British Gas Reviews

British Gas have a Customer Happiness Grade of E. Customers are happy with their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

11% of reviewers recommend British Gas
1 New Reviews Written
4PM
4PM

customerservice@britishgas.co.uk

PO Box 4805

Category:
Business & Office

How would you rate British Gas ?

"Had british gas out 4 times in two weeks very impressed with service have my tumble dryer repaired and twice for my boiler now all working"
"Switched to Bulb saved 400 ,paid my exit fees ,and they are 100% renewable im offering you £75 if you sign up using his code £50 from Bulb and £25 from the £50 he gets So £75 off your first bill!! The code is below: refferal75gbp.tk"
"Smart meter installer damaged my boiler beyond repeir 7 days ego and left 4 of us ( 2 small kids) without hot water and heating. Our complaint is being shifted from one manager to another, without any solution. That's the way how BRITISH GAS repays 19 years of loyalty."
"Terrible company!!!!!!!!!! Avoid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They owe me £500 since 24.08. Now we have 15.10, and I dont have my money back!!!! Rude people on the phone!!!!!!!"
"Twice they haven’t turned up for a 12-6 slot that I’ve taken time off for. And frankly I don’t believe the excuses. Homecare is going to be cancelled if this happens again."
"TOTAL JUNK ,YOUR NEW VOICE SMART TOP UP DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY WHAT A WASTE OF TIME SMART TOP UP ? NOTHING SMART ABOUT BRITISH GAS,IM CHANGING SUPPLIER"
"AVOID. We had full homecare contract- boiler/plumbing/drains/electrical- costing over £800/ year - but have cancelled after a litany of problems and failed appointments. It is very hard to get through and you are passed from pillar to post. They don't have the number of electricians needed to offer that service. Engineers fail to turn up/ fail to attend with the right parts and then never come back. We had 5 failed appointments and are now getting a local electrician. Even the core boiler service is pretty useless. If there is a problem in winter- they say they are so busy that can't come urgently unless you are very old and frail or have a baby. Honestly cheaper and better to get local plumber/ boiler company/ electrician"
"quite possibly the worst customer experience & service I have come across. First they send me an incorrect bill. To get it resolved I have to launch a complaint, which they say they will resolve in 7 days. hahaha! I then receive emails, txts from Debt recovery companies chasing the bill. I have explained the bill was in dispute, but they take no notice. Finally after 3 or 4 phone calls from me to customer services I reach somebody who cares. They call me back and say they have resolved the problem and confirm there was an overcharge (over £1000) I am offered a £20 goodwill gesture of my bill for the inconvenience, which I accept and pay the bill over the phone. They also agree to call off the debt recovery company. I request new invoices. When I check the invoice they do not add up to what I paid. I also notice that the charge for Gas looks really expensive as no appliances are running as the property was empty. Can a pilot light on a boiler cost £2 per day? I don't think so. I have to call customer services again! grrrr. Upon getting through I am told that the reason the bills don't add up is because I was charged a £25 late payment fee. What a liberty and so much for the £20 goodwill gesture. Now Im fuming! I ask if they can check the gas usage. They respond by saying "Mr Hixon are you saying the meter is faulty because if its not there will be a £400 charge for the engineer visit. Another liberty!!!! I request a call back from a manager. No surprise I"m still waiting and I'm not holding my breath. Oh and today I got a letter from the debt recovery company which just about tops it off....."
"British Gas homecare is an absolute joke. Not content with making us wait 2 months for the service appointment, they then ring up the week before the scheduled date to cancel it due to an abundance of emergency appointments. We will then have to wait another 2 months. All this time they’re collecting £17 a month for “peace of mind” They couldn’t possibly answer my question of whether the emergency appointments were due to the fact that they’re not servicing appliances. One customer less after service."
"We had an annual boiler serviced on one of our property's and the engineer was excellent and very professional and polite. His name was Gabriel Jurukouski employee number :3990394"
"Had a problem with our boiler. Me T James came out and as well as being friendly and helpful, he fixed the problem and tested it to make sure it was fixed. A credit to the company."
"Problem dealt with from initial call to engineer(KIERON)attending handled really well.Engineer KIERON polite,helpful and resolved the matter without issue,well done you lot!"
"Never infered they have, they have left me without central heating for 5 months, and, no hot water for the last 7 week...and. still not resolved, they can’t visit till later October. I’m not happy at all."
"I have given this rating in relation to the poor customer service I have experienced and the high cost of their cover plans. They have been inconsistent with their polices and my entitlements for the cover I have taken out with them. For three years I had been paying for central heating and radiator cover but was told by the engineer who serviced my boiler that I wasn't covered. I have also had a v frustrating time speaking to their customer service team who do not seem to be in agreement about their data protection policies. Although my partner added my name to the account, and it was confirmed to me that I would have full access, whenever I spoke to a different member of staff I was told something different. I would not recommend British Gas to anyone and will avoid uisng them in the future."
"They did everything possible to stop us cancelling our Homecare cover after experiencing poor service from their engineer. Their automated telephone system is dreadful, email contact was not available, and when you finally speak to someone you are told that they are not able to deal with cancellations, despite that number being given by British Gas on the notification of automatic renewal. All of this after they elected to ignore explicit written instructions to cancel automatic renewal sent by mail 2 months earlier."
"2hours and 2 call centre staff spoken too 1st gentleman was polite and helpful then said the dreaded thing I would get a call back in 48 hours when I saidhis was not good enough he gave me a number to call 20 miunutes later hung washing out and brushed my path spoke to a lady ???who was very rude told again I would have to wait 48 hors for a call back !I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told they would only say the same I informed the lady! I would wait to speak to her supervisor 5 minutes wait and was told someone would call me within the hour with my recent experience with British gas I will believe it when I see it, will be looking to cancel all I have with them can not believe how a company of British gas standard has deterioted so badlyJudging by the bad reviews written they are not going to improve."
"Was a customer for 3 minutes. To a service plan out and then wentto book a service and they exepct you to wait in 5 hours for a slot........"
"Absolute Cowboys! I wouldn’t trust them to change a plug. They are currently paying Trustpilot to put fake 5 star reviews on also."
"Lied to by BG who said engineer had called when he had not. Manager very rude when I had explained a missed visit to my sick 91 year old mother and that I had a 7 year old staying with me. 48 hours without hot water or heating"
British Gas is rated 1.50 based on 221 reviews