BreakerLink Reviews

of reviewers recommend BreakerLink
Read BreakerLink Reviews

About BreakerLink:

BreakerLink is a Free Car Parts Finder service formed in 2002 to assist public and trade customers to locate new and recycled car parts for any vehicle. BreakerLink is linked to 100s of independent part suppliers across the UK and Ireland.

Enter your request, compare quotes and then purchase from the independent supplier with delivery available to your door. Suppliers provide a majority of parts with a 1 month guarantee and some often longer.

I was impressed with the speedy response from the many possible suppliers who were able to help. However, what I'm not impressed with is the promised delivery. The original 'firm' delivery was Tuesday(12 July). After chasing up, the promise of a Wednesday delivery was given. It is now Wednesday and still no engine. I have been assured of a Thursday delivery-some 48 hours later. Frustration is on the increase!
Thank you for your review.

We are glad to hear you had a excellent response from our independent suppliers with quotes for your item, however we are sorry to hear that you are having problems with one of our members and the slow dispatch of your item.

If you would like us to look into this issue for you please go to our contact us page on our website, select complaint from the drop down box and fill out the online form with all the information and we will investigate the problem for you.
peugeot 2-0 ltr HDI engine didnt match very well mechanic ,had to transfer engine mountings,sump had to be trasferred as no bracket .had to weld on brackets to hold exhuast manifold to catalytic converter,paid extra on delivery time two days late
loom had to be rewired
The mechanic has manged to fire it up but its not finished
Thank you for your review.

Unfortunately as you have modified the supplied item we wouldn't be able to help you with this issue however if you had contacted us via our complaints page on our website at the time of supply we would have been able to help you return the item for a refund or organise the supply of the correct item.
Regards
BreakerLink
Phone service pretty bad.
Thank you for your comment.

Were you trying to contact us here at BreakerLink or one of our independent suppliers?
Our BreakerLink UK landline call centre is open Mon - Fri 8:30am - 6:00pm and Sat 9:00am - 5:00pm. Closed Sun and Bank holidays. If you were trying to call one of our members however as they are independent companies their phone systems and opening times etc would be different and set and organised by themselves.
If you are still having issues contacting whoever you were after speaking to you can always contact us with your conatact details via our contact us page on our website and we can contact you direct or pass your contact details on to the supplier in question.
BreakerLink
paid the full amount and to date have had no communication as when it will be delivered or if in fact it has
Thank you for your comment. We are sorry to hear you experienced a problem with a member. If you contact us direct via the Contact Us page on our website, then select Complaint from the drop down box and complete the form providing all the details we can look into this further for you. Thank you. BreakerLink.
I sent a message to the parts supplier via your web site, but it did not reach them and it was not returned to me.
Hi Bob,
Thank you for you comments. If you are talking about the message you sent via our system to a supplier on Friday 20th May at 9:46 regarding an airbag ECU, I can confirm the message was delivered and it has been marked as read by the supplier. We are unsure as to why the independent supplier did not come back to you, however we shall feed this information back to the supplier so that this issue may not arise again.
Asked for belingo spares got peaugot. I know they fit but not on this occasion. well it fits but cant turn it enough inwards for me and mirror is sticking out far too much
Unfortunately, I still haven't received the headlamp a bought on Wednesday 20.4.2016 from A&c Auto Salvage Ltd. They quoted a maximum of 2 days delivery. I have phoned 4 times and cannot get a satisfactory delivery date.
Dear Customer,
Thank you for your comment. We are sorry to hear you experienced a problem with a member. If you contact us direct via the Contact Us page on our website, then select Complaint from the drop down box and complete the form we can look into this further for you.
Thank you.
BreakerLink
Sent wrong parts then sent parts that never turned up so I had to request money back would not use again
Dear Steve,
Thank you for your comment. We are sorry to hear you experienced a problem with a member. As our members our independent companies, your purchase would have been directly through them and not through ourselves. However, if you contact us direct via the Contact Us page on our website, then select Complaint from the drop down box and complete the form we can look into this further for you. Thank you.
BreakerLink
Renpart initially were very helpful, and had the part I needed. But 10 days later the part has still not arrived and despite a phone call and an email I have had no response. I had the same problem with Mirfield motors, also found by Breakerlink.
After the part came quickly. I took the part to the garage, the mechanic checked the part and said it was the wrong part was for the older model of my car. I rang them and explained this to the company and without even asking my name the make of the car the car registration, or reference number he assured me it was the right part. I would never use this company again
The parts came quickly from My Used Spares in July but the Galaxy Spare Wheel Carrier cable was frayed - one strand broken and turning around inside the winding mechanism box. They agreed a refund if I would return the part to them. This I did and it was received by them on 18th August. Unfortunately, the refund did not come until 13th October and only then after numerous phone calls and promises to 'act on it immediately'. My final call this week brought the comment from them that 'in their opinion, the part was quite serviceable and it had been sold the day after it arrived back in their store with no follow-up complaints'. Too many excuses, too many promises and no interest whatsoever in helping with return postage (£12.52) on a used part that in my opinion was not serviceable. Not a happy customer!
Not great. Needed parts for a mk3 fiesta and was sent parts clearly removed from a mk4 so they didn't fit... Will just visit the local breakers in future.
wheres my light paid the money said get it next day ordered 30th september still waiting need to ring . not happy m.o.t. due soon .
Hi Peter. Thank you for your comment. You will need to contact the breaker who you purchased the part from as we are just the company you placed the request with. If you need further details please login in at our website for the breakers details, and they will be able to update you about the status of your part. Thank you. BreakerLink
i purchased a windscreenwiper linkage for a bmw x3 on friday 24/07/2015 i rung their number on tuesday to check progress the chap at the other end of the just slammed the phone down on me if thats their service they can keep it
Dear Customer,
BreakerLink
Got phone call within minutes of placing ad only to be told it was a saloon tail light they had in stock I needed and still need a estate tail light. I was then was contacted by a1 Jap ??? Manchester they assured me they had one in stock I agreed to buy and give my credit card details a few days later I got a phone call to say that when they went to take it out it was broken at the back.
I have always used Breakerlink because of the great service they supply and never had a problem. However, I placed and paid for parts from International Breakers
(Ref Z2478875BL) on 3rd April and was to;d because of the Easter holiday they would not be dispatched until Tuesday the 7th. I had not received them by the 9th so I have phoned them and found out that they have not dispatched them!! Obviously very dissapointed.
my enquires started off very well,the item was very quickly located payment was made,the supplier,the car parts shop,phoned me back very quickly totell me there was two variasions of part that i required,so i sent a photo of part that i needed and sat back to await the part to arrive,that was on thursday 05/02/2015,it is now thursday 12/02/2015 and the part i purchased has still not arrived.
Hi George. Thank you for your comment. Have you contacted the breaker who is supplying you the part directly yet? They will be able to provide an update to you. If you are having trouble contacting them please let us know. Thank you. BreakerLink
Wrong part sent..time will tell if they pay the return postage of £2.80.
Cost £10 to send out.!
Hi M Burgess. Thank you for your comment. Obviously you are waiting for a refund from one of our members rather than BreakerLink. But if you complete our complaints form, available via our Contact Us page, we can help investigate this issue further for you if you require. Thank you. BreakerLink
Jay was very helpful but unfortunately at first suggested the wrong switch. I was slow to think about sending a photo and so the whole process took too long. Yesterday I went to have the switch fitted only to discover it was faulty. I will be reluctant to buy 2nd hand again even though my little car is 14 years old. Surely parts ought to be known to work since you offer a short guarantee. Anyway I hope the refund will be problem free. I'm posting the part back today.
I still have not received my car part from the company on your website I ordered it and paid for it on the 31 October, it was supposed to be delivered within 3 to 5 working days I had to ring them to ask where it was and was told it would be delivered on Thursday 13 th November it did not arrive. I have rung today and been told it will be Monday or Tuesday next week, I am very disappointed.
Helen Wilkinson
HI Helen. Thank you for your comment. We are sorry to hear you have experienced an issue with receiving delivery of your item(s) from one of our members. We have sent this to our complaints team who will investigate this further. Thank you. BreakerLink
BreakerLink is rated 4.70 based on 6,124 reviews