Brantano Reviews

Interlink Way West, Interlink Business Park, Bardon, Coalville

Categories:
Fashion
Footwear

How would you rate Brantano ?

COLIN FLOWERDAY
Unverified Reviewer
"Brantano Footwear had to be the most USELESS shoe shop ever no wonder they went bust as the Manager in the now defunct Norwich branch was a rude ignorant twat and staff in the shop hanged around the till not helping anyone you asked them all you got was I DONT KNOW? WEAKEST LINK BRANTANO.................................................................................GOODBYE!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Purchased some CAT shoes and have worn them for 2 weeks, polished them yesterday with neutral coloured wax as advised by a Brantano member of staff and they have gone from tan colour to a dark brown colour! So today I went to Brantano and told two workers today in the Reading store who couldn't care less. Was told I could have a full refund (I was wearing them and didn't have any others) or swap them for an alternative at the 50% marked down price. I am a size 13 and with only 6 pairs of 13 in the store I had somewhat limited choice. Bearing in mind that all the shoes are now all marked down by 50% I said how about you give me 50% back as a good will gesture and I keep the shoes, but no that wasn't possible. I came away from the shop to purchase some replacements from Brantano online and then return to the store for the refund I was promised. However I am now unable to search online as Brantano has gone in to administration and the website has been closed down. What absolutely rubbish service..."
"Husband brought a pair of shoes for son today, got style, size & colour totally wrong. Paid by cc. Within an hour sent him back for change of mind refund as stated on back of receipt only to be refused and offered an exchange. Nothing suitable in stock so now stuck with a totally useless pair of shoes !! Deserve to be closing !!"
Colin Flowerday
Unverified Reviewer
"BRANTANO has gotta be the most useless pathetic shoe shop ever with Abysmal customer service, rude miserable staff and stores that look like a messy charity shop! I went into the Norwich store where the Manager stands there being rude to customers like BASIL FAWLTY and the staff hide behind the till not helping customers and you ask someone where are the shoes in my size you get the dim line I DONT KNOW? Its like being on the WEAKEST LINK in there as their ANNE ROBINSON attitude is a lot to be desired as I say don't go into BRANTANO try SHOEZONE they are better! STOP PRESS BRANTANO HAS GONE BUST WONDERFUL NEWS GET THE CHAMPERS OUT AS THAT RUDE IDIOT OF A MANAGER WILL BE GONE AND BRANTANO WILL BE REPLACED BY A BETTER SHOP!!!"
"Having purchased a pair of Sketchers last year I found that after 3months of wearing them the stitching had split. After much deliberating with myself, I decided to return to the branch and explain the situation the Area Manager Nikki was so very helpful, she explained I needed to have proof of purchase. I returned the next day and Nikki and store Manager Tracy went the extra mile for me, and arranged a credit for me at the present cost, which was slightly lower than the original cost, but very much appreciated. Thank you ladies."
Margaret Barker
Unverified Reviewer
"Visited the Beaumont Leys store of Brentano today. I tried on several shoes I needed for work. Choose an ideal pair and checked on the internet to see if I could apply any current discounts/vouchers. The only current discount voucher was for 'on line' orders = 20% discount. I immediately ordered the shoes on line, applied the discount code and paid by Paypal only to find the discount had not been applied?? I approached the store manager Matt who provided me with their Head Office phone number. I spoke to Karen in the Head Office who said she would investigate the issue and call me back. Within 5 minutes Karen did call me back, cancelled my original order and sanctioned 20% discount to be applied in store - Brilliant!! Thanks to Matt (Store Manager) & Karen (Customer Services) my experience of shopping in Brentano was 10/10 - Thank you both from one VERY happy customer Margaret."
Karen Wallace
Unverified Reviewer
"Wow your store in Linwood service was outstanding !!!! I visited last week with my mother your girls answered every single question she asked with a smile never losing patience, returned with son yesterday and got greeted with a smile nothing was a bother amazing customer service think these girls deserve some recognition"
Gladys Taylor
Unverified Reviewer
"This the first time I have shopped at Brantana this was in the Inverurie branch.I bought a pair of boots which were in the sale.I found the assistant that served me very pleasant and most helpful.."
"I ordered four pairs of shoes online from Brantano on 23rd September 2016. I kept one pair and promptly returned the other three pairs (each costing £60) in one parcel. There was a long delay before any money was returned to my credit card, but then only for two pairs, not three. On telephoning customer services, I was asked to send a copy of my credit card statement as proof that this was the case. After doing so, I was told that the outstanding money had then been returned to my credit card. However, no refund materialised so after three weeks I contacted Brantano again. Computer errors were blamed (!)and I was then told that a cheque would be issued and posted to me. That was three weeks ago! After a further phone call today, two months since I put in the order, I was told that the cheque had been posted yesterday! I await to its arrival, but I shall never order anything again from Brantano. I have never had any such problems with any main department store when ordering online."
"My husband bought a pair of slippers on Wednesday but by Friday of the same week one of the slippers was coming apart. Unfortunately we had disposed of the receipt thinking they were OK and couldn't retrieve it from the sack in the community bin used for the block of flats where we live.We went to the store on Saturday morning to hopefully exchange them or failing that request a refund.My husband went on his own only to be told nothing could be done without a receipt. Unfortunately he lost his cool and left the shop. I subsequently went in and asked to speak to the manager. I explained that my husband was under immense stress having been diagnosed with terminal liver cancer the week before with a possible life expectancy of two weeks hence the reason for losing his cool. The manager said that she didn't accept that he could be rude to her staff. I asked that perhaps knowing this that perhaps she could cut him a bit of slack. Her attitude was cold and unhelpful. I was able to show her the email received from Brantano confirming my " Free Gift" for my purchase and she finally said I could have a credit note. I would never shop in Brantano again and the attitude of the Manager in the Burton upon Trent store was cold and totally unsympathetic. Terrible customer service as the goods were not fit for purpose under the current law."
Susan Littlejohn
Verified Reviewer
"I had previously vowed never to shop in Brantano in Perth again after having a bad experience with both staff and management around 2 years ago. The lack of customer service astounded me and the shop was dirty and unorganised. However when my son returned home with school shoes fit for the bin and the local clarks store being closed I was left with no choice. When we entered the store I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted by two smiling staff members before I even had the chance we were offered a measuring and fitting service by a lady with red hair she was very helpful knowledgable and spend a lot of time with us ensuring my sons shoes fitted correctly. We ended up purchasing a pair of trainers as well. The store looked clean and the ambiance was generally a lot better. What a turn around from a few years back. I would now happily recommend the store to others. Great selection and great service ."
"Absolutely terrible online service - shoes are great if they fit but if they don't you have no end of problems with incorrect returns, withholding money and their Customer Service Team just don't seem to understand. Would not recommend them - deal with a much more reputable company."
"Awful awful service, I was served by the manager and he was barely civil! Not a please or thankyou; shop not busy but still rubbish slow service"
"A ten to fifteen minute wait at the cash deal to pay, and I was at the front of the queue. One person serving the tannoys for help no one came. Not a good example of customer srvice at the Norwich store."
"Got what I wanted quickly at a fair price"
"Went in to the branch in Ilkeston today 16/9/16 (waterside retail park) I was served by a nice young chap who couldn't have been more helpful. Got my boots water proofed in the spray machine. They came out perfect. I was dealt with in a professional manner and the lad was a credit to the company"
"Disgusting service, taking money from my card when an item wasn't even in stock and not refunding when requested, would not recommend to anyone."
"I had some problems with an online order due to your move in august 2016. The lady I phoned a your customer service center (Amy) was very polite,apologetic and so helpful. She sorted all the issues while I was on the phone. The issues caused by your move are understandable and the main thing is the costumer service I received was of the highest quality"
Sue Carpenter
Unverified Reviewer
"Bought 2 pairs of boots which were not fit for purpose. Managed to wear them for one day before they were so uncomfortable that I couldn't wear them any longer. I had to go and buy 2 pairs of inner soles to make them last a couple more days before I could get home and find a bin. Recently bought a pair of sandals which again lasted 1 day before they were unwearable. When I went to the Waterlooville store I was greeted by a very rude woman who made me feel about an inch tall. Slagged me off in front of my partner, she thought it made her look clever (not) Will never go shopping there again. customer service nil. Better to go shopping at Pavers Port Solent where you are treated with the respect you deserve. Lovely selection of shoes too and good prices."
"Elgin branch = Awful Waited for ages at the till, had to go and find a member of staff who grunted when I asked if I could get served. Another staff member served me, didn't apologise for my wait, took payment, didn't asked if I required a bag, very poor service. Some training in customer relations required I think!"
Brantano is rated 2.42 based on 55 reviews