Breakdown Assist Reviews

of reviewers recommend Breakdown Assist
Postal Service, Own Driver
Read Breakdown Assist Reviews

About Breakdown Assist:

Breakdown Assist is a trading style of QDOS Insurance Services Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. We have been trading since 2007 as an Insurance Intermediary, and started selling insurance directly to the public over the internet in February 2011.

enquiries@qdosinsurance.co.uk

The first time I needed the service, I was called back after around 15 mins to be told it would be around 4 hours before anyone could get to me. This was in Sussex at 7pm.... Not 3am the Outer Hebrides. I definitely cannot recommend this company.
Good price but a business card with all relevant phone numbers would be nice for my wallet
Phoned to add cover for Ireland.Was dealt with promptly and efficiently and at a very reasonable price too.
I have no other companies to compare to but I did feel that our case was handled very well! All taxis were reimbursed (after a bit of time) Hire cars were all sorted. Overall I felt reassured that hubs were being handled so we could still enjoy our holiday
Was easy to sign up and cost was appealing, of course the only real test is when I breakdown, so hopefully if called upon the breakdown service will be good.
Easy to apply, good price, haven't needed to use the service yet. My only query is a card with the number to contact on should be sent out, I am not sure of the number and don't fancy my chances of googling it when stuck on the roadside. J
Made a mistake when purchasing type of breakdown cover. E-mailed to ask if there was any way of rectifying this & received a phone call which resulted in a refund & purchase of the correct cover. All done with charm & efficiency. Haven't needed breakdown yet but have every confidence it will be prompt & efficient.
As I don't usually have my cars for more than 3 years it isn't likely that I'll need to use Breakdown Assist, thats why their 'pay if you breakdown' scheme is ideal for me. At a low annual charge, I have the cover just in case. The online set up was quick and easy.
After searching for breakdown cover online I decided to opt for Breakdown assist as they were great value and offering the same if not better cover than the major breakdown people. Very happy with the online purchase of this all I need to do now is store the details on my phone as if you don't pay an admin fee of £2.50 you get nothing in writing with your details on which is the only downside.
The price was very good looking at the cover level. Not sure about the rule for only being covered for tyres on a motorbike if you carry a spare, but would certainly buy cover again.
purchase of cover was straightforward and inexpensive. Thankfully we never needed to call out assistance, so not able to rate the actual breakdown service.
Our car broke down in France and it was picked up very quickly. However, we had to do all the chasing after that, and Breakdown Assist only got round to telling us the car would not be fixed in time to drive it home until the day before our departure date - and that was only because we chased them. They offered a Ford Fiesta to take out family of five and bags and cases home. Our car is a Ford S-Max. Eventually, we had to stay an extra night, leave bags behind and get a flight home. We then had to fly back and pick up the car when it was mended and drive across France. Huge lack of information and proactive attitude. In fact, it was us spending time on the phone chasing. On the plus side, Breakdown Assist did not quibble about reimbursing our expenses, so that was very welcome. Not awful - but just try to be a bit more proactive.
On the whole very good. Except being charged an admin fee for changing an address where I have done all the work, a common rip-off used by the insurance industry but a rip-off all the same!
I have only been with this company for two years and Luckily ever needed their services,so I can not comment. Their internet services is very acceptable
I recently renewed my Breakdown Assist cover without any hesitation after taking it out a year ago. I had to call for assistance on one occasion & was happy with the service I received, so was pleased to find my Renewal Quote was less than amount I'd paid originally. Therefore, from personal experience, I can happily recommend Breakdown Assist.
Excellent prices. But fortunately not needed to call out yet.Renewed policy in full confidence. Highly recommenced
Excellent service
I first joined breakdown assist 4 yrs. ago after my existing service hit me with yet another price increase although I had never had to use their services. In the past 4 yrs. I have only had to call out the breakdown service once & that was quick & easy, with the correct size vehicle arriving to load my car onto & taking me to my nominated garage for repair. So completely hassle free & a good choice of cover @ an affordable cost. The call centre staff could not have been more helpful.
Arrived quickly and sorted problem. Very friendly service
Easy to apply, good website, very competitive price. Fortunately haven't needed to use the service yet. A download from website of assist contact details to print and keep in car would be useful.
Breakdown Assist is rated 4.63 based on 1,060 reviews