British Gas Reviews

customerservice@britishgas.co.uk

PO Box 4805

Category:
Business & Office

How would you rate British Gas ?

Kathleen Hyndman
Verified Reviewer
"I am only giving 1 star but they don't deserve any. I moved to the West Country in October 2016, and as I had Homecare at my last home in London, I immediately signed up with my new house and got a service in November 2016, which was good, or at least I thought it was, the service engineer said I needed a new filter and said a quote would be sent, which it was but about 3 weeks later. I tried to ring British Gas to get an engineer to fit the filter, but got no response. I contacted a local plumber and he replaced the filter for a quarter of the price British Gas were quoting, so I was enough, a lucky escape really. When the following October came I kept looking at my online account and it kept saying 'you are not due for a service yet, we will notify you when you are'. In November it was still saying this, so I rang up, they said they had no engineer until January, so 15 months after my last service, I took a days annual leave and the working day before, they rang up and cancelled! I made another appointment for the 9th April, again took 1 days annual leave, waited in all day until I eventually looked at the site at 6.30 and saw they had put 'book an engineer', during the day this was schedule for that day and changed at the end, no phone call, nothing, I then immediately put in a complaint and they said they would respond with 8 weeks! It has now gone well past that 8 weeks and I have heard nothing. Since my last service I have paid over £400 to British gas, has lost 2 days annual leave and am now about to go to the ombudsman. My nice local plumber has offered to service the boiler £74, which I will take him up on. If I was paying him £20 per month and he didn't deliver a service everyone would consider that outrageous and he would probably be done for fraud! Why does British Gas think they are beyond the general rules of customer service? Every part of their establishment has let me down. Has anyone else out there reading this had the same problems?"
"called out a plummer under our 400 policy on 30/03/18 to repair bath waste plug. move onto 28/05/18 sitting in my living room notice a large blister on the ceiling water had leaked from the bath waste.british gas say its one of those things. i have lived in this house for over 30 years and its never happened before so why now."
"hi switched recent and totally love it ,use my link and i will help you get another £ 40 on top of your £ 50 just pm after you complete switch and enjoy ,im more then happy to give you my share ,and keep £ 10 for me join.bulb.co.uk/refer/michal6442"
Richard
"the fact that i cannot get anybody to contact me ,and there seems to be a debt on my metre"
"They have lied, the customer service never do what they say, then they charge you for the privilege. They charged for a meter on a house my son had moved out of!! Apparently they broke into the new owners house and changed his meters when he was in hospital, the house was completely empty as we had told them he had moved out!!. Absolute joke. They had not recorded the previous conversations and then split the bills into two accounts to justify breaking in after the event. They never would have got a warrant for £200 bill, so they split the bills and put a £500 payment against the electric bill. Do not trust them and do not trust them to do as they say they will. They really do not care about their customers at all. When I asked what the final meter reading was, for the meter they changed they said they could not tell me, I said how can I agree the bill? I would suggest you do not use them and do not trust them if you are currently with them!"
"Sorting out boiler problem ringing before arrival,Gareth engineer no 3990425 helpful polite and did the job most efficiently. Thank you"
"Day started off terribly today when the gas boiler decided to blow up and turn our kitchen in to a lake. We had no cover and nobody to help us until a relative recommended British Gas. They sent a young chap out within a few hours who was extremely polite and professional and fixed the problem in no time. I am now covered by British Gas and am totally satisfied with the service they carried out."
"they have cancelled two boiler appointments on the spin, the first on 7.2.18, when i took a day off work was 30 mins before, the second on 12.5.18 was day before. general attitude on indifference ."
"Well British Gas is simply a terrible company to deal with. British gas wrote my boiler off, even though it had been serviced just 3 weeks earlier saying the galvanised metal has rusted within the boiler!! We therefore had no heating or hot water. British Gas promised to install our new boiler (a top of the range Worcester) and zone our house to allow each floor to be individually controlled with a hive! After installing the boiler they refusing to complete the job. Please be aware that they lie bout what they offer! I would award 0 start if available. Please avoid, they are not cheap and their after sales service is terrible!"
"We had astrong smell of burning and a leak from the boiler which was incidentally serviced last week!! Phoned British Gas , no chance of a call out tonight. I went into full flight and told them I was recording my call. I was met by arrogance and ZERO empathy. Finally an electrician and plumber were promised after half hr battle. 7 pm now 1 am no sign of plumber. 😨. We pay £36 monthly for Home care 400. Not worth the paper it's written on. I'm afraid they are for the bin. Do not entertain this terrible company. 0*is proper rating."
"amazing customer service from south african customer service representatives"
"Pure scams and for a big company like BG stealing money from people is a disgrace..something should be done and they need to be review their services n systems. I gave them a month's notice but 18days after my contract ended i get a bill of £430 and I've never had a massive bill like that with them before but just because i left them they are still trying to suck some more money off me and the break down doesnt make sense. As a former employee at BG I'm DISGUSTED by this. They need to be sued for their services."
"Appalling customer service !! Not only do they keep increasing prices but don’t fulfill their part of the home are service, continually want to keep cancelling my yearly service, which means in the end I would have missed out on a yearly service altogether !! I’m going elsewhere !"
"I had a leak with with radiator leaking valve and joint in Edmonton london N9,an engineer his name is Alex arrived on time before the actual appointment time of 12noon.He was so professional friendly,he fixed the problem and clear up well.Can this review be passed on to him and tell him how grea full I was with his work."
"British Gas lies about engineers been booked and pretend to miss you or couldn’t find engineer for more gab 3 times. I sat down in the house for six 1/2 hours waiting for them, but their APP claims thet they missed me. They lie that their engineer missed you. I called them several times telling them that I am waiting for them but they claimed that they coukdn’t have access."
"Appalling. I’m 70, live alone, in poor health. I’ve had a week needing urgent work - water running down the walls inside and out. No heating, no hot water. They’ve not turned up to three appointments. Today promised will do but only if there’s water in the property! IVE PAID FOR THE SERVICE!! I’m being treated with utter contempt. DO NOT HAVE A HOMECARE PLAN WITH THEM. APPALLING. TAKE THE MONEY BUT OFFERED MINDBOGGLINGLY BAD SERVICE."
"I switched from BG in February, they kept changing the final amount due or to be given back to me. At one point they stated I was due £90 to be returned to me which would be paid within 30 days, then I get a threatening email stating I am due them £22 and it would doubled and passed to debt collectors if I did not pay it right away. None of them seem to know what they are doing, absolutely shocking service"
"We didn't live at our old address for 6 years (we sold our house in Feb 2012) but every month British gas still charges us 7 pounds per month. I have been contacted with home care British gas following the number 08002949650. They asked me to call 08002948320. Then when I called 08002948320, they then asked me to call 08002949650. No one can be able to cancel the direct debit and refund my money for the last 6 years. I have been calling none stop but no one can sort it out. There were 4 conversations someone even turned off the line. I asked them for the email address so that I can send the copy of my bank account to prove the amount charging every month as it showed clearly that British gas but they couldn't give me the email address. Tonight I called them again and they said that someone will call me back on Wednesday. I told them that I will be busy at my office so can they send me via, or give me an email address so that I can write my queries but they said that they can't. Anyway hopefully someone from British gas will call me on Wednesday"
"I think the most off putting thing about this company is that I cant seem to get through a month without having to contact them about some sort of clerical error they have made - receiving e-mails telling me a bill is due when I have already paid, money mysteriously being added to bills with no coherent reason why (yes I asked) and their consistently broken website. I'm tired of talking to them and will be looking to switch to a different provider"
Happy Independent Gas Engineer User
Verified Reviewer
"a total joke of a company contact customer service is just as bad as the standard the engineer is on his way poor quality workmanship anyone considering homecare just ask for the real homecare by name ripoff. i hope this organisation goes out of business they are total cowboys and should not be trusted to change a light bulb let alone risk peoples safety with shoddy supply and fitting of boilers please avoid British Gas,"
British Gas is rated 1.50 based on 170 reviews