that have been replaced are diverter & also isolation valves, pump & circut board. Only once did they cancel but they let me know. I'm paying little over £5.00 per week & that includes a £90.00 yearly service. Couple of weeks before renewal i ring them & politely haggle to get something off the new premium. Regards non Brit Gas engineers i know there are decent ones out there but in our experience we don't want the hassle of having to keep chasing them & also attempting to rip us off. To us it's about peace of mind."
"Horrendous weather, gas man due between 12 and 6pm phoned just turned 6 pm stuck in traffic as most at standstill. Managed to get here at 8.15pm and what a lovely guy he was. Couldn't do enough, full explained what had been the problem. A credit to British Gas and I would welcome him back to do my yearly service each time.shelaghkbennett@hotmail.com"
"Easy online forms and English call centre"
"spoke to person very quickly who explained my tariff options and switched within minutes"
"We had an electrical fault caused by the boiler this weekend. It not only cut off the electricity and kept tripping the system but the boiler system was shorting out. Within 6 hours, two seperate engineers (one electrical and one for the boiler) came to the house, despite British Gas own booking systems being upgraded and causing issues, and resolved the issue with brilliant efficiency. The fault was not obvious but the care, attention, politeness and attitude of the engineers was superb and I cannot fault these guys."
"I neded a replacement boiler fitted. My 30 year old boiler could not be repaired. The BG advisor, Martin Johnson, called on Tuesday 14th November 2017. Martin was helpful,gave honest advice,and was not pushy. I was aware that BG would not be the cheapest but in my experience you get what you pay for. I agreed to go ahead. Later the same evening I was called and told that the new boiler could be fitted the next day. By 8am on 15th the new boiler and other parts had been delivered, and scaffolding was being put up. The fitter,Steve Childs, turned up on time and started work. He was pleasant, worked hard and kept mess to a minimum. Later the same day the BG electrician,David Skinner,anothervery pleasant chap, arrived to connect the electrical side of things. The scaffolding was removed early the next day and the old boiler etc was collected. Needless to say I was 100% happy with everything. In this day and age it is unusual to get service like this. Many thanks to all concerned."
"I wanted a quote for Homecare cover( Boiler, plumbing an drains) for renting out my property. I initially applied online and then did not finish my application because I ran out of time. British Gas subsequently phoned me to say they had noticed that I had not finished my application and could they help?. They were obviously keen for my custom- unlike some others who had not bothered to phone back - and I ended up getting an excellent policy with them which suits my needs perfectly."
"The engineer was extremely knowledgeable and fixed my boiler the very same day"
"Did exactly what they said they would"
"Customer service is really good I can't complain I've used British gas for utilities and service cover breakdowns etc for over 25 years and they have always done a good job. Home security was really good and even dyno rod came out to deal with a weeping stop tap leak and could not repair under the policy but still tightened up the washer. Reliable and trusted"
"Customer service exceptional and very patient in helping me with my order. I had to contact the sales representative several times before confirming my order, and the assistant ( Mark Gwilliam, New Business Sales Executive, British Gas Business) was very patient and helpful in dealing with my questions."
"Near to my policy renewal, the helpful assistant waived the cancellation fee. The call centre was super quick in responding and very polite. Wonderful!"
"I recent lost my job last year due to ill health. I am on payment cards for gas and electricity, paid fortnightly. 3 times I rang up to say I was struggling and those 3 times I spoke to three different people. They were very understanding and helpful. They never swore, never threatened me with a pre-payment meter. I didn't have to start paying again for six weeks to give me time to get things sorted out, naturally my payments increased to cover my missed payments but it was not by much. Installed a smart meter which is excellent, turned up on time. My partner has been with British gas for over 20 years, she also never had any problems and has got boiler care. All representatives I have spoken to have been polite. The problem with some people when they get into money problems, instead of getting in touch to sort things out they just leave it. I would recommend British gas to anyone."
"The man from British gas came on Sunday to service the boiler, his name was Tony Randell, I think his number was 2996024, he was a lovely man, really polite very pleasant and efficient. Just to let you know"
"Always found British Gas to be a very good company. Yes sometimes it may take a little while to get through and yes they can make mistakes but all companies do. Overall a very good service provided. Home care is worth its weight in gold."
"have chosen BG as they were offering a good deal and being a reputable organisation I feel you can trust them"
"Problem dealt with from initial call to engineer(KIERON)attending handled really well.Engineer KIERON polite,helpful and resolved the matter without issue,well done you lot!"
British Gas is rated 1.45 based on 385 reviews