Brantano Reviews

33% of reviewers recommend Brantano
9PM
9PM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Brantano?

About Brantano: Place where you can buy fantastiv range of Shoes and Boots at Brantano footwear online. The latest ladies, Men’s and kids Shoes in a huge range of styles Including brands such as Clarks, Hush Puppies and Skechers.<br /> Brantano was established in the UK in 1998 and has over 150 stores across the country, we are known for our great value shoes for all the family. Brantano’s website has a huge range of shoes for every family member with brands ranging from Nike, Skechers, Hush Puppies and Clarks.

Interlink Way West, Interlink Business Park, Bardon, Coalville

Categories:
Fashion
Footwear

Click Here

Tell us how Brantano made you happy

"I have been to the congleton branch may of times, and every time the staff are very happy to help. Always going the extra mile if they can, the staff their are fantastic and really know how to look after their customers. Because they are always so nice their is always a guaranteed sale :-). Thank you ladies for all your help you really are a good team. Xx"
Are you Brantano? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"Had the most awful experience there today; the shop assistant was VERY rude as I was trying to return some trainers, so rude in fact I had to ask the manager to intervene and serve me instead, which she did. Whilst in the company of the rather snotty shop assistant, I told the manager - who was extremely polite and courteous - that 'this was how customer service should be' and the shop assistant started arguing with me again, in front of her manager. To be completely transparent, the whole matter concerns trainers and shoe insoles purchased 2 days prior. A different shop assistant had recommended the insoles. She also said if my son wasn't happy with the purchase, we could return them. My son never opened the insoles (which was evident from the packaging) and the trainers were never worn. However, they do not refund insoles. I accept that they don't refund insoles, but I was trying to point out to the (snotty) assistant that their refund policy was clearly printed on the wall and says nothing about exclusions and that it might be a good idea to inform the customer at the time of purchase. Instead of a polite acknowledgement, I got a somewhat frosty "would you expect a refund on an opened not your of cough medicine". Um, hardly comparable! To top it off, she then told me I was rude! So incredulous I was dumbfounded! At this point, I sought the manager's help. I didn't make a complaint about her (she was holding onto her job by the skin of her teeth), I just wanted to be served by someone who treated me like a valued customer and not a nuisance! Brantano's in Ipswich? The place to go if you want to be insulted."
"Very poor quality and shoes that smell of chemicals and what a nightmare to get a refund.never again"
"They seem to sell a lot of faulty shoes. When you take them back you get a credit note only valid for 6 months Service poor, staff uninterested and done of them cannot even measure your child's foot properly. My child has arrow feet and be member of staff measured her a a wide fitting. Other times I was sold a pair of hush puppies for my daughter that had 2 insoles that you swap over as your child's foot grows. The staff member in the shop told me I couldn't have both insoles yet head office said that shouldn't have happened. Brant about did nothing about it Brantano Northwich Very disappointing indeed And I'm not surprised the one in winsford closed down"
"The staff at brantano are lovely and really helpful,we visited the store in broughton 2/8/15 for our daughters 1st pair of school shoes,the girl we had helping us was fantastic&took her time to get our daughter the right shoe as with her having problems with her feet we needed something that has good support,I know of a lot of people who rate this store for the staff helping them especially those who have problems with supportive shoes. The only downfall for me is that they could do with stocking more hush puppies for toddlers/pre schoolers as I swear by hush puppies other than that fantastic :)"
"Pros: 50% discount each new season Depending on the shop, a lovely team Over time hours. Cons:forced over time house (sucks if your a student revising for an exam and they won't reduce your hours !) I was a sales assistant so got paid £5:13 per hour minimum wage Sometimes you get paid every 4 weeks, sometimes after 5 weeks. That bloody targets :((shoe care- selling polish,insoles etc ,ladies bags, sports accessories and umbrellas) I found my team quite nice , of course there is always those who gossip but they where nice. You just had to be open but only about the positive things about you. When we had other workers from another store come in, I realised that not all are like that. In fact this guy (19) felt the need to keep mentioning that he has a career working out outside of school like we are all there to work for Brantanos till we had abd have no formal education of our own... But in my store we all acknowledged that we are smart and a job is a job! The managers where nice ,when I started had a horid one omg nothing u did was good enough although she said nice things there was ALWAYS room for improvement like ...essh However , she left had a nicer manager..too nice actually, to a point where me n my colleagues spent most of the shift chatting and we didn't have to work if we didn't want to. The regional manager visit is now and then. People fear him but I guess its what he wants *rolls eyes* . jobs where gotten unfairly and if u don't lick his butt he will stop giving you (as a manager) support till u leave the company "willingly " oh and if u want to call and report any incidents , no one picks up. The helpline doesn't work. The regional manager demoted a manager without telling her leaving her in tears and humiliated. That should get him fired but she got the job by getting on her knees adults u read between the lines) and doesn't really seem to know her rights ..even if she did they'd probably cut off her support till she "chooses" to leave. Supervisors are alright I think they get like £6 something and can do overtime. As for working there, I learnt that if u lick booty, (metaphorically of course) managers will like you thus letting u do squat all in the shop...its fun and games till your kpi(target) reviews."
"I bought some Sketchers from Brantano. The shoes had a ridge in the heel that would have caused blisters. I took them back, and whilst they agreed that they were faulty and replaced them, they would not give the new shoes the water proofing treatment I paid for on the original shoes. I don't know about legally, but morally if I paid for a treatment on faulty shoes, I would have said they were obliged to provide the treatment at no cost on the replacements. I have written to the CEO so hope to get satisfaction, but I really shouldn't have to go to this trouble. I don't think I would go to this shop again, this would not have happened in a high street show shop. Once bitten as they say!"
"Never received an order confirmation or despatch email, therefore was not waiting in for a parcel.. only one note left out of six apparently attempted deliverys, communication was very slow and told diffrent/conflicting things each time.. after three weeks I have requested a refund!"
"I worked for Brantano as an assistant manager. The store manager was a nasty, vindictive bully and victimised staff on a daily basis, she also stole from the store, forged staff signatures and used staff id numbers on the till. Seven out of ten staff all made a written complaint to head office, who were absolutely useless. The company deserves to fail, they employ the wrong people at all levels. The company just want you to sell as many of their poor quality shoes, shoecare and store cards (with a ridiculous interest rate) as you can. All in all a thoroughly awful experience."
"I was appalled how myself and my family was treated in the store at the fort Birmingham. We were followed around the shop by staff and rudely served, however no other customer was victimised like us. I certainly won't be going back to the store."
"I love the store in Inverurie, the staff are truly amazing, the store is beautiful the shoes are lovely and comfortable to wear. Pete the store manager replaced a pair of shoes recently without any hassle at all and they are the most amazing shoes I have ever worn. I have recommended them to many of my friends. Please do not listen to the other reports on here the people do not know what they are talking about."
"I often shop with Brantano shoe store in Inverurie Aberdeenshire and the shoes are lovely, the staff are amazing and most helpful the store manager Pete is fantastic. Got a pair of shoes which had a fault in them and he replaced them in no time at all. The shoes are beautiful and very comfortable I have recommended them to many friends of mine. I want to thank them for all the hard work they put into their beautiful store."
"bought a pair of shoes-they lasted a week-lining fell apart,exchanged for another but different pair-had these 7 weeks and they leaked in the rain--took them back--they don't exchange as unless labelled waterproof--well aren't all shoes worn outside therefore should be waterproof!!!! They exchanged as a gesture of good will but won't again!!! really bad service--then on exchange I was served by an assistant who called my lovey!!darling!! and I certainly was not!!!"
"Ordered 2 pairs of shoes online for collection at my local Brantano.2 weeks later still no sign of the shoes and my email to customer services has been ignored. The service couldn't be any worse"
"Truly awful!! Purchased a pair of shoes which split after 6 weeks and only worn 4 times. Took them back to the shop and they point blank refused to acknowledge the problem, the staff were simply awful and the store manager was just the most awful rude and aggressive woman you could possibly meet!! She started tapping the sign on the wall saying no return as its wear and tear send them to head office they can deal with it. We had a receipt and proof or purchase as well!! I cannot describe just how awful this store manager was. We have 3 childrens and spend hundreds of pounds a year in Brantano - never ever again. Awful service, cheap shoes that don't last and truly awful customer service from the Lincoln store near NEXT and ASDA. Do not shop here - you have been warned."
"Two and half weeks ago I went to my local Brantano shop in Grantham. I wanted the shoes but they were in stock so I paid for it but the lady said that delivery will arrive next Wednesday, so happily went home. next Wednesday no one from the story called to me so I decided on Friday go to the shop. When I came into shop the lady went to check if my shoes arrived, she came back and said no, they will be next Wednesday... she even didn't tell me sorry for this. So I waited one more week, total 2,5 weeks. When I went there again the other Wednesday my shoes wasn't still there!!! I just asked to give my money back, because I am 7 month pregnant and couldn't wait any more longer. And again no one in that shop told me sorry for this!!! What people are working there!!! I am not will go there any more in my life!!!"
"I went into my local store on Friday but unfortunately the boots I liked were not in stock. The extremely helpful assistant called a couple of branches close by and arranged for them to be held for me to collect. Went today and collected them from the very helpful assistant at a nearby store. Full marks!"
"I went today to your branch at Westway Shopping Park in Greenford to buy a pair of shoes for my son. He tried one but I couldn't find the other shoe so I asked the shop assistant if he could help me to locate it. He rudely said "it is in the box" and went away. After I found it I said to him "in other shops you were supposed to help the customer" and before I have finished he said "Yea, yea, go pay at the till.. pay at the till". This is the rudest shop keeper I have seen in my life. I have reported this to the manager and much to my surprise, his reply was "we keep the shoes in the boxes". He: 1-never tried to identify who the shop assistant was, and 2- never offered an apology. My son needed the shoes for tomorrow and the time was 6pm, so I had to buy the shoes. I am a journalist and have traveled to many undeveloped countries in the world but found customer treatment there more civilized than your staff. You have rude staff and ignorant managers, no wonder you are ranked as one of the worst shops in the UK in customer service. My experience tells me you are working hard to get worse!"
Brantano is rated 2.34 based on 58 reviews