British Gas Reviews

PO Box 4805

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how British Gas made you happy

"Tried to make an appointment to get my Nu Flame Slimline Radiant HE (6 yrs old) gas fire repaired. First two appointments not attended - actually cancelled without notification from B Gas. Engineer turned up on the third appointment spent a lot of time looking on his computer and about 30 seconds looking at the fire. He then announced that my gas fire was not on his approved list and he could not have not do any repair work on the fire. Thanks British Gas, a waste of around 3 days of my time. You were given full details of my gas fire and it’s problem when I made the appointment. The radiant HE is a popular brand and I rang Nu Flame who confirmed you carry out repairs on their fires. I would give you no stars if it was allowed. Derek Wright"
Are you British Gas? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback British Gas receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Absolute liars! Missed appointment after a phone call that the engineer is going to be late.I called them the next day to be told that the engineer visited at 7:21 but no one answered when I confronted the gentleman the line got disconnected magically so I called again to be told the same story and offering an appointment almost two months later; which I refused and insisted on filling a complaint. The story however re the engineer changed to "the engineer was new to area and hence could not find the address.They offered a £30 compensation but I wanted to progress a complaint to save others from these liars, I was on the phone for over 50 minutes and around 10 minutes for the complaints team only to be told that they will call me in two days and after insisting I have a complaint number which might not be real. Definite liars. Looks like this a common practice in British. I am sure no one will call me. Let's see...."
"Dreadful company to deal with, I moved house and it took four phone calls to get my account moved over. some of their telephone staff are not helpful, and it takes far too long to get to speak to someone when you have problems with your account. I have now moved away from them and are determined never to use them again. British Gas = the worst energy provider in the UK."
"We have been paying Bg for an annual Homecare agreement for a number of years. Last month we were away when our boiler developed a fault. This was discovered by our son who immediately contacted me. I then tried to arrange a call our under the Homecare agreement. The fault was discovered on Friday night I rang BG from New Zealand where we were at the time. Two attempts were made to arrange a visit each were both through an automated system that was unable to comprehend my information and which cut me off. I eventually got through to a human being only to be told that the first available slot was the following Monday between 12 and 6pm. to facilitate the appointment my son had to take a day off work with loss of earnings. On the day of the appointment the engineer finally arrived at 4.45pm which meant that my son did not really have to take a day off work and could easily have worked round the attendance problem. The engineer then inferred that the boiler had not been serviced recently [despite a service being supposedly conducted within the last three months by themselves. He also stated that the problem related to the motherboard which needed replacing but could not be done that day as he did not have one with him. An further appointment was made for the following day this time the engineer agreed to ring when he was on his way so that my son did not have to take a further day off work. When the engineer eventually arrived at gone 5pm the repair was carried out bu the system still failed to work. it was then decided the fault laid with the pump, which was replaced. When we returned home a week later we found that the heating system failed again. I contacted BG, but they could only send an engineer the following day between 8 and 1.00. The recommendation from BG was to put on more layers of clothes! The engineer arrived around 11am and so called fixed the problem which he though was to do with fan. The boiler keeps cutting out and the pressure drops. It has to be restarted manually. By now we had decided to get a new boiler but was assured that the boiler should last until the replacement has been made. That was Friday, when we got up on Saturday we found that the boiler had cut out again. I tried to arrange another visit only to find the the first available one was the following Monday. I did however managed to restart the boiler and had done so on a further five occasions. We have constantly check to ensure the boiler is still working and the pressure has been maintained. As a result of all the hassle we are now considering not renewing our annual contract. Through my dealings with BG it is increasingly obvious that they are increasingly putting shareholders before customers. There are not enough engineers to cover their services. Engineers appear to resolve the issues on the surface and do not delve into the causes."
"We moved home and made the mistake of get involved with British Gas. Two months on they dare still sending all correspondence to the old address. After two months of trying to chayour home address we have given up and decided to move to a different provider. British Gas lies and inefficiency sets new standards for poor customer Service. Avoid at all costs."
"You sent the engineer Henry T to fix my bolier problem and he did a thorough and terrific job. I am well impressed. Thank you British Gas!!!"
"I was thinking of taking Homecare out with british gas but after reading all these one star reviews I dont think I will bother"
"I booked an appointment ten days in advance for boiler service and radiator repair. The timeslot was 12 midday to 6pm. I booked the day off work as I work 20 miles away. At 5.40pm, the call center rang and told me that the appointment was cancelled as the engineer was stuck on a leak somewhere. The excuse for calling me at 5.40 was that the agent had to call other customers first. This kind of service stinks. I'll be cancelling my account and using a more reliable and honest company."
"Yesterday i was visited by one of your engineers to fix a fault on my boiler I found him to be helpful friendly competent and sympathetic to my needs I have been a customer for over 40 years and I have no thoughts of changing"
"Only 1 because I can't give a 0 rating. Been paying for a care package for years for our boiler. Our service was postponed due to other emergencies earlier this year yet when our boiler breaks down leaving us with no hot water or heating (effectively living in a fridge) we're refused an emergency call out because our daughter is over 1! She's 2... In any normal civilised world leaving a preschooler in a house for 36+ hours with no heating or hot water is scandalous. If BG we're our energy supplier...this would be different.. we could sign up and they'd come out because she's under 5!!! We still pay you money every month British Gas and this is what we get? I am beyond furious. Why is my child worth less than another's who's family get their energy from you?? Once this shambles is dealt with we will be going elsewhere and I will be telling all and sundry how you sort your priorities"
"I am disgusted by the poor service afforded by British Gas Homecare. I paid for a one off boiler service in October and was given an appointment for 28th November which is not good. I received a phone call this evening to inform me that the service would now take place on 22 Januuary. Apparently, there is no guarantee that this will happen. I have been offered £30 compensation. I have friends who have contracts with British Gas who have also had problems. What is happening to British Gas? They were so reliable at one time."
"I have the unfortunate experience of dealing with the CEO customer complaints team, they are without doubt the most useless customer service team I have come across. unwilling to listen, seem to make up rules as they go along and contradict themselves constantly. would I use them? never ever again and would warn anyone off evening getting into a contract with them . glad to be finished and off back to EON"
"Just got a bill from them, after 3months from switching suppliers, for £400 because they say "they underestimated our bill for a year"! How Convenient that they make that claim now. Is this an early termination fee for switching from their incompetence? Is it payback? stay Away from British Gas...that’s why we switched Suppliers! Such Incompetence!!!"
"Rubbish hopeless customer services slow and of no help spent hours and weeks on phone"
"I can only describe British Gas as exceptionally poor! I was paying £35 a month for over a year which I was very happy with, suddenly it shot up to £125 a month, which is just ridiculous, I phoned the company to ask if there has been a mistake and there hadn’t been, I then told them I will be leaving as I can’t afford to pay that amount a month! I changed supplier and in the same month BG took another £119 out of my account plus paying my new supplier, I then phoned the company again asking about this, I was passed pillar to post speaking with lots of different people, some very patronising, rude staff! I was then told they will have to open this as a complaint, after them Promising me they would phone back and didn’t, I then phoned them again to be told I now owed them £192! I am now currently paying this off in installments! Absolutely shocking service, I feel like I have aged 10 years dealing with them and I warn any of you to avoid them!"
"Sam made me happy by sorting out a long running problem with the renewal of my Mother's Home Service policy. Thank you, Sam"
"I am stuck with British Gas ! I had a refund in April as they said the company had made a mistake £224 reversed (electric) after huge discussion with representative,,, in July without any communication they added it back on to my bill. Same happened with my gas £300 deduction in April I was told due to a mistake of BG , it was added back on in July . I’m paying £86 a month for electric and £75 a month for gas ,,, there is only myself and husband in the property and we both work full time !! I called BG thinking smart metre must be sending the wrong info , I am told I can have it checked but will need to pay if no fault is found ,,, I don’t want to pay them any more money!!! I can’t leave them yet because in debit of £231.84 !! I just can’t see how I’ve used all of this energy!!"
"We booked our annual service and it was put back 1 month due to all engineers being out on emergency call outs.... Our renewal documents come soon after and we realised that our next appointment would be after this years contract ends. I cannot get hold of any customer service, and am loathed to pay £409 for an annual check up when I can’t get hold of anyone let alone trying to in an emergency. I recommend anyone joining home care read the small print, and invest in your own local plumber...."
"absolutely disgraceful customer service. can't keep appointments made over 24hrs earlier and expect you to take further time off work without recompense when it is their fault. don't buy this product. Sham!"
"We booked a plumber through British gas homecare for a timeslot between 12 and 6pm. My husband took the day off work but they never turned up. I rang them at 6pm and they told me that Dynorod had been delayed on another job but they would definitely come between 6 and 9 pm but they never arrived. They are a completecwaste of space."
British Gas is rated 1.52 based on 244 reviews